2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me I need to run to get beer and wine! Hope the shelves aren't cleared of that! Stay warm everyone! My first thought this morning was thank god I am not trying to fly to WDW tomorrow!

I braved the store early this morning. There was bread and milk but absolutely no chicken. Never seen that before. :confused3

As a Buffalonian who survived 6 feet of snow in 24 hours this past November, I have some advice: along with milk & bread, buy extra TP! Amazing how much of that you go thru when everyone is stuck at home! :rotfl2:

Good luck everyone in the storm's path. Stay safe!

I'm so excited! DD(5) and I will be headed to the Yacht Club April 30-May 3 this year. It will be our first stay at the Yacht Club. We are celebrating her 6th bday!

Wishing I was at the YC right now instead of waiting for 30" of snow and 80 MPH winds!!!

Generator ready, refrigerator is full and the wine is chilling!!

We stayed in a boardwalk 1 bedroom and there was a maximum of 5 people. What is the maximum for a one bedroom at the Beach Club?

Hello, I'm new here! :wave2: My husband and I are going to be staying at the Beach Club for the first time ever, just the two of us. We'll be there May 20-25th. We are also staying Club Level for the first time ever. I've read so many things about CL, and just wanted to clear up if I'm supposed to be expecting a separate email from CL concierge?

Thanks in advance and excited to be a part of the thread!

We stayed in a boardwalk 1 bedroom and there was a maximum of 5 people. What is the maximum for a one bedroom at the Beach Club?

It's 5 people also in a regular Beach Club HOTEL room. The Beach Club Villas have various capacities. I am not a Villas person so I don't know the room arrangements.

~NM

page 180-182

The upside to being stuck at home in a blizzard: Time to catch up on the DIS (as long as the power holds out...) :cold:

I don't have any updates on the room refurb at the Beach Club, except that as mentioned a few pages earlier, some guests have reported checking into 4th floor with new rooms. I don't know how much of the 4th floor is completed at this point.

As far as the normal winter maintenance at Stormalong Bay, all reports I have seen indicate the work is proceeding on schedule and in fact the Jib Slide opened a few days ago, ahead of schedule.

:goodvibes:

Yippee! I get to join this thread once again!:goodvibes

We will be arriving at the Beach Club Villas on April 22nd and then moving to the Beach Club Resort for the 25th - 28th.

Can you add me to Be Our Guest list?:flower3:

:welcome: back!!!

Will do!

:cool1:

Hehehe I really did lol at this! She didn't mind the idea once I told her she was able to pick a colour for the band and that she got to pick a character pic on her account :cool2:

Edit - I haven't read through the thread in a while, and I'm curious about the refurb. Did they replace the mattresses? Are they any better? I was surprised at how ordinary they were at BCV. And the sheets...wow...very hotel quality. Maybe I was spoiled, coming from HRH where the bedding was divine, but I kind of expected more from the hotel in this area.

I know they will be replacing the mattresses at the Beach Club and Yacht Club resorts. I have not seen what the scope of the work at the villas will be.

:goodvibes

Per the DIS (owners of this site), the BC room refurbishments is schuled to go through 08/22/2015. I hope it's completd by then...we check in on 8/25.

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1 (Post 15).

:woohoo:

I will post any news we get about the progress of the BC rehab here, and in the very first post of this thread.

:thumbsup2

Hi All :)

I was just looking at some Trip Advisor reviews and saw a recent post reviewing the BC refurbished room (4th floor) They posted a link to a bunch of pics and info..I thought I would share!!!
Here is the link to the Trip Advisor review:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re...sney_s_Beach_Club_Resort-Orlando_Florida.html

And the link to the blog :

http://grandcanyonconcourse.blogspot.com/2015/01/the-beach-club-renovations.html

Thanks for posting this!!!

Well this just in, after a close call we were able to get to get a club level at the yacht club for the 3-6th woot

Awesome!

I'll update your listing on the BOG.

:)

Here now, checked in today. First time at Yacht Club. Have to say, so far not hugely impressed. I can't believe how run down these rooms are! I understand they will be going into a refurb soon but man to spend this kind of money for this kind of room... We have garden view room 4th floor but are right above the quiet pool.

On the flip side our first dinner was at Trattoria and it was excellent! I'm sure walking around the resort I will like it more as time goes by but these rooms are SAD! If you have any questions or need anything checked out at the resort I would be happy to answer!!

I am so sorry to hear you are disappointed with your room. I hope you have a fantastic trip regardless.

I have 2 questions.

Are the rooms being renovated by floors?

Does the Beach activities include pool games?

When I stayed at por the kids loved the pool games.

:welcome: to this forum!!!

Do you have a trip booked? Please let us know the details if you would like to be added to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1 (Post 15).

Others have probably already answered your questions, but yes, the renovation is taking place floor by floor from the top (5th floor) down. Work is currently happening on the 4th floor.

Yes, see the 4th post on Page 1 for the current months activities list to see an example of the pool games and activities.

page 183-186

Just added on two nights at the Beach Club in August. So, now we have two nights BC (mainly hanging out at Stormalong Bay) followed by 2 weeks at POFQ. So excited to be able to return to the BC, even if it is just a couple of nights!

:welcome: back!

I'll add your BC nights to the Be Our Guest list.

You got it! Walked by last night but I wasn't looking for that.

I think we got an upgrade¿ we paid for GV but we are overlooking a quiet pool.

I will say not a single request was honored - gazebo, king, near lobby. And we have a connecting room with very loud neighbors. They decided to yell at their son late last night, keeping my husband up. Annnnd they just started again so I think we need to talk to concierge!

Edit: room changed!

Was just going to post the same. There is something, blocked off but we were able to walk around pretty much the whole thing. I want to hop in the pool but I just can't... Not quite warm enough!

Both rooms have been in good shape so far and the concierge staff has been quite helpful. We are taking a late afternoon break before going back for our evening Fastpasses at Epcot so we sat outside Beaches and Cream in the sun for a bit.

Thanks for the update on your stay so far. Glad you were able to change rooms. Enjoy the rest of your trip!!!

Sitting at Hurricane Hannah's right now and the slide is open!

Agrees about the swimming! I was shocked how many people were in there. Our club level rooms are beautiful and the concierge staff has bee very pleasant. Although we did overhear another guest last night question why the lemonade was removed at 9:00 PM when service didn't finish until 10:00. We thought that was a very valid point. Weather has been challenging to pack for but hey it's better then the blizzard NJ is getting prepped for!

Thanks for the info about the pool slide and for the update on your stay. Have fun!!!

It's official! Staying at Beach Club for the first time! It's me, my 3 kids (9,8,2) and my mama! So excited to be staying here and experiencing the pool/slide! Staying September 20-27. We also get to participate in the F&W Festival. I'm hoping they will have Key Lime Wine! :)

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1 (Post 15).

Please let us know if you have any questions.

We are planning a Club Level BC stay in Sept. Our first at this resort!!
Question: Are daybeds plentiful in CL? We are a family of 4, but we need that extra bed.
Also, is it possible to be near the World Showcase entrance if you are staying CL? I don't know much at all about the property but have heard there are rooms that are closer to the area.

Thank you!!

I have you on the Be Our Guest list for Sept.

We really don't have an idea of how many daybeds are in CL or even in the standard rooms at the resort. I have heard that more have been added with the rehab but I don't know how many, or where.

Add a request for a room with a daybed to your reservation. Families of 5 will have priority for these rooms since they need the extra sleeping space. If a room with a daybed is not available when you checkin, you may request a foldaway cot and it will be provided free of charge.

Thank you so much, natebenma :-) Just sent Disney an email (we tried it around Christmas before, but they said they were too busy)

I hope they are able to accommodate your request to stay in the same room!

For me I need to run to get beer and wine! Hope the shelves aren't cleared of that! Stay warm everyone! My first thought this morning was thank god I am not trying to fly to WDW tomorrow!

Hope all is well for you! Are you in one of the jackpot zones?

I was just wondering is there a room breakdown anywhere of how many of each room is available at the BC. Like, if we wanted to book 3 water view rooms, how many water view rooms does the BC offer? How many of those rooms have full balconies vs. juilet balconies vs. no balcony?

That is very specific I know so I wouldn't be surprised if that kinda info isn't out there, I was just trying to figure out if we book water view and request a full balcony, how much have we limited our selves on rooms.

None that I have ever seen. I have volunteered on numerous occasions to stay in every room at the Beach Club and document room details like view, balcony type and daybed availability, but Disney has not taken me up on my offer!

;)

Since the recent refurbishment, we are still waiting to hear how many daybeds were possibly added to rooms. I'm not sure if we'll ever find out for sure until guests actually stay in rooms and report back, but that could take years....:(

I follow this thread faithfully because BC has always been our favorite resort. We have so many wonderful memories there. However, our 2 kids are now "older" and we absolutely have to have a daybed. We received a cot last trip which worked ok to sleep, but it really messed the room up a lot.

Like you said, not sure we will ever know. This is not the type of info that is typically publicized at the resort.

As a Buffalonian who survived 6 feet of snow in 24 hours this past November, I have some advice: along with milk & bread, buy extra TP! Amazing how much of that you go thru when everyone is stuck at home! :rotfl2:

Good luck everyone in the storm's path. Stay safe!

Thanks for that very helpful advice.

I'm so excited! DD(5) and I will be headed to the Yacht Club April 30-May 3 this year. It will be our first stay at the Yacht Club. We are celebrating her 6th bday!

:welcome: to this forum.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1 of this thread.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

According to the info on Page 1 (Post 11?) the studios and 1 BR have a capacity of 4 guests and the 2 BR can sleep 8. I am not an expert on the BCV properties, so I am hoping some of our DVC experts will come by and correct me if this info is wrong.

Hello, I'm new here! :wave2: My husband and I are going to be staying at the Beach Club for the first time ever, just the two of us. We'll be there May 20-25th. We are also staying Club Level for the first time ever. I've read so many things about CL, and just wanted to clear up if I'm supposed to be expecting a separate email from CL concierge?

Thanks in advance and excited to be a part of the thread!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

You should be receiving an introductory email from IPO/CL, but you can also contact them proactively once you have a reservation. The email address is on the first page of this thread, in the Club Level Post (12???)

Stay safe and warm, everyone who is getting hammered by snow. We only got a couple of inches. Just enough we had to skip karate because the parking lot there is always a disaster in the winter.

Anxiously awaiting Southwest releasing their flight schedule for late August. We were supposed to take a few trips this year and airfare is just crazy at the moment. Hoping if I book right away, we'll get decent prices for August. Anyone have experience with that? I think when I looked before, the best prices the had where when flights were first released.

Off-topic, I found out our little bionic baby has to have surgery to replace her pacemaker on the 17th of February (same day I'm supposed to make ADRs). This is a year or so earlier than we were expecting it to happen. With luck, it just means she'll be extra powerful in August when she hits SAB for the first time.

I have finally updated the Be Our Guest list from the past week. Please take a moment to look it over to see if I have your information listed correctly.

Post 15: Be Our Guest list

I have also tried to catch up on all of the recent pages and answer the questions I can. If you still have an inquiry out there that hasn't been addressed, feel free to repost.

Dee,
Add me to BOG list. BC LV CL April 4-9. Going to check out the new Four Seasons April 9-11.

This is the first time I've been on the thread in ages. Work, work, work!! Looking forward to getting back and checking out the new rooms.

Here's a couple of pictures of Teena's granddaughter Lily to hopefully warm your hearts on this cold, snowy, blustery day:

Have ressies at BC, 7/28-8/4/15. Do you think the refurbs will be completed at BC? Are they then moving onto BCV or YC? I didn't book at Poly because of refurbs there. When I asked CM how the BC refurbs were coming along, she had no clue what I was talking about and found no notations regarding the refurbs at BC. Why do you think they are unaware of this?

Have ressies at BC, 7/28-8/4/15. Do you think the refurbs will be completed at BC? Are they then moving onto BCV or YC? I didn't book at Poly because of refurbs there. When I asked CM how the BC refurbs were coming along, she had no clue what I was talking about and found no notations regarding the refurbs at BC. Why do you think they are unaware of this?
Previous posts from those that have received official docs from the Mouse indicate BC refurb won't be finished until August but one can always hope it goes better than planned. If you were talking with Central reservations you probably had someone sitting in their basement in Lubbock Texas that has never been east of New Orleans. It is in Dee that we trust to keep us up to date with the latest and greatest and most factual information on page one of this thread and we are extremely grateful for all the hard work she puts in to do this, even in the face of a blizzard (not a day at the beach if you know what I mean).

Katesdad

Stay safe and warm, everyone who is getting hammered by snow. We only got a couple of inches. Just enough we had to skip karate because the parking lot there is always a disaster in the winter.

Anxiously awaiting Southwest releasing their flight schedule for late August. We were supposed to take a few trips this year and airfare is just crazy at the moment. Hoping if I book right away, we'll get decent prices for August. Anyone have experience with that? I think when I looked before, the best prices the had where when flights were first released.

Off-topic, I found out our little bionic baby has to have surgery to replace her pacemaker on the 17th of February (same day I'm supposed to make ADRs). This is a year or so earlier than we were expecting it to happen. With luck, it just means she'll be extra powerful in August when she hits SAB for the first time.

Oh, Oh, I do, I do, Pick MEEEeeeeee!

Yes Southwest fares are at their lowest when they first release them. Keep stalking everyday as it will surely pay off! Also if you could give the rest of us a heads up when you see them being released... I will do the same!

I'm sure your lil Energizer Bunny is growing quiet well if that pacemaker is ahead of schedule on the replacement. Keep feeding and watering her regularly and she will continue to thrive. You can also let the kids know that an animal, probably a dog, has a good chance of getting her used pacemaker. I'm sure that they will love knowing that her equipment is helping something soft and furry.

~NM

Just booked our first Beach Club stay August 19-26, 2015! We braved the Poly construction last year (bad decision) and are hoping for low to no construction this time around. Oh and temperatures NOT in the 100's! Very thankful for all the information on this thread!

Judging by the picture it looks like Princess Lily loves coasters:thumbsup2 Brilliant photo :)
Hope all of you in snowy parts of the country are keeping safe and warm :goodvibes
Tarak sending you heartfelt wishes that Bionic Baby sails through surgery and is raring to go in time for your trip:hug:

page 180-182

The upside to being stuck at home in a blizzard: Time to catch up on the DIS (as long as the power holds out...) :cold:

I don't have any updates on the room refurb at the Beach Club, except that as mentioned a few pages earlier, some guests have reported checking into 4th floor with new rooms. I don't know how much of the 4th floor is completed at this point.

Dee, hope you are comfortable and warm!

I recently returned from a quick visit to the BC, where I was placed in a refurbed 4th floor guest room, facing the Quiet Pool and Boardwalk.

Due to staging considerations of the construction, only the single elevator near the Quiet Pool could be used to access the 4th floor. Rooms beyond 4475 are being worked on, with a wall and door blocking access beyond. Though I was not around during the day, I was never bothered by any noise/inconveniences due to construction.

My quick impressions of the new look:

• Good image, upon entering room, but tempered by closer look.
  • Solid color, multi-level loop carpet already showing snags, soiling and spots - solid sand color is simply not practical.
  • As previously mentioned by others, new window treatment (Roman shades) do not block extremely bright light around Quiet Pool, making it difficult to sleep, when exterior bright lights do not turn off until sunrise. The door lite's shade is not mounted flush against door, but about 2.5-3" away, creating large light gaps at the sides.
  • Continuous loop, plastic bead chain, which operates shades, is not fastened to wall/door with cord cleat or chain retainer, creating major child strangulation hazard; door shade's chain hangs only about 18" above finished floor - very dangerous.
  • New bed very comfortable.
  • Relocation of fridge away from sleeping area minimizes hearing any motor noise.
  • Toilet fixture is not new - when it would run on, I lifted tank cover and could see old rust and mineral stains inside tank.
  • Table with additional desk/table rolling out from underneath, similar to prior furniture.
  • Desk chair attractive, with vinyl upholstery on upper portion, but seat covered with light-colored fabric, which is not practical; probably should have been reversed.
  • Lighted magnifying mirror with light switch at sink/vanity area.
  • "Tower of Terror" contraption on top of bedside table is actually an integral part of the furniture, not freestanding.
  • Wall lamps at each side of the beds, controlled by easily-accessed wall switches, which can be operated while lying in bed - good idea.
  • Plenty of outlets for charging devices, including two above nightstand; USB port also provided. Other outlets throughout room.

With very tight timing for catching ME, I was glad to be able to visit with Teena, prior to leaving, if only a quick chat.:thumbsup2

More to follow, including pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts