2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once again, I appreciate everyone's good wishes! I'll post from the airport tomorrow morning as I am getting ready to board. Logan opened around 4:30 this afternoon and I'm glad to hear that there are not many cancellation so far for tomorrow morning. :)

Everyone have a fantastic week!!!

:cool2:

I hope you have a great trip Dee!

I'm not answering definitively, but I can't imagine why not! Anyone else want to chime in?

Well...we jumped ship. See below.

Oh, it's going to...and the weather folk are already looking ahead here to both Wednesday AND next Sunday....Sheesh.

A couple of thoughts....
My understanding is that at BC/YC...even having five does not guarantee you a daybed. They will roll in a cot if you don't get a daybed. I'd make it a request on your reservation. If a balcony is a must for you, then if i'm being totally honest, I'd stick with YC, because, like the daybed, there's really no promise. We had a small balcony on our last BC trip, and it was fine, but we go in August, and don't linger out there. If you stick with BC, decide what's more important to you, the daybed or the balcony, and request both, with the most important listed first. Then when you check in, politely ask if your requests have been met. If the answer is no, again, politely ask if there's any possibility that there's a room available that would meet your requests, and say you are willing to wait for it if possible. I can't imagine that the BC staff wouldn't try to get you what you've requested at that point. Good luck with your planning!

Now as for us.
I got the confirmation from our travel agent an hour ago. We will now be starting our trip at the CR! Call me shallow, but view is important, and we're staying in the garden wing at CR with a standard view. I know it won't be the world's greatest view, but I know exactly what it will be, and that makes me feel more comfortable! We've also never stayed at CR, so it's checking another box off the list. I also plan on stealing stuff, because we've decided that the CR is what we want our house to look like. Gonna be rough though getting that Norwegian-high end-looking sink out of there though. NinjaMom, any tips? I feel like you have one of the daybeds from BC at your house...right? Ya know...the one everyone requests...

Thanks for your reply! I guess I assumed the day bed was a given with 5 as we had been given one every time. We were lucky without knowing it. It's funny you switched to CR because our current reservation is the exact same, but we keep thinking we want to back at YC/BC.

Good luck tomorrow Dee! Hope you have a safe flight.

Has anyone who lives locally gotten an ice cream cake from Publix? We are celebrating DS's birthday while at Disney and he does not eat cake-at all. He does like ice cream cake so I'd like to try to get one. Wasn't sure if there was a Cold Stone close by or if Publix makes a good one. Of course as cold as it is right now I'm having a hard time thinking about ice cream! (overnight wind chills of -25 to -40) Isn't it July yet????

DQ does birthday cakes, and there are a number of DQ locations in the area.
https://www.dqcakes.com/#/home

It looks like Publix sells Carvel cakes.

Apparently, ice cream birthday cakes have been requested of Disney, but they will just make cake birthday cakes.

It all depends on how much you want that balcony. If it is really important to you then stay at the YC. There is no guarantee that you will get a full balcony at the BC. :( I tried to get pictures of the standard view rooms in order to check the balcony status. I noticed that the 3rd floor rooms in the section over the large, flat roof had full balconies and the fourth floor rooms had standing balconies, which makes it a 50/50 deal. There are other sections of the resort with standard view rooms which may have different balcony configurations, but I don't know them. The BC is interesting because the balconies are laid out per floor but vary from section to section. So the 4 story section closest to Epcot might have standing balconies on the 3rd floor while another section has full balconies on the 3rd floor. It is really hard to determine what you may get based on the floor or view or location. :scared:

I think that the BC standard view rooms tend to have better views then the YC standard view rooms. It is very convenient to have the Marketplace in the same building as your room, which is probably one of the reasons we prefer the BC.

That is great info and exactly what I was hoping someone would have an idea of. Thanks so much for sharing that.

It all depends on how much you want that balcony. If it is really important to you then stay at the YC. There is no guarantee that you will get a full balcony at the BC. :( I tried to get pictures of the standard view rooms in order to check the balcony status. I noticed that the 3rd floor rooms in the section over the large, flat roof had full balconies and the fourth floor rooms had standing balconies, which makes it a 50/50 deal. There are other sections of the resort with standard view rooms which may have different balcony configurations, but I don't know them. The BC is interesting because the balconies are laid out per floor but vary from section to section. So the 4 story section closest to Epcot might have standing balconies on the 3rd floor while another section has full balconies on the 3rd floor. It is really hard to determine what you may get based on the floor or view or location. :scared:

I think that the BC standard view rooms tend to have better views then the YC standard view rooms. It is very convenient to have the Marketplace in the same building as your room, which is probably one of the reasons we prefer the BC.

That is great info and exactly what I was hoping someone would have an idea of. Thanks so much for sharing that.

Thanks Shoreward! Good to know that the Publix ones are Carvel. Hadn't thought of DQ (aren't any close to us) but it gives me another choice.

Once again, I appreciate everyone's good wishes! I'll post from the airport tomorrow morning as I am getting ready to board. Logan opened around 4:30 this afternoon and I'm glad to hear that there are not many cancellation so far for tomorrow morning. :)

Safe travels Dee! Have a great time and enjoy the warmth!!

~N

I have updated the Be Our Guest list through page 157.

Post 15: Be Our Guest list

Let me know if you have any corrections and I will make the changes when I get back.

Safe travels!! Are you headed to Universal? Horder that I am, I packed up a bag of toilettries from Portofino last August, but when we came home they were gone ugh.

I have updated the Be Our Guest list through page 157.

Post 15: Be Our Guest list

Let me know if you have any corrections and I will make the changes when I get back.

Go Dee! Go! Safe travels and have a wonderful time!

Rebecca

:welcome: to this forum and posting on the DIS!!!

Congratulations on your upcoming stay for your Disneymoon.

I'm pretty sure the suites on the 5th floor have been done. As far as I know, the entire 5th floor has been renovated, but we have not had any pictures or direct reports about the suites.

Would love to see some pictures after your trip, if you have the time!!!

I will add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1. Please let us know if you have any questions about the resort.

:cool1:

Thank you so so much for the warm welcome. still learning and figuring all this out. Much appreciated. Pictures will certainly be taken and we would love to share come May. Can't wait!!!

Thanks Shoreward! Good to know that the Publix ones are Carvel. Hadn't thought of DQ (aren't any close to us) but it gives me another choice.
You're welcome. I also thought of another option, with several locations in the area.

Baskin Robbins has a great selection of birthday ice cream cakes. Depending on how old your son is, there are some Disney-themed cakes included in their available selections. What a lucky son you have, izzylovesmickey.

https://www.baskinrobbins.com/content/baskinrobbins/en/products/cake/cakegallery.html

No way!!!!! I honestly can say I can't stand the BWI. There are a few resorts on property that I just don't like ... all personal likings ... just like some people like vanilla and some chocolate ice cream ... the BWI is way down on the list but CR is even lower. But I sure will be looking forward to seeing you when you come over for the clam chowder!!!!!

Back from the Fantasy and going into work this morning. I can't believe I had to make my bed this morning. Horrible!!! Boy they really spoil you on that ship. Hurry up March 28th ... then I'm back on the Fantasy!!

Looking forward to seeing some Disers today and tomorrow at the BC .... if they are not all stuck in the Northeast.

Totally agree with you on CR & BWI. They are the only 2 deluxe we haven't stayed in, no interest. And that Clown pool is creapy ugh.
Back to reality for you!! Welcome home :-)
It's cold enough today that I'd be booking a view of that clown slide too, just to have something to look forward to. Anyone who is at the BC/YC right now is very smart!

Like Teena says, life is all about chocolate vs. vanilla. I hope to stay at BWI someday to compare. If I had my way I'd move WL over to Crescent Lake and have my definite favourite. If I have to choose, I'd pick the Epcot area over WL, so I think the BWI choice is a good one. We've also stayed at CR and while it was nice, it is more of a business feel which isn't what we look for in our Disney vacation, so I doubt we will stay there again.

Have some fun in the sun today everyone! (And for those of us with sun combined with fricken cold - stay inside and drink lots of hot chocolate!)
Oh Janet, the eastern cold must have froze your brain, lol! Clown slide :-0 yikes!! I feel bad for you guys back east, 2 brutal back to back winters, ugh. I won't tell you it's warm enough here that past 2 days had to take jacket off. BBQing on patio :duck:

Does anyone know if mermaid tails are allowed over at the Boardwalk Inn pool? I'm hoping they come in my size as I would think they are a fantastic swim work out as well as being very fashion forward. Off to search the internet now!

~NM

I have to admit I never heard of these Mermaid tails!!

I don't understand how a cast member is allowed to express such a negative opinion about other Disney properties on a public forum. Hate is a very strong word to use. If I was
WDW management and read this comment by a Disney employee I wouldn't be very pleased.
Really? I don't see anywhere the word hate was used? Except in your mind. Sadly it seems to be full of it.

Mermaid tail update! Many places on the internet have kids size mermaid tails...

choose-your-tail1.jpg

For adult sizes it looks like you will have to order from Etsy. I recommend getting those orders in now so they will be in hand for the summer season. Knowing that you can't use these at a Disney resort pool means that you just get to show them off at home to your neighbors!

~NM
Thanks for enlightening me, very fetching!!!

Last edited:
I love Carvel. We don't have it in Canada, sooooo much better than DQ!! But Carvel is getting so hard to find in Florida.

Thanks for your reply! I guess I assumed the day bed was a given with 5 as we had been given one every time. We were lucky without knowing it. It's funny you switched to CR because our current reservation is the exact same, but we keep thinking we want to back at YC/BC.

Last year we stayed at the BC for a night after our cruise. We are a family of 5, and we got a room without a daybed. Unfortunately, it was also one of the smaller rooms that has the slightly sloping roof just where the balcony is, so while we did have a full balcony, the rollaway they gave us completely blocked all access to it. The daybed made the room incredibly crowded and uncomfortable. We were on the CL, and the resort was sold out, so we could not move to a room with a daybed. I'm sure it's rare that this happens, and it's more likely if you are only staying a night or two like we were. It didn't ruin our time there, because it was such a short stay. I don't think I'd have felt the same way if we were given that room for a week long or more trip. We are staying at the CR for our next trip, with a shorter stay at the YC at the end of it. We still love the BC/YC.

No way!!!!! I honestly can say I can't stand the BWI. There are a few resorts on property that I just don't like ... all personal likings ... just like some people like vanilla and some chocolate ice cream ... the BWI is way down on the list but CR is even lower. But I sure will be looking forward to seeing you when you come over for the clam chowder!!!!!

Back from the Fantasy and going into work this morning. I can't believe I had to make my bed this morning. Horrible!!! Boy they really spoil you on that ship. Hurry up March 28th ... then I'm back on the Fantasy!!

Looking forward to seeing some Disers today and tomorrow at the BC .... if they are not all stuck in the Northeast.

Glad you had a nice trip on the Fantasy! We did that last year and loved every moment of it. I have never had interest in the BWI, though this trip we are going to be spending some time at the CR. I can see why some don't like it, but for me, it brings back that magic from childhood. We'll be staying at the YC on the CL the last weekend of our trip (BC was sold out, Boo!). I'm hoping we'll get to stop in and see you. My kids had their very first pin trades with you, and they still talk about it!

Glad you had a nice trip on the Fantasy! We did that last year and loved every moment of it. I have never had interest in the BWI, though this trip we are going to be spending some time at the CR. I can see why some don't like it, but for me, it brings back that magic from childhood. We'll be staying at the YC on the CL the last weekend of our trip (BC was sold out, Boo!). I'm hoping we'll get to stop in and see you. My kids had their very first pin trades with you, and they still talk about it!

It would be my pleasure to see you and hopefully trade pins with the kids again!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter