2012 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Part 3- Don't Post Here!!! New Thread, November 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say that these prices are all over the place! For instance, my husband charges $3 to wash my bras so it might be cheaper for me to have 'em done at the Beach Club.

The big disappointment however is the $20 PLUS to clean the jumpsuit. I was planning on having JanetMom make me a Beach Club "Super Groupie" jump suit so I could run around Storm Along Bay and rescue pool towels from unattended chairs. This jump suit would have to have a very intimidating design to ward off all the drunks and crabby people hogging up the chairs that no one will sit in. Perhaps something along the line of thunder bolts and references to menopause, that way nobody would mess with me. My slogan could be "If your fanny ain't in the seat, it's up for grabs on my beat!"

Unfortunately, super hero jumpsuits like these are definitely not wash and wear so I'm looking at a big dry cleaning bill. Bum me out!

:rotfl2::rotfl::rotfl2::rotfl:

C'mon lurking Dood's, come join the party!

:wave2:HI:wave2:

US TOO!!! Arriving (hopefully) at MCO at 8:45 am - boy are we gonna be tired - flight leaves at 6 am! Was I crazy or what?

The only way to arrive at Disney is on the first flight in -- nothing cures the tired traveler faster than driving under the Welcome sign - it's instant adrenaline

Suzie - love your signature - Jimmy Buffet and Zac Brown - what a perfect pair!! We just saw Zac Brown Memorial Day weekend in Saratoga - I think he's playing in your neck of the woods the first week in September?? Going?

And I think based on all of the chatter on this board about Grey Goose Slushies that the line from Kenny Chesney's Rockstar 'With the juice in the goose or the coke in the crown' - is a recurring theme for many of the BC/YC fans -- wait it just occured to me .... Candada is often an overlooked country in Epcot -- we can change that if they put in a Crown Royal Coke Slushie machine!!! :dance3:

SuzieQ811 said:
US TOO!!! Arriving (hopefully) at MCO at 8:45 am - boy are we gonna be tired - flight leaves at 6 am! Was I crazy or what?

The earlier the better! Gives you more time on the first day!

The big disappointment however is the $20 PLUS to clean the jumpsuit. I was planning on having JanetMom make me a Beach Club "Super Groupie" jump suit so I could run around Storm Along Bay and rescue pool towels from unattended chairs. This jump suit would have to have a very intimidating design to ward off all the drunks and crabby people hogging up the chairs that no one will sit in. Perhaps something along the line of thunder bolts and references to menopause, that way nobody would mess with me. My slogan could be "If your fanny ain't in the seat, it's up for grabs on my beat!"

~NM

You're a constant source of entertainment here!! :rotfl2::rotfl:

But wait, you need a 'thunder sound' button in your jumpsuit to go along with your thunderbolts. Nothing puts more fear in the heart of a seat hog than the loud sound of clapping thunder!!

You're a constant source of entertainment here!! :rotfl2::rotfl:

But wait, you need a 'thunder sound' button in your jumpsuit to go along with your thunderbolts. Nothing puts more fear in the heart of a seat hog than the loud sound of clapping thunder!!

Thank you.... but I don't think I need a 'Thunder sound button'. The Beach Club Super Groupie is powered by beans.

Nuff said!

~NM
PS. Think of THAT as my hidden super power and an excellent deterrent to boot!

Hi DansDad!!! :welcome:
:dancer:party::rockband:party::dancer:

Thanks for the welcome. This has been one of my favorite threads to keep up on. I stayed at BC solo years ago, like 1993, and really loved it.

When we started going as a family, we been staying at CBR and love it. I have been wanting to switch to BC for a while now. We prefer to go in October during Food and Wine, and would love to stroll on over to Epcot.

Our last 2 trips, we've eaten at Cape May and toured the resort. After last year, I pretty sure I've got my DW talked into upgrading to BC someday. Maybe not our 2013 trip because we've upped that one from 7 to 10 nights and the sticker shock would probably deter her from even entertaining the idea. So my plan is to wait until 2014 and plan a long weekend just the 2 of us during F&W. ;)

Can anyone please let me know how far the YC self-park is from the YC? Is it about the same distance as the BC self-park is from the BC?

Can anyone also please let me know what appetizers YC CL has on certain days? I'm trying to decide on my dinner reservations. On days where there's nothing we like, I'll reserve a table service and on days that they have something we like, we'll just do counter service.

Thank you in advance for your answers!

Thanks scottmel! You mentioned that all but 1 of the YC CL GV rooms face the wedding gazebo with a side view of the water. Just out of curiosity, where does that 1 other room face?

My daughter will be 13 when we visit too, so glad to hear your daughter liked the YC!

I am thinking it overlooks the FRONTof the resort. Like the Walkway area.Pretty view but Wedding Gazebo is prettier. Tricky thing on this view is the rooms that are further from the lagoon have a better view b/c there is this pillar that is on the balcony of the 2nd room from the left thatsort of screws up the lagoonview. You really have to lean. But still a pretty view.I would just request WEDDING GAZEBO - your chances should be excellent....

Hi. We are here now and I'm curious. Do people claim chairs by the pool in the morning before heading out to the parks? I have never seen so many "taken" chairs that just remain empty for hours. We usually stay at the poly or boardwalk, this is our first trip here. I've just never seen this at a pool before :(. We were there for four hours today and it was ridiculous.

Thanks for the welcome. This has been one of my favorite threads to keep up on. I stayed at BC solo years ago, like 1993, and really loved it.

When we started going as a family, we been staying at CBR and love it. I have been wanting to switch to BC for a while now. We prefer to go in October during Food and Wine, and would love to stroll on over to Epcot.

Our last 2 trips, we've eaten at Cape May and toured the resort. After last year, I pretty sure I've got my DW talked into upgrading to BC someday. Maybe not our 2013 trip because we've upped that one from 7 to 10 nights and the sticker shock would probably deter her from even entertaining the idea. So my plan is to wait until 2014 and plan a long weekend just the 2 of us during F&W. ;)

That sounds like a great plan. When you finally make it and you need a seat or two at the pool give me a call and I'll clear some out for you!

Our family pays for our trips in stages to help cushion the sticker shock. So far we've paid for annual passes and air fare. We have about $1700 left in hotel costs and I'll have around $500 in Disney Visa rewards points toward dining costs. Hopefully they'll have free ketchup at the Beach Club Market place so we can make tomato soup in our refillable mugs on a couple of nights.

Also look into those bounce back offers. In the past I've booked a moderate bounce back offer and I found out they will let you upgrade to a deluxe from that, but we weren't ready at that time, so we stayed at the Moderate. I think that the Fantasyland expansion project is going to affect the discounts on rooms that Disney will offer in the future, so we really have to keep an eye on the fine print of what offers are still out there.

Just think of all the great info you are getting on these boards that will help you eventually stay at the BC/YC for your dream trip! Good luck, great discounts and keep posting!!

~NM

Hi. We are here now and I'm curious. Do people claim chairs by the pool in the morning before heading out to the parks? I have never seen so many "taken" chairs that just remain empty for hours. We usually stay at the poly or boardwalk, this is our first trip here. I've just never seen this at a pool before :(. We were there for four hours today and it was ridiculous.

If you could help us get to the bottom of this it would be greatly appreciated. We've heard that the staff at the pool is cracking down on reserved chairs and removing towels from unoccupied chairs. At least this is supposed to be happening from what we've heard. We've also seen reports that some guests have asked for help from Pool CM's and they've been rebuffed. This is not ok and represents a failing on the part of the CM, based on what we have been led to believe.

Could you possibly talk with the staff and see what the real deal is. The best person to have this discussion with is the recreation manager. Ask for this person by that title. It shouldn't be a big deal to talk to this person and hopefully you will get the help that you need to resolve this problem.

Good luck and I wish you the best for your stay at the BC/YC

~NM

I'll be happy to ask around. Honestly, I'm totally turned off by the entire experience. Our family of four took two empty chairs today and three hours later someone got in our face and told us we took their chairs. So maybe the CMs are moving some towels? I don't know, but I've never been yelled at by another guest before.

I'll be happy to ask around. Honestly, I'm totally turned off by the entire experience. Our family of four took two empty chairs today and three hours later someone got in our face and told us we took their chairs. So maybe the CMs are moving some towels? I don't know, but I've never been yelled at by another guest before.

Another "trick" that you might want to consider is moving the empty chairs from the location that you found them in to a new location. The freaks who think they own those chairs won't know where they went and hence can't justify finding you and getting in your face. Just be sure to move around a corner so it looks like you disappeared and anyone watching won't be able to see the new location. It's crazy right now at SAB!

The other handy helper for this situation is to use the lockers that are located near Hurricane Hannah's to stash your stuff. They are free and they work out well for people who just need a place to put their stuff and will be spending most of their time in the water.

I'm so sorry you are having such trouble. We've seen other reports that it seems to be open season for chair hogging jerks at SAB. I think it's more so the time of year that this sort of thing happens. I don't remember reading about this in the Winter or Spring. Who knows about the Fall... we shall see.

~NM

We're taking a flight that leaves EWR at 6:00am too. I'm usually NOT a morning person for but I'll wake up at whatever time I need to when I'm going to Dis. Actually since the car is picking us up at 4, I probably won't sleep at all.

Hello, new to the thread here. Could anyone tell me if Yacht Club does turndown service? Staying there for the first time Jan 31-Feb 4!

Ninja Mom said:
Another "trick" that you might want to consider is moving the empty chairs from the location that you found them in to a new location. The freaks who think they own those chairs won't know where they went and hence can't justify finding you and getting in your face. Just be sure to move around a corner so it looks like you disappeared and anyone watching won't be able to see the new location. It's crazy right now at SAB!

The other handy helper for this situation is to use the lockers that are located near Hurricane Hannah's to stash your stuff. They are free and they work out well for people who just need a place to put their stuff and will be spending most of their time in the water.

I'm so sorry you are having such trouble. We've seen other reports that it seems to be open season for chair hogging jerks at SAB. I think it's more so the time of year that this sort of thing happens. I don't remember reading about this in the Winter or Spring. Who knows about the Fall... we shall see.

~NM

Thank you for the tips and advice. :). We have four year olds, and they like to run back to the chairs to dry their faces, drink some water, have a snack, keep changing their minds about the noodles... Lol! I do think guests should be able to take empty chairs without worrying that they were somehow claimed beforehand. It was uncomfortable for sure. If I was going to, uh, liberate some seats they would have at least been in the shade :D. We usually travel in the off season, and will be at AKL next month. This is our first August trip. We like the pool and will probably come back, but not this time of year.

Hello, new to the thread here. Could anyone tell me if Yacht Club does turndown service? Staying there for the first time Jan 31-Feb 4!

I believe only when you're staying Club Level. I'm hoping one of the experts will chime in if I'm wrong.

We're taking a flight that leaves EWR at 6:00am too. I'm usually NOT a morning person for but I'll wake up at whatever time I need to when I'm going to Dis. Actually since the car is picking us up at 4, I probably won't sleep at all.

Yep - it'll be more like a NAP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter