2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, we'll be returning to our favorite "home" - the YC - for a quick, last minute pre-Turkey Day holiday (Nov 22-26). We have not stayed at either the YC or BC since Aug 2013. Anything new and exciting - or troubling and concerning :scared: - we should be aware of before our arrival?

The deluxe CL rooms are oversized and larger than the Water View CL rooms. The Water View CL rooms are all located on the 5th floor (the same floor as the CL lounge). The deluxe rooms are not on the 5th floor. They are located either close to quiet pool with view of that pool and slight Crescent Lake view or there are a couple of deluxe rooms overlooking back entrance of BC with partial SAB view or Crescent Lake.

Yes, the Water View CL rooms have full balconies. The majority of the deluxe CL rooms have great oversized balconies.

The extra space in the deluxe room is really wonderful, but given it is just the two of you, this may not be important to you and the proximity to the lounge may be more important.

thanks-

I think we'll switch from the YC CL water view to the BC CL water view rooms. Since the BC rooms will be "new" compared to the "older" YC rooms!!! As long as I can get my lagoon view with a balcony (love to sit and people watch early in the AM) then I'm good to go!!

:cool1::cool1:pixiedust:pixiedust::banana::banana:

Boy it sure is quiet around here.....

Perhaps everyone is waiting at the bus stop for the buses that are SO FULL from loading up at the Yacht Club that not a single additional human being from the Beach Club can fit...

~Alternate Theory~ All of the Beach and Yacht Club thread regulars are passed out drunk in the bushes from Food and Whine overindulgence.... (Couchy I'm looking at you!)

~Janetmom theory~ She is busy knitting a Christmas tree cozy to keep her artificial tree warm during the Canadian Polar Vortex of frostyness that will be here any minute.

Hmm.... That trip that Nannette and I are taking will be here SOON ENOUGH!
Perhaps we can try for a sneak peak at the new BC rooms, or at a minimum do another photo shoot for the calendar featuring "Women who lounge on tacky new Beach Club room rugs".

... and just in time for Christmas!

~NM
Guilty as charged:faint: Actually on my short trip I made it without incidents of random drunkenness, although I saw things that made me want to drink more:lmao::lmao:

Also when I saw you and Nanette were headed down I started crunching numbers:rotfl: Miss you guys
I would go find security and point them out! SAB is the nicest pool on property, according to many, and it isn't allowed to bring guests that aren't staying there to swim. I have no problem with folks going to have a drink at the pool bar, but they shouldn't be holding chairs for a long time and shouldn't bring others to use the pool if it's crowded like that. I totally wouldn't say anything or really complain if there were lots of empty chairs personally (I'm not a confrontational person), but this seems to be inconveniencing a lot of guests like you.

Weird, they checked my band when I was there

Soon, soon you and Nanette will be tormenting WDW. Have a great time and send back live updates for those of us who must live through you.

:)

Also when I saw you and Nanette were headed down I started crunching numbers:rotfl: Miss you guys

OMG that would have been amazing!!

I am so looking forward to packing this week... first I must get through 2 Dr. appts for DH... don't really like my new normal :confused3 but I am learning to deal with a lot of stuff and let a lot of stuff go!! Always good in everything :)

~N

OMG that would have been amazing!!

I am so looking forward to packing this week... first I must get through 2 Dr. appts for DH... don't really like my new normal :confused3 but I am learning to deal with a lot of stuff and let a lot of stuff go!! Always good in everything :)

~N

Hello from Vegas. I've been so busy helping Jeanne with school, consignment sale prep and playing with Princess Lily. Weather here has been wonderful but too dry for my taste. Sorry I haven't been on the thread ... but I wanted you all to know I'm alive and will be back in the lobby of the BC next Sunday. Can't wait to see all the Disers that are staying with us!!!!

Checked in yesterday, and so far we have had an amazing time! We were here well before our room was ready, so we spent a leisurely 3 hours resting by the pool. We did the Jingle Jungle 5k yesterday morning, so the rest was more than welcome!!

Our room location is far walk down the hallway, but when we want to take the bus, we just have a short walk! LOL

Already planning on coming back next year for this same weekend, hoping to stay here at the BC again in a 2 bedroom villa with the in laws and the kids!!

So, we'll be returning to our favorite "home" - the YC - for a quick, last minute pre-Turkey Day holiday (Nov 22-26). We have not stayed at either the YC or BC since Aug 2013. Anything new and exciting - or troubling and concerning :scared: - we should be aware of before our arrival?

The only things that I can think of are the Magic Bands might be new for you. And Kouzina's restaurant at the Boardwalk is closed now.

Have a great trip. :)

Miss you too! Getting together will happen in the future again, I'm sure of it!
I plan on booking a bounce back for the dates of December 2nd to the 9th 2015 and staying at Pop. I am also thinking of going in May for the end of flower and Garden and the first Star Wars Weekends from the 13th to the 20th (Pop) and then there is the family trip to CBR that will be from Feb. 20th to the 28th.

Hello from Vegas. I've been so busy helping Jeanne with school, consignment sale prep and playing with Princess Lily. Weather here has been wonderful but too dry for my taste. Sorry I haven't been on the thread ... but I wanted you all to know I'm alive and will be back in the lobby of the BC next Sunday. Can't wait to see all the Disers that are staying with us!!!!

Nannette and I will be rolling in either before or after our lunch on Monday at Le Cellier at 12:50pm.

We are flying in Sunday and doing the Christmas party so that day will be CRaZY!

~NM

Having lunch right now at Beaches and Cream. five minute wait for the counter. Pool doesn't look crowded. Lots of open chairs. Didn't see Teena in the lobby. Will check on our way out.

Having lunch right now at Beaches and Cream. five minute wait for the counter. Pool doesn't look crowded. Lots of open chairs. Didn't see Teena in the lobby. Will check on our way out.

Enjoy your lunch!!!

Teena is in Vegas helping Jeanne with her classroom. She will be back in the lobby on Sunday, so you will probably miss her.

:(

So happy you are with your girls!! Can't wait to say hi on Monday!!

~N

The only things that I can think of are the Magic Bands might be new for you. And Kouzina's restaurant at the Boardwalk is closed now.

Have a great trip. :)

Oh great. Thanks.

No worries about Magic Bands. We experienced both MB and FP+ (and the headaches commonly associated with both) briefly last December while they were still in the testing phase.

Kouzzina's is closed! :scared1: Permanently? Oh no! That was actually on our hope-to-try list.

We will be staying at YC from April 21 - April 27, 2015. We're really looking forward to staying in the Epcot resort area! My boys are sad that they will miss the WL pool but I think once they see SAB they will forget all about WL. :rotfl2:

:wave2: enjoy your visit with your girls!!

Miss you too! Getting together will happen in the future again, I'm sure of it!
I plan on booking a bounce back for the dates of December 2nd to the 9th 2015 and staying at Pop. I am also thinking of going in May for the end of flower and Garden and the first Star Wars Weekends from the 13th to the 20th (Pop) and then there is the family trip to CBR that will be from Feb. 20th to the 28th.

Nannette and I will be rolling in either before or after our lunch on Monday at Le Cellier at 12:50pm.

We are flying in Sunday and doing the Christmas party so that day will be CRaZY!

~NM
What, no January or August dates in there :confused:
Enjoy your pretzel bread Monday!! I'm sure you'll be enjoying them for days :laughing:
Nah, I don't think we're drunk in the bushes, more likely in the laundry room or seceret closet :goodvibes

We will be staying at YC from April 21 - April 27, 2015. We're really looking forward to staying in the Epcot resort area! My boys are sad that they will miss the WL pool but I think once they see SAB they will forget all about WL. :rotfl2:
SAB is great! Best pool on property IMO. They'll love it.

The bounce back in my room at the beach club right now isn't free dining. It is a room discount. I'm pretty sure it offers different dates then the free dining also.

Hmmm, not to be the bearer of bad news, but I don't think those dates are included in the bounceback offer.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3311460&page=18

See post 267.

Thanks for the info on the bounce back. :thumbsup2 I will call and see what the deal is when I check in. Apparently Disney is using the hotel rooms as a loss leader and the strategy is to lock you in on site so you pay enormous prices for food, merchandise and park tickets. That's why these discounts keep coming out despite warnings in the past that they would end.

I don't see the value resorts listed at all in the bounce back but I think they may be offered unadvertised. I think you might be right about my dates not being eligible for the bounce back. Unfortunately I am locked in for those dates because of a convention.

People wonder how I can afford to go to WDW so often. The trick is to have an annual pass, stay at a value resort under some sort of discount like a bounce back offer or the annual pass discount or even the Disney Visa discount and then do a grocery run at Walmart for breakfast and snacks and even sandwich stuff like lunch meat etc if the family is coming along on the trip. The object of these trips is to go to the parks, hang out with friends and try to give the mouse as little of my $$ as possible. We usually go out for a table service lunch 2 or 3 times during our week long visits. The rest is just eating on the fly... (not Buzzy!!)

For this trip it's around $81 dollars plus tax a night for the room. I'm staying only during the Weekday rates so I don't pay the Friday night and Saturday night room up charge and airfare round trip was $320. I think last year with the annual pass renewal it cost me $19 dollars per day if you broke down the pass cost per visit.

The key thing to remember is that there are room discounts out there and since they are offered as a percentage of the "rack rate" the biggest "savings" are the discounts offered for the Deluxe resorts like the Beach and Yacht Clubs.

~NM

page 104-106

Maybe a swim or walk around the Boardwalk. Are the BW performers out every night?

Mary

That's a good question about the Boardwalk performers. Does anyone know if there is a "schedule" posted anywhere. For me, they have always been hit or miss.

:goodvibes

BUMP!

I was on the beach watching the movie when Illuminations started when we were there in September. The view of the fireworks was partially obscured by the BC building closest to the International Gateway. So I walked to the boat dock and found a really great view a little more than half way up the boat dock. Just walk toward the end of the dock until you get the view you like. :thumbsup2

Thanks for that info. Never thought of that location, but it makes perfect sense! I'll add the boat dock to the suggestions of where to catch a redneck Illuminations show outside of EPCOT.

;)

Whoops, should have put the end date. March 4-9, 2015, that is.

Got it!

:thumbsup2

We'll be going to BC or YC Dec 2015. What is the difference between the Deluxe CL and the H2O view CL at BC? Don't they both have H2O views? Is the Deluxe CL room that much bigger than the regular H2O CL rooms?

Do the H2O CL rooms have balconies at the BC? I know they have balconies at the YC.

When I was looking at the prices, the Deluxe CL room was cheaper than the H2O CL rooms. I thought that this would be the opposite way.

Which one would you pick? only 2 of us going

thanks-

I think we'll switch from the YC CL water view to the BC CL water view rooms. Since the BC rooms will be "new" compared to the "older" YC rooms!!! As long as I can get my lagoon view with a balcony (love to sit and people watch early in the AM) then I'm good to go!!

:cool1::cool1:pixiedust:pixiedust::banana::banana:

:welcome: back!

I'll put you on the list.

:cool1:

Just an FYI- most, but not all, of the BC CL WV rooms have full balconies, so make sure you add that request to your reservation. According to my notes, There are 26 rooms in this category, 23 with full balconies and 3 with standing balconies.

Probably still worth the risk, especially with the renovated room.

Kouzzina's is closed! :scared1: Permanently? Oh no! That was actually on our hope-to-try list.

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:woohoo:

Bummer about Kouzzina. I tried it for breakfast and dinner for the first (and last) time during my short trip in August and it didn't disappoint!

There's an Italian restaurant going in its place.

Checked in yesterday, and so far we have had an amazing time! We were here well before our room was ready, so we spent a leisurely 3 hours resting by the pool. We did the Jingle Jungle 5k yesterday morning, so the rest was more than welcome!!

Our room location is far walk down the hallway, but when we want to take the bus, we just have a short walk! LOL

Already planning on coming back next year for this same weekend, hoping to stay here at the BC again in a 2 bedroom villa with the in laws and the kids!!

Thanks for checking in with us! Let us know if you do get a reservation for next year.

:goodvibes

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1 (Post 15) of this thread.

:yay:

If you haven't checked it out yet, there is a lot of info, pictures and links all about Stormalong Bay in Posts 2 and 3 of this thread.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Just FYI, we had an evacuation this morning at YC and BC from about 10-1130 ish. Rumor is that a construction worker at BC broke a sprinkler and tripped the alarm. I don't know if any of the rooms at BC were damaged. I'm willing to bet that they are running behind today on cleaning rooms so checking in might take longer than normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter