2013 Madeira Port Schedule Out!

I guess someone at DCL has the job of keeping up
todate on all the fan websites:rotfl2: and then cover up found info so we can be in the dark again.

I am sure DCL has a love/hate relationship with all the websites. I am sure it generates a ton of business but sure makes it hard to keep things quiet.

Wouldn't that be an interesting job to have? Imagine having to surf the various fan sites all day and getting paid to do it?

"Dummy" bookings are reservations booked while on board one of the ships, that the person may, or may not, actually use for the date booked. Those reservations can be moved to another cruise and have a discount on the deposit required (typically about half what a reservation not booked on board has to pay) and also have an OBC from DCL based on your Castaway Club level and the length of the cruise booked on board.

In addition to perks mentioned by pp, there's a 10% discount off the pre-tax cruise fare for non-suite cabins.
Also the OBC offered from DCL for onboard bookings can be in addition to any OBC offered by a TA. DCL's OBCs increase the more you cruise on DCL which can be significant. For example, we are getting 2 cabins for our Alaska cruise. By then we'll be platinum level so that's $350 per cabin from DCL plus $200 each cabin from our TA for a total of $1100 OBCs. This is in addition to the $625 discount on cruise fare. I never ever disembark without at least a dummy date. Great when the dates you want haven't been released yet. :thumbsup2

Wow, that's a great deal! Cheaper than flying to BCN! :thumbsup2

Oh, OK... that definitely makes sense and I think we'll be doing that as well. I knew there was a benefit to booking while on board so I was already planning on doing so but it's good to know that it can be changed.

And as for flying in/out of BCN, we're planning on flying to Paris first because it's so much cheaper a lot of the time ($700pp CDG-Portland +$140 BCN-CDG vs $1500 BCN-PDX).

In addition to perks mentioned by pp, there's a 10% discount off the pre-tax cruise fare for non-suite cabins.
Also the OBC offered from DCL for onboard bookings can be in addition to any OBC offered by a TA. DCL's OBCs increase the more you cruise on DCL which can be significant. For example, we are getting 2 cabins for our Alaska cruise. By then we'll be platinum level so that's $350 per cabin from DCL plus $200 each cabin from our TA for a total of $1100 OBCs. This is in addition to the $625 discount on cruise fare. I never ever disembark without at least a dummy date. Great when the dates you want haven't been released yet. :thumbsup2

Wow, that's a great deal! Cheaper than flying to BCN! :thumbsup2

Hi, I just completed my 10'th cruise and have some others booked. Is platinum OBC 350.00 for 7+ nights??? Hope so!

Jill

Does anyone know what the OBC for Gold Members booking onboard is?

Thanks

Just got off the phone with DCL.... CM said not all the itiniraries are "set in stone ". So Im really guessing it's port times not set and not the ports.

So just curious: Do you all think they will be 7-night itineraries or longer? On another thread someone said the rumor was 7-night cruises alternating Eastern and Western. I'm really hoping for longer cruises. Also, would it really be possible to get all the way to Greece and back to Barcelona with a few other stops in between in seven days? I know it's possible but it seems like that would be so rushed to me.

I remember reading somewhere on here that the survey DCL was having people fill out asked about longer cruises in the Med. My fingers are crossed for that!

So just curious: Do you all think they will be 7-night itineraries or longer? On another thread someone said the rumor was 7-night cruises alternating Eastern and Western. I'm really hoping for longer cruises. Also, would it really be possible to get all the way to Greece and back to Barcelona with a few other stops in between in seven days? I know it's possible but it seems like that would be so rushed to me.

I remember reading somewhere on here that the survey DCL was having people fill out asked about longer cruises in the Med. My fingers are crossed for that!

Ships don't do 7-night roundtrip cruises from Barcelona that go to Greece. If they do 7-night cruises, they would leave from Civitavecchia (asked about in one survey) or Venice. The could do roundtrip cruises that go to Greece from Barcelona if they are 12 nights.

Ships don't do 7-night roundtrip cruises from Barcelona that go to Greece. If they do 7-night cruises, they would leave from Civitavecchia (asked about in one survey) or Venice. The could do roundtrip cruises that go to Greece from Barcelona if they are 12 nights.

That's what I was thinking, thanks for clarifying! It will sure be interesting to see what they end up coming up with.

I suspect you are going to see some "odd" sailings - mostly with the amount of days. Maybe some 7 days and longer, then maybe even some 5 day ones? I just think they are really going to mix it up.

Is there a place to look up the Alaska port schedules in hopes of Alaska in '13? :worship:

:wave2::wave2: Hi Sarah ... Hi Tony ! Are we all going again?? Im packing my Europe Bags now!!! :)

Ann and Howard :hug:

Hi Ann & Howard! Hi Sarah & Tony! Happy New Year!

Not on DIS much but just read this thread...so excited! Count us in--we're on board for 2013... :yay:

Andrea & Greg

Does anyone know what the OBC for Gold Members booking onboard is?

Thanks

From the FAQ sticky:

Silver.................$100 for 3-6nt cruises.........$200 for 7nt or longer cruises
Gold...................$150 for 3-6nt cruises.........$275 for 7nt or longer cruises
Platinum.............$200 for 3-6nt cruises..........$350 for 7nt or longer cruises

Hi Ann & Howard! Hi Sarah & Tony! Happy New Year!

Not on DIS much but just read this thread...so excited! Count us in--we're on board for 2013... :yay:

Andrea & Greg

Andrea !!! Howard said a Big ... YES !!:cool1::cool1:
Happy New year to you too.... doing a B2B in Sept on the Fantasy..it's a happy year so far!

The survey I took was for a 7 day out of Rome. This way they could do east or west in 7 days and make back to back cruises possible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter