2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just returned! Loved, loved LOVED YC. Wish we'd stayed there the whole time. Won't make that mistake again, I am hooked! :) The grounds, the service, the pool, the area, all fantastic. We didn't take any buses, so I can't speak to that but the boat service seemed to run fairly often, we waited about 10 minutes the first time and there was one at the dock already the next time. Planned to walk to Epcot our last day, but we were all just so exhausted we decided to forgo the park that day.

About the bounceback: My TA called and booked it for us. I asked her to book the room discount, but she did tell me they offered the free dining one as well, but it is only available through 11/15. Values are included, I had her check Pop as well as YC and POFQ/POR for availability. Hope this is helpful :)

We have stayed at the BC many times, but I can't remember if the MK bus is shared with just the YC or also the BW and Swan and Dolphin. Does anyone know?

We have stayed at the BC many times, but I can't remember if the MK bus is shared with just the YC or also the BW and Swan and Dolphin. Does anyone know?

I didn't actually use the bus, but I know the one I saw go by said BC/YC/BWI/S&D on it. This was in Downtown Disney, so maybe the other buses don't share with as many resorts?

Yes they share and it's horrible. You would think a deluxe resort would at least get you your own resort bus

The buses to MK and AK usually only share between YC and BC.

The DTD bus shares with all five of the Epcot resorts.

I didn't actually use the bus, but I know the one I saw go by said BC/YC/BWI/S&D on it. This was in Downtown Disney, so maybe the other buses don't share with as many resorts?

Yes they share and it's horrible. You would think a deluxe resort would at least get you your own resort bus

The buses to MK and AK usually only share between YC and BC.

The DTD bus shares with all five of the Epcot resorts.

My trips have always been in the summer, July or August, and the MK and AK buses have only shared with YC.

I think it is possible that during slower periods the bus may share with the other resorts, but this is not the normal procedure.

:thumbsup2

Not true the majority of the time, other than to/from DTD. We go just about every year and it was years ago (maybe 10) the last time multiple resorts were combined. They no longer routinely do this.
To the MK and the AK they only share with the YC.
2 weeks ago I timed the MK bus from the time we got on to the MK. It was 12 minutes to the WDW "arches" and about 17 minutes to the bus stop at the MK gates.

:fish:Just curious, from anyone there now or who will be at the BC/YC/BCV soon-

Can you check on the pool hours for Stormalong Bay. Is the opening at 9 am or 10 am? Is there a set closing time?

Thanks!

Dee

Can you check on the pool hours for Stormalong Bay. Is the opening at 9 am or 10 am? Is there a set closing time?

Thanks!

Dee

If no one does it before then, I can post Sunday. :cool1:

I just had to cancel my work conference for December 6-10th!!! :sad:

About as sad as I can be right now. Now I have to wait until next August to be back in my happy place!!!!!

If you hear about a middle aged man jumping off of the Tobin Bridge in Boston you will know who it is!!

WAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!

Jay

Thanks!

Dee
I just returned yesterday and the time was 9am - 10pm. Not sure if it was changed since Sunday.

We were returning from breakfast at the Poly Tuesday morning when we were told we had to wait outside since the fire alarm was going off. A maintenance guy told me it was a water main for the sprinklers that broke so they needed the fire dept to turn it off. Luckily we had our bags packed and only needed to freshen up before leaving on ME since we had exactly 15 minutes from the all clear until the bus was there. I did speak to a manager and they would of given us a taxi voucher in case we missed ME. Thankfully we didn't need it.

Had an awesome stay at the YC! I don't think I will ever stay at a moderate again :) The rooms and grounds were beautiful. I don't have any complaints at all.

The service was really outstanding. I took down some names of some great cast members and wanted to let Disney know. Does anyone know how I communicate this to Disney? Do I just email through the Disney website or does Yacht Club have their own email?

Had an awesome stay at the YC! I don't think I will ever stay at a moderate again :) The rooms and grounds were beautiful. I don't have any complaints at all.

The service was really outstanding. I took down some names of some great cast members and wanted to let Disney know. Does anyone know how I communicate this to Disney? Do I just email through the Disney website or does Yacht Club have their own email?

Contact Info:

Walt Disney World Guest Communications
P. O. Box 10040
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-0040
wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

It apparently makes no difference which method of contact you choose; it will be read, either way.

Had a WONDERFUL stay at Yacht Club last week

One thing I noticed is it seemed ALL the rooms AT YC had full balconies and chairs, but many rooms at BC did not-some had "fake" Juliet type balconies, many just had windows

Contact Info:

Walt Disney World Guest Communications
P. O. Box 10040
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-0040
wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

It apparently makes no difference which method of contact you choose; it will be read, either way.

I'm so happy to hear about the reports of great YC stays!

As suggested above, you should send an email or letter to Guest Services.

I don't have an email for the Yacht and Beach Club, but if you have feedback about specific CMs at the resort or anything else, I bet the General Manager would love to hear about it.

Mim Flynn, General Manager
Disney's Yacht and Beach Club Resorts
1800 EPCOT Resort Boulevard
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

:thumbsup2

Just read in the refurb info section here that parts of storm along bay will be closed for maintenance jan to February and Feb 2 to March 3.
Any info as to whether the closure will continue after that time?

Thanks, Deb

Just read in the refurb info section here that parts of storm along bay will be closed for maintenance jan to February and Feb 2 to March 3.
Any info as to whether the closure will continue after that time?

Thanks, Deb

Not that I have heard.

:)

OMG...only 23 days to go! Yipee!

Also, just got my first sprinkle of pixie dust. I got an email to get a fast pass to BOG for lunch!!!! I am actually crying I am so excited. I know I am a big dork, but I just want this to be a special vacation for my family. I can't wait to see the BC for the first time. I wish we were staying longer than 5 days.
:cool1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter