2013 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Fun & Friends: Don't Post Here- New Thread Started

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joining in here! We just decided to upgrade to YC CL from POP, quite a switch I know! We will be there from Friday, Aug. 30 - Mon. Sept. 2, just a quick Labor Day weekend getaway. Can't wait! :cool1:

[

Being close to the lobby is a great location. The only thing you may want to specify is whether you want a lower or higher floor, if you care.

:cool1:

Do I have you on the Be Our Guest list? When is your trip?

Thank you for the info....we are the Aug 16-22.
It's been a few years since we've been there and I can't believe all that's changed since then. Any tips for the new things would be appreciated!

Add me to the Be Our Guest list again please! :) We will be there January 9, 2014 for 4 nights in a one-bedroom villa at BCV!)

Us too Erika......See ya then!

In other news I am all packed, the fish have been set up with the automatic feeder, the dog is at a friends and I tried to leave the boys where the dog was staying.....

~NM

Have you thought about an automatic feeder for the boys????? Load it with hot dogs???? Just sayin :cool2:

Have fun Crazy Lady.........

Hi! I have a couple of questions and am hoping you guys can help. I did try searching, but I'm still relatively new, so please forgive me if they are already answered elsewhere!

9/20/2013 - 9/28/2013
BC - CL Deluxe Room
First Trip for DH and the Kiddos. I did CP in the Summer of 1991 and haven't been back since - yikes I'm old!

1 - Just verifying we won't be on the same floor as the Lounge? Not a big deal, just want to level set with the Family. :)

2 - Our flight lands at 9:30 PM that Friday night and we plan to use ME, but should we get our bags? I don't mind waiting for them in the room, unless you think it will be after midnight before they arrive?

3 - Do I check in online? Is there any benefit for my particular reservation/time getting in?

Again, thanks so much to all who contribute and answer questions - you're all really great!

And I'm sure I'll have more questions...so thanks in advance for putting up with me!

Hi! I have a couple of questions and am hoping you guys can help. I did try searching, but I'm still relatively new, so please forgive me if they are already answered elsewhere!

9/20/2013 - 9/28/2013
BC - CL Deluxe Room
First Trip for DH and the Kiddos. I did CP in the Summer of 1991 and haven't been back since - yikes I'm old!

1 - Just verifying we won't be on the same floor as the Lounge? Not a big deal, just want to level set with the Family. :)

2 - Our flight lands at 9:30 PM that Friday night and we plan to use ME, but should we get our bags? I don't mind waiting for them in the room, unless you think it will be after midnight before they arrive?

3 - Do I check in online? Is there any benefit for my particular reservation/time getting in?

Again, thanks so much to all who contribute and answer questions - you're all really great!

And I'm sure I'll have more questions...so thanks in advance for putting up with me!

1. None of the Deluxe CL rooms is on the 5th floor.
2. If your flight lands at 9:30, ME will pick up your bags and deliver to the resort, but it might be very late by the time you get them. If you plan to go right to sleep and don't want to be woken up at 1 or 2 am, then you may want to pick up your own bags.
3. Most folks say that with CL there's no need to do online check-in.

There has been some resort specific merchandise at the YC and BC for awhile now. There are a few pages on The Marketplace link and Fittings and Fairing link showing some of the items.

I'll add the links here in a couple of minutes.

Photos of Yacht Club specific Resort Wear and Merchandise, taken by MickeyT in January 2012:
Yacht Club Resort Merchandise

Photos of Beach Club specific Resort Wear and Merchandise, taken in March 2012:
Beach Club Resort Merchandise

Is there new stuff??? If so, I would love to see pictures if someone there now/soon wants to check it out.

:thumbsup2

Thanks as always for answering, Dee, and the links too. Yes, there are supposed to be new items! Disney Parks blog wrote about it, but featured only SSR and OKW in their samples. Then, someone posted the new Poly merchandise just the other day. Hopefully, we BC fans will be getting something
too.

What a sweet picture! Lovely cake. I had a cake made for my sister and her husband's anniversary last year. Chef Brian was great to work with. We had it sent to LTT where we had lunch reservations the day we arrived. Was very yummy. I think it cost around $50.

Gorgeous cake! I love chef Brian. I'm already thinking what we will ask him to do this year! pixiedust:

So happy to be adding you again so soon.

:woohoo:

I know you gave me permission to link to your Illuminations Cruise review (THANKS!). I also have a section on page 1 for trip reports to YC/BC/BCV. May I link to your most recent and past reports with stays at these resorts?

Of course :) Link me to anything! :thumbsup2 Also I just posted a YouTube video of our Illuminations Cruise you are welcome to share with anyone and everyone as well. :wave2:

Thanks everyone for your suggestions! As always, this thread distinguishes itself from all others for its friendliness and welcoming attitude. I'm off to google hotels, lowest price wins!

Meanwhile, there's a couple of pushy cicadas here that seem to think that because they have to wait 17 years between vacations that they can just tag along with us to WDW. I wouldn't mind so much but they make a lot of noise and look like they've been on quite a drinking binge with their bright red eyes! Yechh...

If you want cheapest, pay attention to parking and resort fees. The closer you get to DTD, the more likely they are to have them. I try to get as close as possible without extra fees, LOL. Good luck!

Of course :) Link me to anything! :thumbsup2 Also I just posted a YouTube video of our Illuminations Cruise you are welcome to share with anyone and everyone as well. :wave2:

I sent DD and her new husband (my DSIL) on that cruise for their honeymoon/his birthday... They said it was awesome!! Her and I went on the MK fireworks cruise also amazing!!

~N

1. None of the Deluxe CL rooms is on the 5th floor.
2. If your flight lands at 9:30, ME will pick up your bags and deliver to the resort, but it might be very late by the time you get them. If you plan to go right to sleep and don't want to be woken up at 1 or 2 am, then you may want to pick up your own bags.
3. Most folks say that with CL there's no need to do online check-in.

Thanks for the response! Another question on bags;

If I choose to get our bags at the airport, do I not put on the ME tags? Just go get them in Baggage Claim like normal and then roll them to the ME Bus area?

Thanks for the response! Another question on bags;

If I choose to get our bags at the airport, do I not put on the ME tags? Just go get them in Baggage Claim like normal and then roll them to the ME Bus area?

Correct! :) Just make sure none have the yellow tags on them and you can pick them up yourself at baggage claim. From baggage claim you'll head back up and over to the ME area. :goodvibes

Correct! Just make sure none have the yellow tags on them and you can pick them up yourself at baggage claim. From baggage claim you'll head back up and over to the ME area.

Thanks! :cheer2: You guys are AWESOME! I'm taking notes and feeling less *dumb* by the day! :rotfl2:

Well I think I'm all packed, my house is all cleaned up for any possible burglars, cats are lined up with a sitter....next is the drive to Baton Rouge to sleep for our early morning flight!!!

I wonder what the flight attendants would think if I ordered a drink at 6:00 in the morning ;). Hmmm probably wouldn't look good!!!!

Lets hope the worst if the rain is moving out by the time we arrive!!!

Well I think I'm all packed, my house is all cleaned up for any possible burglars, cats are lined up with a sitter....next is the drive to Baton Rouge to sleep for our early morning flight!!!

I wonder what the flight attendants would think if I ordered a drink at 6:00 in the morning ;). Hmmm probably wouldn't look good!!!!

Bloody Mary's are the breakfast of champions! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Have a great trip! I'm living vicariously through you.

Erika I LOVE the way you think!!! Wonder if we are long list sisters ???

YCFAN: what r y waiting for.....schedule that trip for July Dismeet!!! That way I can live vicariously through your trip!!!!!!

I will post again later....rough trip coming in! Two hours late but we are finally waiting for the Magical Express!

I will post again later....rough trip coming in! Two hours late but we are finally waiting for the Magical Express!

My parents are still in the air!! The had a delay on Atlanta due to a missing flight attendant Apparently they need 5 and only had 4!!!

Hoping and praying they land soon!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter