• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2012 Hilton Head Thread-Tips, Tricks, Roll Call..

We will be there week of June 3rd in a 2BR. It will be me, DW and DS37. We don't usually take DS with us on our trips because he doesn't like WDW. He really isn't wild about the beach either but a week of relaxing, reading, watching DVD's and of course eating some good food really appeals to him :). DD32 is staying home this trip because she is teaching school then. Right now plans are for her to go to WDW with us in November, but she has a boyfriend now so that could change.

Quentina and Friends....

June 23-June29
Adults-Ken, Kim, Linda and Chip
Kids-Matt 17, Quentin 14, Johnny 12, Breyden 10, Jolicia 9 and Antonio 7

We have a 2 bedroom and a studio....all points (I love owning at HHI)

I wish I owned more! Every couple of years because I've borrowed from my HHI points I only have enough points for a few nights and I have to cross my fingers and hope for the best at the 7month mark with my BWV points. Another 100 HH would be great! Alas..not happening, but I live in hope. LOL

We wil be there 5/26-6/1. First trip. Me, DH, and 2 sons, 7 yr old and 8 months old. Got 1 bedroom on points! Would you bring your own bikes down? How secure is the resort? Cameras? Patrols? Places to lock up bikes? Crime on HHI? Thanks!

Like Tinks said, the salt can be bad for the bikes, we have pretty nice mountain bikes, so we rent. We just lock them together outside our villa, not attached to anything(locks-and baskets-are supplied if you want them). I find the Disney resort extremely secure, and I've not heard of any issues on the island, but I'm sure there is some sort of crime as there is everywhere. My girlfriend.s parents have a condo there and between her family, her parents and her sisters family theres someone staying there 3-4 months out of the year and her aunt lives there full time and she's never mentioned anything to me about crime..I've never seen patrols or cameras, but that doesn't mean there aren't any.

We wil be there 5/26-6/1. First trip. Me, DH, and 2 sons, 7 yr old and 8 months old. Got 1 bedroom on points! Would you bring your own bikes down? How secure is the resort? Cameras? Patrols? Places to lock up bikes? Crime on HHI? Thanks!

See you then! Those are our basically our dates!

I have worked in a field related to law enforcement/security for over 20yrs, I would characterize it as safe.

Tinks "SS";44402975 said:
DVC SSR owner, If you have really good bikes, i don't advise bringing your own bikes. I have discussed this with my DH as we have bike racks and everything we need to take our bikes. My family (DH and boys) race BMX and mountain bikes so we don't take the chance on ruining anything on them from the sand and salt from the beach. We rented bikes last time and they were good bikes as well but made for the environment down there.

Thanks!

Count us in for a wonderful HHI trip this year! We will be there 9/3 - 9/9 with DH, DD, myself, DB and DSIL. We have a 2 bedroom room and hope to get as close to the main pool area as we can.

We have HHI as one of our home resorts and so glad that we do because we LOVE it. It is because of HHI that we actually joined DVC to begin with...I know that is odd for most folks.

This now makes our gazillionth trip to HHI and can't wait to be there again. I know the 6 nights will not be enough but we are sandwich'ing in our HHI stay along with WDW pre and post!

Hope everyone has a blast...I know we will...:cool1:

We love HH and have a small contract there. I wanted to bring bikes last year and hubby said no. So we just rented them at the resort they have plenty and this was mid august. Hubby and cousin got lost and went on a 15 mile ride. Mike the pool guy is a wealth of knowledge about HH and Savanah.

We will be here from 6/30 to 7/7. This is our first visit so I would love any tips or recommendations anyone could share:yay:

will shutterfly import on the pics here?? anyone know? I've got some on my shuttlerfly account and thinking of trying to post some of my pics of HHI. I will try shortly to see if it will work!

We will be there at the end of May for our second trip. We can't wait.:cool1:
This year we are bringing DBiL and his family again and also my in-laws. Our dates are 5/24-5/31.
Looking forward to new adventures this year.

hi, we will also be there April 7 to April 13 -- haven't been back to HH since 2003! Can't Wait!

We will be checking into a 2BR at HHI next Sunday for 5 nights. This will be our 2nd trip down but this time we are bringing the whole group. Had hoped for a grand villa or a 2br and a studio but have only been able to get the 2 BR so we will make do. We have myself, DH, DD, DSIL??, DS, DDIL, DGS 11, DGD 16, DGD 11. We are bringing air mattresses for the youngest ones. We hope to do a lot of relaxing, time by the pool and on the beach, enjoy the resort activities. DGD 16 wants to go to Savannah for part of a day, and eat at the pirate house. We also going to try to do a dolphin tour/crabbing if we can find a boat that will hold all of us. A lot of them seem to only take 6. Planning on cooking small meals and eating out like once a day. This will be a special trip as our DD just got back with her husband after being divorced for 9 years so a special trip for the whole family. Can't wait.:dance3:

Tinks "SS";44415100 said:
will shutterfly import on the pics here?? anyone know? I've got some on my shuttlerfly account and thinking of trying to post some of my pics of HHI. I will try shortly to see if it will work!
Yes, I've done it before. Looking forward to seeing some HHI pics!

Tinks "SS";44421225 said:
can you PM me the way to code it? I've played with it but haven't been able to figure it out yet. i will try again shortly!

thanks!!

Testing..
ry%3D400

We will be down for our first stay from 5/13 to 5/20. I'm taking my sister as a gift for her graduation from college. My wife and I are excited to try several of the restaurants in the area!

We will be down for our first stay from 5/13 to 5/20. I'm taking my sister as a gift for her graduation from college. My wife and I are excited to try several of the restaurants in the area!

Do you have any in mind? I always have so many I want to try, and never seem to get around to them all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter