2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just checked my current ADRs, and they say to arrive 5 minutes early. I think the recommendation to arrive 20 (or 30 as I recall) may have been verbal when I asked why it was taking so long on a previous trip. i can not recall one ADR where they sat us on time. I missed my fast pass for meeting Belle after my 45 minute late seating for dinner at Be our Guest last year. But I wasn't In the mood to have fun after that ordeal anyway. Between the food, cost for food I was too scared to eat, and the anxiety of waiting - I was ready to just leave. So planning on booking fast passes at times that ADRs can't impact is highly recommended by me as well. My note to self is to pack granola bars and just order a nice beverage- but my allergy should not impact most other guests or my family for that matter.

FYI: ADRs are always in a park at 6:30ish. Maybe I will give 5ish more consideration.

Last edited:
Yuck!!! Ours is coming overnight.

It looks like you figured it out, but just want everyone to know the direct photo upload option is not working right now. It has only been available intermittently the past few days.

Photobucket uploads are still working, but there is an issue with the code. Here's my ode to spring...

I did figure it out and thought I reduced the size as well but it didn't quite work. Love this. Lax games being cancelled because the fields are snow covered on the first day of spring.

So... Way back in this thread I saw someone comment about being concerned about sandy feet. I remember many moons ago I had this same concern. I figured I was going to come out of the pool with sand in my bathing suit and did not relish the idea of that very public outdoor shower. It took a lot of convincing by my daughter to finally pull the trigger and book a stay. My concerns were completely unfounded.

Maybe if you spend most of your time in the one very shallow, very sandy area, you may wind up with sand in crevices you don't want it in. We have found, haowever, that naked showers are not necessary (thankfully). My suit and feet are generally sand free after walking out of the pool.

Ahhhh...........I can't wait for summer to get here & stay at this beautiful resort!!!!!! We will be surprising our 2 DD's to celebrate the youngest finishing middle school. Starting at the beach the first half of the week and ending at the BC the 2nd half of the week. It's going to be awesome!!!!!!

Last edited:

The sand on the bottom of the pool is more like tiny boulders. Even with my 6 little fly feet the course "sand" has a hard time sticking to them. That being said I don't much dive to the bottom of Stormalong Bay. I'll only jump in if I see a Maraschino cherry in danger of drowning.

Signed, Buzzy the fly, your Beach Club Resort pool guy.

Just booked the "new" Wishes Dessert party for our September trip.

Buzzy, if you are around, feel free to join us for the party...just stay away from my sparkling cider.

Right now we are booked at BC using the June/July "magical" deal. Received our letter today letting us know about the renovations.

It made me think more about the posts I have read here about the group rate and that those rooms are in a "set" location.

We were hoping to request a newly renovated room on 4th floor (maybe 3rd will be ready by time we arrive). I know requests are just that, but we've had decent luck in the past. Now I am wondering if we will eliminate the possibility completely by using the "magical" rate versus the summer discount. Or worse, we put ourselves in a position to get even a non-renovated room closer to construction noise and then lose our ability to request a change.

Would like to hear from any of you who have booked those "magical" rooms in the past and if you made requests, if they were honored? Where was your room located?

Thanks for any insight.

Worst wait we ever had for an ADR was 'Ohana. I think it was 45 minutes, and the ADR was for 11:30 (they'd added later times for breakfast because of popularity). Stitch was unbelievably cranky and I think it was less character-driven than the time of day. We finally had breakfast served about 12:30. I know a meal at Garden Grille started late, but I can't remember how late. I scheduled another ADR for 'Ohana this next trip because my youngest child loves Stitch and it's the day we move to the BC, so we don't have too many plans for the day, other than settling in and enjoying the pool.

It IS a Happy New Year. Got my Be Our Guest reservation for the family for dinner in June. It's Jeanne's and Lily's favorite restaurant. And now Bob will get to experience it too in June. Happy New Year!!!!!
Uh oh...when are they coming in June Teena? Assume you will be taking off. We will be there 6/20-7/2 and don't want to miss you (but it would be great to meet your family):thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I have found renting a car from National/Alamo at the Dolphin (which is about a 5 minute walk from YC) to be a cost effective and easy way of getting around.

Not knowing your exact dates in April, I priced out a compact for 24 hours, mid-April, which came out at under $62, using a basic coupon; a little search will give you an even better rate, or feel free to PM me for some specifics. There is a current coupon that gives you a free weekend day on a 3 day minimum rental.

With the low gas prices, in my opinion, you can't miss. I love the ability of being able to go wherever I want, when I want. Somehow usually forgetting to bring something along, a trip to Target, Walmart, etc. is not unusual. And, there is always the outlet shopping, if time allows, on those weather-unfriendly days.

There is plenty of free parking at YC/BC for guests; I've never had a problem finding a parking space there.

Wishing a Magical and Happy New Year to all!

I agree with this...and it is great for a quick stop at the grocery store. The only issue is that the counter is only open for limited hours...if I remember correctly from when I looked into this before they don't open until 9am so you may need to take a two day rental.

I'll be working June 21st and 22nd.

The girls arrive on the 27th of June. We check into Ft. Wilderness Cabins on 6/28 for five nights. Then I'll be working July 5 and 6. Then we will be at the parks (day trips from the house) on July 7, 8, 9 and 10. Then we are off to Anna Maria Island on 7/11 (Lily's birthday) for a week. I'll be back at work on 7/19 and 20. The girls fly home on the 20th. Bob gets to take them to the airport while I work.

We have 6:10 dinner on the 28th at BOG. After that, Lily wants to take Pop-Pop on the Mine Train and the Barnstormer so we'll be around MK that evening. Then we'll be at Teppan Edo at 5:30 for dinner on 7/1. If you want to meet Jeanne and Lily too, probably the best place would be Magic Kingdom after dinner at BOG. I'm going to shoot for a FP for the Mine Train sometime around 8PM.

I've missed you guys!

Worst wait we ever had for an ADR was 'Ohana. I think it was 45 minutes, and the ADR was for 11:30 (they'd added later times for breakfast because of popularity). Stitch was unbelievably cranky and I think it was less character-driven than the time of day. We finally had breakfast served about 12:30. I know a meal at Garden Grille started late, but I can't remember how late. I scheduled another ADR for 'Ohana this next trip because my youngest child loves Stitch and it's the day we move to the BC, so we don't have too many plans for the day, other than settling in and enjoying the pool.
Our worst wait ever was GG - easily 45 minutes past our already late 6:45 dinner reservation. We barely made it to Illuminations after!!! But the kids STILL talk about how much they loved dinner at the "spinning restaurant" so it obviously didn't bother them as much as it bothered me! :)

Our worst wait ever was GG - easily 45 minutes past our already late 6:45 dinner reservation. We barely made it to Illuminations after!!! But the kids STILL talk about how much they loved dinner at the "spinning restaurant" so it obviously didn't bother them as much as it bothered me! :)

Looking back at photos of our dinner there, I see a large glass of wine in front of my smiling face. I suspect that might have something to do with my memories of GG being fonder than those of 'Ohana. There was no booze at 'Ohana.

Buzzy, if you are around, feel free to join us for the party...just stay away from my sparkling cider.

Thanks! The bubbles in the sparkling cider make my nose itchy so as long as there are no Maraschino cherries drowning in your glass you are safe!!

Signed, Buzzy the fly, your Magic Kingdom dessert guy

Thanks! The bubbles in the sparkling cider make my nose itchy so as long as there are no Maraschino cherries drowning in your glass you are safe!!

Signed, Buzzy the fly, your Magic Kingdom dessert guy

Found this in the Disney Dining site, Buzzy. They are ready for you...image.jpg

Please post how the new Wishes Desert Party is. Is it still in the same place where the tomorrowland desert party was?

Please post how the new Wishes Desert Party is. Is it still in the same place where the tomorrowland desert party was?

I will!

Looks like the "new" dessert party is in the same location with added menu items (fresh fruit, crackers and cheese, character-themed cupcakes).

And, a new price, of course!

Hello again from my last couple days at BC. We had another scorcher here today! Lots of fun in MK discovering things I hadn't done before. We rope dropped Epcot first then FP at MK then we went to hoop-dee-do, another first. We were first hot and tired though but once it started it was great. I think our photo will be hilarious because we look like sweaty, dirty, grumpy, tourists! After the show was over we decided not to boat back to MK and then bus to BC but instead take the zone bus from FW. Big mistake! Our poor driver was just taking all our resort information when he has rear ended by another bus! So then we are in a "crash reporting zone". The other bus got the worst of it because they were moving and we were parked. We had to give them all this information then they sent other buses to take us! They ended up mixing up the buses so we had people from all resorts on one bus. Luckily BC was third on a very long list of stops!
Last day of parks tomorrow and a very happy dd gets to meet Elsa!
Still love the BC and tonight I was especially grateful to see it!
I have HDDR booked also, but that morning my DH is going golfing I was going to have him drive to HDDR. Do you not recommend that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter