2012 Dining Plan Prices and Brochure (BROCHURE REVISED 4/25/12)

Question: If I book a trip for December 2012, and they later add free dining, is there a way to modify my package, or would I have to cancel and re-reserve?

Question: If I book a trip for December 2012, and they later add free dining, is there a way to modify my package, or would I have to cancel and re-reserve?

If you booked a package with tickets, the promotion can be added to your package without changing it, assuming there is availability for free dining on your dates at the same resort and room level you booked. If there isn't availability, you may have to change to a different type of room or even a different resort.

If you booked a room-only reservation (not a package) it will need to be cancelled and rebooked as a package for you to add the free dining promotion.

If you booked a package with tickets, the promotion can be added to your package without changing it, assuming there is availability for free dining on your dates at the same resort and room level you booked. If there isn't availability, you may have to change to a different type of room or even a different resort.

If you booked a room-only reservation (not a package) it will need to be cancelled and rebooked as a package for you to add the free dining promotion.

Thank you very much! :goodvibes

I know this might be a silly question, but I just wanted to make sure of the rules. We are staying 7 nights 8 days with the regular DDP. Will we be able to use the final table service credit on the 8th day even though we've already checked out of our hotel? Just wanted to be sure! Thanks so much:)

Yes, you can use your credits anytime up to midnight AFTER you have checked out.

Novice of the dining plan, need help...

OK I am not a novice to Disney but we have chose to not do the Dining plan on previous visits (which have been YEARS ago).

My next trip can't come soon enough & it is over a year away, August 2013. With the weather getting nice here in the CT, it makes me think of summer & makes me think this trip is close but I know it isn't, well closer then yesterday.

We are a family of 5. DH & I both adults (most days) and 3 kids. They will be 12, 9 & 7 when we go in August 2013. So if we did the dining plan my oldest who is picky & wouldn't eat 'adult' foods would be a Disney Adult & have to order from the adult menu. I could possibly swing that another way & order her a kids meal via my son who eats like an adult some days & order for him off the adult menu but he is also picky plus has a few food allergies.

We are not big on TS & really only plan to go to Chef Mickey's & the Whispering Canyon Cafe other then that we LOVE CS meals. Yes I know we are crazy & people must think we are crazy but I am drooling just thinking about a taco salad from Mexico or one from the MK (seasonal place), I wouldn't miss a burger from Cosmic Rays or Peco's Bills and that is just the beginning of our CS love fest.

We also always buy a resort mug x5 so the thought of it being 'free' is great.

So here are my questions/concerns/issues:

If we got the dining plan we most likely would do the QSDP & pay OOP for the 2 TS meals we'd go to. It wouldn't make sense for us to get the regular dining because we won't/don't like to sit down every day for a meal.

But at the same time, is the QSDP really worth it?

I don't know the current price for the resort mugs.

When we go it will be value season in August but it isn't the free dining time (mid August I plan on going).

I know for the kids meals it looks worth it price wise since their meals are roughly $5 plus a snack so that brings me over the current $12/day per kid.

But for the adult meals, including my picky dd who will just eat a burger or chicken nuggets & won't eat a wrap (maybe she will???) is it worth it. Looking at the prices of some meals we like which I know will change & some are not current, most of the meals we do like to eat are about $10 give or take a dollar or 2. So that is $20-$25/day plus the snack. And to get more out of what we like, dh will order one thing & I will order the other & we split it.

Am I just not seeing this correctly? Most of the CS meals that we like are about $10 so that $35/day per adult, I think Disney will be making money off of us.

What about drinks? Are they included in the QSDP? Or do I have to buy them separate with each meal. I see with the kids meals it says drinks included. I plan on having my kids each carry their own thermos of water vs me being the pack mule.

And have I read correctly that I have to buy at least a one day ticket? That is an added expense I don't want to spend.

I normally do a Room Only. Hope for a code otherwise I book using AAA. Buy my tickets separate from AAA too.

So did I confuse you all? Because I am really confused.

I am thinking we should just pay OOP for all our meals but I still have over a year.

...When we go it will be value season in August but it isn't the free dining time (mid August I plan on going)...

...What about drinks? Are they included in the QSDP? Or do I have to buy them separate with each meal. I see with the kids meals it says drinks included...

...And have I read correctly that I have to buy at least a one day ticket? That is an added expense I don't want to spend.

I normally do a Room Only. Hope for a code otherwise I book using AAA. Buy my tickets separate from AAA too.

What are your August 2013 dates? There is historical precedent for free dining being available on August 15th. That did not happen for 2012, but we don't know what the mid August free dining dates are going to be. It could work out for you.

Yes, drinks and a dessert are included with each adult QS meal credit.

And yes, you need to buy a Magic Your Way plan with a minimum number of tickets included. You can't add the dining plan to a room-only reservation.

Thanks for the info!

I've already paid for my October vacation including DDP. I booked through AAA and they will automatically credit my CC if it becomes free (which I'm hoping). They did this once before so I know it to be true. Also I heard that if you book through Disney, they will credit you BUT you have to notify them to make the change.

Disney itself will not make the change automatically for you. You will need to call them and request application of the discount yourself once the discount becomes available, or if you book through a travel agent, instruct the travel agent to contact Disney to apply the discount when it becomes available.

Remember that if you book a room-only reservation and then later you want to change it to a package, it will need to be cancelled and rebooked, if you go this route you may want to check availability before you do any cancelling. If you have already booked a package, then the package discount can be applied as long as it is available for the resort and room category you booked. If it isn't available for the reservation you have, you may need to change resorts or room categories to get the discount.

Does the Disney Dining plan include an appetizer for the table meal??

For the most part (there are some exceptions), the Regular Dining Plan (1 TS, 1 CS, 1 snack/night) does not include appetizers.

The Deluxe Plan (3 meals, 2 snacks/night) includes appetizers at lunch and dinner for table service meals (breakfast and counter service meals do not).

For the most part (there are some exceptions), the Regular Dining Plan (1 TS, 1 CS, 1 snack/night) does not include appetizers.

The Deluxe Plan (3 meals, 2 snacks/night) includes appetizers at lunch and dinner for table service meals (breakfast and counter service meals do not).

i am a vacation club member and i got the dining plan info from there website for the reg plan it has this under the table service part

FOR BREAKFAST
Entrée
Non-alcoholic beverage
OR
FOR LUNCH/DINNER
Appetizer
Entrée
Dessert
Non-alcoholic beverage

i am also unsure about really saving money at 52 or so dollars a day. i figure 13 for a counter service meal and 4 dollars for a snack so that means i would need to spend 35 bucks at a sit down place. finding a meal at some of those places for that price point might be hard. If the Appetizer part is true then it will make sense. can some one help me i dont see how you save 20%

i am a vacation club member and i got the dining plan info from there website for the reg plan it has this under the table service part

FOR BREAKFAST
Entrée
Non-alcoholic beverage
OR
FOR LUNCH/DINNER
Appetizer
Entrée
Dessert
Non-alcoholic beverage

i am also unsure about really saving money at 52 or so dollars a day. i figure 13 for a counter service meal and 4 dollars for a snack so that means i would need to spend 35 bucks at a sit down place. finding a meal at some of those places for that price point might be hard. If the Appetizer part is true then it will make sense. can some one help me i dont see how you save 20%

The regular plan does not include an appetizer with either lunch or dinner.

I don't think the dining plan necessarily will save you money automatically. Part of the value is maximizing it so that it is a value to you. Using a table credit for an expensive character dining meal is a one example of that.

well i just called DVC and they told me it was a mistake on the PDF and there is no app included. they were trying to correct the mistake

new brochure dated 4/25/12 (on Disney website) now shows the correction, no app with TS on Reg dining plan ( as before )

so back to my math. I still cant understand how it make sense dollars and cents. at 52 a day unless you are rocking 36 dollar character buffets every day i would be hard pressed to order 52 dollars worth of food everyday. counter service between 8 to 13 snack 2 to 5 and sit down dinner 15 to maybe and this is a stretch 30. if you are not buying the peace of mind and can handle using cash or credit in a responsible way. i feel you lose. you still need to leave a tip and unsure about tax. i wish it would make sense to me but i does not......please someone explain this to me so i understand why everyone is all about it.

so back to my math. I still cant understand how it make sense dollars and cents. at 52 a day unless you are rocking 36 dollar character buffets every day i would be hard pressed to order 52 dollars worth of food everyday. counter service between 8 to 13 snack 2 to 5 and sit down dinner 15 to maybe and this is a stretch 30. if you are not buying the peace of mind and can handle using cash or credit in a responsible way. i feel you lose. you still need to leave a tip and unsure about tax. i wish it would make sense to me but i does not......please someone explain this to me so i understand why everyone is all about it.

Tax is included in the dining plan credits. Tips are not.

I would say there is a group of dining plan fans who are getting them during the free dining plan promotions. So when you see enthusiasm for the plan, some of the enthusiasm may be from those who aren't paying for the plan. I for one have always has a free dining plan of some kind -- I have never paid for it, and it's unlikely I ever would.

When you are considering buying the plan, I think you're on the right trail analyzing what you are really getting for your money. I don't think there's any real magic in the plan where it's considered a no-brainer to buy it. As you mention, some may be willing to pay for convenience and efficiency vs. actual cost of the food.

i tend to agree since i am a DVC member i can never receive a free dining plan. i would be all over it if it was free. once i have all my dining places booked i will analyze it. i just want to know how they can claim you could save up to 20%. if you could order that appetizer then i could see the savings. i will get to the bottom of this! i promise.

I am considering upgrading to the Deluxe plan as we have many Signature meals booked this trip for my adult family. We like to experience different restaurants at WDW, and in the heat of August, sitting down in AC is a must for us to "recharge". The meal credits on the Deluxe plan don't differentiate between TS and QS like on the regular plan. Am I to assume that I receive 3 TS meals per night with the Deluxe plan to use as I choose?

4 adults X 4 nights = 48 TS credits?

AND these meals receive an appetizer, correct? I know there was some confusion regarding the new brochures, and since I am just investigating, want to make sure this is accurate.

Thanks for your help!!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter