• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2011 Wine & Dine Halloween 5k Fun Run

Does anyone know how long it takes to get to Ak from Pop Century? I am going to take a cab.
Are we supose to recieve anything in the mail or is everything in our package we pick up at ESPN?

I've never taken a cab, but driving it especially at that time of the morning should only take 10-15 minutes.

Nope everything is via email or at the expo.

I was getting excited (three weeks!!!) and googled the medal and found this

mickeyghost.jpg

It was only on one website http://www.teamtizzel.com/2011/08/chip-dale-relay-medal-and-other-new.html

Had anyone seen it? Do you prefer ghost or pumpkin?

I am staying at the Pop and need to take a cab to the 5k race. Just wanted to know if anyone wanted to share a cab.
I am excited we will be there next week. My dd and I went for a run walk today and did over 7 k so I think we will be ok with the race time. She is so excited to do the 5 k and we are dressing up like princesses her favourite thing.

Did the Halloween 5k through MK last year and it was great!My second 5k ever and havent done one since. So excited to be doing the 5k in just over 2 weeks through AK -- better get to sleep so I get up early for a run! ? Wiaver forms etc up yet??

Did the Halloween 5k through MK last year and it was great!My second 5k ever and havent done one since. So excited to be doing the 5k in just over 2 weeks through AK -- better get to sleep so I get up early for a run! ? Wiaver forms etc up yet??

Yup. Waivers have been up about 2 weeks.

For anyone who has used a cab before this early--should we arrange one the day before so we know one will be ready, or will Bell Services be able to get one for us the morning of the race with no prior notice?

For anyone who has used a cab before this early--should we arrange one the day before so we know one will be ready, or will Bell Services be able to get one for us the morning of the race with no prior notice?

I would call ahead and set one up just to calm my nerves. They probably have an idea that something is going on and may be available, but why take the chance for a short phone call?

I would call ahead and set one up just to calm my nerves. They probably have an idea that something is going on and may be available, but why take the chance for a short phone call?

That's what I was thinking--thanks!

So it looks like I will be walking the 5K this year. I have a stress fracture in my heel and am stuck in a big ol' boot. Oh well, at least I will still get to go. I am working on an Incredibles costume so if you see me hobbling along please stop and say hi! :rotfl:

So it looks like I will be walking the 5K this year. I have a stress fracture in my heel and am stuck in a big ol' boot. Oh well, at least I will still get to go. I am working on an Incredibles costume so if you see me hobbling along please stop and say hi! :rotfl:

So sorry to hear that! I will be sure to look for you though. :)
:wave2:

Does anyone know the distance between the character/photo opportunities?

Does anyone know the distance between the character/photo opportunities?

They were very close once we were inside MK last year. There were characters right when you entered on Main Street, then Jessie and I think Bulls-Eye, but could've been Woody, were in Frontierland, then there were villains in front of the castle, and Stitch was in Tomorrowland right before we left. Outside on our way back to the start/finish line was a grave digger from the Halloween parade.

we will say hi if we see you. My dd and I will be dressed as princesses. Small tiara and sash .
I plan to call a cab the day before just so I do not worry about it.
5 days and I will be in my favourite place.:cool1:

I'm very excited for the race. I've done a few 5K walks, but this will be my first run. I'm doing it with my mom and sister, who will both probably smoke me, but I'm just excited to be doing it!

My kids are also doing the kids' races and are very excited. It's going to be a great day all around, I think! :yay:

Hi everyone! I will be doing the 5k on Saturday morning and have a few questions:

- about how many runners are expected for this race?

- is anyone also running and staying at the Shades of Green - and wants to share a cab?

- about how far would a cab ride be from Shades of Green to Animal Kingdom, and do I have to book a cab in advance?

Thanks!

Hi everyone! I will be doing the 5k on Saturday morning and have a few questions:

- about how many runners are expected for this race?

- is anyone also running and staying at the Shades of Green - and wants to share a cab?

- about how far would a cab ride be from Shades of Green to Animal Kingdom, and do I have to book a cab in advance?

Thanks!

I think I saw 3,800 floating around somewhere. (My friend registered last week and her bib is 37##)

I'm at Beach Club with a full car. Sorry.

I would call Friday evening for a cab just to allay my worries so I could get a decent nights sleep.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter