• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2011 Wine & Dine Halloween 5k Fun Run

Bibbidi

DIS Veteran
I was looking through the 2010 Halloween Fun Run information on RunDisney and it indicates this information "You are required to attend Packet Pick- Up to receive your event shirt, race number, goody bag, Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party ticket

So...what I'm wondering is, for anyone who registered for the 2010 Fun Run, did you get a MNSSHP party ticket as part of your 5k registration price, or were they something you could purchase when you registered for the event?

We are planning to buy MNSSHP party tickets anyway, but if they're part of the 5k registration anyway, I don't want to buy them twice.

Also, since the 2011 Wine & Delay 1/2 registration starts tomorrow, am I correct in assuming that we'll also be able to register for the 5k starting tomorrow?

Thanks!

Starting with the second question....

generally, Disney does not open the 5k races as early as the main event. It does not mean that it will not be open tomorrow but I would expect the 5k to open later in the year.... more in line with a 'typical' 5k entry period of 3- 5 months out.

Yes the MNSSHP pass was part of the 5k entry fee - running the cost of the event up to a whopping $100 (+/-). To add insult to injury, the pass in the price of the run was for Sunday night only. For most folks making the W&D a weekend, that was a thinly veiled attempt at forcing extensions to a weekend event. It's not too bad if you are there for longer than a weekend or have flexibility to extend your stay. Though, I am not sure that I would pay $100 for a 5k... I have a tough time with the normal 5k costs at WDW.

Starting with the second question....

generally, Disney does not open the 5k races as early as the main event. It does not mean that it will not be open tomorrow but I would expect the 5k to open later in the year.... more in line with a 'typical' 5k entry period of 3- 5 months out.

Yes the MNSSHP pass was part of the 5k entry fee - running the cost of the event up to a whopping $100 (+/-). To add insult to injury, the pass in the price of the run was for Sunday night only. For most folks making the W&D a weekend, that was a thinly veiled attempt at forcing extensions to a weekend event. It's not too bad if you are there for longer than a weekend or have flexibility to extend your stay. Though, I am not sure that I would pay $100 for a 5k... I have a tough time with the normal 5k costs at WDW.

Dang! We are supposed to check out on Sunday, so a Sunday MNSSHP ticket won't do us any good. I hope that they change that option this year. Guess I'll have to wait to find out. Thank you for the info though!

The reason for Disney races are to bring runners to WDW and extend the trips as long as they can. Curious what the race fees will be tomorrow? I expect a several tier level that they have begun :)

The reason for Disney races are to bring runners to WDW and extend the trips as long as they can. Curious what the race fees will be tomorrow? I expect a several tier level that they have begun :)

I understand extending the trips, in our case however we'll have already been at the Poly for 7 nights before the day of the race. Gets pretty pricey trying to extend it any further. Wondering what time the registration opens today, as it's not open yet...

I understand extending the trips, in our case however we'll have already been at the Poly for 7 nights before the day of the race. Gets pretty pricey trying to extend it any further. Wondering what time the registration opens today, as it's not open yet...

I would say around 10:00 am PST.

Registration for the half is open.

Pricing is tiered.

Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon

* $145 by March 27, 2011
* $155 between March 28 and May 8, 2011
* $165 on or after May 9, 2011

And now you can still get the C2C medal by doing the DL 1/2 and W&D 1/2!

Pricing is a little high(especially if you sign up late):(

Wow

a $10 ish increase if you register early and $30 if you wait. I guess the economy is improving :confused3

I think it cements my decision to not run the W&D 2011. Also make you wonder how much over $100 the 5k will go

Could we be looking at $330, $350 and $370 for Goofy 2012?
:eek::eek::eek:

The streak may end

Wow

a $10 ish increase if you register early and $30 if you wait. I guess the economy is improving :confused3

I think it cements my decision to not run the W&D 2011. Also make you wonder how much over $100 the 5k will go

The streak may end

A Goofy without you?:eek: Impossible!

I'm hoping the prices don't go too vertical since this January's Goofy at age 60 and 1/2 was the start of my streak.

Might not have a young heart but competing at Disney will keep me young at heart.

This makes Goofy 2012 a little scary from a cost perspective.....

The streak may end
Here I was thinking that I might be able to pay around $300 for Goofy if they do a tiered registration for the marathon weekend events.
I paid $195 for the W&D relay last year, so I can't believe the single 1/2 entry will be $165! I'm hoping it's partially due to the enhanced party that RunDisney was talking about on their facebook last week. It's already hard enough to justify the money for a weekend race trip to Disney, so if they start jacking the prices up to all the races, my trips for running may be far and few between from now on...

I would agree with Charles as I will bet the "Late" registration fee for the Goofy will be at least $350. Early hope still close to last year.

DH and I thinking about doing the W & D half, but with the high fees we can't justify it. I am really hoping the 5K will be a lot less!!

DH and I thinking about doing the W & D half, but with the high fees we can't justify it. I am really hoping the 5K will be a lot less!!

I hope they 'listen' and unbundle the party from the 5k ticket, else you are looking at $100

Here I was thinking that I might be able to pay around $300 for Goofy if they do a tiered registration for the marathon weekend events.
I paid $195 for the W&D relay last year, so I can't believe the single 1/2 entry will be $165! I'm hoping it's partially due to the enhanced party that RunDisney was talking about on their facebook last week. It's already hard enough to justify the money for a weekend race trip to Disney, so if they start jacking the prices up to all the races, my trips for running may be far and few between from now on...

I am betting the Discounted Goofy is $20-30 higher than the 2010 entry and then escalates from there. I hope I am wrong....but the price increase for the W/D would seem to make it a real possibility.

I hope they 'listen' and unbundle the party from the 5k ticket, else you are looking at $100

From what punkin413 heard back from Run Disney, they have in fact "unbundled" the MNSSHP ticket from the 5k entry.

We attended the MNSSHP last year and loved it. But I just don't think it should be required as part of registration.

When we did EE they "gave" us a ticket to AK so we could scope out the place due to the scavenger hunt- that made sense.

I keep checking every day to see if registration is open for the 5K- any guesses when it will happen?

I keep checking every day to see if registration is open for the 5K- any guesses when it will happen?

I am wondering the same thing. Someone said that sometimes the 5ks don't open for registration until a couple months prior to the event, as opposed to 7 months out.

From what punkin413 heard back from Run Disney, they have in fact "unbundled" the MNSSHP ticket from the 5k entry.

I was just coming to post this. In 2011 it appears as though there will be no included MHSSHP ticket. I think this is a good move because anyone who couldn't stay for Sunday night was stuck with an unusable ticket and $100 fee for a fun run.

Now, as I posted on the other thread about this, they need to adjust the price accordingly. I think personally an untimed 5K with no awards should be at most $35 even with the "Disney tax" added in but I have a feeling it will be around $50.

I understand their attempt at having guests add an extra day by offering the Sunday night ticket but I don't think it had the effect they were hoping for in the same way Marathon Monday did. I think this is mostly because the ticket wasn't actually fee, it was included in the race price. They didn't add $75 to the marathon when they announced Marathon Monday so it really was "free". Now, there is the added cost of buying food in the parks that day, extending you trip if you were planning on leaving, ect but you did feel as though you really were getting into the park for free. With the MNSSHP ticket I would have felt like I just paid full price for the ticket considering the price of the 5K.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter