2012/2013 Beach and Yacht FAQ- Closing Soon- New Thread Started- Don't Post Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, everyone!! :wave2:

I know I've been absent from the thread since I came back from my trip, but the holidays (and work!) have been very busy for us. I simply don't have time to do a full-on trip report, but I did upload a bunch of my pictures of Club Level offerings to my flickr account for everyone to peruse.

http://flic.kr/s/aHsjDo69vP

You'll also find a few stray shots of things other than appetizers and snacks in there. ;)

I did do a semi-trip report with photos for my health and fitness blog if you're interested.

Surviving Disneyworld Part I

Surviving Disneyworld Part II

Surviving Disneyworld Part III

Those three posts focus a bit more on how I managed to survive a trip to the World while staying on Weight Watchers and getting in my exercise :rotfl:, but you'll find plenty of info about our experiences that doesn't involve food (LOL) as well as pictures of fun stuff.

I will probably not be able to get back to this wonderful thread for a while because life is just SO busy right now, but I can tell you with a certainty that we WILL go back to the Yacht Club, and we'll definitely do Club Level again. I don't know when, but it's going to happen!!

I can't stress enough how awesome our trip was, and I have the great folks here to thank for it in great part, because the knowledge I gained here was invaluable! Thank you all SO much for the great things you do on this thread, and especially to Dee for her awesome work at keeping things organized.

Happy holidays to all! I'll be back around when I can!!

Wow!!! Thank you for sharing your awesome photos! Really great, detailed pictures of the club level offerings!!! You know I will find a way to use them.

So helpful, since lots of people have been trying to figure out if they want to stay club level or not.

So glad to hear you will be back, when you can, to the Yacht Club. Make sure you come in and check in on us once and a while!!!

Hello,

I was wondering if I could get some info. regarding BC rooms. I am currently booked at the BWI standard CL for January. But, after bookiing I was informed that the main pool will be closed and the two quiet pools will be available. I decided to change resorts. It just feels like if I'm paying deluxe rates that the main pool/bar area being closed is not the best value for the $.

I've stayed at the BC standard CL room a couple years ago. Although, CL is always nice I was not entirely sold on the BC CL but I want to try and keep the cost the same as my current reservation to make things simplier. So, if I book BC CL room with lagoon view, will this room have a full balcony (I will add that a balcony is important to me. I like to spend as much time on it while in the room). I might also be interested in a lagoon view first floor with a patio. Are these rooms hard to get and are many blocked by bushes, etc.?

We will be in Disney beginning January 17th, so not much time to make a decision. I called this morning and there are rooms available right now.

Any information is appreciated:)

Let us know if you have made the switch!

Please add us to the be our guest list. =)

March 19-23 (then on to the Disney Fantasy)

:welcome:

Sounds like a great trip! I"ll add you to the list.

:cool1:

You girls are wizard, thanks for all your info you know how to present something when you get so passionate about it all, my DH has been reading along and you have been very persuasive so we did it we changed our booking to a CL standard room figuring to extra convenience and nibbles will be mighty handy for us. As long as the room is well maintained we can be happy and there will be plenty to do at the resort during the day if we pop back from the parks for a mid day break from crowds and heat. Our son still doesn't know where we will stay so this will be a huge surprise for him too!!

:woohoo: for CL! I'll add that to your listing.

And we need to make sure that NM gets the commission for all the CL bookings coming up. I think that is how she is planning on paying for the next BC CL stay! ;)

Hi Everyone!:wave2:

We booked yesterday for 5/24-6/1 in a GV room at BCR. Super excited! I have been saving this resort for our little ones to be big enough to really enjoy the pool area. Can't wait!
I am sort of hoping for a special on the 5/26 Dream sailing. If we get it we will split our vacation to 4 nights cruise and 4 nights BCR. Won't know until about 60 day out from the cruise, as thats when they typically release those rates.
Either way, we are super excited to stay at the BC!!

I booked just a few ADRs yesterday as we have been so many times that now we just do a few sit down meals. They are so time consuming! We have BOG dinner, Ohana dinner, CMC breakfast, 50sPTC dinner. CMC and BOG are new to us. May throw in a meal or two in Epcot, but we like several of the counter service options there, so maybe not. :goodvibes

I think you'll be very happy with your stay at the BC.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:banana::banana::banana:

I love, love, love the convenience of the World Showcase CS restaurants and Sunshine Seasons. Quite often, my family will do "take out" from Japan, or Morocco or France (great sandwiches) or Sunshine Seasons and take it back to the resort. The only thing we have learned is that they don't have bags equiped to carry the goodies, so we either bring our own, or when we take out from SS, we have asked for a merchandise bag from the very small Soarin' gift shop.

Hi all.

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas. I'm back from babymooning to lurk the thread. Planning a Fall 2013 visit with BC CL in mind. :lovestruc

Let us know as your plan comes together! Congrats on the new addition to your family.

:love:

OK, I think I got all caught up this morning. Please take a moment to check out the list and see if I have your info listed correctly.

Thanks!

Dee

Post 15: Be Our Guest list

Hello,

I was wondering if I could get some info. regarding BC rooms. I am currently booked at the BWI standard CL for January. But, after bookiing I was informed that the main pool will be closed and the two quiet pools will be available. I decided to change resorts. It just feels like if I'm paying deluxe rates that the main pool/bar area being closed is not the best value for the $.

I've stayed at the BC standard CL room a couple years ago. Although, CL is always nice I was not entirely sold on the BC CL but I want to try and keep the cost the same as my current reservation to make things simplier. So, if I book BC CL room with lagoon view, will this room have a full balcony (I will add that a balcony is important to me. I like to spend as much time on it while in the room). I might also be interested in a lagoon view first floor with a patio. Are these rooms hard to get and are many blocked by bushes, etc.?

We will be in Disney beginning January 17th, so not much time to make a decision. I called this morning and there are rooms available right now.

I'm bumping up your question- I provided some of the info you were asking about in a separate thread, but I don't have any experience with the first floor rooms. Anyone able to help here- especially if you have stayed in a first floor WV room?

Here's a picture of the back of the Beach Club, taken from the water- hopefully this will give you an idea of the growth between the rooms and the water.

P1110758.jpg

P1110775.jpg

I know I've been absent from the thread since I came back from my trip, but the holidays (and work!) have been very busy for us. I simply don't have time to do a full-on trip report, but I did upload a bunch of my pictures of Club Level offerings to my flickr account for everyone to peruse.

http://flic.kr/s/aHsjDo69vP

You'll also find a few stray shots of things other than appetizers and snacks in there. ;)

I did do a semi-trip report with photos for my health and fitness blog if you're interested.

Those three posts focus a bit more on how I managed to survive a trip to the World while staying on Weight Watchers and getting in my exercise :rotfl:, but you'll find plenty of info about our experiences that doesn't involve food (LOL) as well as pictures of fun stuff.

I will probably not be able to get back to this wonderful thread for a while because life is just SO busy right now, but I can tell you with a certainty that we WILL go back to the Yacht Club, and we'll definitely do Club Level again. I don't know when, but it's going to happen!!

I can't stress enough how awesome our trip was, and I have the great folks here to thank for it in great part, because the knowledge I gained here was invaluable! Thank you all SO much for the great things you do on this thread, and especially to Dee for her awesome work at keeping things organized.

Happy holidays to all! I'll be back around when I can!!

Thank you so much for posting the links to your blog. You are a true inspiration! :goodvibes

Steph H
You know this is the stuff legends are made of around here. Great pictures and great trip report. Oh yeah. I just spent an hour gazing at ALL your TR's and blogs. :surfweb:

Thank you so much for sharing.

I might also be interested in a lagoon view first floor with a patio. Are these rooms hard to get and are many blocked by bushes, etc.?

We have had first floor rooms three times, all as free upgrades. pixiedust: Two of them faced the lagoon. There weren't any bushes blocking the view. It is a very nice view from the room. The disadvantage to the first floor rooms facing the lagoon is that everyone walking by can see you sitting there. I think the balconies are much more private.

Hi all!
We are trying out the Beach Club, club level for our next trip. Since we have never stayed there I need help with a room type. We are doing club level and want to be on the same floor as the lounge (close to it if possible) with a full balcony and a nice view. I would trade a full balcony for a better view-what do you think about that? Can you see Epcot from any of the rooms? Any advice on what room type to book would be great! Thanks! :)

We have had first floor rooms three times, all as free upgrades. pixiedust: Two of them faced the lagoon. There weren't any bushes locking the view. It is a very nice view from the room. The disadvantage to the first floor rooms facing the lagoon is that everyone walking by can see you sitting there. I think the balconies are much more private.

Thank you so much for your response! One more question, if you don't mind? Someone asked several pages ago about whether the door to the patio locks when you go out, or if it is possible for you to lock it from the outside and exit the room that way.

What was your experience with that?

Thanks, again!

Let us know as your plan comes together! Congrats on the new addition to your family.

:love:

Thanks Dee!

I was pretty active on this thread before kid 3.0 and now I feel like I'm totally out of the loop! Time to get reading and planning during the wee hour feedings!

But first I have to go read up on your Disney chaperoning trip! I remember reading about the possibility and thinking it could be interesting so I can't wait to read the reality. :rotfl2:

Ok Folks…..Here we go.

I know my ticker says one week and two days but we will actually be in WDW this time next week.

I had originally planned 4 nights at BCV’s. Then I added 4 nights at BLT’s. Then I added 1 night at CR Atrium Club with TPV. Then 1 night offsite. I know, I know. Everybody says they love discounts but they really cost me. I see them and can’t resist. Wife just shakes her head and smiles!

We are driving down next Friday and staying offsite 1 night. We will then spend our first Disney night at CR and then move over to BLT for four nights. We’ve never stayed at either so we’re pretty excited about trying two new resorts. Grandson (15) is riding down with us and staying through Tuesday. We’re shipping him back on Tuesday so he can get back to school. (Thank you Southwest for making this possible).

Then on Thursday we will move again to BCV’s to a 2 BR. My 2 sisters and 2 BIL’s will then join us. All six of us are scheduled do the ½ Marathon on Saturday the 12th. This will be our 5th year. As our Celebration Dinner we have Be Our Guest booked on Sunday night

So as you can see we’ve got a lot planned. Hoping we can pull all this off. Thank goodness I have a wife that packs well.

Wow!!! Thank you for sharing your awesome photos! Really great, detailed pictures of the club level offerings!!! You know I will find a way to use them.

So helpful, since lots of people have been trying to figure out if they want to stay club level or not.

So glad to hear you will be back, when you can, to the Yacht Club. Make sure you come in and check in on us once and a while!!!

I will!! Our Disneyworld trip to the YC was such an amazing experience...coming back here just makes me all warm and fuzzy for the love. Plus, I do have several trip reports I want to finish reading. :)

I did want to also say that, in case it wasn't understood, you are welcome to use any of my pictures that are on the flickr account or on my blog. If you want one of the ones from my blog (which are watermarked), let me know and I'll send you the original. I actually have over 1500 pictures :-)eek: that's not an exaggeration) from our trip, so if there's a shot you're looking for, let me know...I might have it. ;) I did take TONS more photos of the resort, the pool and our view. It was SUCH a great trip, I just couldn't stop taking pictures!!

Thank you so much for posting the links to your blog. You are a true inspiration! :goodvibes

Steph H
You know this is the stuff legends are made of around here. Great pictures and great trip report. Oh yeah. I just spent an hour gazing at ALL your TR's and blogs. :surfweb:

Thank you so much for sharing.

Thank YOU both for the nice words. I'm glad you enjoyed my "non-standard" trip report, lol. :rotfl:

Happy holidays, all!

Thrilled to say I'll be able to experience another sisters-only getaway weekend, thanks to a very generous sis & brother-in-law! Sadly, not at BC this time- we'll be checking out the view from across the lake on March 1, at Boardwalk! I've been checking out the BWI thread- lots of info, but a whole different vibe from our BC/YC thread! The Luna clown pool is about to go into refurb, and there is much hubbub about whether or not BWI guests will be able to visit SAB. I suppose this happens every time there's a pool issue in the area, huh? The pool is a non-issue for me-it's supposed to be open by the time I visit, but I doubt I'll be swimming at that time of year anyway. I like it nice and hot when I swim! Interesting to read the comments, though, and the completely different information people are getting from various sources (DVC vs. front desk vs. CL IPO)....

While I won't be staying BC this time, I'll definitely make my way over for a visit :thumbsup2 (Maybe for breakfast at Marketplace, since the boardwalk bakery will also be closing for refurb.)

Great pics of Princess Lily! Happy New Year everyone!

Thank you so much for your response! One more question, if you don't mind? Someone asked several pages ago about whether the door to the patio locks when you go out, or if it is possible for you to lock it from the outside and exit the room that way.

What was your experience with that?

Thanks, again!

You could only lock the patio door from the inside. We would often let everyone out the patio door, except one person. They would then lock the door from inside the room, then run to catch up. :)

Yay for all the fantastic pictures and posts! I hope everyone has a Very Mickey New Years that is in the Wonderful World of Disney!! (Jealous!!) In NY we are freezing and snowed in (compared to sunny WDW). I am living vicariously through those of you on your way. I have to say that I am already making a mini-list in Notes on my iPhone for our May trip (DH is rolling his eyes, since it's not like we've never been and he already laughs as I pack hangers, small empty plastic bins and ziplock bags etc in an empty suitcase....)

~JL

natebenma said:
OK, I think I got all caught up this morning. Please take a moment to check out the list and see if I have your info listed correctly.

Thanks!

Dee

Post 15: Be Our Guest list

Dee I moved our dates to May 31 -June 8!!!

Thanks in advance!!

Jeanne and Lily returned to Vegas yesterday. :(

But Teena said it was the best holiday of her life, watching Lily enjoying Florida and all things Disney!

Bye for now! Hope to see you soon!

airport2.jpg

We princesses need to stick together! Do you want to visit my kingdom sometime?

airport1.jpg

Just finished reading your blog/fitness posts. :worship: Awesome job sticking to your plan without depriving yourself! Loved it!

Hi all!
We are trying out the Beach Club, club level for our next trip. Since we have never stayed there I need help with a room type. We are doing club level and want to be on the same floor as the lounge (close to it if possible) with a full balcony and a nice view. I would trade a full balcony for a better view-what do you think about that? Can you see Epcot from any of the rooms? Any advice on what room type to book would be great! Thanks! :)

When is your trip?

What view category have you (or will you) book?

The nicest views of course are water view, which are the most expensive, and don't really give you a view of EPCOT, I don't think (but you will be gazing at either a pool or the lagoon, with the Boardwalk Inn in the background.

I think some of the BC club level garden views may have "peek-a-boo" views of EPCOT. Maybe a glimpse of Space Ship Earth or the Eiffel Tower. I also remember one person who had an excellent view of the Canadian Pavillon, but I don't know if that was from club level or not. The views from garden view rooms will be of something green- either courtyard or woods. I believe all of the BC CL GV rooms DO have full balconies.

The standard view BC CL rooms will look out over roof tops or the parking lot.

Garden view rooms are usually just a few dollars ($10-$15 or so) more per night than the garden view rooms.

Thanks Dee!

I was pretty active on this thread before kid 3.0 and now I feel like I'm totally out of the loop! Time to get reading and planning during the wee hour feedings!

But first I have to go read up on your Disney chaperoning trip! I remember reading about the possibility and thinking it could be interesting so I can't wait to read the reality. :rotfl2:

Forgot to comment on your goal to check out my trip report. My husband finally got around to reading it this week. He commented "Well, that wasn't very uplifting!" As you may have noticed, I am usually a pretty upbeat person, but there were parts of that trip that really tested me and my sunny disposition!

Let me know what you think!

Ok Folks…..Here we go.

I know my ticker says one week and two days but we will actually be in WDW this time next week.

*snip*

So as you can see we’ve got a lot planned. Hoping we can pull all this off. Thank goodness I have a wife that packs well.

Mike, through my extreme jealousy, I am wishing you the most awesomest of trips! Can't wait to hear all about it and see your pictures. Especially from your TPV room!!!

Thrilled to say I'll be able to experience another sisters-only getaway weekend, thanks to a very generous sis & brother-in-law! Sadly, not at BC this time- we'll be checking out the view from across the lake on March 1, at Boardwalk! I've been checking out the BWI thread- lots of info, but a whole different vibe from our BC/YC thread! The Luna clown pool is about to go into refurb, and there is much hubbub about whether or not BWI guests will be able to visit SAB. I suppose this happens every time there's a pool issue in the area, huh? The pool is a non-issue for me-it's supposed to be open by the time I visit, but I doubt I'll be swimming at that time of year anyway. I like it nice and hot when I swim! Interesting to read the comments, though, and the completely different information people are getting from various sources (DVC vs. front desk vs. CL IPO)....

While I won't be staying BC this time, I'll definitely make my way over for a visit :thumbsup2 (Maybe for breakfast at Marketplace, since the boardwalk bakery will also be closing for refurb.)

Great pics of Princess Lily! Happy New Year everyone!

Good to see you! Hooray for your sisters-only getaway! :cool1:

You could only lock the patio door from the inside. We would often let everyone out the patio door, except one person. They would then lock the door from inside the room, then run to catch up. :)

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter