2013 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ: Don't Post Here! New Thread Now Open

Status
Not open for further replies.
I second the vote for JetBlue :thumbsup2

We love Jetblue. Your first bag flies free, and they offer a TV at each seat as well as complimentary snacks.

We always go out of JFK, but take a look at LaGuardia airport as well-- it may just work out cheaper for you. Both are NYC airports.

Does anyone know if valet parking is offered 24 hours? We will be arriving around midnight and would love to just valet that night and head to bed ASAP to hit Star Wars Weekend early the next morning. Will a valet person be available after midnight when we pull up? I know we'll be exhausted after working all day then 7 hour drive!

Thanks for the advice I will look into them :goodvibes:goodvibes

Sorry should have been clearer, my BIL lives in Geneva, Switzerland, he is flying in from there with his daughter and meeting us in New York city for 5 days together before we continue to Orlando with his daughter, he has to go back to work. We will all be flying into JFK for the NY part of our trip. :goodvibes

Thanks for the advice, would Newburgh airport still be the best one if flying out of New York City? I thought we would probably be using JFK again or Newark.

Sorry, see above I didnt realise there was a Geneva in NY state, i should have been clearer:)

I'm another New Yorker. We usually fly out of White Plains also but it's a 15 minute drive for us. Newburgh is quite a bit further than even White Plains so I wouldn't recommend it.
If you're starting in NYC, you might as well fly out of JFK (on JetBlue, of course!) because there are SO many more flights. For us JFK is a bit of a hike while White Plains and LaGuardia are much closer but with fewer flight choices. My husband and I are flying JetBlue out of JFK next week but going to San Diego for a work conference and sadly no extra time to visit Disneyland. ;)

Amanda

Does anyone know if valet parking is offered 24 hours? We will be arriving around midnight and would love to just valet that night and head to bed ASAP to hit Star Wars Weekend early the next morning. Will a valet person be available after midnight when we pull up? I know we'll be exhausted after working all day then 7 hour drive!

I have no idea.....but you guys Rock!!! Wish I had the energy to do that :)

Hello from Disney World!! Been having a great time even though I'm not at BC/YC! Today I went to Epcot and took about 1000 pics of the things (flowers) from the flower and garden festival! I also learned a lot about the new wrist bands that will be happening by the end of the year. I took my annual pass and converted it to the new one that you tap and go! I was told that annual pass holders will be getting the bands by the end of the year. The band will have your name and you pick the color. I took a pic of them which I will send to Dee when I return home anyway they look very cool! This was a very short stay so I'll be leaving Sunday, but I'll be back in July at BC and I can't wait! I'll post more when I return home until then bedtime for me!! Tomorrow is Magic Kingdom day!

~Nannette

I second the vote for JetBlue :thumbsup2

Are you flying in from Ireland on Aer Lingus? My grandparents used to fly Aer Lingus and it brings happy memories of presents from Ireland.

Yes we will be flying with Aer Lingus they are great. Are your grandparents from Ireland?

Thank you so much to everyone on this thread for the advice regarding flights. Looks like we will probably be using JetBlue and for convenience we will probably use one of the main NYC airports. You guys are amazing!

Sorry for the confusion about Geneva lol! I guess I should brush up on my geography!

Hello from Disney World!! Been having a great time even though I'm not at BC/YC! Today I went to Epcot and took about 1000 pics of the things (flowers) from the flower and garden festival! I also learned a lot about the new wrist bands that will be happening by the end of the year. I took my annual pass and converted it to the new one that you tap and go! I was told that annual pass holders will be getting the bands by the end of the year. The band will have your name and you pick the color. I took a pic of them which I will send to Dee when I return home anyway they look very cool! This was a very short stay so I'll be leaving Sunday, but I'll be back in July at BC and I can't wait! I'll post more when I return home until then bedtime for me!! Tomorrow is Magic Kingdom day!

~Nannette

Glad you made it and are having fun :) Looking forward to seeing all (or maybe just some lol) of your pics and hearing more about your trip :goodvibes

Danex said:
Thanks for the advice I will look into them :goodvibes:goodvibes

Sorry should have been clearer, my BIL lives in Geneva, Switzerland, he is flying in from there with his daughter and meeting us in New York city for 5 days together before we continue to Orlando with his daughter, he has to go back to work. We will all be flying into JFK for the NY part of our trip. :goodvibes

Thanks for the advice, would Newburgh airport still be the best one if flying out of New York City? I thought we would probably be using JFK again or Newark.

Sorry, see above I didnt realise there was a Geneva in NY state, i should have been clearer:)

Hope this is not duplicating others (missed some of responses) - If looking to use JetBlue, then I believe JFK has some flights (but not sure if Orlando), and if looking elsewhere, and you have to look into "outer ring" airports, the airport in Westchester County (aka White Plains due to it being in "city" of White Plains) is less than half the distance from NYC proper than Newburgh (probably more like one third the distance). And White Plains is also a hub of the "Harlem" line of Metro-North commuter train, which means if you were trying to be frugal (or just want to experience something different), you could taxi to midtown Manhattan NYC (or you may already be there during your layover), then take train from Grand Central to White Plains (31 mins exactly, I pass it everyday), then 10-15 min taxi (prob 10-15 dollars) to their airport. And Westchester/White Plains is dominated by Jetblue, focusing on Florida vacationers - more than half the flights are going to Fort Lauderdale or Orlando. And of course, Newark is a huge airport with lots of choices of airlines, etc., but not a big JETBLUE hub (if that is focus) and only about 10-15 mins (literally) closer than Westchester, just in a different direction. Newark also has a train station, that you get to from Penn Station (about 1.2 miles southeast of Grand Central), and unlike white plains, the newark train also has a stop right at airport, which avoids the taxi at the end.

1coolnini said:
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Thank you so much. We leave 3 weeks from today(BC CL) and I am loving your report and photos.

I am still giggling over your "towel animal(?)"...hysterical.

I can't wait for your next report.

Jan

See, I saw that towel animal and assumed it was a towel dustpan, asking if you wanted to help clean up or soemthing?

~Nannette

We are all living vicariously through you!!

Nanette - sounds like you are having a magical time!

Can't wait to hear more about the AP bands - this whole RFID thing has me so confused - especially the fastpass plus system. I'm secretly hoping it would be done by July!!!

On your next trip we will (hopefully) get to meet up! Is it July yet?

Hey All!!!
9 days into our 11 day trip to YC. I will do a report when I get back but I don't know if this was mentioned or not, but there is at least ONE YC CL room that has NO BALCONY at all.....room 5163. Our friends had it this week...I had no idea that existed. They were not complaining because they had been upgraded to CL from a GV room, but, just an FYI. (Not sure if there are others like it). :goodvibes

Wow no balcony? That's noteworthy!

Great suggestions, thank you!

I say go to Big River Grille on the Boardwalk & sit outside on the Boardwalk (they have a lot of tables on the Boardwalk). My DH & I went there last 2 years, 1st trip we sat inside next to the glassed in area where the Brewmaster was working on the beer vats , the brewmaster ended up coming out & talking with us for quite a while. Then last year we sat on the boardwalk at night & were able to see the higher fireworks from Epcot, watch the Boardwalk crowd & the boats on the lake which was fun. I'd say the food's of the Applebee's variety, but the beers awesome & we liked the appetizers more than our dinner! I told people next time we'd just do beer & appetizers, which is what u want, lol!:lmao:

Sounds like fun! Is there a bar at Big River or do you have to get a table?

I think theres just a small bar with a few seats.

Thanks for the pics and review. I have been calling twice a day for the past 5 days to book 2 rooms with and awesome 60% code I have with no luck. I gave up this morning but after reading your post I called again and was able to book!! I cannot wait! The part about the little girl hanging over the balcony gave me palpitations! That is my biggest fear. I actually pull the chairs in our rooms or deny access. My kids are climbers! It will be our first time here and I am counting the days. 20 to be exact!! Thanks again!

Congrats on the 60%! I'm so jealous!

Hey All!!!
9 days into our 11 day trip to YC. I will do a report when I get back but I don't know if this was mentioned or not, but there is at least ONE YC CL room that has NO BALCONY at all.....room 5163. Our friends had it this week...I had no idea that existed. They were not complaining because they had been upgraded to CL from a GV room, but, just an FYI. (Not sure if there are others like it). :goodvibes

I recently became aware of this room. As far as I know, it is the only one at the YC. I think it is water view. I'm not sure where I have refered to this, I'll try to make sure there is info on Page 1 about this room.

Mousekeeping was great! Our room was always very clean. When we checked in they did give us an opportunity to select a 2 hour window during which we'd like mousekeeping to visit every day. This worked out great since we had an idea when they'd be arriving. Over the course of the whole week, we received only 1 towel animal. It was this gem:

I'm not sure why everyone is getting worked up about a towel mushroom

:confused3

;)

:lmao:

I recently became aware of this room. As far as I know, it is the only one at the YC. I think it is water view. I'm not sure where I have refered to this, I'll try to make sure there is info on Page 1 about this room.

I'm not sure why everyone is getting worked up about a towel mushroom

:confused3

;)

:lmao:

I would definitely say it's a garden view room. It looks right over the gazebo, and the windows don't even open so you could look out and see water....and even if you could, there is no water to be seen. :confused3

I wish I had taken pictures, but yeah, pretty sure it is garden view. :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter