2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just called to have a request for a king bed noted on our reservation (and i might have snuck in a mention of it being our anniversary:rotfl:), and had a Philly boy! It was a lot of fun having a cast member that I have something in common with for all of the small talk of those slow moving systems! Hopefully my request gets filled. It'd be a real cherry on top of the trip to have a bigger bed than I have at home for a few nights.:yay:

Just a quick hi and hope all my bc/yc friends are well! Its been quite while but I just popped in thinking its almost time to come back to where my Sunken Treasure addiction began.
About to embark on the Disney Magic in the Royal suite for a week of pampering.
Hope Teena and Natebenma and others are well!
I'll never forget how you all commiserated with me when my husbands plane got delayed for a day and out Yacht club trip was achingly put on a days delay as well.
And Teena i still promise to bring you tomatoes next time down :-)

Just a quick hi and hope all my bc/yc friends are well! Its been quite while but I just popped in thinking its almost time to come back to where my Sunken Treasure addiction began.
I'll never forget how you all commiserated with me when my husbands plane got delayed for a day and out Yacht club trip was achingly put on a days delay as well.

Have a super time! We want to hear all about it!

I've been busy planning my "mother/daughter" Fantasy cruise during Jeanne's spring break (the week before Easter). I asked her what she wanted for Christmas this year and she said a combination birthday and Christmas present ... a cruise on the Fantasy over her spring break. Unfortunately that is not a cruise that will be offering any CM discounts so full price it is ...UGH. But it will be fun. Princess Lily will be spending the week with her other grandparents so she'll have a super time too.

And I'll be looking for those tomatoes!!!!!!

I just had to cancel my work conference for December 6-10th!!! :sad:

About as sad as I can be right now. Now I have to wait until next August to be back in my happy place!!!!!

If you hear about a middle aged man jumping off of the Tobin Bridge in Boston you will know who it is!!

WAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!

Jay

:sad::grouphug: sorry, that sucks!

We just got back Tuesday. I did my first split stay this trip. The first leg was at Kidani Village and the second half was at the yacht club.

While it was interesting and different to stay at Kidani Village, it def was a one and done experience for me. The hallways were sooooooo longgg and the rooms were very dark making it difficult to get ready in the morning. The buses were a mess (we waited 45 minutes to even get a bus back from epcot) so we took cabs most of the trip.

Our room at the Yacht Club was room 1163 and it was absolutely WONDERFUL!!!! Close to the lobby (which was much needed after the long hallways of kidani) 1st floor with a GORGEOUS view. The room was well lite which made getting ready in the morning that much easier. Everyone at the yacht club was friendly & welcoming and even though I always stay at the beach and yacht club I appreciated everything that much more staying there this time and a short stay at Kidani. The Yacht & Beach Club truly is the best spot on property!!!

We just got back Tuesday. I did my first split stay this trip. The first leg was at Kidani Village and the second half was at the yacht club.

While it was interesting and different to stay at Kidani Village, it def was a one and done experience for me. The hallways were sooooooo longgg and the rooms were very dark making it difficult to get ready in the morning. The buses were a mess (we waited 45 minutes to even get a bus back from epcot) so we took cabs most of the trip.

Our room at the Yacht Club was room 1163 and it was absolutely WONDERFUL!!!! Close to the lobby (which was much needed after the long hallways of kidani) 1st floor with a GORGEOUS view. The room was well lite which made getting ready in the morning that much easier. Everyone at the yacht club was friendly & welcoming and even though I always stay at the beach and yacht club I appreciated everything that much more staying there this time and a short stay at Kidani. The Yacht & Beach Club truly is the best spot on property!!!

Thanks for the report. We also had a first floor room close to the lobby when we were at the YC recently and it was great. It made walking to the boat, bus and parks really easy. :thumbsup2

I just called to have a request for a king bed noted on our reservation (and i might have snuck in a mention of it being our anniversary:rotfl:), and had a Philly boy! It was a lot of fun having a cast member that I have something in common with for all of the small talk of those slow moving systems! Hopefully my request gets filled. It'd be a real cherry on top of the trip to have a bigger bed than I have at home for a few nights.:yay:

:thumbsup2

I did same thing week before our stay
I had booked the STD room-
BUT we got a Garden room-KING-view of the quiet pool! :cool1:
ROOM #3070

We were RIGHT by the elevator-right to the pool one way-other way came out RIGHT by the rental boats, next tp the Boats to Epcot /Studios!
Loved the location-tho far from Lobby

We check in on 11/22 and should have a garden view. I requested higher floor with large balcony. Would we better off on the ground floor? Kids are 4, 7 and 12, so no more strollers to worry about. :)

dwdeb said:
Just read in the refurb info section here that parts of storm along bay will be closed for maintenance jan to February and Feb 2 to March 3.
Any info as to whether the closure will continue after that time?

Thanks, Deb

natebenma said:
Not that I have heard.

:)

I hope they run on schedule, since we show up March 4th.

Thanks for the CL advice. I'd love to try it, but I'll have my annual pass and the deluxe dining plan so if I don't manage to get it I will have a great time anyway. But would be cool to see the lounge if I can especially if it's been refurbished. We'll see when the discounts come out though. In any case, there's something to be said for being near the lake with my refillable mug early in the morning while things are fairly quiet regardless of a lounge.

Can someone add me to the Be Our Guest list? I'll be staying at the Beach Club with some of my sorority sisters and our spouses February 19-24 for the Princess Half-Marathon. Thanks!

Checking in in 20 days and just wondering if the club level lounge that was just renovated will be open or are we being relocated somewhere else?

I hope they run on schedule, since we show up March 4th.

Me too!
We are arriving on the 5th. Did same dates last year at YC, and pool was open, but not sure if they did the maintenance last year.
We may switch to WL, because we spend most of our vacation at the resort by the pool, and I don't want to worry about a partially closed pool...

We have been planning for over a year to stay at BC because of SAB and the slide specifically and they decide to announce two months before it will be closed. The kids will be so disappointed. Saw it posted on wdwinfo.

Do you think they'll allow us to swim at BWI in cases like this? Part of the reason we stay deluxe is for amenities and water slides for the kids.

So bummed.

ETA wdwinfo specifically says the slide and bridge 1 will be closed. What is bridge 1?

We check in on 11/22 and should have a garden view. I requested higher floor with large balcony. Would we better off on the ground floor? Kids are 4, 7 and 12, so no more strollers to worry about. :)
Did you request this online or by faxing/calling?

IIRC, all balconies at YC are the same size (full size versus the full/juliette that you get at BC). So any request regarding size of balcony won't matter.

When my fam stayed at YC a year ago, we checked in online and requested a higher floor close to transportation. And 'close to transportation' is key at YC, as their buses are off the lobby...which means no matter what floor you are on, if you are close to the elevator off the lobby, you are 'close to transportation'.

So last year, we (me plus a 7 and 8 year old) ended up in a fantastic garden view room on the 3rd floor with a view of SAB and Epcot fireworks...and that room was steps away from the elevator, which made it really, really, REALLY easy to get out to the buses or to SAB or to the walkway to Epcot. If I'd have had to walk down endless hallways to the end wings of YC with my kids, it would not have been pretty. So glad we ended up where we did.

YC is spread out. You can be on the ground floor or 3rd floor and still have a schlep to get to the lobby if you are in the farther most wing. Really, the floor doesn't make the difference in ease of access to buses/pool/boardwalk...being close to the elevator/lobby is what counts.

So my advice is to figure out if you really want a balcony or if you're cool with a patio...and check in online or fax or call and request a floor AND request that your room be close to transportation.

page 106-108

As I mentioned in a previous post, I am so happy to hear the positive feedback about recent stays at the resort.

:cool1:

Just returned! Loved, loved LOVED YC. Wish we'd stayed there the whole time. Won't make that mistake again, I am hooked! :) The grounds, the service, the pool, the area, all fantastic. We didn't take any buses, so I can't speak to that but the boat service seemed to run fairly often, we waited about 10 minutes the first time and there was one at the dock already the next time. Planned to walk to Epcot our last day, but we were all just so exhausted we decided to forgo the park that day.

About the bounceback: My TA called and booked it for us. I asked her to book the room discount, but she did tell me they offered the free dining one as well, but it is only available through 11/15. Values are included, I had her check Pop as well as YC and POFQ/POR for availability. Hope this is helpful :)

So glad to hear you had a great time!

So do you have a bounceback scheduled? Where/When?

:goodvibes

Had an awesome stay at the YC! I don't think I will ever stay at a moderate again :) The rooms and grounds were beautiful. I don't have any complaints at all.

The service was really outstanding. I took down some names of some great cast members and wanted to let Disney know. Does anyone know how I communicate this to Disney? Do I just email through the Disney website or does Yacht Club have their own email?

:woohoo:

I'm glad your stay was fantastic, and thank you for taking the time to compliment the ones who helped make your stay special.

Had a WONDERFUL stay at Yacht Club last week

One thing I noticed is it seemed ALL the rooms AT YC had full balconies and chairs, but many rooms at BC did not-some had "fake" Juliet type balconies, many just had windows

:cheer2:

Thanks for letting us know about your trip.

Yes, you are correct, the YC rooms have mostly full balconies (I know of one that does not), but only about 50% of the rooms at the Beach Club have the larger balconies.

::yes::

Thanks for the feedback on your trip. So happy to hear you loved the Yacht Club

:wave2:

Good to see you here again.

Yes, it is time for you to come on back for a stay, after your royal treatment on the cruise. Have a fantastic time!

:banana: :banana: :banana:

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list. Beach Club or Yacht Club?

Can someone add me to the Be Our Guest list? I'll be staying at the Beach Club with some of my sorority sisters and our spouses February 19-24 for the Princess Half-Marathon. Thanks!

I will gladly add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:goodvibes

TOMORROW!!!!

:cool1: x 5

It's only a day away!!! Except now it is TODAY!!!

Have a fantastic time!

Checking in in 20 days and just wondering if the club level lounge that was just renovated will be open or are we being relocated somewhere else?

It should be open. Projections are the floor will be open at the end of November.

:)

Me too!
We are arriving on the (March) 5th. Did same dates last year at YC, and pool was open, but not sure if they did the maintenance last year.
We may switch to WL, because we spend most of our vacation at the resort by the pool, and I don't want to worry about a partially closed pool...

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for March. Yacht Club again?

We have been planning for over a year to stay at BC because of SAB and the slide specifically and they decide to announce two months before it will be closed. The kids will be so disappointed. Saw it posted on wdwinfo.

Do you think they'll allow us to swim at BWI in cases like this? Part of the reason we stay deluxe is for amenities and water slides for the kids.

So bummed.

ETA wdwinfo specifically says the slide and bridge 1 will be closed. What is bridge 1?

Sorry to hear about your disappointment with the slide.

In the past, when the Jib Slide has been closed, resort guests are given permission to use the Luna pool/slide at the Boardwalk and transportation via golf cart is provided if wanted.

Has anyone who is booked for a trip to the YC/BC in Jan or Feb received a letter or email from the resort about the pool maintenance? If so, would you mind sharing what it says with us?

Thanks!

Dee - so excited. I was just able to add December 5 to our trip. We have an afternoon flight and had a one night booked at POFQ but a BC room just opened up! So we are now at BC December 5 - 10 instead of checking in on the 6th! Three weeks from today! :) :) :)

Insert dancing bananas (I am on my phone app)

Rebecca

Dee - so excited. I was just able to add December 5 to our trip. We have an afternoon flight and had a one night booked at POFQ but a BC room just opened up! So we are now at BC December 5 - 10 instead of checking in on the 6th! Three weeks from today! :) :) :)

Insert dancing bananas (I am on my phone app)

Rebecca

:banana::banana::banana:

I'll change your listing!

page 106-108
Has anyone who is booked for a trip to the YC/BC in Jan or Feb received a letter or email from the resort about the pool maintenance? If so, would you mind sharing what it says with us?

Thanks!

I have not. I will post if/when I receive one though! :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter