2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for sharing that great video. The rooms are so beautiful. Can't wait to see it in person this July.

Hello all from the Beach Club. We arrived here around 11. It took almost 1 and 1/2 hours from touch down to resort. I have read of others doing it much faster. Our biggest glitch was that we were the first ones to sit down on the ME! So we waited a bit. Then it went to CBR, BW, then us. We actually waited almost 10 minutes in the driveway because another ME was loading ahead. I wanted to say "just let me out we can walk from here!" We had a breezy check in and our room was ready. We got upper floor (4th) and daybed but we have a small balcony. We could have had a large balcony lower floor but I wanted a referb room! I supossidly have a garden view but I mainly face BCV. If you lean over the balcony you can see the fireworks from Epcot! Had a great first day at MK. ADR at Chef Mickey's ( it was so so and expensive, good character time though). We had a night swim at SAB. It is open to 11, I know that was a concern from some ( me included).
My parents are here with me today and something went on during he day when the kids and I were MK. They had to evacuate. Not sure what it was. I have seen nothing nor heard nothing about the referb. I will post again if I find anything out. The rooms are really nice though!
Happy to answer any questions if you have them.

I have been stressing over the decision to stay at BC or YC, but thought all newly renovated BC rooms had roman shades. This video shows the room with curtains. Does anyone know how you know which rooms have the curtains versus the roman shades? I am considering CL, but i would love to be able to request a room with "curtains"...that would solidify my decision to do BC CL instead of YC... Anyone know? of course i know requests are just that...requests.

I believe that rooms with sliding patio doors have the sheers and room-darkening draperies, while the rooms with a hinged door and small window have the Roman-fold shades (with light leakage).

I believe that rooms with sliding patio doors have the sheers and room-darkening draperies, while the rooms with a hinged door and small window have the Roman-fold shades (with light leakage).
That would make sense ...i will have to investigate! thanks!

Thanks for the suggestion. I finally was able to get back to CRO this morning as the system was down last night. I evidently spoke with a CM who didn't know what they were doing. My reservation is for a regular garden view room, not handicapped accessible. Also, an additional deposit was due on the reservation because I changed my dates which now includes a Saturday night stay. I asked the CM yesterday afternoon if an additional deposit was due and she told me no. Anyway, I'm quite happy I was able to get all of this resolved and now I'm just waiting on October to get here!!! :bored:
Hi - which number did you call to check about your reservation? Thx :)

Just showed our daughter the video of the refurbished rooms and the first thing she asked was "where is the Mickey lamp!". I think they are missed by many, but we love the look of the new rooms! We can't wait for October :D.

Thanks for posting LindyWebb.
Enjoy your trip. Hope to hear more.

We just got back yesterday from a week at the BC. I booked through orbitz and requested a refurbished room. A few days before check in I called the hotel directly and asked to make sure my request was on my reservation. We were given a 4th floor refurbished room with a garden view. We faced the BC villas and some woods. We had a door and window leading out to a mid size balcony. Plenty big for us. There really wasn't anything to see sitting out there anyway! The door and window had a roman shade on it. We were up early anyway so we didn't notice any light coming in the room. The rooms are really nice and smell fresh and new. My kids didn't like that there wasn't a "Disney theme" to them. The shower curtain has little mickeys but that was it. If anyone has any questions let me know!

JetBlue alert! :offtopic:

Not sure if anyone else was waiting for the next release of the flight schedule but you can now book through January 4, 2016!! Got out preferred flight times and seats - now off to the DVC site to request Magical Express! :)

JetBlue alert! :offtopic:

Not sure if anyone else was waiting for the next release of the flight schedule but you can now book through January 4, 2016!! Got out preferred flight times and seats - now off to the DVC site to request Magical Express! :)

Just booked our flights today for Dec. to BC! Can't wait!! now the real planning can begin!!!!

Can anyone tell me about previous Easter Sunday activities at the resort? From various websites, it looks like there have been easter baskets for sale but not any character meets like they have at Contemporary, Poly and GF? There is a lot of conflicting information on previous years, and they haven't released info for this year yet even though its only a few weeks away. I'm trying to figure out whether to keep my Cape May Breakfast reservation that morning (I'm staying at Yacht Club), or if I should just plan to hop around at the monorail resorts to meet the Easter characters there (which are only available during the same time frame as my breakfast reservation). TIA!

Oooh, Ooooh! I know! Pick Meeeeee!!!!

From The Mouse Savers newsletter

Easter
Easter Sunday in 2015 is April 5.

Magic Kingdom

• For 2014, there was a “meet and greet” with the Easter Bunny during the week through Easter Sunday in the Town Square area of Magic Kingdom.
  • For 2014, Mr. Bunny made a special pre-parade appearance on April 19 and 20, along with other springtime characters and dancers, and the Azalea Trail Maids.
Epcot

• For 2015, Easter Egg Hunts will be held daily March 27 – April 5, maps and stickers are available for $4.95 plus tax at Heritage Manor Gifts (American Adventure Pavilion), Pin Central, Plaza Towers (Port of Entry) and World Traveler (International Gateway). Return your map to Disney Traders in Epcot by April 30 to participate in an ‘egg-scramble’ and pick up a surprise.
Hotel Events

Some of the Disney hotels offer egg hunts, egg decorating, characters in Easter costumes, etc. to their guests on Easter morning. If you are staying at a Disney hotel, inquire at the front desk when you arrive.

Grand Floridian Resort pastry chefs usually display elaborate edible Easter Eggs in the lobby. In 2014, the Easter Eggs were on display April 4-22.

Special Meals & Meal Pricing

There are special meals available at certain restaurants on Easter Sunday. An Easter Brunch is usually held each year at the Epcot World ShowPlace located between Canada and the United Kingdom pavilions. Regular Epcot admission is required. You can reserve holiday meals up to 180 days in advance by calling (407) WDW-DINE (939-3463).

Note that “holiday pricing” (i.e. higher prices) will be in effect for some restaurants (particularly the buffets and character meals) for the two weeks on either side of Easter. Other restaurants may charge a premium on Easter Sunday, so be sure to ask when booking reservations.

Religious Services

Services are held on Easter Sunday only in the Fantasia Ballroom at the Contemporary Resort. Catholic Mass is held at 8:00 am and 10:15 am. A Protestant service is held at 9:00 am.

You may not park at the Contemporary for these services, so to get there, you must do one of the following:

• take the Monorail to the Contemporary
  • take a boat to the Contemporary
  • take resort transportation (monorail, boat or bus) to the Magic Kingdom and transfer to a shuttle bus serving the Contemporary resort
~NM

On our arrival day we will be moving from Universal Studios to BC. We are planning on swimming at SAB in the afternoon and then have a 5:20pm ADR for Cape May Cafe. I know our room may not be ready when we check in but would it probably be ready by 3:30pm at the latest? This would be on a Sunday in August. I do not know if the day of the week makes any difference. There are 5 of us so we need enough time to get ready for dinner. This will be our first stay at BC and the first time eating at Cape May. We need to be finished eating to get to HS to ride Toy Story Mania around 7:30pm before it closes early for the Frozen fireworks. We could probably go to HS first before dinner but I have heard horror stories of people waiting 45-60 minutes after their ADR time to be seated and want to avoid that problem by eating on the earlier side. Thanks for the help.

Hello all from the Beach Club. We arrived here around 11. It took almost 1 and 1/2 hours from touch down to resort. I have read of others doing it much faster. Our biggest glitch was that we were the first ones to sit down on the ME! So we waited a bit. Then it went to CBR, BW, then us. We actually waited almost 10 minutes in the driveway because another ME was loading ahead. I wanted to say "just let me out we can walk from here!" We had a breezy check in and our room was ready. We got upper floor (4th) and daybed but we have a small balcony. We could have had a large balcony lower floor but I wanted a referb room! I supossidly have a garden view but I mainly face BCV. If you lean over the balcony you can see the fireworks from Epcot! Had a great first day at MK. ADR at Chef Mickey's ( it was so so and expensive, good character time though). We had a night swim at SAB. It is open to 11, I know that was a concern from some ( me included).
My parents are here with me today and something went on during he day when the kids and I were MK. They had to evacuate. Not sure what it was. I have seen nothing nor heard nothing about the referb. I will post again if I find anything out. The rooms are really nice though!
Happy to answer any questions if you have them.

Can I ask what the normal time is to get there because that is ridiculous. We have never waited more than 5-10min before a ME left.

Can I ask what the normal time is to get there because that is ridiculous. We have never waited more than 5-10min before a ME left.
I always allot 2 hours and last October it actually took that long. We were the first ones on the bus and the last ones off. So 90 minutes sounds great compared to that! LOL!

I always allot 2 hours and last October it actually took that long. We were the first ones on the bus and the last ones off. So 90 minutes sounds great compared to that! LOL!
I always allot 2 hours and last October it actually took that long. We were the first ones on the bus and the last ones off. So 90 minutes sounds great compared to that!
Same thing happened to us last August. It has never taken that long, just thought it was a fluke. Hope it's not the new norm!!

Wow, is it coming in at off-times of the day?

Do they always go to BC last? I am guessing that is why. They should almost ask the first one on and they get first stop!! :moped: I know, I know - it won't happen.

Of the times I've use DME, one time (when they first started do this) the line was about 45 minutes long to get on the bus...then about 45 minutes to the resort, and depending on where you are staying, there may be multiple stops. Other times, we almost just walked through the queues and on to the bus...last December, I think it was only about a 5-10 minute wait for us to get on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter