• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2011 Wine & Dine Halloween 5k Fun Run

I just wanted to drop by and say good luck to everyone and have fun :thumbsup2 I did this race last year since I wasn't sure about whether or not I wanted to take up these kinds of races, and I got bit. Running towards MK as the sun was coming up was so much fun, and hopefully y'all will enjoy the new course through AK.

Sitting at Fantasmic reading all the posts. So excited for tomorrow. DH and I will be in matching Phillies shirts. Say hi if you see us...we will be walking or slow jog, wave as you pass :)

Sitting at Fantasmic reading all the posts. So excited for tomorrow. DH and I will be in matching Phillies shirts. Say hi if you see us...we will be walking or slow jog, wave as you pass :)

I will be wearing an Incredibles shirt and a walking cast. 

I hope everyone had a great race! We had so much fun this morning. It was DH's first race and we finished under 45 with 5 photo stops. Not bad.

I will be wearing an Incredibles shirt and a walking cast. 

I am pretty sure I saw you! My running partner pointed you out and said "that girl is hard core, she has a cast and will probably still beat us." :) hpe it went well for you!

We had a blast at the 5K. We got there really early, like 5:30 am. Got in the very short line to meet Mickey & Minnie in their Halloween costumes. The DJ was great--thankfully he was there to keep everyone well entertained--especially those of us who arrived very early. I was surprised that there weren't more characters along the route, and we felt like we didn't really have time to wait in line for any since this was our first Disney race and we were fast walking. I am so proud of my dd's 10 and 8 who walked all summer with me to get ready. They were awesome! DH persevered in spite of having had a cold all week and my mom kept up even with a sore foot and hip. It was a great family event! Usually our disney trips don't coincide with the RunDisney events, but if another one does, we will definitely enter. It was a highlight of our trip. I hope everyone else had a great race weekend.

We had a GREAT time!! I took a ton of pictures which I will try to post once I get organized!

We had a GREAT time!! I took a ton of pictures which I will try to post once I get organized!

Yeah! I was counting on you to take tons of pics. I took a few but they aren't very good since I refused to stop running to take pics. I really wanted to run the whole 5k.
We had so much fun. I will definetely be doing another Disney race in the future.

Ok, I HOPE this race moves back to MK next year, BUT...I'd love to ask a couple of questions that may or may not end up being relevant.

First, for those who did both the 5K and the half, how bad was it?? I can honestly say I've never run two races in one day! I would surely try to nap in between, but could you tell you were more tired? Did you run more than your normal half training mileage to try to account for it? DD10 will want to RUN that 5K, so I won't be strolling along! :lmao:

Were there Photopass or ASI photographers at many points along the course? I thought they were severly lacking at the Princess Half.

Can spectators possibly see runners somewhere along the course AND at the end? I.e. is is physically possible?

Last one...Anybody do the kids' races, the 5K, AND the half?? I don't think DS7 will be able to do a 5K by then, but he might want to do one of the kids' races...?? Thoughts? OR, if DH won't/can't run/walk the 5K with DS, would it be crazy to start together and then let DD run ahead at her own pace and finish alone? Would DH ever possibly be able to find her at the finish line, if he's standing there waiting? That thought freaks me TOTALLY out, but she's getting to the point where she can actually outrun me, and I know we're going to have to face it sooner or later! Sorry for such a LONG post, but I'd appreciate any thoughts at all!

Ok, I HOPE this race moves back to MK next year, BUT...I'd love to ask a couple of questions that may or may not end up being relevant.

First, for those who did both the 5K and the half, how bad was it?? I can honestly say I've never run two races in one day! I would surely try to nap in between, but could you tell you were more tired? Did you run more than your normal half training mileage to try to account for it? DD10 will want to RUN that 5K, so I won't be strolling along! :lmao:

Were there Photopass or ASI photographers at many points along the course? I thought they were severly lacking at the Princess Half.

Can spectators possibly see runners somewhere along the course AND at the end? I.e. is is physically possible?

Last one...Anybody do the kids' races, the 5K, AND the half?? I don't think DS7 will be able to do a 5K by then, but he might want to do one of the kids' races...?? Thoughts? OR, if DH won't/can't run/walk the 5K with DS, would it be crazy to start together and then let DD run ahead at her own pace and finish alone? Would DH ever possibly be able to find her at the finish line, if he's standing there waiting? That thought freaks me TOTALLY out, but she's getting to the point where she can actually outrun me, and I know we're going to have to face it sooner or later! Sorry for such a LONG post, but I'd appreciate any thoughts at all!

Two in one day wasn't the killer. It was trying to do all the other stuff--whether it be the 40th anniversary or the Mom's Panel Party or Food and Wine Festival.

There were Brightroom Photographers on both courses. I like Brightroom less than ASI. They took very few photos during the 5K or the Half. I have a total of 14 for each, including the stock photos that everyone gets. And I ham it up for the photographers.

The only place I can think of, given the current route is to watch as your racer starts and then take a bus back to the Epcot parking lot. Otherwise you can't make it to the finish. The only other spot spectators are 'allowed' is from the bag check area outside of the Studios along the path past Boardwalk, Dolphin, Yacht and Beach and then International Gateway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter