2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dee- I decided I didn't want to drive bc our flight back home was Thursday. That would've only given us 2 full days. And I was nervous about the wind and snow blowing out before we left.
Also calling for more snow Tues./ Wed. Didn't want my DS17 to deal with that alone.
We'll be back in April so no worries... I just really wanted to get away from the cold. :(
Have a fabulous trip!! Hope you make it out ok. SW cancelled the first morning flight out tomorrow too from PVD. That would have been the flight I changed to if I could've.

[QUOTE="Sammy Cat, post: 53077726, member: 349421] We did complain about the mermaid tail issue to the management and he offered us nothing in consideration of this. .[/QUOTE]

I understand your daughter was disappointed, but I'm honestly curious what you expected management to offer you as compensation for not being able to violate a safety issue?

Last edited by a moderator:
Teena welcome back . Also dont listen to the haters. Some of us appreciate your insight for what it is

Dee- glad you were able to dig out . I hear it is -11 today at my house with a real feel of -35! Glad we are not there

Ninja- I can't bring myself to stay with the creepy clown. I just can't do it.

As for me I escaped at 6 am yesterday. We switched that flight a week before from a 5 pm flight. I almost didn't do it because it cost $100 more. Glad I did because our original flight was nacelles due to weather!
Anyway I am on the Magic right now waiting to depart for a 7 day cruise. Got an awesome last minute rate and it is good because as some of you know I have been battling a major health issue since dec 7. The dr said told me to try to go somewhere warm and rest and so we are! I will come back and tell you all about it and answer any questions . Doing Pallo brunch and dinner .

Oh and ninja I brought my mermaid tail

Teena welcome back . Also dont listen to the haters. Some of us appreciate your insight for what it is

Dee- glad you were able to dig out . I hear it is -11 today at my house with a real feel of -35! Glad we are not there

As for me I escaped at 6 am yesterday. We switched that flight a week before from a 5 pm flight. I almost didn't do it because it cost $100 more. Glad I did because our original flight was nacelles due to weather!
Anyway I am on the Magic right now waiting to depart for a 7 day cruise. Got an awesome last minute rate and it is good because as some of you know I have been battling a major health issue since dec 7. The dr said told me to try to go somewhere warm and rest and so we are! I will come back and tell you all about it and answer any questions . Doing Pallo brunch and dinner .

Going on a cruise today was a very smart move! Enjoy!!

From what I understand, hopefully I will be there the same time as the clown. I can't wait to meet him!

Looks like you will only be able to use it at Castway Cay. Take it easy and feel better, and take pictures so we can see how you look in your mermaid outfit :thumbsup2

~NM

It's good to see some things don't change... I've been MIA for a while now, but I see some people are still hating... Let me just say life is really short and it's really too short to hate on people who are just trying to help others :love2: With that said we had a fabulous time at YC/BC last week!
Welcome home Teena it was so good to see you!

~N

Mermaid tail update! Many places on the internet have kids size mermaid tails...

choose-your-tail1.jpg

For adult sizes it looks like you will have to order from Etsy. I recommend getting those orders in now so they will be in hand for the summer season. Knowing that you can't use these at a Disney resort pool means that you just get to show them off at home to your neighbors!

~NM

*makes note to order mermaid tail before I go. Despite being a woman of a certain age and the fact I would look like a beached whale, albeit a gorgeous sequinned sparkly one*

Hi everyone *waves* I have been on the BOG list for ages, and have been lurking in this thread since then :) This will be my first ever visit to the YC and now I am less than 2 months and 2 weeks away I felt it was time to make myself known on this thread again. I am beyond excited, will be there for 2 weeks, for my birthday and on the DxDP. I am also really looking forward to popping in to see the lovely Teena :) That's it for now. Except to say party::rainbow::jumping1::jumping2:

Last edited:
When Dee says her DH was in waist deep snow trying to move it, she is not exaggerating.
DS shoveled yesterday for hours, moving the snow piles at the fence and end of the driveway back. After today's additional 16.6 inches, there really is NO Where to put the predicted Tuesday snow. No kidding, I am worried.
February in Boston is now the snowiest month ever. 2015 is now the 3rd snowiest winter ever. And that snow has all fallen in just 23 days. I heard today that we had 2 years worth of snow in 23 days.
Good luck getting out tomorrow Dee!!!!

Good Luck traveling tomorrow Dee. You must be SO ready for a warm weather vacation.

As for the mermaid tails - I can definitely see why they are prohibited in a feature pool such as SAB, but I have seen them in use at the quiet pool at the VWL. Great swimmer or not, they definitely have the potential to create a safety hazard to the guest wearing them and others in the general vicinity in a pool like SAB. It has a sand bottom and is not at all constructed, nor does it operate like a regular pool or open body of water. I completely understand why they were OK at Castaway Cay. Disney has to make rules in consideration of the majority of guests and their safety. Since they are a relatively new fad I can see why there may not be a rule in writing yet.

To the OP - sorry this was so disappointing to your daughter and had such an impact on the family's vacation. I hope your daughter took some time to use them in the quiet pools.

Interesting to see the discussion regarding CMs. Our family was just talking about this after our trip last month. We've had more CM interaction in the past few years because we've been staying CL often and chat with CMs. We were recalling CMs we liked - ones who made us feel comfortable and welcome - and why. Here's the why: They are genuine. Everybody doesn't love everything, even if they work for Disney, and we know that. The following are all examples from various resorts. On several occasions, CMs have joked with us about silly things they have experienced with other guests. We've overheard CMs chatting with each other about their lives. Nothing super terrible - just connecting with each other and sharing experiences. We've talked with many CMs about their favorites and things they don't like. When I asked one CL CM how she was doing one morning, she told me another CM (who is sweet but goofy) didn't show up for work so she is the surprise replacement. Last month, we saw a CM neck massage chain at a ride that was empty one morning - that's a little off topic, but we thought some guests wouldn't love it as much as we did. And we thought it was hilarious - showed those CMs had some spirit! We love the Disney bubble, and we also love this stuff - the two are not mutually exclusive. These kinds of interactions are genuine and real and make us happy.

I was just poking around online check-in and my Beach Club reservation for March says "Package Type: KCW Room Only". This is the first time I have seen that and I booked through Orbitz. Does anyone know what KCW means?

Teena, welcome home! We have about 3-4 feet of snow on the ground outside and just heard it is now a "blizzard". Don't you miss the Northeast??? :rolleyes2

I sure do not miss that white stuff. Hang in there!!!!!!!

Good luck tomorrow Dee! Hope you have a safe flight.

Has anyone who lives locally gotten an ice cream cake from Publix? We are celebrating DS's birthday while at Disney and he does not eat cake-at all. He does like ice cream cake so I'd like to try to get one. Wasn't sure if there was a Cold Stone close by or if Publix makes a good one. Of course as cold as it is right now I'm having a hard time thinking about ice cream! (overnight wind chills of -25 to -40) Isn't it July yet????

Yes! Artist Point is on our short (ok....really long) list of places we intend to eat, so we will be doing our dinner there while at the CR. The only thing I'm not crazy about over there is the pool. We stayed at BLT in 2010 and found the pool boring and really...really.....really hot. I'm talking "Yes, I know it's August in Orlando, but come on, this is like bath water" hot. Otherwise, we really are excited. I've learned to go with my gut in a lot of things, and while we were excited to try the Polynesian, my gut was saying that it was going to be a mess, so I feel calmer with this decision. We're also big fans of California Grill, and Narcossee's, so we'll get those out of our system too!

We are at CR from 8/14-8/19 and BC 8/19-8/24.

I knew it. Bad. Girl. Indeed.

Ok..no jokes, completely honest. We LOVE the BWI! The roster changes daily, but if forced by the government to pick my absolute favorite WDW resort, I'd be really hard-pressed not to say "TheYachtClubBoardwalk." BWI was our first exposure to the Epcot Resort Loop, and it was magical. There aren't greeters per-say (fail), but the staff was delightful all around. The lobby bar, the BelleVue Lounge is classy, and especially beautiful at night, the rooms are spacious, and all include a daybed, and all but about about 3 rooms total (out of about 325) have a full balcony or patio, and I'm crazy about the old-timey photos on the wall throughout the hallways. Standard views are of a beautiful courtyard and quiet pool, (many with views of the Eiffel Tower and Illuminations) and of the front entrance, which I find picturesque, and actual Boardwalk views are, in my opinion the best views in all of WDW. We've been blessed with full-on BW views each time, and I loved watching the SAB windmill turn from my bed. Oh, and don't get me started on the soundtrack! Food options are good with pizza and the bakery for quick serve, and FF is our favorite restaurant on WDW property, hands down. As for the clown. I had a massive phobia as a kid, and still shudder at the thought, but it was really fine, and as long as you're on the BWI side, and not villas, you will be no where near it. That said, after SAB, it's my favorite pool on WDW property. The slide is more thrilling than at SAB, it's never terribly crowded, and as an August traveler, their pool always feels about 10 degrees cooler than any other pool on property. I don't know how they do it!
Sorry for the BWI advertisement, but it will be fine! If we had a "Magical" opportunity to stay there this summer, we would.
Oh...and Club Level? The best. Sorry BC/YC fans..it blows other CLs away (and we've done BWI, BC, YC, GF-RPC and AKL).
Don't hate me! We're also crazy about YC/BC, but I would never hesitate to stay at BWI.

Yes, I tend to believe Tikiman above all others. And I get the feeling he's holding back from saying "The place is a mess...stay away until at least 2016."

You've got to try new things.....and go where it's the best bang for your buck!

Teena! My heart is breaking! Well, on the BWI end! You should try it sometime! I'll bring you over, hold your hand etc.
As for CR, I can't say whether or not we'll like it, but I think for this trip, it's a better choice than Poly!

Did try it once Scott!! I've stayed at every Disney resort except AofA and Saratoga and the Treehouses.

I have updated the Be Our Guest list through page 157.

Post 15: Be Our Guest list

Let me know if you have any corrections and I will make the changes when I get back.

Once again, I appreciate everyone's good wishes! I'll post from the airport tomorrow morning as I am getting ready to board. Logan opened around 4:30 this afternoon and I'm glad to hear that there are not many cancellation so far for tomorrow morning. :)

Everyone have a fantastic week!!!

:cool2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter