2010 Yacht and Beach Club FAQ, Part II---Inactive Thread--- Please do not post here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have both February and March lists - I'll update every few days as we hear from more Disers!

Anyone else joining us in February? :wizard:

mmross
cjk
wirki, Jan. 31-Feb. 5,
Bookgirl, Feb. 5-9, BCV
chimo2u, Feb. 5-10, BC CL
eeyoreland, Feb. 11-13, BC
pixarmom, Feb. 7-13, BC
JenLittle, Feb. 12-17, BC
Milmore104, Feb. 23-25
haleofafamily, Feb. 24 – Mar. 1, BCV and running her 1st ½ marathon!! :cheer2:
BCV23, end of February!

Who else is going in March? :wizard:

mtmbyck, Mar. 10-12, BCV
The Hanslers (rlahansler), Mar. 19-27, BCV

Looks like no one will be at BCV when we are ......would have loved to meet some of you :)

Actually I just heard from my travel agent that the room-only discounts came out on Thurs. I saw something posted on the front page here at disboards about room-only discounts The Disney website does not show the discounts yet. We have APs and dislike the dining plan so room-only discounts are best for us! Supposedly you can call Disney reservations and get the discounts but I decided to just email my TA instead. :confused3

Amanda

Thanks for the info- we are annual passholders too and I use my Disney Visa for everything to get reward points and I have Tables in Wonderland, so we just book a room.

I guess I'll have to call Disney in the morning to see about getting a reservation for the end of the year!!!:yay::yay::yay::dance3:

Looks like no one will be at BCV when we are ......would have loved to meet some of you :)

I added BCV to your listing, and it will appear next time! There's still time - we may have additions before next month!

OK fellow Y&BC's. This is it. Off to do a half marathon that I have totally not prepared for. Life has been crazy, I have been busy, work has been.....Blah blah blah. Anyway the race is an excuse to go to my 'Happy Place'. Doing a huge split stay this time. Off property tomorrow night then 3 at GF, 3 at SSR and 1 at home BCV's. I married a wonderful 'packer'.

Did something this time I have never done. No request. No online checkin. No room request. No calls to CRO. Just book it and go.....This isn't easy y'all. (I did make my ADR's. Let's not get radical.) I may request rooms/location when we checkin or just go with the flow.

Will check the boards while there so if anyone needs anything just let me know!

Have fun, Mickey T!!! I could do a marathon to get to the happy place too :)

Keep us posted!!

OK fellow Y&BC's. This is it. Off to do a half marathon that I have totally not prepared for. Life has been crazy, I have been busy, work has been.....Blah blah blah. Anyway the race is an excuse to go to my 'Happy Place'. Doing a huge split stay this time. Off property tomorrow night then 3 at GF, 3 at SSR and 1 at home BCV's. I married a wonderful 'packer'.

Did something this time I have never done. No request. No online checkin. No room request. No calls to CRO. Just book it and go.....This isn't easy y'all. (I did make my ADR's. Let's not get radical.) I may request rooms/location when we checkin or just go with the flow.

We'll be thinking of you and Amanda running the 1/2 marathon on Saturday morning! :cheer2: Have a great time!

All the best on the 1/2 marathon! Maybe I'll see you there...

We'll be thinking of you and Amanda running the 1/2 marathon on Saturday morning! :cheer2: Have a great time!

Thank you SO much! I'm excited and nervous at the same time!!!

Amanda

Have fun MickeyT, you'll do fine! At the very least you can hang out in the back with us walkers - we'll get you to the finish! :banana::banana:

Hi! We just booked our June 2011 trip and after much deliberation we decided on the BC. We stayed at the YC our last 3 trips ( my husband is a bit OCD) but we took the plunge!

We don't have many concerns since we are familiar with the area, love SAB, and the walk to EPCOT...my issue is with the room and the possibility of not having a balcony. Can anyone else relate?

Thanks...in advance!

Couldn't get a dedicated 2 bedroom at BCV with the new discount code for August. Had to book a 1 bedroom and a studio. The CM said they will be connecting to make a 2 bedroom lockoff. Any reason for me to be nervous that we won't be connected?

Just booked my 2011 June trip back to YC CL. I was NOT going to stay club this time but the only garden view regular room was at the BC and we are total YC people sooooo we HAD to upgrade to club to stay at YC. Oh darn! This is going to be a different year though - NO DISNEY PARKS!!! How interesting will this be???:confused3

After months of talking about it, we FINALLY booked at the BC with the new summer promo! :beach: We recently stayed at BWI and had the fortune of getting to swim at SAB once while the Luna pool was finishing a refurb. After that, DS said this was the ONLY place he wanted to stay at this summer!

We are contemplating an upgrade to GV CL, but for now are booked GV. I am trying to read through this thread, but I have a question as I work my way through- do all the rooms have the 5 drawer chest? It seems that without it there is VERY little drawer space and I am wondering if I should start saving dry cleaning hangers now in case most everything needs to be hung in the closet :confused:

Also, I love the idea of a courtyard view room (not the woods looking at EPCOT) but also prefer to be near the lobby. Is this room request even feasible?

Thanks to all! :flower3:

Hi everyone! My family of four...dh, two DDs, and myself are going to bc the
first of June. With the new discount, I also changed from a standard to garden view room. Where are these typically located, and do I have a better chance getting a balcony with the room change? Thanks in advance! :yay:

Hello everybody! We are arriving at BC CL on Jan 27! :woohoo::yay: We've stayed there twice before but still have a couple questions. 1. Do all CL rooms have the larger balcony? 2. Has the location of the lounge moved? I've seen some trip report videos and the lounge does not look like the lounge I remember from just a couple of years ago. It looked like it was moved to a room on the water side of the bldg and overlooked the beach and the lake. Thats all the questions I have right now. Thanks in advance for your help. :worship:

Hello everybody! We are arriving at BC CL on Jan 27! :woohoo::yay: We've stayed there twice before but still have a couple questions. 1. Do all CL rooms have the larger balcony? 2. Has the location of the lounge moved? I've seen some trip report videos and the lounge does not look like the lounge I remember from just a couple of years ago. It looked like it was moved to a room on the water side of the bldg and overlooked the beach and the lake. Thats all the questions I have right now. Thanks in advance for your help. :worship:

I'll tackle the 1st question.

Unfortunately, no, some of the CL rooms have just the standing, Juliet balconies, so if this is important to you add full balcony as a request to your reservation.

A couple of suggestions about room requests:

Please remember that requests are not guaranteed

The fewer requests you have, the more likely there will be a room available that meets your most important preference(s)

When you get to the resort for checkin, you can ask before you take your keys if your requests were granted, and if not, see if there is anything available that meets your needs. Please note that you should do this through REGULAR checkin. On-line check-in is designed for grabbing your keys and going, no questions asked, so if there is a possibility you will ask for a room change, you shouldn't do this.

I'll tackle the 1st question.

Unfortunately, no, some of the CL rooms have just the standing, Juliet balconies, so if this is important to you add full balcony as a request to your reservation.

A couple of suggestions about room requests:

Please remember that requests are not guaranteed

The fewer requests you have, the more likely there will be a room available that meets your most important preference(s)

When you get to the resort for checkin, you can ask before you take your keys if your requests were granted, and if not, see if there is anything available that meets your needs. Please note that you should do this through REGULAR checkin. On-line check-in is designed for grabbing your keys and going, no questions asked, so if there is a possibility you will ask for a room change, you shouldn't do this.

Are you sure? I thought I read somewhere that all the Club Level rooms had the large balconies...

We just booked a quick trip to Disney April 28 - May 2 (the tail end of Easter week) but unfortunately *sob* won't be at the Beach Club. We are able to get the summer rate discount but it won't apply to the Beach Club and I can't justify spending over $350 for the least expensive room/villa so we will be at Pop Century.

My daughters and I are so sad we can't make it back to the Beach or the Yacht Club this year, they absolutely LOVED Stormalong Bay and Club Level when we went this past August, too bad we can't get the price we paid then for our upcoming trip.

Everyone, enjoy your stay at the Beach Club and if anyone is on the fence about staying here, DEFINATELY consider the Beach Club! It was our family's favorite resort, best resort we've ever been to!

ibcnu - did you try to get the discount rate at YC? Sometimes I've been able to get the discount at YC when it wasn't available at BC.

If not have a great time at POP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter