2013 open for booking

Just a quick note regarding what we believe is a GREAT deal! So much negative energy about price increases I had to pass this along...

7 night Eastern Caribbean on the Fantasy:

Cruise date is 12/14/2013 :santa: and the total for 2A/2C is $4,880.88, no insurance or transfers. (kids only cost $255 each :))

Looking forward to our first cruise in a Cat 00V!

Looks like a mistake on the website (given the pricing for all the other categories). Awesome deal! I'm hoping they honor it since you already have it booked.

I wish I could cruise at that time. I would book that one for sure ;)

I feel like I hit the lottery!

This morning when I saw that the booking dates had opened up for the the 2013 Fantasy sailings, I quickly began quoting the 7-night Eastern for March. There seemed to be a glitch for the week of March 23. There was some weird coding underneath the date and no itinerary listed. :confused3

But I noticed it was MUCH cheaper than the other weeks in March...so I gambled and put a hold on the cruise. 2 Adults, 3 Kids in a 04D (Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah).

No Air
No Insurance
No Transfers

Grand Total: $4,252 :yay:

Was this right??? What was happening? Did I miss something??

When I paid the deposit I noticed it went up by a thousand dollars after my credit card went through. Then I quickly requoted the cruise just to see what was happening. The next quote I received was for $7600 for the same room and same week :scared1:

I called DCL and after the CM talked to her manager she came back on and told me I was one of the lucky ones. There were in fact several glitches on the website reservation system...they weren't allowed to take reservations over the phone because of the glitch, but since I had "snuck" in online, they would go ahead and honor the original quote! Unbelievable!!

Can't wait to be cruising March 2013!!

Looks like if you have teenagers or above(including adults), the 3rd and 4th guest rates change to $255. For children under 13, it charges the regular rate.

When I did it again (I used 12 and 13 before) with 6 and 8, I am still seeing a higher price? Not that it matters, I'm not booking, it's just weird the discrepencies out there.

I just booked the same Mar 23, 2013 Fantasy EC.

Cat 7A 2A 1 Teen 1 Child
Total $2974 from transferring a prior OBB

It was cheaper than the 4 night Dream for the exact same week. Must still be a glitch somewhere, but I booked it at that price.

II called DCL and after the CM talked to her manager she came back on and told me I was one of the lucky ones. There were in fact several glitches on the website reservation system...they weren't allowed to take reservations over the phone because of the glitch, but since I had "snuck" in online, they would go ahead and honor the original quote! Unbelievable!!

Can't wait to be cruising March 2013!!

I called and spoke to a DCL rep at 8:05 a.m. and we even talked about how much less that cruise was priced considering the fact that it is spring break for many people. I asked him if they can change the price once I pay the deposit if they do discover there is a problem and he said no they can't. :thumbsup2

I just hit Gold on our last cruise (beginning of this month) and thought this would be the first time I would get the "early booking" perk for Gold to change our dummy date. Well, for those who were confused, like me, as to why they didn't open booking up early booking for Gold and Platinum members...they only offer early booking on "special itineraries", which the Dream and Fantasy are not doing any of in 2013.
That being said....we booked two Cat. 8D's for the Feb. 16th 7 day on the Fantasy...:cool1:

I know that people probably aren't interested in 3 day cruises but we got

February 7, 2013 Dream

1 adult and 1 child

no transfers

with insurance

Cat 5E (these are the oversized verandahs and they're cheaper than the 5As!)

I feel like we hit the jackpot with the aft oversized verandah!

Just a quick note regarding what we believe is a GREAT deal! So much negative energy about price increases I had to pass this along...

Cruise date is 12/14/2013 :santa: and the total for 2A/2C is $4,880.88, no insurance or transfers. (kids only cost $255 each :))

That's the same price I got for the 3rd passenger for the Jan. 2013 sailings. A great deal in my opinion for the additional adults in a cat. V.

Looks like a mistake on the website (given the pricing for all the other categories). Awesome deal! I'm hoping they honor it since you already have it booked.

I wish I could cruise at that time. I would book that one for sure ;)
Many of the concierge sailings are offering that price for the 3rd-5th passengers.

I know that people probably aren't interested in 3 day cruises but we got

February 7, 2013 Dream

1 adult and 1 child

no transfers

with insurance

Cat 5E (these are the oversized verandahs and they're cheaper than the 5As!)

I feel like we hit the jackpot with the aft oversized verandah!

We love the oversized verandah rooms!! Congrats!

That's the same price I got for the 3rd passenger for the Jan. 2013 sailings. A great deal in my opinion for the additional adults in a cat. V.

Many of the concierge sailings are offering that price for the 3rd-5th passengers.

I just pulled up the 12/14/13 cruise again to see and it looks like they fixed it. It is show showing $945 and $861 for the kid's prices on the OOV room.

I checked on the cruise I booked, just to see, and the kids prices in OOV are cheaper than the 4B that we booked. But the adult prices are way higher so no deal on that one for us.

We have decided to stick with Disney because it works for our family and it's worth it to us to pay a little more and get the Disney experience. However, with all the griping about prices (not bashing the griping, everyone is entitled to their opinion and to voice it ;)) I thought I would check out the price difference between Royal Caribbean and Disney. Comparing apples to apples as best I can this is what I came up with....

We are a family of 5 booked on the Fantasy on Feb 16th, two Cat 8D's, with the 10% rebooking discount we are paying a total of $5771, without the discount it would have been $6763.

I went on rccl and for a Western Caribbean leaving on Feb 16th, two ocean view categories (which don't even have an ocean view, it's a boardwalk view and they don't have connecting) for 5 people came to a total of $6259

It should also be mentioned that the stateroom sizes are significantly different. The Fantasy one is 241 sq ft, and the rccl one is only 187 sq ft.

I'm sure there are much bigger differences in price depending on when and where you are going, room type, what ship in rccl fleet, etc. But I just thought I would compare my sailing to something close to it on rccl. Happy booking all!

This is what I got.
b541b750.jpg

well color me disappointed... i kept hearing about how much opening day prices were better than later booking so i was all excited to book my dummy date on board for 2012 and wait for the good deals to our 2013 cruise. but i'm looking and there's only a $200-300 price difference between the 2012 and 2013 dates/ship i'm looking at. :( may as well just go in 2012 and not wait so long.

considering how much the dream prices shot up in a few months (i booked 6 months out and between then and the sailing my cabin went up $1300... which was crazy all on its own for a 4 night) i thought we could get a reasonable price for a 7 or 8 night (still waiting on the Magic out of NY dates) in 2013 on opening day but just not seeing it. unless all the deals were gone this morning and being a mere 6 hours late screwed us :laughing:

we very much enjoyed the Dream but not sure if it justifies these rates :(

We have decided to stick with Disney because it works for our family and it's worth it to us to pay a little more and get the Disney experience. However, with all the griping about prices (not bashing the griping, everyone is entitled to their opinion and to voice it ;)) I thought I would check out the price difference between Royal Caribbean and Disney. Comparing apples to apples as best I can this is what I came up with....

We are a family of 5 booked on the Fantasy on Feb 16th, two Cat 8D's, with the 10% rebooking discount we are paying a total of $5771, without the discount it would have been $6763.

I went on rccl and for a Western Caribbean leaving on Feb 16th, two ocean view categories (which don't even have an ocean view, it's a boardwalk view and they don't have connecting) for 5 people came to a total of $6259

It should also be mentioned that the stateroom sizes are significantly different. The Fantasy one is 241 sq ft, and the rccl one is only 187 sq ft.

I'm sure there are much bigger differences in price depending on when and where you are going, room type, what ship in rccl fleet, etc. But I just thought I would compare my sailing to something close to it on rccl. Happy booking all!

2 questions.
1. How did your price come to $5771? 10% of $6763 is $676.30, which would bring your price to roughly $6087.

2. You mentioned Royal Caribbean. What ship and what ports? When I price RCCL for same date, same itinerary, I got $5295 for 2 Jr. suites (297 sq ft) (75 sg ft) balcony.
The closest comparable room I could find on DCL is Cat OOV and the price is more than $10,000 for 2 rooms and the square footage is 304 INCLUDING Verandah.

2 questions.
1. How did your price come to $5771? 10% of $6763 is $676.30, which would bring your price to roughly $6087.

2. You mentioned Royal Caribbean. What ship and what ports?

That was probably 10% off the booking price she wad quoted when she did onboard, not the current price.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter