2012/2013 Beach and Yacht FAQ- Closing Soon- New Thread Started- Don't Post Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
magicalmoments4 said:
We dodged quite a bullet by about 30 miles here in Western Michigan!!! We got 8" of snow, but about 30 miles and north is pretty bad, over 300 schools closed :sad2: My DS (10) was quite the pouter this morning because we still had school!!

:offtopic: What is with the Nemo and the storm? Can someone explain that to me? :thumbsup2

Sun is shining here and shoveling without a coat!!

It's 7:42pm, we have about 4" of powdery snow. Not even enough to warrant the snowblower yet. The best part is that EVERY school in a hundred mile (if not more!) radius was closed, and it didn't start snowing in the Capital Region (Albany NY) until almost dark!! My kids were in heaven!

First, our boys report that the Jib Slide no longer hurts their backs, and we had to literally pull our 6-year-old off it at the end of the day. Here's a photo path from the slide exit to the stairs:

Slide exit:

DSCN9842_zps8e423f6e.jpg

Hop out of the pool and follow the path:

DSCN9843_zpsacec872d.jpg

Here's what you'll see when you get to the end of the path out of SAB:

DSCN9844_zps8d903a3f.jpg

You'll turn to the right and walk toward the ship:

DSCN9845_zps1ffe57f1.jpg

Then you'll turn to the left and walk along the side of the ship:

DSCN9846_zpsb5cb3165.jpg

Keep walking along side the ship:

DSCN9847_zps7031efc1.jpg

Make a U-Turn and head up the stairs!

DSCN9848_zps78d070b1.jpg

Thanks Dee for posting the pics.

I'm Sunday and Monday this week. Off to the doctor in a few minutes. My head cold has turned into a sinus infection. My eyes and teeth hurt bad. Time for some antibiotics I'm afraid.

:sick: hope you're feeling better soon.

First, our boys report that the Jib Slide no longer hurts their backs, and we had to literally pull our 6-year-old off it at the end of the day. Here's a photo path from the slide exit to the stairs:

Slide exit:

DSCN9842_zps8e423f6e.jpg

Hop out of the pool and follow the path:

DSCN9843_zpsacec872d.jpg

Here's what you'll see when you get to the end of the path out of SAB:

DSCN9843_zpsacec872d.jpg

You'll turn to the right and walk toward the ship:

DSCN9845_zps1ffe57f1.jpg

Then you'll turn to the left and walk along the side of the ship:

DSCN9846_zpsb5cb3165.jpg

Keep walking along side the ship:

DSCN9847_zps7031efc1.jpg

Make a U-Turn and head up the stairs!

DSCN9848_zps78d070b1.jpg

Great pics. That's good to know about the slide. I tried it once, and it hurt my back too much to try again. Really stings when going over the seams. I wonder what they did to fix it? This August I'll give it another try now!

Teena - Hope you find some medicine to make you feel better! :goodvibes

PixarMom - What fantastic photo tours! You are the best. :) :thumbsup2

Wow - great improvements over at Hurricane Hanna's! I do hope they find more permanent fencing to separate the pool from the seating area - doesn't look quite right. But the setup is great - the bar is much improved and includes seating, everything looks updated and clean and the refill mug station is in its own alcove with the condiments - not in between the bar and the counter service area. Love it!

8430b74a-856e-40fb-8750-3cc36937b9ba_zpsc988175f.jpg

DSCN9856_zpsa3358d18.jpg

DSCN9855_zps56458def.jpg

DSCN0143_zps03a8d07c.jpg

DSCN9870_zps9a8bc1a1.jpg

DSCN9869_zps8628e200.jpg

DSCN9868_zpsb672d6ff.jpg

DSCN9859_zpsa92a2a3e.jpg

DSCN9858_zps86242ad7.jpg

DSCN9857_zpsa6d7f94a.jpg

DSCN9853_zps933e1f53.jpg

DSCN9852_zps9f530875.jpg

pixarmom said:
Over the years, we've set up camp in many different areas of SAB. I've spent a lot of time near the zero depth sandy area. Sometimes, if our boys are sliding a lot, we set up camp at the base of the slide. Other times, we're over near the kiddie pool that overlooks the lake. I usually avoid the rows of chairs right in front of the volleyball net - a bit too hectic for me.

I decided that the quiet area to the right of the hot tubs - sort of to the left of Beaches N Cream is my favorite area to swim. There's a little waterfall, part of it has a sandy bottom, and it's very rarely crowded at any time of year. And there are a few chairs to the right of that area that offer a nice view of different areas of the pool. It's a central location, but a bit tucked away. Now that all of our boys are strong swimmers, it's a nice spot for us.

A few photos - but don't let it get too crowded!

You found my spot! That's my favorite part of the pool too. :)

We dodged quite a bullet by about 30 miles here in Western Michigan!!! We got 8" of snow, but about 30 miles and north is pretty bad, over 300 schools closed :sad2: My DS (10) was quite the pouter this morning because we still had school!!!
In central Michigan (southeast central? :laughing:) I don't think we even got 6" which is fine by me, but school was still canceled much to my silly DS8's disappointment!

pixarmom, thank you for the awesome picture tours and menus! :thumbsup2

Thanks Janet and Sue! Sue, not sure if they actually fixed it, or if our boys are more tough than in the past, or if they were just so happy to use SAB while staying at BWI that it didn't bother them. But they definitely thought it was different from all their previous SAB slides - including their slides in October of last year.

medicgirl177 said:
It's 7:42pm, we have about 4" of powdery snow. Not even enough to warrant the snowblower yet. The best part is that EVERY school in a hundred mile (if not more!) radius was closed, and it didn't start snowing in the Capital Region (Albany NY) until almost dark!! My kids were in heaven!

I'm in Guilderland and we don't even have 2 inches right now at 8:00pm. Our district was the only one around that didn't close though, kids got their school day in. It's just picking up now a little. I doubt we get more than 6-8". Still not looking forward to the drive to Troy tomorrow morning for hockey though.

DSCN0115_zpse5c20972.jpg

DSCN0112_zps03753b9b.jpg

The sea racers!! The sea racers!! SO much fun for all and even our 13-year-old could drive. Our 12-year-old was old enough, but not tall enough. I didn't think I would be interested in driving, but I loved it too.

In central Michigan (southeast central? :laughing:) I don't think we even got 6" which is fine by me, but school was still canceled much to my silly DS8's disappointment!

pixarmom, thank you for the awesome picture tours and menus! :thumbsup2

Wait!!! :rotfl: School was cancelled for you!!! We should have had at least a 2 hour delay this morning so they could have plowed the school parking lot properly!! :mad: It was a mess, and I was waiting for everyone to get stuck!!! Where in Central Michigan? My DS has a teammate that goes to Mattawan, and they are on their 6th snow day this year!!! Thankfully, the sun was out today and melted the driveway and other roadways!!

Thanks for the info on the toiletries. The orange/mickey topped ones at CBR were really nice. I'm hoping the grapefruit is as well. Too bad they don't have mickey ears as well :( those bottles are really cute. Also, is there a lotion at BC? (That's one thing they CBR did not have in the rooms.)

Yes, all the Deluxe resorts get lotion.

You found my spot! That's my favorite part of the pool too. :)

Yay! So relaxing! :) Now that our boys are getting older and their swimming skills are so strong, I can actually start to think about things like this!

I'd like to know, too. :thumbsup2

Regarding the soy milk, something called Pearl was in stock at BC Marketplace last October. I think it's soy milk. You can see it near the milk in the photo of the case in my BC Marketplace photo thread: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3007564

DSCN8634_zpse2cf081a.jpg

DSCN8635_zps622a2005.jpg

As you can see, the SAB hours must be subject to change again. It was 10-10 when we stayed there in October and 10-8 in January/early February. You can see the removable thingy for the hours on the sign:

8d16641b-ece1-4846-989f-7f0a2cdd18ba_zps1a08b86f.jpg

Teena - Hope you find some medicine to make you feel better! :goodvibes

PixarMom - What fantastic photo tours! You are the best. :) :thumbsup2

What she said!

Teena- take care of yourself

Pixarmom- AWESOME!!!

These photo tours are perfect! I'll link the posts to the appropriate section on page 1.

And you got the picture of the ever-present golf cart. :rotfl2:

Your spot at SAB looks nice and relaxing. I won't tell about your new favorite place if you don't tell anyone about my secret seating section in the gazebo on top of Hurricane Hanna's!

Love the French bakery pictures- "Wine: It's what's for breakfast"

Mango coconut cake??? Buh-bye creme brulee!

I can't remember if I asked you to take the Marina Price Sign picture, but THANK YOU!!! I was playing around with that post last week and noticed the picture I have is a couple of years old.

Hi Robyn!

Just wanted to let you know that not only are turkey sandwiches on the kids' menu at BC Marketplace, but also over at the temporary Boardwalk Bakery. They also offer grown-up turkey sandwiches.

Sounds like a few options for turkey remain!

DSCN9793_zps90e21ea4.jpg

DSCN8587_zps7c8834e9.jpg

DSCN8559_zpsbc71f051.jpg

And you got the picture of the ever-present golf cart. :rotfl2:

I won't tell about your new favorite spot at SAB if you don't tell anyone about my secret seating section in the gazebo on top of Hurricane Hanna's!

Love the French bakery pictures- "Wine: It's what's for breakfast"

Mango coconut cake??? Buh-bye creme brulee!

Deal on the SAB spots! I thought of your favorite gazebo top spots and grabbed a couple photos:

DSCN8704_zps71df9da8.jpg

DSCN9839_zps6a2b10e1.jpg

And this time, we rode in the golf cart back to BWI! Nice service. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter