2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone!!!

I hope you are all well! We have decided last minute to head to Orlando this Friday to Wed. Of course BC/YC is booked so we are staying at POR. We actually don't plan on visiting parks this trip and I need suggestions from you wise ones for non park activities. LOL

I was thinking of visiting resorts to see Christmas decorations, downtown Disney and definitely pool time.

Teena, are you around any during that time.

I need to read back and catch up on everyone. I have had a computer vacation the past few months. :-)

Thanks all!

Visit all the monorail resorts. Have a drink or a meal while you are at it. If you go at night you can see Wishes and the Water Parade

Well, nothing works as planned... now our flight has been canceled. We will arrive on 18.2. instead of 19.2.
Now we have 3 different bookings for our BC stay. Wondering if they can manage to give us one room for the complete stay or we have to move twice... (first night is garden view, other nights standard view)
In case you wonder why we did not simply prolong our stay: first stay was special offer via Disney UK. Then we switched to Disney US for room only reservation because it was much cheaper.

Hey all!! Just arrived today at Beach Club, only to find out we were UPGRADED to a deluxe room and CLUB LEVEL!!! Seriously- it is the most amazing Christmas gift we could ever get. We are a family of five, visiting Beach Club for the second time. Super excited, and can't believe the magic I already feel being here!! What a gift! More information and pictures to come!

What a great Christmas gift!pixiedust: Your family must have been very good this past year. I cannot wait to hear more about your stay and see pictures. Have a great Christmas.

Thanks Dee!! Will definitely pay her (and my favorite place on earth:)) a visit!
Hope your family has been well!

Ninjamom and Janet! Ya'll forever crack me up...:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Visit all the monorail resorts. Have a drink or a meal while you are at it. If you go at night you can see Wishes and the Water Parade

What a fantastic idea!!!! :cool1::cool1:Do you know what time the water parade is?

Hi everyone!!!

I hope you are all well! We have decided last minute to head to Orlando this Friday to Wed. Of course BC/YC is booked so we are staying at POR. We actually don't plan on visiting parks this trip and I need suggestions from you wise ones for non park activities. LOL

I was thinking of visiting resorts to see Christmas decorations, downtown Disney and definitely pool time.

Teena, are you around any during that time.

I need to read back and catch up on everyone. I have had a computer vacation the past few months. :-)

Thanks all!

There are a lot of things to do at Fort Wilderness. There is a free Chip and Dale Campfire Sing Along at night. There is a stable where you can visit the horses. They have horseback riding and archery there, too. You can go through the campgrounds at night and see the Christmas decorations that some of the campers put up.

The Wilderness Lodge has beautiful Christmas decorations. Don't miss the WL villas buidling for more decorations. Check out the Carolwood Pacific room at the villas where they have some memorabilia from Walt Disney, including two of his train cars from the train that he had at his home in California.

The Wilderness Lodge has a free lodge tour at 9am Wednesday through Saturday. They have free cookie decorating on Saturdays from 2pm to 3pm on Saturdays in Roaring Forks. There are two boat routes there, too. One that travels between the WL and MK. The other travels between the Contemporary, WL and FW (Fort Wilderness). The boat to the Contemporary is a good way to get to the monorail. The electric water parade is at 9:35pm from the WL.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO MY DIS FAMILY!

beachclubentrance.jpg

lighthouse.jpg

Merry Christmas to all my dis family!

My mom got me the coolest gift. When we ate at the Flying Fish, I commented on how much I loved the espresso cups. My mom must have asked the waitress where they came from. She got me four of them. They are awesome! And, in case anyone is curious, they come from Macy's. I'll try to post a photo of anyone is curious. But it was so thoughtful and reminds me of our summer Disney trip.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful Christmas. It's been a couple if months since my last post so I spent some time catching up. My question: we are a family of 5 with the kids being 12, 9 and 3 at the time of check in. We have a BC GV room. I had requested a full balcony because I was told being a family of 5 we would get a daybed. However, the more I read, I'm thinking I should request a daybed just to ensure us having one. I would love a balcony with an upper floor but a daybed is a priority. What do all of you suggest?

I hope everyone is having a wonderful Christmas. It's been a couple if months since my last post so I spent some time catching up. My question: we are a family of 5 with the kids being 12, 9 and 3 at the time of check in. We have a BC GV room. I had requested a full balcony because I was told being a family of 5 we would get a daybed. However, the more I read, I'm thinking I should request a daybed just to ensure us having one. I would love a balcony with an upper floor but a daybed is a priority. What do all of you suggest?

You have to be given a room that has bed space for everyone in your family over the age of 3, so you should have priority for a room with a daybed without requesting one. In the very rare instance that there are not any rooms available with a daybed when you checkin then you would be given a room with a rollaway daybed.

You are probably all set just requesting an upper floor room with a full balcony.

:thumbsup2

I guess you can delete me from the BOG list. I am no longer going. :sad:

But instead, I am going to walk the Camino de Santiago, so that's good! :dance3:

Thanks Natebenma! I'm starting to worry about little things right now. This will be our first trip in 7 years and only my second time. The last time we went my youngest wasn't born and the girls were only 2 & 5, so it's almost like a first trip for them. The girls will be having birthdays when we are there so I really want it to be special. We are going during Easter week so I know the crowds will be crazy and it's costing a ton if money since no discounts are offered so I just want it to go well. Now I'm worried about construction, daybeds, which you've made me feel a little better, and pool refurb! The first time we went we were at the Caribbean and the pool was under construction, so hoping for better luck this time! Maybe even a refurbed room :)

We had 10 "magical" nights booked at the Poly for August 16-26 and I started thinking we've never stayed at an Epcot resort. Checked into pricing and made the change to a split stay. We're now staying 5 nights at Poly August 16-21 and 5 nights at the Yacht Club August 21-26. This is our 6th trip to WDW and our 1st stay at both the Poly and Yacht Club. Looking forward to Stormalong Bay.

Martin

We had 10 "magical" nights booked at the Poly for August 16-26 and I started thinking we've never stayed at an Epcot resort. Checked into pricing and made the change to a split stay. We're now staying 5 nights at Poly August 16-21 and 5 nights at the Yacht Club August 21-26. This is our 6th trip to WDW and our 1st stay at both the Poly and Yacht Club. Looking forward to Stormalong Bay.

Martin

That sounds awesome! The best of both worlds! I always have the toughest time choosing between Beach Club vs. GF or Poly.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all. Teena, hope the trip back home was uneventful and that you have things in order for the special visitors you have coming next week.

Katesdad

Hi everyone,

Merry Christmas. My family of 5 have stayed at the BC several times over the last few years and have always stayed garden view (sometimes concierge) and have always got lucky with a full balcony (I always request it).

However, this year I have got a very good rate through a TA block booking that is only for standard view and my question is whether this is likely to make it less easy to get a full balcony. Basically are there as many full balconies on standard view as garden view. To make things more complicated we are a family of 5 so need the day bed. I really love sitting on the balcony so if it is going to significantly reduce my chance of getting a balcony I may pass on the offer.

Thanks for any advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter