2013 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ: Don't Post Here! New Thread Now Open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry should have been clearer, my BIL lives in Geneva, Switzerland, he is flying in from there with his daughter and meeting us in New York city for 5 days together before we continue to Orlando with his daughter, he has to go back to work. We will all be flying into JFK for the NY part of our trip. :goodvibes

Sorry, see above I didnt realise there was a Geneva in NY state, i should have been clearer:)

Hahahahaha, that makes much more sense now! Don't worry about it. There are MANY random towns in the northeast of the US that are named for European cities and countries. Just a couple good ones from New York state alone-

Geneva, NY
Norwich, NY (my hometown)
Ithaca, NY
Rome, NY
Athens, PA (right on the NY border)
Greece, NY

By all means, you should stay in the NYC area to fly to Orlando. But I stand by my recommendation of Jet Blue!

My dh and I would like to go out one night, not really for dinner, maybe just some drinks and an appetizer. We are staying at the BC for the 1st time this July. Do you have any fun suggestions not too far from the hotel? Our 16 year old will be hanging back in the room with our 13 year old and 10 year old, so we didn't want to go to far. Any great ideas would be helpful!

Crew cup lounge does nice appetisers and it's next door to the Yachtsman Steakhouse so really close by :)
Just booked our first Cub Level trip...and we are bringing more of the family this time! :yay: We can't wait for June 13th to arrive! We love the Beach Club and looking forward to Club Level! Quick question...are all the CL rooms on the 5th floor?

The only club rooms not on the 5th floor are the deluxe rooms and the suites :) Enjoy your trip :)

Well Disney released their UK offers for 2014 today so we are all booked up :yay::yay:

Our dates our July 4th to July 17th and we are staying BC GV, with free DDP and a $200 Disney gift card.

Originally we had hoped to be staying CL but the prices for next year have really risen - for a family of four the cost has increased by about $750 (£500) for a GV room and that's staying 13 nights instead of 14, on top of that my husbands DNeice is coming with us also, the cost to upgrade to CL was about $2600 (£1800) on top of that so I couldn't justify paying that as well.

We are actually leaving Ireland on June 29th, flying to New York to meet my BIL and his daughter (they live in Geneva), staying there for 5 days, and then flying down to Orlando for the stay at the BC with my husbands niece, before flying back to Ireland almost 3 weeks later :thumbsup2

Can anyone give me recommendations for an airline to fly from New York to Orlando with? We are flying into from Dublin into JFK and from MCO to Dublin to just need a one way flight from New York (any airport) to MCO. We would prefer one that includes at least one checked bag each and allows us to book seats together.

Thanks for any information :goodvibes

HPN, westchester county airport is about 30 min outside of NYC, and is a little secret gem of airports. Much smaller than JFK or Laguardia, and I would also recommend going Jetblue.

Hahahahaha, that makes much more sense now! Don't worry about it. There are MANY random towns in the northeast of the US that are named for European cities and countries. Just a couple good ones from New York state alone-

Geneva, NY
Ithaca, NY
Rome, NY
Greece, NY

By all means, you should stay in the NYC area to fly to Orlando. But I stand by my recommendation of Jet Blue!

Thanks DancinDaisyDuck, do you happen to know when Jetblue release their schedules for the next summer, I know its too early yet but just wanted to know when to start looking :goodvibes

HPN, westchester county airport is about 30 min outside of NYC, and is a little secret gem of airports. Much smaller than JFK or Laguardia, and I would also recommend going Jetblue.

Thanks for the recommendation, is there a train link to this airport or would it just be a matter of getting a taxi or car service?

Thanks DancinDaisyDuck, do you happen to know when Jetblue release their schedules for the next summer, I know its too early yet but just wanted to know when to start looking :goodvibes

Jet blue's schedule has been posted for a while online on their website. We checked them out when we were looking for flights but we found southwest to be cheaper.

Thanks for the recommendation, is there a train link to this airport or would it just be a matter of getting a taxi or car service?

You can take the metronorth train out of grand central station to white plains. Then take a cab to the airport. Or I think you can take a beeline bus from NYC to Westchester airport.

Edited for add: I suggested Westchester Airport bc it's relatively close, far less crowded and sometimes cheaper than NYC airports. But, it will be more train/cab traveling than just flying out of NYC.

Geneva, NY
Ithaca, NY
Rome, NY
Greece, NY

I never realized how many there really were! That's funny!

Geneva, NY
Ithaca, NY
Rome, NY
Greece, NY

Hi I live in NY and out of JFK, LGA & westchester airport I prefer JFK. Plus it will most likely cost more to get to westchester airport from the city then to JFK. Also JFK offers more daily flights. Either one you choose though will be fine :) enjoy!

You can take the metronorth train out of grand central station to white plains. Then take a cab to the airport. Or I think you can take a beeline bus from NYC to Westchester airport.

When you go onto JetBlue website, Newark, NJ (EWR)... Newburgh, NY (SWF)... or Westchester County, NY (HPN) seem to be the cheapest in that order. But you'd have to pay to travel to those destinations. JFK is a considered "JetBlue Hub", (if you look their website it says JetBlue city), the price difference is minimal, probably what it'll cost you to travel to one of the other airports. Why not fly JetBlue direct to MCO?

Hi I live in NY and out of JFK, LGA & westchester airport I prefer JFK. Plus it will most likely cost more to get to westchester airport from the city then to JFK. Also JFK offers more daily flights. Either one you choose though will be fine :) enjoy!

Lol you and I were typing at the same time.

My dh and I would like to go out one night, not really for dinner, maybe just some drinks and an appetizer. We are staying at the BC for the 1st time this July. Do you have any fun suggestions not too far from the hotel? Our 16 year old will be hanging back in the room with our 13 year old and 10 year old, so we didn't want to go to far. Any great ideas would be helpful!

I'd suggest Crews Cup at the Yacht Club (attached to Yachtsman Steakhouse). We've had great food there and not had a wait for a table either.

I've also read good things about the Bellvue Lounge over at the Boardwalk Inn. Not tried it myself, maybe we will next visit.

Also, not sure of your ticket situation, but if you are able to head over to Epcot I would suggest Tutto Gusto wine celler in Italy. We had some yummy food there and loved the seating areas. Lots of wines to choose from! That would be a nice place for a date night and still not too far from the BC believe it or not.

Well, we've been back almost a week and I'm finally feeling caught up at home, so....time to take some time out to tell you about our awesome vacation at the Yacht Club! Figured I'd break this up into a few mini installments. This first one will be about our room.

We reserved a CL GV room. As soon as we arrived via ME we were wisked up to the 5th floor. I situated the kids in the lounge with some food while my DH checked us in. We were given room:

Two queen beds, plus a daybed:

We hadn't even requested a daybed, but we found that with two kids we really enjoyed having it...not so much for sleeping, but the fact that it gave us somewhere to sit other than the beds.

As you may know, there are only 5 YC GV CL rooms. When I spoke to the IPO shortly before our trip, she did mention to me that all but one of the rooms had a sideways view of the lagoon. I've had that view before and loved it, so that was the only request we made: "sideways view of the lagoon please". I figured that with 80% of the rooms having that view, we stood a chance. Well, here was our view:

Looking right:

Looking straight ahead:

Looking left:

Yup, as you can see, we were given the 1 and only GV CL room where the lagoon was totally blocked just by virtue of the configuration of the building. But, here's the good news: If I stood on the far right hand side of the balcony and leaned way too far out to be safe, and held my camera as far out as I could, this is what we saw:

And, speaking of leaning over the balcony...one day we were on the balcony and couldn't help noticing a group of little girls on a 4th floor balcony across the way. There was a little girl, probably about 3 years old, standing on top of one of the chairs leaning WAAAAYYY over the balcony railing. No parents to be seen. After watching for a few minutes and feeling like I was going to have a heart attack, I finally went to tell the CL staff about it. The wonderful woman at the desk pulled out a map right away, and my DH and I helped her pinpoint the room. She called them right away and took care of it.

Overall, our room was great! Very convenient to the lounge and my DH and I did enjoy looking at the wedding gazebo very much. We sat on the balcony a lot in the afternoons for a drink while the kids vegged out in the room resting from our mornings in the parks.

I found the room to have more than adequate storage, especially when compared to the moderates we've stayed at. There was a large closet and more than enough drawer space. I always unpack as soon as we arrive and we use our luggage for dirty clothes. Works out great since we pack everything back in the suitcases as the week goes on.

For anyone who is wondering, here are the grapefruity-smelling products offered in room:

Mousekeeping was great! Our room was always very clean. When we checked in they did give us an opportunity to select a 2 hour window during which we'd like mousekeeping to visit every day. This worked out great since we had an idea when they'd be arriving. Over the course of the whole week, we received only 1 towel animal. It was this gem:

We couldn't stop laughing when we saw it. My DD13 looked at it and said, "I am not touching that thing". Best towel animal ever for how much it made us laugh. I believe it's supposed to be a stingray??? Looks a heck of a lot like something else to me though...

And one last thing, here's the showerhead. I took the pic; I'm darn well gonna post it (even if Mousemommy1 did beat me to it!): :rotfl2:

Up next...our review of CL...

Thanks for the advice I will look into them :goodvibes:goodvibes

Sorry should have been clearer, my BIL lives in Geneva, Switzerland, he is flying in from there with his daughter and meeting us in New York city for 5 days together before we continue to Orlando with his daughter, he has to go back to work. We will all be flying into JFK for the NY part of our trip. :goodvibes

Thanks for the advice, would Newburgh airport still be the best one if flying out of New York City? I thought we would probably be using JFK again or Newark.

Sorry, see above I didnt realise there was a Geneva in NY state, i should have been clearer:)

Hi,
I' m living in Geneva, Switzerland.
Let me know if I can help you
:-)

This is a fabulous thread. I've spent the last couple of hours reading through and getting excited abour our upcoming stay which I just book for YC for 8/24-9/1. I am very excited about this! I've always wanted to stay at either YC or BC and it's finally working out. :cool1:

We'll be staying at the Yacht Club for our first offical family vacation from October 27 - November 3rd. We will also be celebrating our twins' 2nd birthday during our trip! Is there anything I should be aware of at the Yacht Club for a couple of crazy toddlers? Do they have guard rails that we can get for the beds?

Apologies in advance for this question that I am sure has been asked 29384 times on this FAQ. Could not seem to find an answer on the first page, though.

What do the best standard views at the YC consist of? Are they all exclusively roof/parking lot or do some catch a glimpse of trees/the quiet pool/landscaping/etc? Would you suggest any area(s) in particular?

I know that the garden view rooms are worth the upgrade, but this was the only room category available through a special promo.

Thanks in advance! :)

Over the course of the whole week, we received only 1 towel animal. It was this gem:

We couldn't stop laughing when we saw it. My DD13 looked at it and said, "I am not touching that thing". Best towel animal ever for how much it made us laugh. I believe it's supposed to be a stingray??? Looks a heck of a lot like something else to me though...

Up next...our review of CL...

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Thank you so much. We leave 3 weeks from today(BC CL) and I am loving your report and photos.

I am still giggling over your "towel animal(?)"...hysterical.

I can't wait for your next report.

Jan

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!