2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as I know, they are still checking Magic Bands for pool entry. I have a friend who is there now and I will ask her what they were doing today. I suspect that this person has found a way to circumvent the rules to get their friends in.

:sad2:

The three of us were there 2 weeks ago. They would check my husband's band, then say, "Oh, you're all together, just come in." We weren't using the slide, so they didn't bother giving us the wristbands. In this way, those people could certainly get their friends in, as long as they have Magic Bands on and they are waved through. That really burns my biscuits!

:furious:

Just booked for mid-May, Beach club club level! (Tentatively 15-23 but changeable if flights don't work out). Hopefully for Star Wars weekends.

If I booked standard club level room am I guaranteed to be on the 5th floor? We did club level at Boardwalk a few years ago in one of the little cottage things and while it was nice I think it would have been nicer to actually be close to the lounge. Obviously I did a different room category that time though. Just wondering if club level actually physically means you're on the same level as the club or if that is something I should request.

Also I thought this was a good idea because renovations would be finished on that part already, right?

My very first onsite trip was yacht club like about a million years ago!

phyllis1966 said:
The three of us were there 2 weeks ago. They would check my husband's band, then say, "Oh, you're all together, just come in." We weren't using the slide, so they didn't bother giving us the wristbands. In this way, those people could certainly get their friends in, as long as they have Magic Bands on and they are waved through. That really burns my biscuits!

:furious:

I personally don't know how they pulled this off either. They definitely scanned our bands and everyone else's that I saw. Apparently they found a loop hole. I thought about saying something but I wasn't really sure who to say what to. Plus the family wasn't there yet so I didn't want to turn it into a he said, she said thing. Overall I am happy with our stay. We plan on having more pool time tomorrow so hopefully it will be better. I'll use this as my public service announcement. ...... PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF OTHERS. YES, THERE ARE 6 PEOPLE IN YOUR PARTY....ARE YOU ALL REALLY GOING TO BE SITTING AT THE SAME TIME? DO YOU REALLY NEED 6 CHAIRS? PROBABLY NOT.

Just booked for mid-May, Beach club club level! (Tentatively 15-23 but changeable if flights don't work out). Hopefully for Star Wars weekends. If I booked standard club level room am I guaranteed to be on the 5th floor? We did club level at Boardwalk a few years ago in one of the little cottage things and while it was nice I think it would have been nicer to actually be close to the lounge. Obviously I did a different room category that time though. Just wondering if club level actually physically means you're on the same level as the club or if that is something I should request. Also I thought this was a good idea because renovations would be finished on that part already, right? My very first onsite trip was yacht club like about a million years ago!
All of the standard club level rooms are on the 5th floor. The only rooms with club level access that are not on the fifth floor are the deluxe rooms. Unless you get a free upgrade to a deluxe room you would be on the fifth floor.

The rehab on the fifth floor rooms is supposed to be completed by the end of this month. I can't wait to see what the refurbished rooms look like.

I personally don't know how they pulled this off either. They definitely scanned our bands and everyone else's that I saw. Apparently they found a loop hole. I thought about saying something but I wasn't really sure who to say what to. Plus the family wasn't there yet so I didn't want to turn it into a he said, she said thing. Overall I am happy with our stay. We plan on having more pool time tomorrow so hopefully it will be better. I'll use this as my public service announcement. ...... PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF OTHERS. YES, THERE ARE 6 PEOPLE IN YOUR PARTY....ARE YOU ALL REALLY GOING TO BE SITTING AT THE SAME TIME? DO YOU REALLY NEED 6 CHAIRS? PROBABLY NOT.

I would have said something to one of the lifeguards about this person.

Pool Lounge hogs are pretty much a complaint at all the resorts. IF it's only a towel on the lounge and no personal items, I just take the lounge chair.

I am still working on a budget and trying to find a way to stay at BC for our Christmas trip (also booked at Swan). I got an email or some other notification telling me it was time to customize my magic bands. If I do this and they ship and then I cancel the reservation will they charge any more than they charge off site guests now able to buy bands and link to their park tickets? I don't want to miss out but also don't want to be charged a ridiculous amount for the bands. I've been searching the net and the DIS boards looking for an answer and cannot find anything.

I am still working on a budget and trying to find a way to stay at BC for our Christmas trip (also booked at Swan). I got an email or some other notification telling me it was time to customize my magic bands. If I do this and they ship and then I cancel the reservation will they charge any more than they charge off site guests now able to buy bands and link to their park tickets? I don't want to miss out but also don't want to be charged a ridiculous amount for the bands. I've been searching the net and the DIS boards looking for an answer and cannot find anything.
There is a discussion thread called Throwaway rooms over on the Theme Park forum where they discuss this topic. If I wasn't on my iPad right now I would post the link. But I don't think they charge people for the MBs in a situation like yours.

There is a discussion thread called Throwaway rooms over on the Theme Park forum where they discuss this topic. If I wasn't on my iPad right now I would post the link. But I don't think they charge people for the MBs in a situation like yours.

Never heard the term "throwaway room"-very odd. Not at all my plan or purpose. Truly just trying to figure out things and keeping my options open, but after reading several pages of that thread=GUILT! Will need to make my mind up sooner rather than later. At least no guilt in making my FP+. Swan/Dolphin guests do get that privilege.

Here in universal studios now, but heading over to the beach club tomorrow!! Super excited for my family's 1st Disney stay at the beach club resort!!!!!

page 102-104

Hey guys,

I am checking in to the beach club for our very first stay for one night next saturday (nov 15th). No trips to the park until sunday...

Any tips for requests for check in? things to do?

There are 8 of us going.

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1 of this thread.

Speaking of Page 1, in the 4th post I have the activities list and movie schedule posted for November, so you may want to look at that to see if any of the activities appeal to your group.

Post 4: Resort Activities
Monthly Activities Schedule, Movie on the Beach, Campfire, Pool Activities

If your group enjoys swimming, you should spend some time at Stormalong Bay, of course! There is the lazy river, slide and activities portions of the pool.

There is a nightly campfire and marshmallow roast after dark.

You can see some of the Illumniations fireworks from various places around the resort- from the pool area, the beach and if you walk over to the bridge between the Beach Club and Boardwalk, you can get a really nice view of the show. Here is the link from my trip report in July where I watched the fireworks.

Fireworks as Far as the Eye Can See

Now less than 6 months for me till I'll be there. Most of my dining reservations made including Yachtsman, Cape May and Captain's Grill. (also got one for the new restaurant at Boardwalk 'Trattoria al Forno' Really looking forward to being able to get up in the morning, get my coffee in my refillable mug and go for a walk around the lake (fairly early riser here)
I'm still holding out hope for an annual pass discount so maybe I could get into club level. But not sure whether that will be possible (never taken advantage of an ap discount before) I will be on the deluxe dining plan so not sure how much I'd be able to take advantage of the lounge if I did get in CL? Would be cool to try at least once though.

It is certainly worth checking out the price of switching to CL with an AP discount, however...

The Deluxe Dining Plan has a lot of food period, and adding CL will certainly magnify that. My favorite part of CL is breakfast, so if you are using a lot of your dining credits for signature restaurants and still need a place to get food in the morning, CL would work. If you will be hanging around the resort/pool a lot during the day, it is nice to pop into the lounge for a light snack or soft drink, or beer/wine/nightcap.

If you will be spending most of your time in the parks, and not returning to the resort until after 9 or 10, then you may not be getting a lot of use out of the lounge.

Your reservations are already made, so it sounds like you don't need those services.

:)

Would you please add us to the BOG list? March 4th, 2015. We didn't get enough of SAB in October, do we are foregoing BWV once more for BCV. Hope WDWKOOK can forgive us. Thanks!

:welcome: back!

Will do!

:cool1:

Just booked for mid-May, Beach club club level! (Tentatively 15-23 but changeable if flights don't work out). Hopefully for Star Wars weekends.

If I booked standard club level room am I guaranteed to be on the 5th floor? We did club level at Boardwalk a few years ago in one of the little cottage things and while it was nice I think it would have been nicer to actually be close to the lounge. Obviously I did a different room category that time though. Just wondering if club level actually physically means you're on the same level as the club or if that is something I should request.

Also I thought this was a good idea because renovations would be finished on that part already, right?

My very first onsite trip was yacht club like about a million years ago!

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1 of this thread.

Yes, all of the regular club level rooms are on the 5th floor, so you don't need to request that.

As you indicated, renovations on that floor should be all set by the time of your trip.

:thumbsup2

I have updated the Be Our Guest list with info from the past week.

Please take a moment to look it over to make sure I have your information listed correctly.

Thank you!

Post 15: Be Our Guest list

I have updated the Be Our Guest list with info from the past week. Please take a moment to look it over to make sure I have your information listed correctly. Thank you! Post 15: Be Our Guest list .

Not a big deal, but we added on an extra day to our trip. Our dates are now Sep 26 to Oct. 3. I decided that it would be nice to arrive the afternoon/evening before our trip and wake up at BC on Sunday morning. I'm thinking of a Cape May dinner that Saturday evening. Maybe a swim or walk around the Boardwalk. Are the BW performers out every night?

I just read Kathy Wherling's blog on BC on Wdwinfo. She was told the end date for room renos at BC would be August 22, 2015. Sure hope that is correct!

Thanks again for this amazing thread!

Mary

Not a big deal, but we added on an extra day to our trip. Our dates are now Sep 26 to Oct. 3. I decided that it would be nice to arrive the afternoon/evening before our trip and wake up at BC on Sunday morning. I'm thinking of a Cape May dinner that Saturday evening. Maybe a swim or walk around the Boardwalk. Are the BW performers out every night?

I just read Kathy Wherling's blog on BC on Wdwinfo. She was told the end date for room renos at BC would be August 22, 2015. Sure hope that is correct!

Thanks again for this amazing thread!

Mary

I'll make the change

:)

I'm going to check out the blog.

Really, an exact date for the end of the room renovations??? Color me skeptical- I'm sure anyone who has been involved in a renovation work has dealt with changing completion times and I would be surprised to hear someone in the know giving out that detailed of a completion estimate so early in the project. I haven't seen an official projected end date, just a vague-ish 10-12 months for each resort.

The time roughly seems correct, but don't quote me on that.

That's a good question about the Boardwalk performers. Does anyone know if there is a "schedule" posted anywhere. For me, they have always been hit or miss.

:goodvibes

ETA- interesting read. I do see where she got the dates. They are posted on the DIS Themeparks Rehab listing. I wonder if this is an end date appearing on a construction filing. Don't know.

5 more days till we arrive at the Yacht Club! So excited!! Just wondering how good the WiFi service is at this resort?

You can see some of the Illumniations fireworks from various places around the resort- from the pool area, the beach and if you walk over to the bridge between the Beach Club and Boardwalk, you can get a really nice view of the show.

I was on the beach watching the movie when Illuminations started when we were there in September. The view of the fireworks was partially obscured by the BC building closest to the International Gateway. So I walked to the boat dock and found a really great view a little more than half way up the boat dock. Just walk toward the end of the dock until you get the view you like. :thumbsup2

5 more days till we arrive at the Yacht Club! So excited!! Just wondering how good the WiFi service is at this resort?

We had good wifi when we stayed at the YC in September. But I think it all depends on your room location. We were close to the lobby, which I think helped a lot.

gometros said:
Would you please add us to the BOG list? March 4th, 2015. We didn't get enough of SAB in October, do we are foregoing BWV once more for BCV. Hope WDWKOOK can forgive us. Thanks!

Whoops, should have put the end date. March 4-9, 2015, that is.

Boy it sure is quiet around here.....

Perhaps everyone is waiting at the bus stop for the buses that are SO FULL from loading up at the Yacht Club that not a single additional human being from the Beach Club can fit...

~Alternate Theory~ All of the Beach and Yacht Club thread regulars are passed out drunk in the bushes from Food and Whine overindulgence.... (Couchy I'm looking at you!)

~Janetmom theory~ She is busy knitting a Christmas tree cozy to keep her artificial tree warm during the Canadian Polar Vortex of frostyness that will be here any minute.

Hmm.... That trip that Nannette and I are taking will be here SOON ENOUGH!
Perhaps we can try for a sneak peak at the new BC rooms, or at a minimum do another photo shoot for the calendar featuring "Women who lounge on tacky new Beach Club room rugs".

... and just in time for Christmas!

~NM

There is no need for a tree cozy at the moment, but I'm considering knitting drink cup holders so I can continue to comfortably hold a tall cold Sunken Treasure in the midst of winter.

Soon, soon you and Nanette will be tormenting WDW. Have a great time and send back live updates for those of us who must live through you.

We'll be going to BC or YC Dec 2015. What is the difference between the Deluxe CL and the H2O view CL at BC? Don't they both have H2O views? Is the Deluxe CL room that much bigger than the regular H2O CL rooms?

Do the H2O CL rooms have balconies at the BC? I know they have balconies at the YC.

When I was looking at the prices, the Deluxe CL room was cheaper than the H2O CL rooms. I thought that this would be the opposite way.

Which one would you pick? only 2 of us going

We'll be going to BC or YC Dec 2015. What is the difference between the Deluxe CL and the H2O view CL at BC? Don't they both have H2O views? Is the Deluxe CL room that much bigger than the regular H2O CL rooms? Do the H2O CL rooms have balconies at the BC? I know they have balconies at the YC. When I was looking at the prices, the Deluxe CL room was cheaper than the H2O CL rooms. I thought that this would be the opposite way. Which one would you pick? only 2 of us going

The deluxe CL rooms are oversized and larger than the Water View CL rooms. The Water View CL rooms are all located on the 5th floor (the same floor as the CL lounge). The deluxe rooms are not on the 5th floor. They are located either close to quiet pool with view of that pool and slight Crescent Lake view or there are a couple of deluxe rooms overlooking back entrance of BC with partial SAB view or Crescent Lake.

Yes, the Water View CL rooms have full balconies. The majority of the deluxe CL rooms have great oversized balconies.

The extra space in the deluxe room is really wonderful, but given it is just the two of you, this may not be important to you and the proximity to the lounge may be more important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter