2012 Beach and Yacht FAQ ~ March, April and May ~Do Not Post Here-Old Thread

missoutandabout- DING!DING!DING!! We have a winner!!! This seems like the perfect way to go to me! (I especially like the beignets part!! :goodvibes)

Here's the newest plan. Please feel free to critique and make suggestions. As always, I welcome the insight...

4 Days Parks & 1 Night MNSSHP – 2 Nights POR / 4 Nights BC
Day -1: Latest N/S flight from Chicago, Check-in at POR ... Royal Guest Room!
Day 0: Leisurely morning gobbling down beignets then a day at MK.
Day 1: Bell Services Bags to BC, Ferry Boat to DTD, Lunch in DTD, Taxi to BC, Check in at CL, Swimming, Boardwalk in PM
Day 2: Walk to HS, Lunch at 50's Prime Time. Boat to BC / Boat to DHS / Starring Rolls and Fantasmic
Day 3: Breakfast at Swalphin's Fresh Market; Swimming in A.M; Prerequisite nap, P.M. at MNSSHP
Day 4: Day at Epcot
Day 5: Swim, Day at AK, DHS or Epcot (depending on how we feel), Cry, Fly Home. Spend an eternity wanting to go back.

Whatcha think?

This definitely my favorite plan so far! I was in the 4+1 camp, but this is even better, so I say go for it!

Two weeks from tomorrow! :cool1: :yay::banana:

Figured I needed to post my 1,000th post here!

I know I don't see this mentioned on here very often (maybe only for the annual July meet), but would anyone be interested in a meet next month? I'm thinking when Teena is working either on 6/10 or 6/11? Not a big production, just something short and sweet.

A lot can happen in a relatively short amount of time... A lot of strange things. Especially in this... my 'Mind of Madness' :crazy2::laughing: I have news for the two camps: the 2+2 camp and the 4+1 camp. It's a tie. Kinda sorta. A tie but with the 4+1 winning logistically but the 2+2 winning emotionally.

I sent my husband an email consisting of the words: "Tee and Hee" to which he didn't respond but asked what crazy schemes I was working on when he called on his way home. He knows me so well. I blamed the scheming and escalated insanity on you lovely Dis'ers as I always do. :hug: After much debunking of the "1 Night of All-Star Movies, 1 Night at CR and 4 Nights at our dreamy BC" plan, he made a suggestion. :idea: For him to even talk about Disney with any earnest is, in itself, quite a feat. He's truly turned into a fan, just not nearly as living-breathing-full-on-Disney-mental as we all here happen to be. :goodvibes

Here's the newest plan. Please feel free to critique and make suggestions. As always, I welcome the insight...

Day 1: Bell Services Bags to BC, Ferry Boat to DTD, Lunch in DTD, Taxi to BC, Check in at CL, Swimming, Boardwalk in PM
Day 2: Walk to HS, Lunch at 50's Prime Time. Boat to BC / Boat to DHS / Starring Rolls and Fantasmic
Day 3: Breakfast at Swalphin's Fresh Market; Swimming in A.M; Prerequisite nap, P.M. at MNSSHP
Day 5: Swim, Day at AK, DHS or Epcot (depending on how we feel), Cry, Fly Home. Spend an eternity wanting to go back.

Whatcha think?

So, we scrapped CR and its convenient walking distance and, on my husband's suggestion, we checked on availability at moderates. Lo and behold, POR had Royal Guest Rooms available with the room only discount. :lovestruc I showed him the pictures and his eyes lit up; the price being less expensive than the nights at ASM and CR was a bonus, too. :rolleyes: Even though we ditched the cool "walk to MK" factor, he and I are both quite excited about this newest plan. It's letting us do MK at an even more relaxed pace (which is why I was going for the 2+2 plan in the first place) and getting us an extra day at the parks at the end (4+1's!). Solves our "boring last day" dilemma too. One other thing I realized, I'm sure lots of you suffer from this ailment too: the "Night Before Disney Insomnia." I'm hoping I'll actually be better rested when we get there. I am, however, not willing to bet a dime on it. Can I breathe now? :laughing:

I really appreciate the feedback from you lot. Sorry for using everyone as a 'sounding board' but I absolutely knew I'd get top-notch advice. :grouphug:

LOVE this plan!! Tell your DH that he gets 2 thumbs up from me.

We are going in August on a bounce back offer from our trip in March. Assuming there is another bounce back offer in our room this summer, when do you think those dates will be good for? We like to go at the end of August..... Too late? :confused3

A lot can happen in a relatively short amount of time... A lot of strange things. Especially in this... my 'Mind of Madness' :crazy2::laughing: I have news for the two camps: the 2+2 camp and the 4+1 camp. It's a tie. Kinda sorta. A tie but with the 4+1 winning logistically but the 2+2 winning emotionally.

I sent my husband an email consisting of the words: "Tee and Hee" to which he didn't respond but asked what crazy schemes I was working on when he called on his way home. He knows me so well. I blamed the scheming and escalated insanity on you lovely Dis'ers as I always do. :hug: After much debunking of the "1 Night of All-Star Movies, 1 Night at CR and 4 Nights at our dreamy BC" plan, he made a suggestion. :idea: For him to even talk about Disney with any earnest is, in itself, quite a feat. He's truly turned into a fan, just not nearly as living-breathing-full-on-Disney-mental as we all here happen to be. :goodvibes

Whatcha think?

So, we scrapped CR and its convenient walking distance and, on my husband's suggestion, we checked on availability at moderates. Lo and behold, POR had Royal Guest Rooms available with the room only discount. :lovestruc I showed him the pictures and his eyes lit up; the price being less expensive than the nights at ASM and CR was a bonus, too. :rolleyes: Even though we ditched the cool "walk to MK" factor, he and I are both quite excited about this newest plan. It's letting us do MK at an even more relaxed pace (which is why I was going for the 2+2 plan in the first place) and getting us an extra day at the parks at the end (4+1's!). Solves our "boring last day" dilemma too. One other thing I realized, I'm sure lots of you suffer from this ailment too: the "Night Before Disney Insomnia." I'm hoping I'll actually be better rested when we get there. I am, however, not willing to bet a dime on it. Can I breathe now? :laughing:

I really appreciate the feedback from you lot. Sorry for using everyone as a 'sounding board' but I absolutely knew I'd get top-notch advice. :grouphug:

As far as the "night before disney insomnia" goes: I just got back from the beach club villas yesterday. On our arrival day. We had a 6:10am flight out of Newark airport which meant I was up from 2:40am! I have done this flight 2x now and was able to spend the entire day at the park with little to no problem. We were in bed by 9:30 that night and woke up the next morning for rope drop at MK with no issues at all. I think we were on adrenaline.

The only thing I would do different would be on the day you are going to MK I would just wake up and get to magic kingdom for the rope drop, the show as soon as the park opens is quite charming and a fantastic way to start off the day..plus you can get the attractions with bigger waits out of the way asap.

I would save the leisurely beignets for breakfast on the day you plan on going to dtd

I want to do online check in as I am worried about making our ADR when we arrive. I am unable to add a room request. It says I can, but I cant type in the box. Any suggestions? I have heard of people faxing in requests, but I can't remember the info. Is it on page 1? Thanks.s

I know I don't see this mentioned on here very often (maybe only for the annual July meet), but would anyone be interested in a meet next month? I'm thinking when Teena is working either on 6/10 or 6/11? Not a big production, just something short and sweet.

I love it when people have their milestone posts in this thread! :-)wave2:MickeyT) Congrats!! :banana:

missoutandabout- DING!DING!DING!! We have a winner!!! This seems like the perfect way to go to me! (I especially like the beignets part!! :goodvibes)

This definitely my favorite plan so far! I was in the 4+1 camp, but this is even better, so I say go for it!

LOVE this plan!! Tell your DH that he gets 2 thumbs up from me.

:grouphug: Thanks to all. We've not stayed in POR before but the Royal Guest Room sold us on the idea. I like the idea of the resort being big enough to walk around. Also, should a grown man be so excited over a Princess Room? I even explained it didn't come with an actual princess. :laughing:

As far as the "night before disney insomnia" goes: I just got back from the beach club villas yesterday. On our arrival day. We had a 6:10am flight out of Newark airport which meant I was up from 2:40am! I have done this flight 2x now and was able to spend the entire day at the park with little to no problem. We were in bed by 9:30 that night and woke up the next morning for rope drop at MK with no issues at all. I think we were on adrenaline.

Yes! It's always been that way for me when we've had an early morning departure, regardless of the destination.

The only thing I would do different would be on the day you are going to MK I would just wake up and get to magic kingdom for the rope drop, the show as soon as the park opens is quite charming and a fantastic way to start off the day..plus you can get the attractions with bigger waits out of the way asap.

I would save the leisurely beignets for breakfast on the day you plan on going to dtd

This is an excellent suggestion. :thumbsup2 If we're not crazy-tired the next morning, we might do it this way.

Just did online check in for YC CL!

:banana::banana::banana:

All of you, including Acpalmer, are almost there! So exciting. :dance3: Any of you doing trip reports? popcorn::

I want to do online check in as I am worried about making our ADR when we arrive. I am unable to add a room request. It says I can, but I cant type in the box. Any suggestions? I have heard of people faxing in requests, but I can't remember the info. Is it on page 1? Thanks.s

You are not able to include requests when you are doing the online checkin. Any requests must be added to your reservation, either by phone to the Disney reservation number or by your travel agent if you booked that way.

I haven't heard that faxing in a request to the BC/YC has been successful- I don't have the info on page 1.

What is your request?

How tight is the timing for your ADR?

I honestly don't think checkin is ever backed up too long at the Yacht or Beach. The best chance to make sure your request is met is to ask at the regular checkin before you get your keys. That will give the checkin CM the opportunity to see if your request was met and if not, to see if there is a room available that better suits your needs.

This info is on Page 1, Post 12 (the FAQ Section)

I don't post very often, but I read this thread daily. I just wanted to post that my family and I will be checking in to the YC cl on Friday. We are leaving today to drive to my parents' house. They live about 4 hours from us and about 5 hours from Disney. They are perfectly located almost exactly halfway there. We will head to Orlando tomorrow and spend one night in the Best Western Downtown Disney Hotel. Then, Friday morning, we will check in to the YC. Can I officially call today the beginning of my Disney trip? I say, "Yes!!!".

Thanks so much for the info. If we did do CL, could the boys (10) go in on their own to grab a drink/snack? Trying to give them a little independence and thinking if we felt comfortable letting them do that it would be a plus.
And is there always bottles of water/drinks? Just thinking of the convenience of being able to grab bottles on our way to the parks. I'm slowly getting "sold" on CL! Now I just have to convince DH!

I could be wrong, but I thought the age for going into the lounge alone was 12.

Ten year old boys I would allow to go in alone to get drinks, but not snacks.

Just came across the "official" paper handed out by the Stone Harbor Club Cast (doesn't that just make it sound authoritative?!) and it does "request" that all guests under the age of 10 be accompanied by an adult.

This was from 2010 though so it could be different now.

Just came across the "official" paper handed out by the Stone Harbor Club Cast (doesn't that just make it sound authoritative?!) and it does "request" that all guests under the age of 10 be accompanied by an adult.

This was from 2010 though so it could be different now.

Thanks! I actually asked the question on the Mom's Panel and this was the response:

The Club Level lounge is divided into two sections.
One area serves adult beverages while the other area serves snacks, soft drinks, fruit and other light treats throughout the day. Your boys will most definitely be able to visit the snack and beverage area any time they please and you don't need to accompany them. They should, however, be sure to have a Key To The World Card with them, to present as identification as Club Level Guests of the resort.

Thanks so much for choosing to visit the Moms Panel with your great question.

Wishing you a simply Magical time at Walt Disney World Carla!

Kirsten

So, I'm happy I asked. My boys will be well aware that if I see or get a report of inappropriate behavior, they will lose the privilege of going in alone. I kind of figured the cut off would be age 10 seeing as in Disney's eyes they are considered "adults" at that age. :rotfl::yay:

Thanks! I actually asked the question on the Mom's Panel and this was the response:

The Club Level lounge is divided into two sections.
One area serves adult beverages while the other area serves snacks, soft drinks, fruit and other light treats throughout the day. Your boys will most definitely be able to visit the snack and beverage area any time they please and you don't need to accompany them. They should, however, be sure to have a Key To The World Card with them, to present as identification as Club Level Guests of the resort.

Thanks so much for choosing to visit the Moms Panel with your great question.

Wishing you a simply Magical time at Walt Disney World Carla!

Kirsten

So, I'm happy I asked. My boys will be well aware that if I see or get a report of inappropriate behavior, they will lose the privilege of going in alone. I kind of figured the cut off would be age 10 seeing as in Disney's eyes they are considered "adults" at that age. :rotfl::yay:

Just an FYI, that answer is not accurate regarding separate areas for adult beverages and other snacks/drinks. There is only one area for food/drinks in the lounge. The wine/cordials are on the same counter as the food and the beer is in the same cooler as the soda.

Were you able to add a request?

Jenij, I just looked at the online check-in page. The request area is limited to a few check-off boxes, and you are not able to type in anything. You can request small balcony, large balcony, first floor, and I think one other thing. If your request is something different, you should call the WDW reservation center, and tell them you want to add a request to an existing reservation, and they will type it right in for you. They don't do faxes anymore. Good luck!

lurker here...I agree, your new plan is a winner! :thumbsup2

I currently have a split stay for BC and WL June 19-26. The WL was a last minute addition and I've since been debating changing resorts since BC is not available our last two nights. I was thinking of those Royal Suites over at POR, but it really depends on what we do for the last two days of our vacation. The advantage of WL would be a boat ride away to MK and I plan to take advantage of extra magic night hours on Sunday night. Monday maybe a water park and Tuesday we have an evening flight at 7:30 pm so we have a good part of the day to do something...haven't decided what.

Has anyone rented a boat from Contemporary for water skiing or family tubing? My only question is that if they don't want you swimming in that water why are they letting you get in it to water ski and tube? :eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter