2011 Yacht & Beach Club FAQ, Part III- DO NOT POST HERE- Summer/Fall

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always liked the idea of staying at Beach Club.

Right now we have Boardwalk in mind but since Halloween is starting to roll around my daughter (4 years old) is being exposed to the cold hard truth... clowns are freakin' scary!!! And now she is pretty convinced that the Boardwalk clown at the pool will be too. Soooo... time to let go of that idea since we'll be going when we'll want to swim.

Like I said I have always thought BC was really pretty.... but I am worried about room views and crowded SAB. Both are pretty petty worries but I would love to get a room that looks over the pool out to the Boardwalk and would love some honest opinons about the pool crowd.

Thanks! :flower3:

Not a problem! Here's a shot of what the scaffolding looked like as of yesterday morning:

I won't lie, during the week, it was a bit noisy, but only if you were right on the balconies close to the construction. I would probably have been upset if they gave me a room with the scaffolding in front of it, but overall it didn't detract from our view at all. :goodvibes

To be honest, the love bugs kept us off the balcony in the afternoon more than the construction did! Icky bugs....:rotfl2:

Thank you so much for this! It definitely helps (me at least) to have an idea of the impact in advance so I can manage my expectations.

Hope you had a wonderful trip. Can't wait to read your trip and dining reports!!!!

Thank you so much for this! It definitely helps (me at least) to have an idea of the impact in advance so I can manage my expectations.

Hope you had a wonderful trip. Can't wait to read your trip and dining reports!!!!

I'm sure you'll have an amazing trip, no matter what! We had a major disaster our first night, and we still both feel like this was the best vacation we've had in years.:thumbsup2

Enjoy your trip!:goodvibes

Has anyone stayed in either 563 or 561 in the studio villa at the beach club? How is the view? Can u see the fireworks from Epcot? Are these two villas located in near the elevator? I want to request one or both of these rooms, yes I know it's not a guarantee, but hoping since it's our daughter's first trip and also her 9th bday (5/17-5/24, 2012) maybe Mickey can work some magic for us. Also has anyone gone in May and how is the weather and the bug situation on the balconies? Thank you for your help.

I'm not sure if it's still around because my kids did it in 2008.
It was out of the Polynesian and it was similar to the regular Pirate Cruise but haunted (and at night). My kids LOVED it!

Ahh might not be around anymore! lol I love anything haunted. We are doing Pirates and Pals, which is at night, so it can be a close second! :)

I got my Mickey Mail today, Finally!!! only 24 more days!

Yeah! Just got my travel docs in the mail! Leaving a week from Friday - one night at ASSP (we drive down amd arrive late) then sat am waking up early to check in at the YC.

I can not sit still we leave in 4 weeks!!!

what is the current status of construction at the beach club?

Hi everybody! First I will announce my big news on Friday if everything goes right!

Second, my DH and I are thinking of doing a tone down version of drinking around the world. Here is the plan. Split one drink per country (except France) to try what the country is famous for. Please help me fill in the blanks and I am guessing 10.00 per drink on high end. Any recomendations, ideas, and/ or pictures are welcomed!

Mexico: Margarita (recomendations, we have no dinning plans)
Norway:
China:
Germany: German beer
Italy:
America: Samual adams beer I guess
Japan: Saki
Marracco:
France: Champane, and a slush (recomendations)
UK: Gunneiss
Canada: (lunch at LeCellier)

Also planning on a cocktails at Ohana's. I usually get the lupa, lupa but I saw a picture of a cocktail in a coconut. Do they serve that there also or just at the lua? Also eating at California Grill any drink recomendations (under 20 dollars)

♥♥LittleSeaRose♥♥;42760162 said:
I've always liked the idea of staying at Beach Club.

Right now we have Boardwalk in mind but since Halloween is starting to roll around my daughter (4 years old) is being exposed to the cold hard truth... clowns are freakin' scary!!! And now she is pretty convinced that the Boardwalk clown at the pool will be too. Soooo... time to let go of that idea since we'll be going when we'll want to swim.

Like I said I have always thought BC was really pretty.... but I am worried about room views and crowded SAB. Both are pretty petty worries but I would love to get a room that looks over the pool out to the Boardwalk and would love some honest opinons about the pool crowd.

Thanks! :flower3:

Welcome!!! A few pieces of background information: 1) We've stayed at BC several times and the Boardwalk once; 2) we really love both BC and BWI for different reasons; 3) we also have a 4-year-old (along with two pre-teens); and 4) I really dislike clowns. So hopefully the following information will be helpful!

Pool Crowds If you are planning to swim and the pool is important to you, nothing beats SAB. Our BC stays have included trips during the months of January, February, March, July and August. Regardless of the time of year, SAB has always felt less crowded to me than other Disney resort pools. I think it's because SAB is so big, so there is room to spread out. Now I can't comment on lounge chairs because we usually just use one for our stuff and as a "base" and then we're all in the pool. But in the actual pool, it's never felt the least bit crowded - even in the middle of a summer afternoon. I'm very sensitive to crowds, and SAB has always been quite comfortable. Last month, we stayed at both BC and BWI and it felt more crowded at the BWI pool - it's just a smaller space.

The Clown We booked BWI CL and our room had a beautiful Boardwalk view. As a result, the only time we saw the clown was when we were in the pool. And that slide was so fun that we didn't pay attention to the clown. Our 4-year-old doesn't like anything "scary," and it didn't bother him a bit. On the other hand, I always make him a trip book before we go and I included photos of the "silly clown," so that may have helped!

The View BWI: We had a great view of BC/YC and the lake when we stayed at BWI CL last month. The view was really incredible and our balcony was very close to the water, right above Flying Fish. We could watch the Friendship Boats in the morning and the evening, and we could see the MK fireworks over BC/YC at night. I posted those over on the BWI photo thread, so I'll try to stay on topic and not re-post here!

BC: BC also offers some really nice views. Here are a few photos of the view from our room last month:

16c728b1.jpg

8cfae18d.jpg

b6d3340d.jpg

024858af.jpg

I think Dee is collecting "BC views," so she may have some to share, too!

Please let us know if you have additional questions!! :wizard:

Hi Heather!

I highly recommend the grey goose slushie in France! I know many are fans of the Grand Marnier, but I don't think anything beats the GG slushie! (I think MM may be with me!) Unfortunately, I don't have any photos, because it goes straight into the refillable mug for easy transport. :)

Have a great time!

Pool Crowds If you are planning to swim and the pool is important to you, nothing beats SAB. Our BC stays have included trips during the months of January, February, March, July and August. Regardless of the time of year, SAB has always felt less crowded to me than other Disney resort pools. I think it's because SAB is so big, so there is room to spread out. Now I can't comment on lounge chairs because we usually just use one for our stuff and as a "base" and then we're all in the pool. But in the actual pool, it's never felt the least bit crowded - even in the middle of a summer afternoon. I'm very sensitive to crowds, and SAB has always been quite comfortable. Last month, we stayed at both BC and BWI and it felt more crowded at the BWI pool - it's just a smaller space.

Thanks for the very helpful info and comparisons of the two resorts, pixarmom.

My two trips have been in July. We never found the pool too crowded to enjoy ourselves. We were always able to find a chair or two free, but it wasn't always easy since we would arrive at the pool in mid-afternoon. But here's our super secret tip- there are usually chairs that are not taken in the upper level of the gazebo. Shhhhh- Dont tell anyone!

Hi everybody! First I will announce my big news on Friday if everything goes right!

Second, my DH and I are thinking of doing a tone down version of drinking around the world. Here is the plan. Split one drink per country (except France) to try what the country is famous for. Please help me fill in the blanks and I am guessing 10.00 per drink on high end. Any recomendations, ideas, and/ or pictures are welcomed!

Mexico: Margarita (recomendations, we have no dinning plans)
Norway:
China:
Germany: German beer
Italy:
America: Samual adams beer I guess
Japan: Saki
Marracco:
France: Champane, and a slush (recomendations)
UK: Gunneiss
Canada: (lunch at LeCellier)

Also planning on a cocktails at Ohana's. I usually get the lupa, lupa but I saw a picture of a cocktail in a coconut. Do they serve that there also or just at the lua? Also eating at California Grill any drink recomendations (under 20 dollars)

Two suggestions
Italy: Either Limoncello or Prossecco
China: Warning ... it's strong and only if you like cantolopes. Cantoloopy

Oh and i'm another one voting for the Grey Goose Slushie over the Grand Marn. Has anyone ever tried the special one they have during F&W? I am wondering if its worth passing up a second GG for it.

Oh and i'm another one voting for the Grey Goose Slushie over the Grand Marn. Has anyone ever tried the special one they have during F&W? I am wondering if its worth passing up a second GG for it.

The special slush in France last year was a Cosmopolitan Slushy. It was awesome. My DH and I kept rotating everytime we walked through France. (which we did.... alot) ;) I got the Cosmo, he got the Lemon Slush, we each drank half and switched.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter