2013 Destash- this is the year!

We're starting off behind today b/c of Christmas presents. Got a new set of pots & pans and new glasses....This may turn into a full kitchen purge, which would be great!

I'm in this year! I have a bunch of kids clothes ready to go and have two closets that need done and would love to clean out each kitchen and bathroom cabinets!

I'm in this year as well. Both daughters in college, time to get rid of some things. I have already started this morning. Nothing like starting the New Year on a new project!!!:woohoo::woohoo:

I am in again this year. This thread helped me last year. I have gone through my dresser and will do coat closet today. I don't know why we keep gloves that have no matches. :confused3

My goal this year is to get the crawl space in the basement done, our master bedroom closet, and keep de-cuttering each room as I see things we no longer need. I want to bag them up and get them out of the house quickly. I got a lot accomplished in 2012 and need to keep it up in 2013.

I am in. My house is really starting to burst at the seems with stuff. I was not myself for most of last year and just started getting back to me. I need a major clean-up and organization sweep through my entire house. I am hoping that this thread will keep me accountable to others. I think I will make a plan by month and then be more detailed each week. Here goes:

January - Kitchen & Dining Room
Week 1 - Clean out fridge, put away Christmas
Week 2 - tupperware, drawers
Week 3 - cabinets and dining room
Week 4 - office desk and pantry
February - Master bedroom and DS's bedroom (closets!!)
March - Office
April - Linen Closet, coat closets
May - Basement
June - Guest Room closet
July - Family Room and Living Room tables, cabinets etc.
August - general refresh of above (busy month)
September - DFIL's room and closets (he is very very neat)
October - Garage (just did this is November)
November - general clean for Thanksgiving
December - Christmas prep

We are drowning in clutter. It feels like I can never have an organized house because of it. I started with our junk drawers and cabinets in our entry way today. DH had a fit because i was getting rid of things we have not used in 4 years. He can get over it. I am not storing something we do not need. My goals for this year is to declutter every room but mainly our entry way, DS playroom and closets. Anything else would be a bonus.

Okay jumping in. I really want to get the house in order this year and have so much stuff we don't need. First up the Christmas decorations that I don't use will be going

I was just telling my hubby that I could fill a huge dumpster with junk. about four years ago we had to start over with basically nothing, so I took anything and everything that folks gave to us. Now, the house is bursting at the seams.

I need to start going through everything. In my town, we are only permitted one tiny trash can a week. It kind of makes it hard to throw out the junk. I have tons of good stuff to donate and my neighbor told me the Salvation Army truck comes thru once a week. They may be making regular stops here soon!

I want to move in the next 18 months...and since we no longer have the military moving us, I'll have to do it all myself! That puts moving in a whole new perspective!

:cool1::banana: It sounds like everyone is off to a great start and have some good ideas for this year!

I forgot I also got a head start by cleaning out my "junk/sale" email inbox last week. I have retailers or other sign up sites sent to a specific email address. I unsubscribed to several I no longer want and deleted more than 1K in sales notices & other junky emails. I hope to stay on top of it better this year!

So far, I have gone through the laundry room shelf in the closet and cleaned the stainless in the kitchen. I found some pencil trays to organize my makeup drawer and am hunting for some boxes to use in the bath cabinet.

I also want to find some unused file folders to organize bills, school papers, and other things that clutter up my paper drawer. It feels good to get some little projects done today!

I want in!

I need to sort toys, outgrown baby clothes, kitchen gadgets, coat closet, lots of clothes mom has "outgrown" :(

we have boxes and boxes that we never unpacked from when we moved over a year ago - can't imagine there is anything we need in there if we haven't needed in 15 months

I'm in. December saw over 1200lbs of stuff removed from our house. Yesterday, we did the fridge and freezer. I plan to use up the food we have and then buy 1 weeks worth at a time.

I have a large amount of fabric and many patterns so my plan is to use the fabric I have and sell finished projects, only buying trim and other finishing items.

I have almost emptied the unused windowless room in the basement, it will be turned into my sewing room. I will be painting and re-purposing several pieces of furniture for that room.

We are very limited on the amount of garbage but not on recycling or compost, so I am carefully sorting. I have already filled one bag each of garbage, plastic recycling and a box of paper so I just need to go fill a donate bag or 2 today.

I'm in! Still have a lot more to go but have already started with filling a box for yard sale this spring. My friend has a few yard sales through the spring/summer/fall and let's me just keep my boxes of stuff over there. I just keep adding to them. :)

We shall see what we can purge this year! Looking forward to a productive 2013!

The special needs teachers at our local school give their students class cash to spend and buy little toys and goodies. Whenever I clean out my kids happy meal and birthday party gifts they go straight to her for the kids in her classroom.

I don't write down everything we donate. Just how many bags or boxes, keep any receipts provided and/or the flyer that is left telling when the pick up is coming around. It's almost always kids clothes with a few other things mixed in so I usually just call it clothes, books, and household items.

I'm in also. Got all of our things out of storage last month and now have a basement, garage and spare bedroom to go through. Started today with the Christmas gifts and decor in the living room, then on the boxes DS removed from his room last week. Have 1 bag of trash, 1 box to sell and toys put away to sort later with DS.

I am so jumping in on this. Have to clean up! I have a question. When we were cleaning out my Mother's home,I could not part with all the glass, vases etc at the time. I know my DS/DDIL will not want most of it and actually I don't either now. They are all considered antique pieces.

Any recommendations on the best way to sell some of the pieces? I am looking for something easy.

TIA

Do you have a local consignment store? Or an antique store that does consignment?

Oh, I'm in! This is the year I'm going to go through all my closets and get rid of all the excess junk. We just did a minor remodel and I had planned to do this now anyway. Really looking forward to documenting my progress! :yay:

I'm so in. I feel like a crazy person when we have guests because I never want the to see our mess of a house. I need a routine.

Today I got all of the Christmas decorations down, and the tree out. DH and I were both home, so I just started doing it and he joined in.

We have people coming over on the 27th, and goal 1 is to be able to not be going crazy on the 26th trying to clean and prepare.

Goal 2 is to go thru our clothes. Wash the. And have a donate bag at the dryer. As things come out of the dryer they are either folded to be put away or put in the donate bag!

I'm in again! I got a little sidetracked with the holidays, but am ready to start decluttering again. First project is going to be the play room -- it's packed to the rafters and we haven't added in the new toys yet!:eek:

I'm in and I like giving over all goals...So here's mine.

January - Bedrooms
Week 1 - DD's room and bath
Week 2 - Con't DD's Room & Mine Rm
Week 3 - DS bedroom
Week 4 - Guest Room

February - Basement
Week 1 - Work Room
Week 2 - Work Room, work out room
Week 3 - work our room and closet
Week 4 - Main basement

February - Office, Living Room

March - Kitchen & Dining Room, Laundry rm
Week 1 - Clean out fridge, wipe cabients outside
Week 2 - cabinets and dining room
Week 3 - Tupperware, drawers
Week 4 - Laundry Rm.

April - Front Entry

May -
June -
July -
August -
September -
October -
November -
December -

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter