2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elandon

Mouseketeer
I discovered a recent post on YouTube which has video of the new Beach Club rooms:

Thanks for the video! I can't wait to go back. Beach Club is the only disney resort I've experienced where I am super excited to go for the resort itself, not just the parks.

Disney before Sally

DIS Veteran
They are still closing Toy Story early for Frozen fireworks? my touring plan has me getting a fast pass for Toy Story at 9:30PM. Last year - Disney just changed my fast pass to Toy Story when they discovered they had been letting people reserve during the conflicting times of these fireworks.

Cluelyss

DIS Veteran
They are still closing Toy Story early for Frozen fireworks? my touring plan has me getting a fast pass for Toy Story at 9:30PM. Last year - Disney just changed my fast pass to Toy Story when they discovered they had been letting people reserve during the conflicting times of these fireworks.
For SWW, the last available FP time is 730-830 (because of the fireworks) so assume it would be the same for FSF.

• KIDS FREE DINING Offer This Summer at Walt Disney World Resort!
    Book through February 26, 2020 for arrivals most nights May 25 through August 28, 2020.
    Click Here for Details

• Hopefully

DIS Veteran
    We are checking into a 1 BR BCV on October 17, 2015. Today we received a letter via snail mail from Mimi Flynn. It is the first I have seen reported for the Villas. It is similar in content to that reported for the BC, describing the fact that the villas will be undergoing a refurb during our vacation. It says there will be minimal impact on our vacation and one difference I see is that it states that the work will be between 9 Am and 4 PM. I thought the BC letter said 10 AM. It goes on to say if I need assistance with my reservation to contact my original booking agent.
    So the BCV refurb is a definite for this fall

JSagitas

Earning My Ears
    We are checking into a 1 BR BCV on October 17, 2015. Today we received a letter via snail mail from Mimi Flynn. It is the first I have seen reported for the Villas. It is similar in content to that reported for the BC, describing the fact that the villas will be undergoing a refurb during our vacation. It says there will be minimal impact on our vacation and one difference I see is that it states that the work will be between 9 Am and 4 PM. I thought the BC letter said 10 AM. It goes on to say if I need assistance with my reservation to contact my original booking agent.

JSagitas

Earning My Ears
    I just received this letter today and we are arriving 7/28 @ BC. The times in the letter are 9:00-4:00.

kimmy85

Is it time to go to Disney yet?
    Ditto on receiving the renovations letter from Mim Flynn today - our ressie is for BCV in mid-November. Not worried about it in the least!!

• AliciaS

Mouseketeer
    Do you really have to rent inner tubes for the lazy river? Are we allowed to bring our own inner tubes? If so, are there rules about transparency and size?

25 days to go!

LindyWebb

Mouseketeer
    Another great day at BC, but the best part.....I finally met TEENA!!! Just like here on the boards she was very kind and easy to chat with. My daughter Lily did a pin trade with her. Lily has been waiting to do that! Every one on staff here is incredibly friendly and TEena fits right in.
    Tomorrow we have a big day planned in the MK!

• Ninja Mom

Attention People of Earth, I come in Peace...
    A while back people were wondering about why there was no availability for Beach Club rooms during what later turned out to be the Beach Club's room renovation period. Then later people were wondering what was going on in the fall that there were no rooms available at the Beach Club Villas. Now we know that there were taking rooms out of inventory so that they could be renovated. Can you imagine the logistical challenge of calculating just how many rooms to leave empty and for how long you need to leave them empty! Ai Carumba!!!

~NM

Katesdad

DIS Veteran
    Can you imagine the logistical challenge of calculating just how many rooms to leave empty and for how long you need to leave them empty! Ai Carumba!!!~NM
    This is something they deal with for all resorts and you really have to respect the knowledge they have gained over the years in doing this. My only hope is that they make that one little mistake so that when I check in this December 11 into a two bedroom BCV they don't have the inventory available and have to put me up for the week in the BC Presidential suite with full CL rights. One can only hope........
    Katesdad

Katesdad

DIS Veteran
    Another great day at BC, but the best part.....I finally met TEENA!!! Just like here on the boards she was very kind and easy to chat with. My daughter Lily did a pin trade with her. Lily has been waiting to do that! Every one on staff here is incredibly friendly and TEena fits right in.
    Tomorrow we have a big day planned in the MK!
    Something tells me Teena took especially good care of your Lilly! Hope the rest of your trip goes as well as Monday did. Have a MAGICAL day!

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    Do you really have to rent inner tubes for the lazy river? Are we allowed to bring our own inner tubes? If so, are there rules about transparency and size?

25 days to go!
    Not any longer, they're complimentary.
    :thumbsup2

That is absolutely correct- the tubes no longer have a rental fee.

For the record, tubes from home- clear or otherwise- are NOT permitted in SAB. Pool noodles are ok.

:fish:

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    I just received this letter today and we are arriving 7/28 @ BC. The times in the letter are 9:00-4:00.
    Ditto on receiving the renovations letter from Mim Flynn today - our ressie is for BCV in mid-November. Not worried about it in the least!!

Thank you all for posting about this! I'll update the posting on the first page- as people are receiving letters, particularly with stay before the end of July, please let us know.

:goodvibes

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    I am having some occasional issues with formatting and links with this new DIS server. I am finding the font that comes up automatically is too small, but the next size up (4) is just slightly too big. Font size 3 used to be perfect.

Anyway, just found a whole bunch of gobbled-gook in the first post after I tried to adjust the size.

If you find some links that don't work, or some garbage in the front page posts, please let me know.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

DISNEY WORLD RESORT GUIDES

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MAPS

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MENUS

DISNEY WORLD TICKETS

THEME PARK HOURS
    DISNEY WORLD VIDEOS