• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah! I forgot about that...now we can choose which room we want to eat in...yay! Well, depending on where we can find an empty table. We are close to just 100 days away!
To me, choosing the room is the biggest benefit of lunch versus dinner (I admit, I will miss having that glass of wine at my meal). Well, it's also cheaper, but not by a huge margin. The two times we ate there for dinner, we sat in the main ballroom and the rose gallery. For lunch, we got to pick the West Wing, which was where I wanted to be the first two times. It was a bit more crowded, though, and harder to find a table.

Thanks for the answers to my questions!!

Final one(I think)

If I book a room only with AP/FL ressie discount. I pay the first night there correct? I have read different things for this question though.

Can I only pay it off when I check in? Or can I make payments?

The main reason I ask is because since I'm new to my bank, it has a daily limit of $500 each day to be charged or withdrawn. Annoying yes. So I will need to make payments on the room

Thanks for the answers to my questions!!

Final one(I think)

If I book a room only with AP/FL ressie discount. I pay the first night there correct? I have read different things for this question though.

The main reason I ask is because since I'm new to my bank, it has a daily limit of $500 each day to be charged or withdrawn. Annoying yes. So I will need to make payments on the room

You pay one nights deposit at the time of booking. You can then make payments whenever you would like or you can pay the balance in full when you check in.

We are staying the BC March 5 to 8. We have 2 adults and 3 children (11,11 and 9) and wanted to know two things:

1) Is CL worth the extra $100 per night?
2) Will the renovations to the Lazy River be done? I was told they are to be completed by March 3, however, wasn't sure if anyone has first hand knowledge.

Thank you for your help!

Eric

Final one(I think)

FYI Last week I had a room only reservation, 7 nights. Paid a deposit of 1 night when I booked a few months prior. At 6:30pm the day I was to check in (my flight was delayed; I didn't arrive until 9pm or so) they charged my credit card for the entire balance due, all at once.

Last edited:
We are staying the BC March 5 to 8. We have 2 adults and 3 children (11,11 and 9) and wanted to know two things:

2) Will the renovations to the Lazy River be done? I was told they are to be completed by March 3, however, wasn't sure if anyone has first hand knowledge.

Thank you for your help!

Eric

Yes!!! You have 5 people in your room so really it is only an extra $20 per person per day to stay CL. Being able to eat breakfast in the lounge, have snacks, appetizers, wine & beer, desserts, and cordials alone is worth that.
Also you are on a secure floor and have another place besides your room to hang out in. I say go for it!!!

That's what I was told after we made our booking too, I'll be there on March 3 and I'll try to pop in this thread and post an update on the lazy river if nobody has beat me to it yet but no promises as I'm flying in from CA on a red eye!

Thank you for your help!

Eric

Not sure about the lazy river question but I can vouch for 5 people in club level being a fantastic deal. ESPECIALLY with kids you will find that grabbing something for them for breakfast greatly simplifies your life. I also like the way they have Peanut butter and Jelly, one on top of the other, in individual cups (at night) and juices and milk available for the kiddos. Mom and Dad like the beer and wine and some of the fancy appetizers that they put out. Of course they put out a variety of pastries for breakfast along with hard boiled eggs, cereal and I don't know what else. There is not much for lunch besides yogurt covered pretzels, swedish fish (the red candy type) and maybe chips and dip but the beverages are out (not sure about what alcohol is out)

For dinner (5 pm-ish) they have a small variety of appetizers that change each night and I think this is when the wine appears as well as the cordials. Beer is also available but I would have to ask Ninja Dad what was up with the beer scene. I'm not sure he would remember what types and they may change over time...

Then around 8pm they put out a small variety of desserts and cookies. These are only out for about an hour or two but it's just the thing to snack on when you return from the parks, if you get back early enough.

PRO TIP: if you are staying Club Level and you need the Peanut Butter separated from the Jelly (or vice versa ;)) OR if you need something that is not out... BE SURE TO ASK FOR HELP TO SEE IF THE CLUB LEVEL STAFF CAN ACCOMMODATE YOUR NEEDS. The staff really wants to help out the folks staying at Club Level so be sure to talk to them and let them know what you need, no matter what it is. IF they are able to assist you they will be happy to help! Keep in mind though that not everything is in their power but if it can be done they will do it.

Just having access to club level is like having a kitchen in your room, only Mom and Dad are not constantly cleaning up or doing the majority of the food preparation. This is really great for people who have kids since it always seems like "this one is hungry and that one isn't"... until they are when you are not prepared to feed them. Also keep in mind that you can bring back stuff to your room so that one parent can do the running to Club Level while the other parent is in the room trying to herd the kids into getting ready to hit the parks.

So that is Ninja Mom's recommendation for Club Level stays. I think for families with kids staying at Club Level is a real sanity saver.

~NM

page 169-170

Not sure if I have welcomed you here yet, so

:welcome:

Do you have an upcoming stay at the resort or just a visit to Yachtsman/Captain's Grille?

I had a wonderful breakfast there in August and had a great dinner (with Teena) and lunch in July 2013.

:)

Thanks for the welcome, I have posted long ago but usually just read to stay up-to-date before our trips. We tried Beach Club for the first time last May because our family grew too big for WL and fell in love. So much that instead of sticking with our every-other-year WDW plan we're going again this year! We're staying BC - garden view April 22-28.
Thanks for the welcome and the Captain's Grille info. I'm just like this member- read a lot, don't post so much;) You did welcome me last year when we stayed at BC for the first time. Thanks to all the wonderful info on here we had an amazing trip. One of the pieces of advice we took was breakfast at Captains Grille. We really enjoyed it and figured it would be a nice meal for DM and 2 DDs while my husband and I are at Yachtsman. The podcast really scared my DM and me:scared1: Thanks for the response. I know I can always get great friendly advice here! We are staying at YC this Aug 15-23 GV so if you could add us to the BOG list that would be great! So excited to be going back:woohoo:

Hey everyone. New here. I am planning a special trip for end of October/beginning November this year. My husband passed away last month after a year battle with cancer and my 12 year old and I need to do something fun. He will turn 13 in October so figured we would go celebrate it and Halloween at Disney. Also taking my Mom and his best friend. My son has only been to Hollywood Studios, my Mom has never been at all and none of us have ever stayed at a Disney Resort. After much thinking and time on internet I am ready to book Beach Club for our stay. However wondering if paying more for the water view is worth it? Are they rooms better located? TIA.

Ninja Mom here again, reporting in on my family trip to Caribbean Beach resort. We are in a renovated room in the Jamaica section. This is the extended family trip and as the shepherd leading the flock I am happy to say that there have been no "Momma-cides" but there have been a couple of close calls. The weather is alternating between warm and humid (70-80) to cool and breezy 65-70.

Now Ninja Mom is going to talk to you about the weather reports for this area in Florida so pull up a chair and get comfy!

For those of you with trips that are coming up I want you to get off of the ledge and BACK in the BUILDING! I know that you have been watching the weather reports and gnashing your teeth over those forecasts of rain.

I am here to explain exactly what they really mean.

When it says that it is going to rain in Florida the first thing you need to realize is that they are talking about the ENTIRE middle third of the state. That area is really too big for a dependable rain forecast in WDW but the TV market beckons and weather drama draws viewers.

The second thing that you need to know is that the west coast of Florida and the east cost of Florida each have their own weather influences happening, so depending on which way the wind is blowing, the coast involved can also affect the weather... HOWEVER Orlando is in the middle so a lot of the time these rain fronts lose energy by the time they get to the middle of the state. Also of note is that for the most part the weather fronts flow from the Gulf coast to the Atlantic coast.

The third thing to understand is that in the cooler months there is a line of warm air coming from the south that collides with the cooler air coming from the north. Where these two lines meet is where there will be a band of precipitation (sometimes).

So for the most part there are only 2 types of rain that you have to worry about. The temporary shower that moves through (the majority of rain in the Orlando/WDW area is this type)
and the "Come to Jesus" boy is it pouring outside type. Hurricane season sees this type of rain.

Just like the saying "It's 5 O'Clock somewhere" exists, one could say that it is raining somewhere in Florida. So like Tony Soprano says "fuhgeddaboudit", bring a rain ponch and go out and enjoy your vacation. Also bring a second set of shoes in case the first get wet and you will be good to go!

~NM

Yeah, yeah, yeah... it's me AGAIN!

I am letting everyone know that the Beach Club room 1501 "secret entrance" (not really a secret, it's just the closest hotel "side door" to the International gate of Epcot) is still open and available for use despite the ongoing room renovations. Since we don't know what the room renovation schedule or areas to be renovated NEXT is we won't know in advance when this door will be temporarily out of commission.

So there is yet another useful post from yours truly. I promise I will stop being so helpful and resort back to my useless drivel in no time.

~NM

Pray for us everyone!

We just booked our next Disney adventure, August 16-22 at VWL. However, I REALLY would love to come back to my home BCV fo that week, so there is waitlist with my name on it. Anyone that's going that week and has a 2 BR, help a brother out, will ya?! lol

Hey everyone. New here. I am planning a special trip for end of October/beginning November this year. My husband passed away last month after a year battle with cancer and my 12 year old and I need to do something fun. He will turn 13 in October so figured we would go celebrate it and Halloween at Disney. Also taking my Mom and his best friend. My son has only been to Hollywood Studios, my Mom has never been at all and none of us have ever stayed at a Disney Resort. After much thinking and time on internet I am ready to book Beach Club for our stay. However wondering if paying more for the water view is worth it? Are they rooms better located? TIA.
So sorry about your husband. Disney World is a wonderful healing place. My daughter is also 12 and she loves BC. You made a great choice! We had a water view last year that was perfect- balcony looked right out onto the lake with the Boardwalk on the other side. However, I believe it could include the pool and maybe even the quiet pool:confused3 We were very close to the lobby which was wonderful. You could have a water view that's on the far end closest to Epcot which is nice to walk in to the park, but a little bit of a walk to get to coffee and drink refills in the morning;) We are staying at Yacht Club this summer and decided not to spend the extra money on a water view( it was what was available when we booked last year) and go for the garden view. This way we will have a view of something nice (not a roof or dumpster) but save a little. Whichever room you choose it will be amazing. BC is such an awesome resort! This is the right place to ask any questions. There are a lot of helpful people here who are much more knowledgeable than I ::yes::Have an amazing and well deserved trip:drinking:

page 167-168
ETA- these are the options I have online checkin for each of the 3 resorts. Some of these may be outdated- I think a couple of months ago, a few people posted with recent options, but I'm not sure I ever revised the FAQ on the front page.

Beach Club 60 Day Check In:

Room Request Options- Choose 2 of the three listed:

Large balcony
Lower floor
Near transportation

If you have recently used the online checkin for the BC/YC or BCV, can you post the options you were given so that I can have accurate info on the front page?

Thanks!
:cool2:

I have a Beach Club Standard View room booked for next week and these are the online checkin options.
Large Balcony
Upper Floor
Lower Floor
Ground Floor
Near Elevator

I have a Beach Club Standard View room booked for next week and these are the online checkin options.
Large Balcony
Upper Floor
Lower Floor
Ground Floor
Near Elevator

I just checked my options for YC Granden view
Upper Floor
Lower Floor
Ground Floor
Near elevator

Thank you both!!!

What is the wording for how many options are they allowing you to request? Is it 3 for BC and 2 for YC?

Thanks, again!!!

page 172

finally, KCW seems to be internal code for price/discount purchased via agent. Per Disney wholesale office. Had to call orbitz, disney chat, disney reservations, and hotel direct too, all no help. Hope it is no biggie just a code as Manny said.

Thanks!!!

:)

Hi all! Does anyone have an update on where they are with room renos at BC? I'm considering either WL or BC for our stay starting April 28. Just wanted to find out the likelihood of getting a renovated room. The room esthetic is a huge deal to us. Thanks in advance!

:welcome: to this thread.

Please let us know if you decide to book a stay at the Beach Club.

:cool1:

I believe the construction crew is finishing up on the 4th floor and has started work on some of the rooms on the 3rd floor.

We try to keep the first post in this thread updated with renovation news, so we appreciate updates from anyone who is staying at the resort during the next few months and has information they can share about the progress.

:goodvibes:

The room view we currently have booked is Garden View. I'm not terribly concerned about the balcony size but I'd like to have a balcony big enough to sit and enjoy coffee in the morning. Is this something you will get with Garden View? Also, is an upgrade to Water View worth the additional cost? Any input and opinions would be greatly appreciated. TYIA

The smaller Juliet balconies (standing only, no chairs) are scattered throughout the resort in all view categories.

Make sure you add a request for a full balcony to your reservation.

The opinion about whether a waterview is worth it is a very subjective thing. Will you be spending a lot of time at the resort, in your room? Or will you be at the parks/pool most of the day? Do you like to sit and relax in the morning with a cup of coffee or with a glass of wine in the evening? Depending on the time of year of your trip is it going to be too warm (or too cold) to sit out comfortably on the balcony for extended periods of time to enjoy the view?

Personally, view isn't important to me (but the balcony is), so I usually book either standard or garden view during my stays.

:thumbsup2

We had a wonderful time. It's going to be hard not to stay on CL after this.

Thanks for the followup!

"The first one's for free!"

;)

Hey everyone! It is official...we will be back at the Beach Club, June 21st-June 26th!:cool1:We are so excited!! Only 115 more days!!! :banana:

:welcome: back!!!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:woohoo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter