2013 Madeira Port Schedule Out!

So, the ship would depart Port Canaveral about May 20th (Monday) or the previous weekend? Rats! My kids would have to miss the last 2 weeks of school . . . exams! Bummer!

Jodie

Not sure, but I'd look for a departure with a day at Castaway...then 6 sea days, and then Madeira. So if May 28 is a Tuesday, a Monday departure would be the latest possible day to make it...IF she is leaving from PC and doing a day at Castaway Cay. If they are using a different departure port, who knows. Of course, we know that the Dream and Fantasy are scheduled for the Sat and Sunday departures....so we're looking at either Monday or a different port.

Magic is in Galveston through the end of Dec 2012. So is it speculated she will be repositioned to PC during Spring 2013? Or start the EBTA from Galveston? :confused3

I've been looking at port authority web sites on and off all day and the only other dates I can find are for Villefranche.

Good spot - we decided that if DCL are coming back to Europe in 2013, we'll do one. Looks like I'd better get saving up!! ;)

Everyone is different of course, but for DH and I, it is one of our favorite ports in all of our cruises. We have been 3 times and cannot wait to go back in 2013! Our first time, we did the "Unforgettable West Madeira" tour offered through DCL. It is an all day tour and takes you to many stops. It is one of the most beautiful places with diverse landscapes I have ever seen and has a lot of charm! If you have any specific questions, feel free to PM me!
I completely agree, although we haven't done the West tour. We've seen Nun's valley, the southern coast, and the Eastern side, and we are in love with the island. I do think it's better to get out of Funchal and take in the scenery; the cliff views are breathtaking. I prefer this area to the Caribbean islands, but that's just me!

Magic is in Galveston through the end of Dec 2012. So is it speculated she will be repositioned to PC during Spring 2013? Or start the EBTA from Galveston? :confused3
DH was wondering the same thing, since RCI started the Voyager's EB in Galveston this year and PC is a bit crowded now. We could make it work :thumbsup2. This would also allow a new port or two.

Interesting info on the french riveria port..

I don't see how it gets from Gibraltar (Thur 30th) to Villefranche (Fri 31st) when the old schedules have it taking one sea day just to get to Barcelona.. but I guess anything is possible....??

The Villefranche schedule is also interesting, at least it gives days inbetween ports.. which makes it an interesting schedule to construct or speculate about as well

5/31
6/3 (3 days since last visit)
6/10 (7 days since last visit)
6/12 (2 days since last visit)
6/16 (4 days since last visit)

[where does it go here hmmm?]

6/28 (12 days)
7/5 (7 days)
7/10 (5 days)
7/14 (4 days)

[and where does it go here hmm?]
7/26 (12 days!)
8/7 (12 days!)

Maybe it's the altnerating W/E med that everyone thinks is going to happen

DH was wondering the same thing, since RCI started the Voyager's EB in Galveston this year and PC is a bit crowded now. We could make it work :thumbsup2. This would also allow a new port or two.

Yep! I knew others were starting from there - hope DCL could follow suit!

I've been looking at port authority web sites on and off all day and the only other dates I can find are for Villefranche (this is a long link so I hope it works):

http://www.riviera-ports.com/Displa...o=31/10/2013&company=&boat=DISNEY MAGIC&port=

All of the other ports for the rumoured itineraries either don't have schedules available or don't have the Magic listed.

It's interesting to note the number of days between stops in this port (as few as two); I can't wait to see what DCL has up their sleeves...lots to speculate about!:surfweb:

I've been looking at port authority web sites on and off all day and the only other dates I can find are for Villefranche (this is a long link so I hope it works):

http://www.riviera-ports.com/Displa...o=31/10/2013&company=&boat=DISNEY MAGIC&port=

All of the other ports for the rumoured itineraries either don't have schedules available or don't have the Magic listed.

Wow, unless they are just holding space until a final decision is made, the days between visits to Villefranche vary... 2,3,4,5, 7 and 12. Maybe they are doing a variety of itineraries? :confused:

I think either Disney are hedging their bets or some of those dates are mistakes. It's annoying that I can't find dates for any other Med ports to try and fill in some of the gaps. :sad2:

I think either Disney are hedging their bets or some of those dates are mistakes. It's annoying that I can't find dates for any other Med ports to try and fill in some of the gaps. :sad2:

Keep up the good sleuth work!

I am so happy that someone pointed me in this direction. Thrilled I might get another opportunity to take the west-bound TA.
I am subscribing to this thread, for sure!!!

I would love to do WBTA! However, DH thinks 2013 is the year to implement the "one cruise a year rule.". I think not! :lmao:

I am sooooo hoping for a WBTA!

Would love to combine it with a B2B Med cruise, but I suspect those will be out of my price range, especially since I will be cruising solo. If it is, I'll be more than happy with the TA! Hopefully the port it leaves from will be near an area that I'd like to spend a couple of days.

Keeping fingers crossed! (and toes)

It also has Magic in St Maarten on Oct 22. If she still home ports in Tx it can be as long as 16 nights or at least that is what Carnival did on the Magic. I think RCI was 15.

[SNIP]
I do Transatlantics for the ports, and I've been on 3 (Celebrity, Royal Caribbean, and Princess) that had very good to excellent itineraries. I haven't thought much of DCL's Transatlantic itineraries in the past, but here's hoping 2013 has something more interesting than Madeira, Gibraltar, and 2 ports in Spain.

So far it's shaping up to be the same old itinerary.

It's a real shame, but not for you I guess.
Maybe 2014 will have something different to spice it up!

Ex Techie :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter