2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
However, I am very excited to see the Schoffenhoffer pink grapefruit beer on the menu!!

Just discovered it last year first in a bottle at Crews Cup then on draft in Germany at Epcot.

We mentioned what a great beer it would be to have while relaxing at the pool ... Very light and refreshing ... so here's to hoping it is still there in June!

Wait! What?!? I didn't notice the grapefruit beer! I prefer beer to wine. I really want to try this after reading some great reviews and every once and awhile I will ask at restaurants if they have that. So far I haven't found it. I guess next time I am at the Beach Club I will have to get that. Research purposes, of course!

::yes::

Last edited:
However, I am very excited to see the Schoffenhoffer pink grapefruit beer on the menu!!

Just discovered it last year first in a bottle at Crews Cup then on draft in Germany at Epcot.

We mentioned what a great beer it would be to have while relaxing at the pool ... Very light and refreshing ... so here's to hoping it is still there in June!

Definitely a good addition. As I recall, during our Oct. BC trip, my little brother (21, so ok not THAT little) disappeared during the Fuel concert and showed up with one awhile later. He said he just really liked the beer, we think he just really liked the beer girl!! :rolleyes2

page 211-212

I'm not sure that there are "set" locations where the rooms are, but I do know that the opportunities to upgrade, even if you offer to pay for it, are limited. As far as I know, requests are still considered and honored when possible for people who book with this agency, but as always, requests are just that- not guaranteed.

I haven't booked a trip with this agency so I can't give you any first-hand input.

:)

Thanks for the feedback Dee.

Yes maybe I misunderstood that the rooms were "set" as far as category not location. That would be great ... Still having ability to request a particular floor / balcony etc.

It will be strange though having a standard view as we've always had garden/water but this will be for a shorter time before we move to BCV instead of the full 12 nights.

Sorry, I need a little help. I've been following several threads on these boards and can't remember where I read about BC CL standard view room over portico with shared balcony. I called concierge to ask about it, and they said don't have one. The post said several rooms shared the balcony and it was great with extended family. I have three rooms booked and would love to hear specifics about it. Thanks for any help.

Sorry, I need a little help. I've been following several threads on these boards and can't remember where I read about BC CL standard view room over portico with shared balcony. I called concierge to ask about it, and they said don't have one. The post said several rooms shared the balcony and it was great with extended family. I have three rooms booked and would love to hear specifics about it. Thanks for any help.

This may be the room you are thinking of, but it is not on club level. I don't know if the rooms in the same place on other floors also have this configuration, but I have not heard that they do.

Room 4176 http://www.disboards.com/threads/beach-club-room-views.3057904/page-4#post-52744579

Curtains. There's a blackout curtain and sheers:

BCF8CBE4-6F8C-41EB-A756-0CA8B2D29E39.jpg

Desk chair cushion:

973F9B79-3D73-4184-9ADF-68DF30B05E62.jpg

Carpeting:

B2A92DFB-23F3-402F-AE08-77568387BD6F.jpg

Closeup of decorative pillow on daybed:

D07E828B-3729-473D-AFDC-BDF09C0C252F.jpg

Closeup of sconce and headboard:

2F760D68-A4AC-48D8-BDDD-9BEC596B56F1.jpg
[/QUOTE

Love these pics :) so much attention to detail

Quick question....why is BC more expensive than YC? Same dates, same category(GV). Is this a recent change ?
I swear when we stayed at YC two years ago the pricing was the same. Now BC is almost $40 per day more.
Oddly when I went to book for our trip with AP rates BC was less than YC, about $40 or so. We were actually going to go with YC but I stuck with BC to save a few dollars

I'm headed to YC in 45 days! Still doing the big family trip in August, but I'm doing a quick weekend to meet up with some DIS friends. YC SV CL 5/2-5/5 with 4 of my kiddos...give me strength..DH and DS14 are staying home

I missed this last week! So fun! I travel with our three boys on my own frequently and I think it's much easier at Disney than at home. At Disney, I don't have to drive, clean, cook, take care of our puppy or monitor homework/chores completion. Honestly, FP+ schedules are easy compared to the school/activities schedules at home!

I missed this last week! So fun! I travel with our three boys on my own frequently and I think it's much easier at Disney than at home. At Disney, I don't have to drive, clean, cook, take care of our puppy or monitor homework/chores completion. Honestly, FP+ schedules are easy compared to the school/activities schedules at home!
I wholeheartedly agree, plus some DIS friends will be close to help :) I'm only nervous about the flight with my DS6, but the security has been better with kiddos with special needs recently. I am very excited for F&G, and two SAB trips

This is different than even last July.

As a PP mentioned, I too am disappointed in the removal of the chicken with avacado sandwich. The new version just doesn't sound as appealing in the summer sun.

Oh no, I love that chicken sandwich with avocado...I was just thinking I couldn't wait to have it in August. :(

Last time we were at WDW we stayed at BWV. DH is not "Disneyfied" but that nearly did it...he loved it. He wants to try BCV for or Christmas trip this year, however I know he will be disappointed if he doesn't have a view of the BW or Epcot...we are renting a studio. Does anyone know of a BCV room with a view of Epcot or Boardwalk? Thanks in advance...so excited to see it at Christmas!! Dream Trip!!

Ok guys... BC room 4530 has a balcony that is so big I literally started laughing. I will post pics tomorrow, we just got in and it's 3 am. This is a refurbished room and it is absolutely stunning. I can see the Epcot ball and it looks like it's a great view of the fireworks. But seriously this is the craziest balcony I've ever seen. It's so big I had to use the flashlight on my phone to walk all the way down it. It goes across the entire peak of the end of the building so it's completely private since there are no neighbors. I'm pretty sure it's as long as a bowling alley lane. Can't wait for daylight to take pics. This is definitely a room to request if you need 2 queens and are ok with no sofa/daybed.

OMG!! Dream come true room for sure!!!

Last time we were at WDW we stayed at BWV. DH is not "Disneyfied" but that nearly did it...he loved it. He wants to try BCV for or Christmas trip this year, however I know he will be disappointed if he doesn't have a view of the BW or Epcot...we are renting a studio. Does anyone know of a BCV room with a view of Epcot or Boardwalk? Thanks in advance...so excited to see it at Christmas!! Dream Trip!!

The BCV rooms don't have a view of the Boardwalk. There is a big resort called the Beach Club that is in the way. ;) And there are a lot of trees between the villas and Epcot, so there isn't much in the way of a view there, either, although some rooms would have a view of the Epcot ball or some of the fireworks through the trees.

Here is a map from the first page to show you how the BCV's are between the BC and the parking lot.

BCYCMap-2.jpg

We are going to be spending one Saturday at DHS for Star Wars weekend. We booked the Fantasmic lunch package at H&V around 1 pm and have tickets to the first Fantasmic show. We figure we will have a snack at some point, then some appetizers at the CL before heading back to the park. We booked a late ADR at Beaches and Cream (I think 10:15 pm?) I wasn't thinking about the timing for Fantasmic, but I'm assuming that we'll have enough time to make it there. It's the second weekend in June, so I'm figuring Fantasmic will be around 9? Think we will have a problem making it to B&C?

The BCV rooms don't have a view of the Boardwalk. There is a big resort called the Beach Club that is in the way. ;) And there are a lot of trees between the villas and Epcot, so there isn't much in the way of a view there, either, although some rooms would have a view of the Epcot ball or some of the fireworks through the trees.

Here is a map from the first page to show you how the BCV's are between the BC and the parking lot.

BCYCMap-2.jpg
Thanks so much! Spaceship Earth is what I am looking for...dreaming...wishing...our BWV studio last trip had BWV and Spaceship Earth View...so hoping for that :) Thanks again for the map!!

We are going to be spending one Saturday at DHS for Star Wars weekend. We booked the Fantasmic lunch package at H&V around 1 pm and have tickets to the first Fantasmic show. We figure we will have a snack at some point, then some appetizers at the CL before heading back to the park. We booked a late ADR at Beaches and Cream (I think 10:15 pm?) I wasn't thinking about the timing for Fantasmic, but I'm assuming that we'll have enough time to make it there. It's the second weekend in June, so I'm figuring Fantasmic will be around 9? Think we will have a problem making it to B&C?

For most Star Wars weekends, Fantasmic is at 8/8:30 and then again at 10:30, with the Star Wars fireworks and show at 9:30.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!