**2011** Epcot Food & Wine Festival HAS ENDED. 2012 Festival 9/28 - 11/11

General question for everyone....

Have you done PFTS before?
What was the price last year?
Is it only on the weekends?
Is it worth it?
Is it worth getting the guaranteed seating?
Do you get to see the concert that night if you book PFTS?
Are the food offerings the same as the Kisoks?

Wow that is alot of questions....

TIA for any help.

Have you done PFTS before? Many times, twice last year

What was the price last year? general admission $135 per person , plus tax: wine view lounge $225 per person, plus tax, gratuity included

Is it only on the weekends? As far as I know it is now held on Saturdays during the Festival from 6:30-9:00

Is it worth it? Very subjective but for us YES

Is it worth getting the guaranteed seating? Very subjective but for us YES because of the early entry and a chance to sample before the crowd rush, waitstaff service to clean away used plates, refill water and the beverage bar

Do you get to see the concert that night if you book PFTS? Yes, we saw Big Bad Voodoo Daddy and then went to the PftS

Are the food offerings the same as the Kisoks? ;) So much better than than kiosk food!

Rumor has it that the special event booking will open on August 16

Do you know where this rumor is coming from? I remember (I think) August 17th was when you could book deminars last year. July 20th for the 'spensive events like RedZinner said. Or is that backwards. ;)

Do you know where this rumor is coming from? I remember (I think) August 17th was when you could book deminars last year. July 20th for the 'spensive events like RedZinner said. Or is that backwards. ;)

Correct AJW, the special events were released in July and Table in Wonderland members could make deminar reservations beginning August 25 at discounted rates.

Epcot® International Food & Wine Festival offers Tables in Wonderland Member discounts
Tables in Wonderland Members have a special opportunity to purchase discounted advance tickets to the culinary demonstrations and wine/beverage seminars at the Epcot® International Food & Wine Festival, taking place October 1st – November 14th, 2010.

Beginning Wednesday August 25th, at 9:00am, a limited number of discounted tickets will be available for Tables in Wonderland Members to purchase online in advance of the general public. The discounted rate is $7 and $10 per person for culinary demonstrations, and $6 and $10 per person for wine/beverage seminars (regularly $9 and $13, and $8 and $12 per person) while they last. (Events are expected to sell out.) Please note that the discount will not be available at the event, so advance purchase is required to get the discounted rate. Discounted tickets, if available, may be purchased until 24 hours before the start of any individual session.

The culinary demonstrations and wine/beverage seminars, which last up to 45 minutes, let participants learn from featured chefs and wine presenters, pick up a few tips and taste the featured items. Everyone must have a ticket to attend, and attendees must be 21 years of age or older to consume alcoholic beverages.

redzinner - thanks for the answers....I am afraid that I will be there Monday - Friday and will not be able to attend PFTS this year, unless the change their dates.

I actually received a call from Victoria and Alberts giving me the date. They also said most of the prices have seen a price increase this year

redzinner - thanks for the answers....I am afraid that I will be there Monday - Friday and will not be able to attend PFTS this year, unless the change their dates.

I went to my first Party for the Senses in 2002, and it's been held on Saturday nights during the festival every year since. I don't expect Disney will ever change this headliner event.

Bummer. :hug:

I went to my first Party for the Senses in 2002, and it's been held on Saturday nights during the festival every year since. I don't expect Disney will ever change this headliner event.

Bummer. :hug:

That really sucks.... I had DH already to go for it too.

I actually received a call from Victoria and Alberts giving me the date. They also said most of the prices have seen a price increase this year

That's awesome! Thank you so much! I wonder if Aug. 16 would be for solely special events or if it would include deminars.

Have you done PFTS before?
What was the price last year?
Is it only on the weekends?
Is it worth it?
Is it worth getting the guaranteed seating?
Do you get to see the concert that night if you book PFTS?
Are the food offerings the same as the Kisoks?

1) $135 regular, an extra $90 for Wine View Lounge. Plus tax. These are 2010 prices. It is entirely possible that 2011 prices will be higher.
2) Saturday nights only.
3) Yes. (Opinion only)
4) No. (Opinion only - 90 bucks is 90 bucks well spent someplace else, and I don't care if I get a table or not)
5) You can see the concert whether you book or not. If you see the concert you will get "VIP seating" which means they have a section where you will sit with your wristband. However, it might cut into the extra time you may get if you book the Wine View Lounge, or cause you to be at the back of the entering crowd, which will be relevant if you intend on getting a table and not just wandering the room.
6) No.

One year, there was a Party for the Senses scheduled on ONE Friday night because they needed the World Showplace for something else on Saturday. Other than that, the PFTS has always taken place only on Saturday nights and the odds on them changing the dates would not be very high.

1) $135 regular, an extra $90 for Wine View Lounge. Plus tax. These are 2010 prices. It is entirely possible that 2011 prices will be higher.
2) Saturday nights only.
3) Yes. (Opinion only)
4) No. (Opinion only - 90 bucks is 90 bucks well spent someplace else, and I don't care if I get a table or not)
5) You can see the concert whether you book or not. If you see the concert you will get "VIP seating" which means they have a section where you will sit with your wristband. However, it might cut into the extra time you may get if you book the Wine View Lounge, or cause you to be at the back of the entering crowd, which will be relevant if you intend on getting a table and not just wandering the room.
6) No.

One year, there was a Party for the Senses scheduled on ONE Friday night because they needed the World Showplace for something else on Saturday. Other than that, the PFTS has always taken place only on Saturday nights and the odds on them changing the dates would not be very high.

Thanks for the reply. i guess i am out of luck this year.

Two questions:
1)Are items at the booths taxed?
2)I've heard/read that it's easier to pay at the booths with the wristlet gift card. We have one that we are planning to bring along. However, what's the difference between using the gift card and paying with the KTTW card? (Besides the fact that one's a gift card and one's basically a credit card). Does one "waste" more time because you have to sign a receipt or something?

I am pretty sure the prices they charge at the booths include tax. I get lots of quarters for change and that wouldn't happen if they added tax.

I don't know about signing the receipt. I think the only major differencte between paying with a gift card and paying with a room charge is that the gift card is "prepaid" and you'll pay the room charge after you check out. I can't imagine that it takes that long to sign the receipt, assuming the card machines don't break down like they do sometimes.

That, and the gift card is on your wrist and you do not have to dig in a pocket or bag for it.

Party for the Senses was horrible last year, definitely not worth the $135 per person. We both agreed we could have eaten at the booths at each country at least four nights for the same price. Either that or we could have gone to V&A or Shulas for the same price and enjoyed it more. Alot of people that have been to the event previous years agreed that the food quality has gone down hill. Such a shame because we usually looked forward to this event but it is definitely not woth it anymore.

For the newbies, a short video featuring Andrea, who is a Master Sommelier and a fantastic presenter, educator on wines. She usually conducts a wine school during the festival. The wines she serves are excellent and her classes never involve snobbery. Her classes are a lot of fun yet very informative.

F&WF with Andrea

For the newbies, a short video featuring Andrea, who is a Master Sommelier and a fantastic presenter, educator on wines. She usually conducts a wine school during the festival. The wines she serves are excellent and her classes never involve snobbery. Her classes are a lot of fun yet very informative.

F&WF with Andrea

Awesome! Thanks Red!

Once the dates for the 3D Dessert Discovery become available, I desperately need them. I'm so afraid it won't be offered while we're there, and it's the primary event for us!

Thanks!
Gayle

Once the dates for the 3D Dessert Discovery become available, I desperately need them. I'm so afraid it won't be offered while we're there, and it's the primary event for us!

Thanks!
Gayle

I have never been to F&W Fest but did read about the 3D Dessert Discovery Event and thought it might be worth doing, the pictures I saw made it look well worth the price. I understand it is held on Thursday or Friday nights during the Festival so I am waiting to see what night it will be held while we are there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter