2012 Hilton Head Thread-Tips, Tricks, Roll Call..

Anyone that's gone this year, come back, or just anyone, does the shrimp boil night change?? I read something on another site that said it was on Fridays? I'm hoping not as we're only there Sunday-Friday morning... :( Just curious if anyone knows.

Second question, has anyone rented Waverunners down there have a rental suggestion?? I'd like it to be open waters so you can really open it up!! :D

Thanks

My bride of 44 long suffering years ;) and I will be driving up from WLV on Nov 6 then driving to Vero Beach on Nov 9 for 3 days. Anything we should look out for, crabs, deer, etc?:rotfl:

moe[/QUOT

You're driving from WDW to HHI and then back down to Vero?? Can you change the order of that or do you live in FL to make that easier.

we moved here, LOL but will stay on the island resort a couple times... FYI, there is a piggly wiggly in shelter cove... great grocery store, BUT from 3pm on sat until around noon on Sunday t is a parking lot in there. I mean, carts in lines up and down every isle, no I am not kidding... its one of the only and the best grocery store in shelter cove. so all the time shares use it and they are almost all on a weekly sat check in out schedule...
SO you mid week will be fine, those checking in , you will NEVER get ti check into your room before 3pm and rarely before 4 in the summer, unless you are VERY lucky! So for saturday peeps... can I suggest plan to get to the island around noon or before, go t the shelter cove shopping center, its right off 278 or Hilton Pkway, on the right, look for shelter cove lane, the turn is just up from that and hard to see, if yo get to the turn in for Disney yo have gone to far. by about a block.
in that center are a couple nice little restaurants one pizza good for lnch, The Piggly wiggly grocery is on the end, also is Outdoor Play outfitters who have tours and activities you can sign up for, plus they use to give Disney a discount, maybe still do I'd check. go look it over. Then go get your groceries and go check in.
Your room may not be ready, BUT you can change, unload your car , groceries, and go hang by the pool. Vacation has begun!
Seriously, grocery stores on the island, from Sat at 3pm, until Sunday around noon, are NOT where you want to be, LOL>ITs so bad, you can't believe it until you see it.

We wil be there 5/26-6/1. First trip. Me, DH, and 2 sons, 7 yr old and 8 months old. Got 1 bedroom on points! Would you bring your own bikes down? How secure is the resort? Cameras? Patrols? Places to lock up bikes? Crime on HHI? Thanks!

there is NO crime here, at least not much... I livew here. Plus disney is kinda on it's own little island ish , you have to cross a little bridge and there is a guard, so yeah, you're safe as you're ever gonna be I'd imagine. except from the fire ants, and the noseeum's.

we moved here, LOL but will stay on the island resort a couple times... FYI, there is a piggly wiggly in shelter cove... great grocery store, BUT from 3pm on sat until around noon on Sunday t is a parking lot in there. I mean, carts in lines up and down every isle, no I am not kidding... its one of the only and the best grocery store in shelter cove. so all the time shares use it and they are almost all on a weekly sat check in out schedule...

Wow! The more I hear stories like this, about lines, the more I'm so glad we go off-season. Always shop at "the Pig" and the only line is maybe one person in front of us at check-out. And the one time we had a line to eat was when we went on Good Friday (AND it was the week of the Heritage Classic). Off-season is sounding better and better to us!

My partner and I will be there Apr 9-16. We're doing a day trip to Charleston on Wed and a day trip to Savannah on Thursday. Otherwise we plan on hanging out at the resort, exploring the island and relaxing.

April or May? Just want to get the dates right and you posted this in mid April.. ;)

Some pictures..
ry%3D400
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

YAY!!!:cool1::cool1: There are people gonna be there the same time as us now!!! Andrea, we will be there june 1st through june 8th. My oldest is almost 12 and will be in oct so there will be one boy around his age for a few days. my youngest is 9 almost 10. 40 days and we will be there!!

Tinks "SS";44668628 said:
YAY!!!:cool1::cool1: There are people gonna be there the same time as us now!!! Andrea, we will be there june 1st through june 8th. My oldest is almost 12 and will be in oct so there will be one boy around his age for a few days. my youngest is 9 almost 10. 40 days and we will be there!!

Yay!!! Excellent! Evan will be so excited to meet kids his age!!! Can't wait!! :goodvibes

There is a Super Wal-Mart (not good signage) before Sun City (before you go over the bridge) on the left (as you are approaching the island) that would be a good place to by umbrella and chairs.....and non-perishables. For groceries I go online and look at the Publix ad (also do this for OKW & Vero trips) make my list and shop there....they have good sales and are nice stores.

:banana:pirate::banana:

Returned home after a week at HHI, and loved the resort. Cast Members were great. Looking forward to going back again soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter