2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can add me to the BOG list for 3/21-25. I have been lying to my family, I told them we are staying at All-Star Music, so when I drive up to the Beach Club they will be surprised. I'm not sure how much my mom and kids know about Beach Club, so they might not realize at first of how much an upgrade it is.:flower:I am trying my best to keep my secret for 3 more weeks.

Hi everyone!! Just popping in to say hi!!! Unfortunately, my hubby couldn't get the time off in May :( So we rebooked for November. Our dates weren't available at YC, and BC was almost booked up..I can only imagine it's because of F&W :(...SO we are now staying at GF. However, our girls were excited, but sad (they remember you Teena!) about not going to BC...so hubby and I decided to surprise them. We booked BC CLUB LEVEL (CAN YOU FEEL MY EXCITEMENT?!?!?!) for the two nights after our trip "ends". They think we are heading home, but instead we go to BC! We will joing you (albeit briefly) from November 19-21 :) It's strictly resort, just to hang out at SAB, the boardwalk, roast smores, watch a movie, etc..and we couldn't be happier! Then we are back in Feb or May the following year (fingers crossed!!!)

Oh wow! What awesome surprises!!! My boys don't even know that a Disney trip is in the cards. We'll be in Florida visiting my snowbird parents and on our 'last' day, we'll just drive to the resort instead of the airport. Fingers crossed that I can keep it up!

Even though our trip is 6 months away I am already getting very excited for our Beach Club stay in August. I am Starting to put together a "bucket" list for the trip. Since this will be our 4th trip to WDW We have seen and done a lot! We have never stayed in the Beach Club area. I am looking for any suggestions you all might have especially must do's at the Beach Club and Boardwalk area. First on my list is a selfie with Teena!

Last edited:
Hi everyone!! Just popping in to say hi!!! Unfortunately, my hubby couldn't get the time off in May :( So we rebooked for November. Our dates weren't available at YC, and BC was almost booked up..I can only imagine it's because of F&W :(...SO we are now staying at GF. However, our girls were excited, but sad (they remember you Teena!) about not going to BC...so hubby and I decided to surprise them. We booked BC CLUB LEVEL (CAN YOU FEEL MY EXCITEMENT?!?!?!) for the two nights after our trip "ends". They think we are heading home, but instead we go to BC! We will joing you (albeit briefly) from November 19-21 :) It's strictly resort, just to hang out at SAB, the boardwalk, roast smores, watch a movie, etc..and we couldn't be happier! Then we are back in Feb or May the following year (fingers crossed!!!)

What a super ending to your vacation. The Grand Floridian is lovely. My little Lily calls it the White Castle and loves being there. I'm sorry I'm going to miss you ... I only work Sundays and Mondays.

In addition to NinjaMom's outstanding post on the benefits of club level...here is another: A dedicated phone number where a live person answers your phone call right away (no automated menu to navigate through) and assists you with reservations, planning and room requests. We are reserved BC CL from June 6 -18 and I just got off the phone with the CL itinerary planning folks and made my room requests (day bed, larger balcony)...super fast friendly phone call...all completed in less than two minutes!

Even though our trip is 6 months away I am already getting very excited for our Beach Club stay in August. I am Starting to put together a "bucket" list for the trip. Since this will be our 4th trip to WDW We have seen and done a lot! We have never stayed in the Beach Club area. I am looking for any suggestions you all might have especially must do's at the Beach Club and Boardwalk area. First on my list is a selfie with Teena!

One of our must dos is eating s'mores and watching a Disney movie on the big screen outdoors. I'd love the movie to be The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad, but I'll settle for the Emperor's New Groove or a live action flick like Summer Magic or anything with Hayley Mills...ooh, Parent Trap or In Search of the Castaways would be great!

How about a selfie with Teena while eating s'mores on the beach during the Moon Spinners starring Hayley Mills?

It is a beautiful day! :daisy: After several hits and misses, I'm so excited to finally be booked at the YC 9/25-10/2/2015 for my 40th birthday celebration! I have 3 rooms full of family and friends. This will be my first stay at the YC and my first deluxe stay! I CAN'T WAIT!!! :earsgirl:

Now I have 20 days to decide where to go for my birthday dinner!

Disney website has this comment when booking Yacht Club

The annual refurbishment of the Stormalong Bay pool area is currently scheduled to take place through spring 2015. During this time, portions of the pool will be closed for enhancement; however, the remaining portions of the pool will continue to be available for your enjoyment. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

I think wandering the Boardwalk and enjoying the magicians and other street performers is the most fun!

I was looking on the first page of this thread to see if/when there will be a refurb at Yacht Club but didn't see anything not to say its not there I may have just missed it. :oops:
Is there one in the works after Beach Club? We are going May 2016 and I'm hoping its not a problem. How do they do the refurbs, floor at a time? I am clueless how that all gets done o_O

Thank You

I was looking on the first page of this thread to see if/when there will be a refurb at Yacht Club but didn't see anything not to say its not there I may have just missed it. :oops:
Is there one in the works after Beach Club? We are going May 2016 and I'm hoping its not a problem. How do they do the refurbs, floor at a time? I am clueless how that all gets done o_O

Thank You
The YC renovation will begin once the BC is complete. It's there on Page 1, but you have to scroll down and hunt around for it. The BC is supposed to be complete by late summer. I'd say you stand a good chance of YC being complete, or close to it by your travel dates.

My understanding is that they take a block of rooms out of circulation while they work on them. Work is done while most people are at the parks, 9-4 or something like that. Many people report that they didn't even realize rooms were being worked on at BC. Others have heard some noise and ah e asked to be moved. They were accommodated.

There is more information on page 1. If you have questions, just ask. This is a very helpful group!

I was looking on the first page of this thread to see if/when there will be a refurb at Yacht Club but didn't see anything not to say its not there I may have just missed it. Is there one in the works after Beach Club? We are going May 2016 and I'm hoping its not a problem. How do they do the refurbs, floor at a time? I am clueless how that all gets done Thank You
Based on all the information I've read here in this thread, the renovation schedule has the BC works being completed in August, the BCV work starting while the BC work is being completed, and after BC is completed the contractors move over to the YC. So it will start over at the YC some time in September of this year. If they repeat the way they are doing it at the BC, the YC CL floor (5th floor) will be worked on first. Then they move down by floor in sections. Work should be performed during the day hours (9-5) so as to minimize inconvenience to the guests but if you are in an area where work is being done and it is a problem, you can go speak to a hotel manager and request that you be moved to a different area of the hotel away from the construction. By May 2016 I would think the 4th and possibly even the 3rd floors will be completely finished so that when you check in you could be lucky and get one of the newly renovated rooms. Hope this helps. Happy planning (sorry MaryandTyson, I was typing the same time you were).

:thanks:
The YC renovation will begin once the BC is complete. It's there on Page 1, but you have to scroll down and hunt around for it. The BC is supposed to be complete by late summer. I'd say you stand a good chance of YC being complete, or close to it by your travel dates.

My understanding is that they take a block of rooms out of circulation while they work on them. Work is done while most people are at the parks, 9-4 or something like that. Many people report that they didn't even realize rooms were being worked on at BC. Others have heard some noise and ah e asked to be moved. They were accommodated.

There is more information on page 1. If you have questions, just ask. This is a very helpful group!

Thanks so much for the info!

Hi! We are staying at the BC for the first time March 8-13! So excited. We have always stayed in the moderates but it is our 15 year wedding anniversary and we decided to treat ourselves (and the kids)! How far in advance do they start doing room assignments? I need to call orbitz and add my requests on.

Hi! We are staying at the BC for the first time March 8-13! So excited. We have always stayed in the moderates but it is our 15 year wedding anniversary and we decided to treat ourselves (and the kids)! How far in advance do they start doing room assignments? I need to call orbitz and add my requests on.
You can add a request on at any time, but your room is not assigned until about 3 days before you check in.

Based on all the information I've read here in this thread, the renovation schedule has the BC works being completed in August, the BCV work starting while the BC work is being completed, and after BC is completed the contractors move over to the YC. So it will start over at the YC some time in September of this year. If they repeat the way they are doing it at the BC, the YC CL floor (5th floor) will be worked on first. Then they move down by floor in sections. Work should be performed during the day hours (9-5) so as to minimize inconvenience to the guests but if you are in an area where work is being done and it is a problem, you can go speak to a hotel manager and request that you be moved to a different area of the hotel away from the construction. By May 2016 I would think the 4th and possibly even the 3rd floors will be completely finished so that when you check in you could be lucky and get one of the newly renovated rooms. Hope this helps. Happy planning (sorry MaryandTyson, I was typing the same time you were).

Thank You I thought in my above post I quoted you too, I didn't so thanks for the info :disrocks:

Thank you very kindly for all forecasts of renovations. I wouldn't want our first stay at Yacht Club to be tarnished by a closed pool or whatnot. Of course, we have expectations that are magical. :genie: Sounds like they may be working on club level during our stay if renovations stay on schedule, but CL is not a workable option for us mainly because we spend very little time at the resort and catching the worthwhile CL hours would take away from park time. As it is, finding time for pool operating hours will be difficult. Frankly, letting someone make my reservations or help of this kind makes me anxious too. I enjoyed reading about all the CL benefits in recent posts, but apart from getting breakfast, it is not for me.

Please add our party of 4 to Be our Guest List, at YC for 8/17-8/23.

Oatmeal is on DD14's list for daily breakfast. What resort QS options are available? We are not doing the dining plan, mostly because we generally break even or lose due to not using all the credits, enjoy snacking, and rarely can finish all the food on the plate for table service. I'm looking for a la cart and not buffet. If we can get a slice of NYstyle cheesecake or chocolate croissant for DD15 at the same place for breakfast, that would be a bonus. Also, fueling up before travel to rope drop is key, so we are looking for YC or BC options.

Last edited:
page 173-174

Dee, I don't know if this is the current menu:
(Sorry it's so BIG! I didn't know how to reduce in size (I guess like the calorie counts of the selections:) )

I am having trouble with the size of pictures when I post now, too!!!

This was the previous menu. The reason I couldn't find MickeyT's post here on the thread was that he posted it on Facebook. He was disappointed that they have removed the sundae and milkshakes from the takeout menu. :(

Beaches and Cream Take Out.jpg

We arrive May 7th for a quick weekend trip!!! DW and DD's were not happy that we had to move our annual "long" trip from May to August for school reasons, they all LOVE Flower & Garden. SOOOO, I surprised them with this trip! Yeah me!!

Check in to Yacht Club May 7th, Check out May 10th!

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:cool1:

First time posting here! We are arriving at the BC tomorrow and staying though 07 March. I've been lurking here for a few weeks in preparation for our trip, just wanted to say thanks for all the amazing info!

:welcome:

Hope you have a fantastic trip!

:woohoo:

You can add me to the BOG list for 3/21-25. I have been lying to my family, I told them we are staying at All-Star Music, so when I drive up to the Beach Club they will be surprised. I'm not sure how much my mom and kids know about Beach Club, so they might not realize at first of how much an upgrade it is.:flower:I am trying my best to keep my secret for 3 more weeks.

Will do!!!

:ssst:

Hope you can add us to the BOG list. We'll be staying at the Yacht Club Aug 18-26th!

Glad to add you to the list!

:cheer2:

Great plan!

:thumbsup2

Hi, everyone,

New to this thread. We are going November 5-9 and staying at BC in a garden view room. Just my husband and me as we are running the Wine and Dine half-marathon. We've never stayed on-site other than at Shades of Green and then off-site, so I'm looking forward to experiencing a Disney resort. We have run 3 of the Disney marathons and I always love the portion of the run on the boardwalk area, so I'm really excited at the prospect of staying there and walking distance to two of the parks will be great!

Thank you for this thread. The first page with all the detailed information is fantastic and just what my OCD planning tendencies love. :)

I'll add you to the BOG list.

You are in the right place for satisfying your OCD!!! I like to say that I put the "Dee" in OCD!

:rotfl2:

Can you please take us off the Be Our Guest list? This is to be a celebration for you younger daughter's graduation and she wants the Polynesian, so Poly it is :)

:(

Will do- totally understandable that you need to go where your daughter wants to go for her graduation celebration.

Wishing your family a spectacular trip!

:cool2:

It is a beautiful day! :daisy: After several hits and misses, I'm so excited to finally be booked at the YC 9/25-10/2/2015 for my 40th birthday celebration! I have 3 rooms full of family and friends. This will be my first stay at the YC and my first deluxe stay! I CAN'T WAIT!!! :earsgirl:

Now I have 20 days to decide where to go for my birthday dinner!

I'll add you to the list.

What a fantastic way to celebrate a milestone birthday.

party:

Disney website has this comment when booking Yacht Club

The annual refurbishment of the Stormalong Bay pool area is currently scheduled to take place through spring 2015. During this time, portions of the pool will be closed for enhancement; however, the remaining portions of the pool will continue to be available for your enjoyment. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

As far as we know, the work on SAB is on schedule to be completed by early March. I think the booking site and the letters that have gone out to March and April guests are due to cautiousness in case something didn't go as planned. I am hoping we will hear sometime this week that everything at the pool is open for business!

:fish:

:woohoo:

As another poster said, you can (and should) add your request any time, but the rooms are not actually assigned until the days before your trip. And can even change on the day you are checking in based on a number of factors.

::yes::

Thank you very kindly for all forecasts of renovations. I wouldn't want our first stay at Yacht Club to be tarnished by a closed pool or whatnot. Of course, we have expectations that are magical. :genie: Sounds like they may be working on club level during our stay if renovations stay on schedule, but CL is not a workable option for us mainly because we spend very little time at the resort and catching the worthwhile CL hours would take away from park time. As it is, finding time for pool operating hours will be difficult. Frankly, letting someone make my reservations or help of this kind makes me anxious too. I enjoyed reading about all the CL benefits in recent posts, but apart from getting breakfast, it is not for me.

Please add our party of 4 to Be our Guest List, at YC for 8/17-8/23.

Oatmeal is on DD14's list for daily breakfast. What resort QS options are available? We are not doing the dining plan, mostly because we generally break even or lose due to not using all the credits, enjoy snacking, and rarely can finish all the food on the plate for table service. I'm looking for a la cart and not buffet. If we can get a slice of NYstyle cheesecake or chocolate croissant for DD15 at the same place for breakfast, that would be a bonus. Also, fueling up before travel to rope drop is key, so we are looking for YC or BC options.

Glad to add you to the list!

:cool1:

I believe the Ale & Compass at the Yacht Club, the quick service breakfast location, has both oatmeal and pastries. In the picture I posted a day or so ago, there were chocolate croissants in the breakfast case.

I think the Marketplace at the Beach Club QS location also has oatmeal and chocolate croissants, but I can't remember for sure.

More Ale & Compass Pictures, August 2014
Open for Coffee and Continental Breakfast in the morning

Reusable Mug refill location until either 11 am or noon.
There is no refill station, the CM working behind the counter can fill your mug with the available beverages.

Thanks for this picture, Wood Nymph!

:thumbsup2

Attachments

• Beaches and Cream Take Out.jpg
    Beaches and Cream Take Out.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
It's 60 days till I'm at BCV. Still can't decide where or if I should make a room request. I did think for a few minutes that a top floor would be nice since there is stairs, I realized I'd probably have to lug my luggage down the stairs several flights when my stay is over, I will keep to the ground floor (not setting foot in an elevator if I can help it) I did sit up and make my fastpass selections though. Are there disadvantages to making online room requests (aside from them not being guaranteed and I might not get what I'd like)

I'm currently in the process of pricing our October vacation - it will be our 40th anniversary trip (a year after the fact!) so I'd really like to stay at our favorite resort - the Beach Club. We've stayed at BC a few times in the past, and LOVE LOVE LOVE this resort!

In researching the different rooms, I notice that the Deluxe Studio villa is actually a bit less than a Garden View room...

Since I've never stayed in the Villas, could someone give me thoughts on pros and cons of the GV vs. Deluxe Studio?

Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!