• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2013 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ: Don't Post Here! New Thread Now Open

Status
Not open for further replies.
EagleScout said:
We are at. T minus 15 today (see you there), and today is my birthday! This trip is sort of a delayed/makeup bday gift b/c last year was a milestone bday that we had to cancel party b/c my wife and I both were so sick (with different things). You can imagine how sick that was, to cancel a birthday. This year started celebration early by staying up until 3 am last night partying like a rock star (aka working on an emergency court filing for a client who just got sued last night - the nerve of our opposition to sue a company on the night before their lawyers' birthday).

Happy Birthday you crazy rock star.

Hello Beach and Yacht Crowd! :wave:

We just booked at Yacht for Aug 23-28. Very excited as this is our first ever stay on Disney property! I have skimmed through most of this thread but was wondering if there is any other place (fan website or the like) where folks would recommend I go to familiarize myself with the Yacht Club?

Also, how important does this group think park hoppers would be? This is only our second trip to WDW and on our first one we were quite happy with going full on 12 hour days at one park!!!

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list

:cool1:

I haven't really found other resources for the Yacht & Beach Club. I did like a Beach Club site on Facebook, but it is not active at all. So I guess you will just have to hang out here with us!

I have arrived and i'm on the Magical Express headed to BLT! Flight had no delays and I got right on ME and left the airport within 5 mins! More later!!

~Nannette

Have a fantastic time!!!

Check in with us when you can!

Jenjersnap

Thank you Thank you Thank you! I hope I get this room its either 3557 or 4691. How big is the Juliet balcony is it large enough to put 1 chair? The photos are awesome. Now if I can just track down photos of 4691. As you can tell I don't like surprises. My husband thinks Im crazy but its fun to plan. I just love it.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for July.

:woohoo:

No photos of 4691 yet, but if you look on the Deluxe Room thread, there are photos of 3691 so you would be able to see what the view will be like.

I am surprised that the CMs know already that you will be in one of those two rooms

Does anyone know if you can use the main Stormalong Bay pool on your day of checkout?

Checking into Yacht Club May 31!!

I know you have posted before, but I don't have you on the Be Our Guest list, so I will add you pronto!

:yay:

Still have a few more pages to go through and I think a few more people to welcome, but I am at school all day today (and next week) for a book fair and at the theatre all weekend for the last of the Aristocats shows.

Have a great day all!

We are at. T minus 15 today (see you there), and today is my birthday! This trip is sort of a delayed/makeup bday gift b/c last year was a milestone bday that we had to cancel party b/c my wife and I both were so sick (with different things). You can imagine how sick that was, to cancel a birthday. This year started celebration early by staying up until 3 am last night partying like a rock star (aka working on an emergency court filing for a client who just got sued last night - the nerve of our opposition to sue a company on the night before their lawyers' birthday).

Happy bday!!!!!!!!!

Hello! Just got back from our 8 day stay at BC. We had stayed at the YC in August for the first time and LOVED IT! Yeah...can't say this vacation started off like that at the BC. For the second time ever our room wasn't ready when we arrived. No biggy. I did online check-in 60 days out with a request for full balcony (YC was booked for our dates). I thought that was my only request - I was wrong. We got ground floor (hate that) and when our room was finally ready - it was a bed with a pull out sofa! Say what?! Had I been on a nice vacation with just my non-existent husband, that would have been ideal. Me and my teenage daughter? Not so much! We were also so far away from the lobby, the secret back door to Epcot was like 2 feet away. lol I hate being one of those Disney complainers, but I did not pay money for a deluxe resort so my daughter could sleep on a pull out sofa for week. I had already tried for another room when it was a first floor, but they had nothing so I said never mind, we'd take the room. Then, I almost fell over when I got in the room. So, I called the front desk and again, begged and pleaded to please get us a new room. So, we got one for the next day. So here comes check-in on day 2. First, they won't issue us the new cards for our room. Fine, we'll come back when you text us. Oh, only they never did text us and we waited until after 6 when we went back to the lobby to find out if our room was ready yet. Seriously! Our new room was great, 3rd floor, view of the volleyball court and lagoon. Still had that sofa! but at least we had two beds, too. Felt bad for taking a room made for 5 when it was only us two but so thankful for the room! We go back to the YC in 12 weeks in July, but now I'm wondering...will it be same stress over again? I read another post on POFQ thread that checked in the same day we did, they changed rooms 3x b/c none of the stuff she requested 60 days out was given to her. Not exactly liking this 60 day check-in. At least I know for next time some more room requests to put in.

My dh and I would like to go out one night, not really for dinner, maybe just some drinks and an appetizer. We are staying at the BC for the 1st time this July. Do you have any fun suggestions not too far from the hotel? Our 16 year old will be hanging back in the room with our 13 year old and 10 year old, so we didn't want to go to far. Any great ideas would be helpful!

Happy Friday everyone!

Melanie: I completely understand the angst with the room! Ground floor rooms are out for me, especially when I travel alone with my DD. I'm glad they were able to move you and the 2nd room worked out. :)

LeahA: Have you thought of Captain's Grille? We did a light dinner there last trip after having eaten breakfast several times and we were very pleased. If you want more of a brewery/grill type place there's Big River Grille at Boardwalk. otherwise, there may be some nice bar/app choices at the Swan/Dolphin. (not sure not, been in those hotels.) That's cool that you will have a date night! :flower3:

Happy Friday everyone!

LeahA: Have you thought of Captain's Grille? We did a light dinner there last trip after having eaten breakfast several times and we were very pleased. If you want more of a brewery/grill type place there's Big River Grille at Boardwalk. otherwise, there may be some nice bar/app choices at the Swan/Dolphin. (not sure not, been in those hotels.) That's cool that you will have a date night! :flower3:

Great suggestions, thank you!

Can anyone give me recommendations for an airline to fly from New York to Orlando with? We are flying into from Dublin into JFK and from MCO to Dublin to just need a one way flight from New York (any airport) to MCO. We would prefer one that includes at least one checked bag each and allows us to book seats together.

Thanks for any information :goodvibes

Geneva, NY? Are you planning on flying into NYC and driving up or connecting in NYC and flying into Syracuse, NY? It's probably best if you fly from SYR into MCO. I live about 45 minutes south of Geneva and use the Syracuse airport when I fly. I like the Jet Blue service- they offer non-stop flights between SYR and MCO for a good price that includes a free checked bag, unlimited beverages and select snacks, free Direct TV and satellite radio. I love it. Plus, the Syracuse airport is smaller, typically has fewer delays and shorter lines at check in and security. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Danex, JetBlue is a good service. Use the Newburgh airport. It's only about 1 hr north of the city on the highway. Syracuse is HOURS away, Albany would be the next closest, and that's 3 hours. The nice thing about it, you can hop MetroNorth (commuter train) super cheap to get to Newburgh. To get to Albany you hop Amtrak (train), it's 2 hours-ish ride for $35. We actually live just north of Albany and hop Amtrak for dinner in the city and come back the same evening a lot.

Just booked our first Cub Level trip...and we are bringing more of the family this time! :yay: We can't wait for June 13th to arrive! We love the Beach Club and looking forward to Club Level! Quick question...are all the CL rooms on the 5th floor?

Danex, JetBlue is a good service. Use the Newburgh airport. It's only about 1 hr north of the city on the highway. Syracuse is HOURS away, Albany would be the next closest, and that's 3 hours. The nice thing about it, you can hop MetroNorth (commuter train) super cheap to get to Newburgh. To get to Albany you hop Amtrak (train), it's 2 hours-ish ride for $35. We actually live just north of Albany and hop Amtrak for dinner in the city and come back the same evening a lot.
Maybe I read the post wrong but I thought Danex said the family they are visiting is in Geneva, NY which is closer to Syracuse, which I why I suggested it.

T-ONE day! this time tomorrow I hope to be walking off ME and checking into the BC! I requested a high floor near lobby- I can deal with not being near the lobby, but I will not accept ground floor- I hate them- lol! But I am so excited, we had a less then stellar stay at BWI in June and would love to have this trip go smoothly! :)

My dh and I would like to go out one night, not really for dinner, maybe just some drinks and an appetizer. We are staying at the BC for the 1st time this July. Do you have any fun suggestions not too far from the hotel? Our 16 year old will be hanging back in the room with our 13 year old and 10 year old, so we didn't want to go to far. Any great ideas would be helpful!

You could walk over the the Boardwalk and try either ESPN or Big River Grille. We love to take that walk in the evening.

Jetblue would be the one.
Kerri

Thanks for the advice I will look into them :goodvibes:goodvibes

Geneva, NY? Are you planning on flying into NYC and driving up or connecting in NYC and flying into Syracuse, NY? It's probably best if you fly from SYR into MCO. I live about 45 minutes south of Geneva and use the Syracuse airport when I fly. I like the Jet Blue service- they offer non-stop flights between SYR and MCO for a good price that includes a free checked bag, unlimited beverages and select snacks, free Direct TV and satellite radio. I love it. Plus, the Syracuse airport is smaller, typically has fewer delays and shorter lines at check in and security. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Sorry should have been clearer, my BIL lives in Geneva, Switzerland, he is flying in from there with his daughter and meeting us in New York city for 5 days together before we continue to Orlando with his daughter, he has to go back to work. We will all be flying into JFK for the NY part of our trip. :goodvibes

Thanks for the advice, would Newburgh airport still be the best one if flying out of New York City? I thought we would probably be using JFK again or Newark.

Maybe I read the post wrong but I thought Danex said the family they are visiting is in Geneva, NY which is closer to Syracuse, which I why I suggested it.

Sorry, see above I didnt realise there was a Geneva in NY state, i should have been clearer:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter