2011/2012 Beach & Yacht FAQ, Part IV- DO NOT POST- see new 2012 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok thank you both. To be on the safer side....I will bring the aero bed. I just have to decide if I want to bring it with me via plane or ship it ahead. I have never shipped anything ahead...I was wondering how that worked.

Also, since I have to buy one...we have a queen one at home and I only need the twin...I might see if Garden Grocer or wegoshop would get it and deliver to the resort. Has anyone done anything like this before?

Here's some info about shipping packages to the resort from the FAQ section. Note- others have also ordered items from places like Amazon and instead of having the package delivered to themselves they have it delivered to the resort (Hmmm-- which shipping company does Amazon use, make sure you use the info below!)

People have ordered things like strollers and depending on the circumstances, it can be cheaper to do this than renting it for the week.

Can I ship a package to Beach Club or Yacht Club for my stay?

If you ship a package to the resort, Mail by United States Postal Service, not anything else!!! If you mail other than USPS, your items will be shipped to the convention center and the shipping department will charge the recipient a handling charge, based on the weight of your package.

Disney's Beach Club Resort (or Disney's Beach Club Villas)
1800 Epcot Resort Boulevard
Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830
Please give to Guest, (name on reservation)
Check-in date 9/1/10 (for example)

or

Disney's Yacht Club Resort
1700 Epcot Resort Boulevard
Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830
Please give to Guest, (name on reservation)
Check-in date 9/1/10 (for example)

Orders from Garden Grocer are delivered to Bell Services at YC or BC, so they are not subject to the delivery fee. You can ask Bell Services to deliver the order to your room when you are there.

I wouldn't mind seeing pixarmom's Aaron Rodgers up against Tom Brady on February 5!

As a tried and true Packers fan, that unfortunately won't be happening. The season if officially over for us.

My sincere sympathies to you, and to pixarmom and all of the other Packers fans out there! I was truly shocked at the outcome of the game on Sunday.

If you are looking for a team to root for the next few weeks...

Too soon?

I've got to stay away from reading other threads.

If I read one more thread of someone who got upgraded from the POR Princess room to TPV at the Poly, Lagoon view at GF and waterview at BC and then write how disappointed they are with Disney and shouldn't Disney give them even more I'll SCREAM!!!!!!

If I booked POR and someone gave me a free upgrade to BC, Poly or GF I'd be dancing on air.

We've gotten three free upgrades in our trips to Disney - once from a gv room at the Poly to a TPV room, one upgrade from a waterview room at BC to CL and once from a gv room at YC to CL. I felt like I'd won the lottery!!!!

Agreed agreed agreed. It's an upgrade. Period. Be happy, people. We were treated MORE than fairly after our little mishap at YC, and because of that we'll be returning in October to give it another go (and a split stay at BWI, our "comp" from Disney) is BWI my first choice? No. Am I going to pass up a club level stay free of charge for a few nights? HECK NO.:goodvibes

I wouldn't mind seeing pixarmom's Aaron Rodgers up against Tom Brady on February 5!

As a tried and true Packers fan, that unfortunately won't be happening. The season if officially over for us.

Yeah, we'll be cooking up a big pot of gumbo and having some friends over to watch the game, but probably more for the commercials than anything else.:goodvibes

Not that the Redskins ever had a chance....but I would have liked to see GB or Houston in the SB... ah well....

If I read one more thread of someone who got upgraded from the POR Princess room to TPV at the Poly, Lagoon view at GF and waterview at BC and then write how disappointed they are with Disney and shouldn't Disney give them even more I'll SCREAM!!!!!!

If I booked POR and someone gave me a free upgrade to BC, Poly or GF I'd be dancing on air.

We've gotten three free upgrades in our trips to Disney - once from a gv room at the Poly to a TPV room, one upgrade from a waterview room at BC to CL and once from a gv room at YC to CL. I felt like I'd won the lottery!!!!

Robyn, I totally agree with you. That's why I tend to stick to threads like this one, or the Dooney one, or the Chamilia one. I don't get what people expect. Well, actually, I do. They want what the next guy got. And if the next guy was upgraded, they expect to be upgraded. If Snow White and her Seven Dwarfs came out special to soothe someone's crying three year old, then by golly, Snow White and her Dwarfs should come out and soothe my crying three year old (if I had one). We all know Disney is magical, but the people working there are human just like the rest of us. Should we all go through life trying to be pleasant with one another? Of course. But sometimes life happens and a normally over the top pleasant person has a bad day. Does a trip to Disney cost a lot of money? Yes. But it costs a lot of money to go other places as well. But because it's Disney, everyone always expects something magical to happen. I think just being there is magical. If something unexpected happens, great! But I'm not going to go away angry or feel cheated if it doesn't. Sorry, but you got me started. This was a rant that's been a long time coming. Please don't hold it against me. I don't post here often, but like to feel like I belong.

Ok thank you both. To be on the safer side....I will bring the aero bed. I just have to decide if I want to bring it with me via plane or ship it ahead. I have never shipped anything ahead...I was wondering how that worked.

Also, since I have to buy one...we have a queen one at home and I only need the twin...I might see if Garden Grocer or wegoshop would get it and deliver to the resort. Has anyone done anything like this before?

Before you go to that trouble, call the BC and ask to speak with the back office. When they answer, ask if it is the call center or the BC back office. You want to talk to the back office. Tell them what type room you have reserved and tell them to pull up your reservation and see if you can have a rollaway. If they say no, then bring an aero. Depending on your villa and the number in your party, you may be able to get a rollaway. But I emphasize you MUST talk to the back office, not the call center.

Agreed agreed agreed. It's an upgrade. Period. Be happy, people. We were treated MORE than fairly after our little mishap at YC, and because of that we'll be returning in October to give it another go (and a split stay at BWI, our "comp" from Disney) is BWI my first choice? No. Am I going to pass up a club level stay free of charge for a few nights? HECK NO.:goodvibes

Yeah, we'll be cooking up a big pot of gumbo and having some friends over to watch the game, but probably more for the commercials than anything else.:goodvibes

Not that the Redskins ever had a chance....but I would have liked to see GB or Houston in the SB... ah well....

DD loves the Redskins. Not sure how that started, but she's been a fan for years. She said since the Redskins beat the Giants and the Giants beat the Packers, the Redskins are technically pretty darn good!!!

I'm almost afraid to post this - are we the only Giants Fans here?

Ours all started when ds went to college at Seton Hall. He became a true, die hard fan so now we're Giants fans (strangely also Jets fans because youngest ds is a die hard Jets fan).

Anyway - tomorrow I get to make our first ADR!!!! It's our tradition to start our first night at RFC at DTD. The first two nights we'll be at the Dolphin so I won't be able to make the rest of them until Thursday.

We're not talking about football in our house right now . . . (although I will root for Dee's Patriots now!)

But today is a happy day! It's the 20-year anniversary of my first BC stay! I was in college and my parents hosted me for my little brother's birthday trip. At the time, BC was only 14 months old and at first, I couldn't believe we weren't staying at the Poly. But we all loved the beautiful new resort with the wonderful pool! (And obviously we've loved it ever since!) :)

I have never shipped anything ahead...I was wondering how that worked.

If, after all the calling and the figuring out just what you can and cannot do.... you find yourself having to go with the air bed option... I highly recommend MAILING the air bed FOLLOWING the very SPECIFIC mailing procedures on page 1. I have mailed a couple of things to the Beach Club prior to my trip and it worked beautifully. Those air beds can weigh a ton so they are better off out of your suit case and on a mail truck. (IMO) As for getting it mailed home, I have no idea how to do that. I left the things that I mailed down for others to enjoy. I often sit quietly and wonder how that worked out....

~Marlton Mom

But today is a happy day! It's the 20-year anniversary of my first BC stay! I was in college and my parents hosted me for my little brother's birthday trip. At the time, BC was only 14 months old and at first, I couldn't believe we weren't staying at the Poly. But we all loved the beautiful new resort with the wonderful pool! (And obviously we've loved it ever since!) :)

That is so cool! Congrats!

Robyn - look at your post count - just a few shy of 10,000 - you'll hit that today! Does your status change from DIS Veteran after 10,000 posts? If it doesn't, it should!

47 days til BC & counting....

Beach Club Dee - it took me a few posts to realize it was still natebenma...at first I was like "HEY! Who is posting on here like they own the place??!??" Then I realized it WAS you! :laughing:

Ok I'm off to call the back office not the call center. Then, depending on the answer, I will check amazon and see which shipping company is going to be used and ship to the hotel and, like MM, I will leave the aero bed. The cost is part of the trip and I'm not lugging it back with me!

I would ponder too what happens to it......

BTW, I too, was rooting for the Packers. I'm from NY, but I'm green ;)

We're not talking about football in our house right now . . . (although I will root for Dee's Patriots now!)

Happy Anniversary!!! That is so awesome that you remember! :cake:

That is so cool! Congrats!

Robyn - look at your post count - just a few shy of 10,000 - you'll hit that today! Does your status change from DIS Veteran after 10,000 posts? If it doesn't, it should!

47 days til BC & counting....

Beach Club Dee - it took me a few posts to realize it was still natebenma...at first I was like "HEY! Who is posting on here like they own the place??!??" Then I realized it WAS you! :laughing:

Sorry about the confusion. I needed to get up to 10 posts so that I could gain my "Superpowers"- the ability to send out PMs.

I will mostly be posting as Natebenma and I'll try not to switch back and forth too much!

Thank you for your kind words. Obviously you're a woman who suffers from 'cats' as well. The only advice I can give you is to keep lots of that Vodka on hand.

The way I was feeling yesterday I'd have been drinking the vodke straight from the spray bottle:rotfl2: Thanks again:thumbsup2

I agree with you 100%

I'm almost afraid to post this - are we the only Giants Fans here?

Ours all started when ds went to college at Seton Hall. He became a true, die hard fan so now we're Giants fans (strangely also Jets fans because youngest ds is a die hard Jets fan).

FIL used to work in the mail room at Seton Hall. He just recently retired. But none of hubby's immediate family are Giants fans despite the fact that they lived 10 minutes from Giants Stadium. They are (don't fall off your chair)...Cowboys fans.

Now I am a Patriots fan since birth. And I hate the Jets more than any other team and I don't really like the Giants either, but we were rooting for them yesterday only because I don't want the Packers back in the Super Bowl. And next week...I'll be rooting for San Francisco and my Patriots!!

Thanks so much for the birthday tips! I think I will order a cake!

Roll on May! So jealous of everyone there at the Yacht Club now!

Ok I'm off to call the back office not the call center. Then, depending on the answer, I will check amazon and see which shipping company is going to be used and ship to the hotel and, like MM, I will leave the aero bed. The cost is part of the trip and I'm not lugging it back with me!

I see another "pass on the noodles" but it will be "pass on the aero bed" coming.

Don't look, don't even peek....there's yet another "POR Royal Room upgrade" thread recently started on the Resorts Board...I think we're up to about 5 or 6 controversial threads...

I think this will go down as the 2012 POR Royal Room Upgrade debacle. It will either become as taboo as pool hopping & reusing refillable mugs, or it will bet banned like tipping & religion!!!

I will be at BCV/Poly during the dates of these upgrades, and will be on the lookout for any mishaps or foul play!!!

It's funny because I was genuinely happy for all the people who got upgraded from the values to OKW and Saratoga Springs a few years ago. They were all so excited - not entitled in anyway.

From things I've seen I see some "entitled" children heading this way.

I would suggest one way to pass it on may be to offer it up on one of the Dis boards with the condition that the person has to claim it in person at your hotel early in the morning on your check out day. I don't know how much of a demand for something like that might be at just one hotel, as opposed to something like pool noodles which can be "used" by anyone, even people that don't go in the pool and just sit and play cards on the pool deck.. AHEM \/ \/ \/

~MM

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter