2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ninja Mom update! (off topic)

I'm getting ready to head to WDW next week with the family for a stay at Caribbean Beach resort. We have Hoop Dee Doo on tap and I've bought the family black cowboy hats with silver sheriff's stars that light up to wear to the show. We will all be wearing black shirts with red bandannas. I can't wait for that night!! We have never been to Hoop Dee Doo but I know we are in for a treat. My Dad loves corny jokes so I think he will be in heaven.

We are also going fishing. This is something that Disney really excels at so I recommend you try it if you are so inclined. The fishing charters take place at many of the resorts so it's easy to get to. The guide will help you do things like bait the hook or get the fish off if you can't manage that yourself. There is a limit of 5 people in the boat and Disney supplies all the rods and bait. It's catch and release. I think it's around $250 for a 2 hour trip. That is money well spent for a ton of fun. We each catch MANY fish during the two hours.

I am also taking my Dad on the Magic behind the Steam Trains tour. No special outfits for that but we are really looking forward to it. Some of the other family members have booked the Backstage Magic tour. My Niece also has an appointment at Bippity Boppity Boutique so I'm counting on some Glitter filled hugs from her. Somewhere along the line we are fitting in a dinner at the Biergarten and a breakfast at the Crystal Palace. It will be one busy week and I'm really excited to get away from the cold for awhile.

So that's the update from me. For those of you stuck at work or buried up to your neck in snow know that I will be thinking of you as I run foot loose and fancy free through WDW. You will find yourself back at the Kingdom before you know it. Until then I hope to get in an update for you during the trip.

:hug:

~NM

NM sounds like a great trip coming up. It looks like our May trips overlap. My countdown is 82 days.

I'll try not to clog this threads with updates for the next few days but we had a great afternoon and night after our ridiculous delay. Arrived at us at 5. Mummy, ate at leaky cauldron, Simpsons, transformers, rip ride rocket, men in black, escape from gringotts. We surprised kids with club level so breakfast at 7 then islands of adventure at 8. Have a magical day everyone.

Last edited:
Dee, it's great to hear you have made to a place without snow and that you are having a great time.

NM and others - I hope you'll have a great time once your trips are underway.

I'll try not to clog this threads with updates for the next few days but we had a great afternoon and night after our ridiculous delay. Arrived at us at 5. Mummy, ate at leaky cauldron, Simpsons, transformers, rip ride rocket, men in have a great day, escape from gringotts. We surprised kids with club level so breakfast at 7 then islands of adventure at 8. Have a magical day everyone.
Glad you finally made it! :jumping1:

I am also taking my Dad on the Magic behind the Steam Trains tour. No special outfits for that but we are really looking forward to it. Some of the other family members have booked the Backstage Magic tour. My Niece also has an appointment at Bippity Boppity Boutique so I'm counting on some Glitter filled hugs from her. Somewhere along the line we are fitting in a dinner at the Biergarten and a breakfast at the Crystal Palace. It will be one busy week and I'm really excited to get away from the cold for awhile.
You have some great things planned. The steam train tour and fishing sound like a lot of fun. We watched our granddaughter get transformed into a princess at BBB and it was very cute. We will be leaving for WDW late next week, but so far no one seems to want to make any decisions about what to do on Friday morning. We'll be traveling with extended family so we'll probably move like a herd of turtles through the parks.:upsidedow

I'll try not to clog this threads with updates for the next few days but we had a great afternoon and night after our ridiculous delay. Arrived at us at 5. Mummy, ate at leaky cauldron, Simpsons, transformers, rip ride rocket, men in have a great day, escape from gringotts. We surprised kids with club level so breakfast at 7 then islands of adventure at 8. Have a magical day everyone.
I am very glad that your trip didn't get snowed out after all the crazy weather you've been having. Have a great time. :)

I'm getting ready to head to WDW next week with the family for a stay at Caribbean Beach resort. We have Hoop Dee Doo on tap and I've bought the family black cowboy hats with silver sheriff's stars that light up to wear to the show. We will all be wearing black shirts with red bandannas. I can't wait for that night!! We have never been to Hoop Dee Doo but I know we are in for a treat. My Dad loves corny jokes so I think he will be in heaven.

We are also going fishing. This is something that Disney really excels at so I recommend you try it if you are so inclined. The fishing charters take place at many of the resorts so it's easy to get to. The guide will help you do things like bait the hook or get the fish off if you can't manage that yourself. There is a limit of 5 people in the boat and Disney supplies all the rods and bait. It's catch and release. I think it's around $250 for a 2 hour trip. That is money well spent for a ton of fun. We each catch MANY fish during the two hours.

So that's the update from me. For those of you stuck at work or buried up to your neck in snow know that I will be thinking of you as I run foot loose and fancy free through WDW. You will find yourself back at the Kingdom before you know it. Until then I hope to get in an update for you during the trip.

~NM
Can't wait to hear what you thought of HDDR and Biergarten...we have reservations for those as well in April.

Can't wait to hear what you thought of HDDR and Biergarten...we have reservations for those as well in April.

Biergarten is great! But having been there with NinjaMom, I should warn you that you will have to try to read her review objectively. She can get a little carried away... or maybe it's all those pretzel rolls that get carried away.

Last edited:
Can you please change my reservation from March 23-26 to May 24-28, had to book standard room to get the discount now.....

~NM

There's a new sheriff in town! All of your plans sound terrific. I want out of this cold, snow and work! All have been less than enjoyable. So, good for you getting to warmer weather and some fun!

Nice! Hope the boys were seriously surprised and excited about club level!

Rebecca

~NM
I need to see a photo of that!! HDDR outfits, lol! I've always wanted to do the Steam Train tour, looking forward to hearing how you liked it.
Let the pretzel rolls begin!! Shall we all take bets of how many accidentally fall into her bag? :rolleyes1

Hoping you all can help. We booked a standard room through the "magical deal." I read that a lot of the standard rooms have a view of a large roof so is it safe to assume most of the standard views are on the higher floors? Maybe 3rd or 4th? 5th is all club level correct? Thanks!

Biergarten is great! But having been there with NinjaMom, I should warn you that you will have to try to read her review objectively. She can get a little carried away... or maybe it's all those pretzel rolls that get carried away.

The Biergarten is a perennial favorite with our family. When I was last there in August with Janetmom I filled up a giant plastic bag with pretzel bread ; ) We are talking about a 66 liter size bag. Sadly I must report that I have finally finished the last of those pretzel croutons, which keep nicely in the freezer BTW. It is now imperative that I go back and restock.

I find it troublesome to stuff my dirndl with these rolls as they add to my already lumpy appearance. I have therefore come up with a plan to stash an industrial sized amount into a dump truck which I will have backed up to the rear doors of the Biergarten. I feel confident that no one will notice the slight intrusion of a massive sized dump truck driving off loaded to the gills with pretzel rolls. Subtlety is my specialty!

~NM

I have received notification that the direct to room check in starts next week at the Beach Club. It was not mentioned whether this applies to the Yacht Club OR on what day it starts.
This has been an unusually helpful post from Ninja Mom. We now return to our regularly scheduled drivel and meaningless posts.

~NM

Hoping you all can help. We booked a standard room through the "magical deal." I read that a lot of the standard rooms have a view of a large roof so is it safe to assume most of the standard views are on the higher floors? Maybe 3rd or 4th? 5th is all club level correct? Thanks!
I'm thinking that that is correct. The 5th floor is entirely devoted to club level rooms but rooms that have access to club level can be found on other floors.

~NM

I'm thinking that that is correct. The 5th floor is entirely devoted to club level rooms but rooms that have access to club level can be found on other floors.

~NM
I have a garden view booked for Easter week. I did not request daybed because I was hoping they would accommodate us since we are a family of 5. My request was a full balcony. Later I added 4th floor, hoping that maybe I'd get a refurbished room. Reading this post, I probably won't be able to get my requests since they might be canceling each other out??? I just want our first time at a deluxe (and only second time ever at Disney) to be "magical" but I might be worrying a tad too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!