2013 Madeira Port Schedule Out!

Depends on what direction you're going and what the med/drydock schedule is... :rolleyes1

Why the dummy bookings? I'm a newbie to the cruise world, especially with DCL, so why are they important?

"Dummy" bookings are reservations booked while on board one of the ships, that the person may, or may not, actually use for the date booked. Those reservations can be moved to another cruise and have a discount on the deposit required (typically about half what a reservation not booked on board has to pay) and also have an OBC from DCL based on your Castaway Club level and the length of the cruise booked on board.

Travelzoo posted this today:

$499 plus $60.00 tax for 11 night EBTA from Miami to Barcelona on April 14, 2012 on NCL Epic.

http://www.travelzoo.com/cruises/eu...1166500/?utm_source=top20_us&utm_medium=email

Just posted for a comparison....DCL will most likely be more!!!

MJ

I wouldn't expect the Transatlantic cruises to start at less than $999 + taxes, based on previous prices. If the Magic cruises out of a port other than Barcelona, then I would expect two repositioning cruises between Barcelona and Civitavecchia or Venice - similar to the Barcelona to Dover repo cruises in 2010.

Magic is in Galveston through the end of Dec 2012. So is it speculated she will be repositioned to PC during Spring 2013? Or start the EBTA from Galveston? :confused3

I want her to STAY in Galveston!!! But if she does the EBTA out of Galveston, we might just have to take that cruise. Then we only need to worry about flying home.

I wouldn't expect the Transatlantic cruises to start at less than $999 + taxes, based on previous prices. If the Magic cruises out of a port other than Barcelona, then I would expect two repositioning cruises between Barcelona and Civitavecchia or Venice - similar to the Barcelona to Dover repo cruises in 2010.

What were cat 11 or 10's pricing (approx) when DCL did the last transatlantic? How many ports? TIA!

What were cat 11 or 10's pricing (approx) when DCL did the last transatlantic? How many ports? TIA!

They started at $999 for a cat. 11. The ports on the eastbound were Castaway Cay, Madeira, Cadiz, Gibraltar, and overnight in Barcelona. On the westbound there was no overnight in Barcelona, and the ship skipped Cadiz. Instead, it went to 2 ports in the Caribbean (St. Maarten and Tortola, I think). ** There has been no mention of Cadiz in 2013.

Why the dummy bookings? I'm a newbie to the cruise world, especially with DCL, so why are they important?

In addition to perks mentioned by pp, there's a 10% discount off the pre-tax cruise fare for non-suite cabins.
Also the OBC offered from DCL for onboard bookings can be in addition to any OBC offered by a TA. DCL's OBCs increase the more you cruise on DCL which can be significant. For example, we are getting 2 cabins for our Alaska cruise. By then we'll be platinum level so that's $350 per cabin from DCL plus $200 each cabin from our TA for a total of $1100 OBCs. This is in addition to the $625 discount on cruise fare. I never ever disembark without at least a dummy date. Great when the dates you want haven't been released yet. :thumbsup2

Travelzoo posted this today:

$499 plus $60.00 tax for 11 night EBTA from Miami to Barcelona on April 14, 2012 on NCL Epic.

http://www.travelzoo.com/cruises/eu...1166500/?utm_source=top20_us&utm_medium=email

Just posted for a comparison....DCL will most likely be more!!!

MJ

Wow, that's a great deal! Cheaper than flying to BCN! :thumbsup2

OK, now I'm confused. The Madeira port site changed their listings....

Now, on May 28,2013 they removed the Magic and are listing that day as TBA, with the same times posted. On Oct 16, same thing. DH noticed the entire listing was removed earlier in the day, then replaced with the "TBA". Hmmmmmm.:confused3

Also, Gibraltar has the Magic there on 5/30/13, leaving at 6:30pm....but Villefranche has it arriving at 7am 5/31/13.

Curiouser and curiouser :sad2:; seems like they're toying with us :laughing:!

Now, on May 28,2013 they removed the Magic and are listing that day as TBA, with the same times posted. On Oct 16, same thing. DH noticed the entire listing was removed earlier in the day, then replaced with the "TBA". Hmmmmmm.:confused3

Also, Gibraltar has the Magic there on 5/30/13, leaving at 6:30pm....but Villefranche has it arriving at 7am 5/31/13.

Oh no ..... hope they are not going to change their minds :scared1::scared1:

The IMO number listed in Madeira is still the Disney Magic .... they have removed the name but not the number ( Thanks Margaret :hug:)

Whew! They are evil, evil, sneaky people :lmao::lmao::lmao:!!!

But, that still doesn't explain the funky schedule otherwise. :confused3

Dissers are so fabulous...another maritime lesson learned (who knew about IMOs?)

I think it bothers them that people can figure out their future itineraries before they're officially announced. Kinda steals their thunder. :lmao:
I don't understand all the secrecy to begin with. :confused3

I guess someone at DCL has the job of keeping up
todate on all the fan websites:rotfl2: and then cover up found info so we can be in the dark again.

I am sure DCL has a love/hate relationship with all the websites. I am sure it generates a ton of business but sure makes it hard to keep things quiet.

I love how someone posted on a different thread that Disney has a ship listed as CVTBN - Cruise Vessel to be named that holds 2400 passengers calling on Grand Cayman in December. Which has to be the Wonder since the Magic itinerary is already set for December.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter