2013 Madeira Port Schedule Out!

I would love to do WBTA! However, DH thinks 2013 is the year to implement the "one cruise a year rule.". I think not! :lmao:

:rotfl2:

My dh keeps saying that too. :laughing: We had 2 booked with friends for 2012 until I heard the rumor that DCL may not be going to Alaska in 2013. Suddenly he's willing to add a 3rd when it's an itinerary he's really been wanting. Good thing he's willing to work OT! :love2: That, and I love Disney gift cards for Christmas & birthdays. Really, what else would I want more? :cloud9:

It's a real shame, but not for you I guess.
Maybe 2014 will have something different to spice it up!

Ex Techie :)

The combination of a late May sailing, the same ports as in previous years, and what looks like a possible sailing from Galveston means I am unlikely to book a DCL Transatlantic cruise in 2013.

I have had an April 2013 repositioning cruise booked on Royal Caribbean since June. Whether or not I go on it depends on what else is available on other ships, but it doesn't appear that DCL will be the replacement.

That sucks!

Out of interest, what would be your ultimate EBTA itinerary?!?
They all sound great to me having never done one! lol!

Maybe a DCL employee might see it and offer it in the future?

That sucks!

Out of interest, what would be your ultimate EBTA itinerary?!?
They all sound great to me having never done one! lol!

Maybe a DCL employee might see it and offer it in the future?

I loved our 16-night EBTA on the Emerald Princess last April from Ft. Lauderdale to Copenhagen. The 2012 itinerary is similar, except mine went to Bermuda and this year the ship goes to the Azores: http://www.princess.com/find/cruise...&duration=&tourdur=&orderBy=&filterBy=&order= My favorite WBTA was on Celebrity Constellation in Sept. 2009 with stops in Le Havre and Cherbourg, France; Cobh and Dublin, Ireland; Greenock, Scotland; Reykjavik, Iceland; St. John's, Newfoundland; Saint John, New Brunswick, and Bayonne, NJ. DCL's TA itineraries pale in comparison - especially the WBTA that stops in Tortola and St. Maarten. If I want to go to Caribbean ports, I'll book a Caribbean cruise!

i have a few questions i'm hoping my dis friends can answer. this is the first year i will be able to do a crossing so i'm really really looking forward to this happening.
for the wb, what is the weather going to be like in october? its hurricane season is it not?
what kind of pricing has it historically been? if i remember right, from looking at this in the past and drooling, it was pretty cheap and got cheaper as the day got closer. any one give me any ideas on this?
i know from reading the posts that no one has any idea for the future but with past wb's how many nights was it?
tia for all your help. i'm really excited that this may happen and i will be able to take advantage of it.

I loved our 16-night EBTA on the Emerald Princess last April from Ft. Lauderdale to Copenhagen. The 2012 itinerary is similar, except mine went to Bermuda and this year the ship goes to the Azores: http://www.princess.com/find/cruise...&duration=&tourdur=&orderBy=&filterBy=&order=
My favorite WBTA was on Celebrity Constellation in Sept. 2009 with stops in Le Havre and Cherbourg, France; Cobh and Dublin, Ireland; Greenock, Scotland; Reykjavik, Iceland; St. John's, Newfoundland; Saint John, New Brunswick, and Bayonne, NJ.
DCL's TA itineraries pale in comparison - especially the WBTA that stops in Tortola and St. Maarten. If I want to go to Caribbean ports, I'll book a Caribbean cruise!

To be be fair to DCL Nancy, that is a cruise, a TA crossing and a cruise after!
I don't know what the price comparison was, but that is certainly more than just an average TA (WBTA) sailing!

Great itinerary and port's thou!

To be be fair to DCL Nancy, that is a cruise, a TA crossing and a cruise after!
I don't know what the price comparison was, but that is certainly more than just an average TA (WBTA) sailing!

Great itinerary and port's thou!

Our WBTA on Celebrity was a 14-night northern crossing - the same length as DCL's. (I failed to mention in my previous post that the cruise began in Harwich, England.) It cost more than DCL's - as do most TA cruises with really desirable itineraries. If you look at the 2012 Transatlantic cruises on Royal Caribbean's web site - you can see that the run-of-the-mill southern crossings from Barcelona to FL via the Canary Islands are fairly inexpensive. The ones that sail via Iceland and the British Isles are much more popular - and also more expensive: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/finda...hip=&experience=&submit=Find+Cruises&state=NA (The prices have increased with the demand.)

There are Transatlantic cruises that sail with no port stops between the US and Europe - such as the 7-night cruises on Cunard between New York and Southampton, England. My mother would've loved that, whereas I'm not interested in cruising for the sake of cruising.

Sounds exciting - I would love the Magic to return to Europe! :)

iT'S DEFINITE....JUST SEEN SOME PORT AUTHORITY NOTICES FOR 2013

Disney Magic will be in Gibraltar Thursday 30th May 2013 06.00 to 18.30 and Monday 14th October 06.00 to 18.30. This info from the Gib Port Authority WHOOOO HOOO

I loved Villfranche. A stop in Naples would be nice, before heading to Venice! Anyone else had any luck finding port schedules? I tried looking for Santorina, but couldn't find the official site.

I loved Villfranche. A stop in Naples would be nice, before heading to Venice! Anyone else had any luck finding port schedules? I tried looking for Santorina, but couldn't find the official site.

I don't know what I'm doing but I tried and tried searching this morning for other European port schedules and had no luck. Personally I'm holding out for Greece! We were talking about doing Alaska this summer but would probably put that on hold if it was possible for us to do Eastern Med w/ Greece in 2013. Can't wait to see what unfolds!

I don't know what I'm doing but I tried and tried searching this morning for other European port schedules and had no luck.

It's not you. I was the one that found the Villefranche and Gibraltar schedules yesterday but after looking on and off all day I couldn't find any others. Very few of the port authorities have their schedules publicly available and the other couple that do have them up do not have 2013 dates up yet.

I don't know what I'm doing but I tried and tried searching this morning for other European port schedules and had no luck. Personally I'm holding out for Greece! We were talking about doing Alaska this summer but would probably put that on hold if it was possible for us to do Eastern Med w/ Greece in 2013. Can't wait to see what unfolds!

We are hoping for Greece and Italy too! I loved the western we did in 2010. But I don't think I can get DH to do another one. So we will be doing a Celebrity cruise of Greece, if DCL doesn't come through with one. Come on DCL, give us some word!

Has there been any scuttlebut of any "big announcements" coming? I haven't heard anything.

There's a part of me that hopes they wait until after February 5th so I can get a dummy booking to move. The other part of me just wants to know now!

It's not you. I was the one that found the Villefranche and Gibraltar schedules yesterday but after looking on and off all day I couldn't find any others. Very few of the port authorities have their schedules publicly available and the other couple that do have them up do not have 2013 dates up yet.
Ditto. Even Galveston doesn't have their 2013 schedule posted yet; I don't know how much control the cruise lines have over that, but I wouldn't think much. :confused3

Has there been any scuttlebut of any "big announcements" coming? I haven't heard anything.

There's a part of me that hopes they wait until after February 5th so I can get a dummy booking to move. The other part of me just wants to know now!

Mid-January has been mentioned on here but nothing specific.

Just waiting on them to post as I canceled my Hawaii and it is just sitting there waiting for this. Close to $1700! Bring it on TA!

OK! Armed and ready with my two dummy bookings!:banana::banana::banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter