2012 Hilton Head Thread-Tips, Tricks, Roll Call..

Do you have a picture of the beautiful view you had last year? Building 31? If so, it's so beautiful there, you should post it so that everyone can see the lovely views from that building.
Hopefully, we'll see you there and maybe the 2013 half-marathon, if Guy's able.

I'll look through my photos and see if I can figure out how to post them - I am so computer challenged!

We signed up for the half last night so we'll definitely be there. Let us know your plans!

Kristen

Am I too late? We'll be there from 4/16-4/21 (my birthday!)--Getting close now.:thumbsup2

Our family will be there June 30th - July 7th.
Me, DH & kids, ages 15, 12 & 11.
First time to HHI. Can't wait!

Am I too late? We'll be there from 4/16-4/21 (my birthday!)--Getting close now.:thumbsup2

Make sure you check the resort TV channel (I forget which one). They always announce special occassions, assuming they know. It really thrilled me (even though they sspelled DH's name wrong!)-

010.jpg

Please add us in too:

June 23rd to July 1st!
It'll be DH and I and kids 11 & 7.

We love HHI and cannot wait to get back onto the island! We had to skip last summer so it just feels too long since we've been there.

Make sure you check the resort TV channel (I forget which one). They always announce special occassions, assuming they know. QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up! I didn't know this.:goodvibes Can't wait--just a couple of more sleeps.;)

Hi Everyone!

I need some reassurance:hug: ...

We're going to HHI for Easter week next year but will be doing a combination cash/points stay. Our first two nights are at the end of the season (March 30 and 31) which makes them substantially cheaper (cash) than the remainder of our stay. I am planning on calling April 30 to book those first 2 nights on cash but since the 31st is Easter, I am terrified that when I call back on May 1 to book the rest (on points), nothing will be available. Since we need a 2BR for this trip (and those are the most plentiful), my brain tells me that I have nothing to worry about...but I still know that it is *possible* that those 76 2BR's will be booked up in the 2 days before I call:scared1: . We bought HHI points in January 2011, before we even visited, and our first trip there was booked on AKV points at 7 months. Since I got a 1BR for Easter week at 7 months, I really have no reason to worry about getting a 2BR at 11 months, right:upsidedow .

Someone reassure me that when I go online at 8am sharp on May 1 that my 2BR will be available in April:laughing: .

... and since you can predict the future, please let me know the winning Mega Millions numbers for tomorrow:lmao: )

Oh, and while I am asking about our reservation, let me throw another question at y'all... How does the member discount work? We got the discount on our 2BR's booked at 11-months for our upcoming trip to OKW in June, but are there blackout dates or anything? Also, I can't remember, do you pay in full when you book or is there a deposit? I need to know how much $$$ I need available when we book in a few weeks.

Thanks!

I just wanted to see if there is anything that I needed to be pre-reserving?? Any special meals or events at the resort that should be booked/reserved in advance?? Any character parties or such?

Let me know,
Mark

Hi, I posted a bunch of questions about HHI last night and it looks like it got deleted?! Am I not supposed to be posting in here since I'm not DVC? Weird.:confused3 I have a few questions, but there is very little HHI info out there and if there is, it's all from a long time ago. Anyone willing to answer a few questions?

We're visiting HHI in mid-May with my ds (4).

1) Is wi-fi only free for DVC or did they make it free for everyone, like at WDW recently?
2) Do bike rentals cost about the same as offsite? We usually rent from Pedals.
3) Are the kids' activities just for kids in the childcare program or can anyone participate? Dh is getting ready to go overseas, so leaving ds in childcare isn't an option since we're trying to maximize our family time.
4) Does anyone there trade pins?

Thanks in advance!

Hello to all! :wave2:
I was so excited to find this thread!! I just booked HHI for June 5-10!!! SOOOO excited to have vacation ON THE BOOKS!!! This place looks wonderful. We have never been to this resort or to HHI so we are really looking forward to it!! :cool1:

I would love any tips about room location, things to bring, etc. Also I would love to "meet" DIS*ers ahead of time so maybe we can connect when we are there. We are ME Andrea and DH Kyle, DD16 Megan and DS12 Evan. My kids would love to know if there are other kids around their ages that will be there at the same time too!! :goodvibes

We are disney fanatics, and big pin traders..I read somewhere that there is pin trading here...anyone? :confused3

So glad to be here on this thread for the next couple months!! :goodvibes

I noticed one thing about pin trading there-there are lots of the CM trading pins. And since not too many people who are pin traders seem to go to HHI, whenever I was looking for a particular pin, the CM I asked would check in the back room and bring out all the lanyards. Regarding room location, almost all the studios and 1 BRs are in the main lodge, so that's where we've almost always stayed.

Hi, I posted a bunch of questions about HHI last night and it looks like it got deleted?! Am I not supposed to be posting in here since I'm not DVC? Weird.:confused3 I have a few questions, but there is very little HHI info out there and if there is, it's all from a long time ago. Anyone willing to answer a few questions?

We're visiting HHI in mid-May with my ds (4).

1) Is wi-fi only free for DVC or did they make it free for everyone, like at WDW recently?
I;m not sure, sorry!
2) Do bike rentals cost about the same as offsite? We usually rent from Pedals.
I believe they are all about the same price.
3) Are the kids' activities just for kids in the childcare program or can anyone participate? Dh is getting ready to go overseas, so leaving ds in childcare isn't an option since we're trying to maximize our family time.
I'm not sure what you mean by childcare programs? There isn't childcare there. They have things like Kids Night Out which are just for kids, but the arts and crafts type activites for kids, parents can hang around and stay with the kids.
4) Does anyone there trade pins?
Yes, they have pin trading. :o)

Thanks in advance!
Have a great time!!

I just wanted to see if there is anything that I needed to be pre-reserving?? Any special meals or events at the resort that should be booked/reserved in advance?? Any character parties or such?

Let me know,
Mark
You book everything when you get there. You'll get a schedule with all the weekly activities and can call from your room or go to the recreation window to sign up. Some you can sign up days in advance, some are only a day or so in advance, it will be on the schedule.
They have no characters at the HH resort, just Shadow, the (real) dog.;)

The only meals they have are a BBQ and a Low Country Shrimp Boil. If they are having them during the time you're there, you can book it when you get there.:)

We are going June 3-9, first time!
Can someone tell me te cost of the shrimp boil?
Also, where s a good pace to buy beach chairs and umbrella?
Good suggestion on 9 hole golfing?

My partner and I will be there Apr 9-16. We're doing a day trip to Charleston on Wed and a day trip to Savannah on Thursday. Otherwise we plan on hanging out at the resort, exploring the island and relaxing.

My bride of 44 long suffering years ;) and I will be driving up from WLV on Nov 6 then driving to Vero Beach on Nov 9 for 3 days. Anything we should look out for, crabs, deer, etc?:rotfl:

moe

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter