2010 Yacht and Beach Club FAQ, Part II---Inactive Thread--- Please do not post here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if this list is a specific group or anyone who is a member on this discussion board going to WDW in December. We will be at the YC Dec 14-18th. First time there and really looking forward to it after reading the comments here. What are the pins you refer to? I just found this site in May so I'm still learning what some of the abbreviations and terms mean.

I'm not sure if this list is a specific group or anyone who is a member on this discussion board going to WDW in December. We will be at the YC Dec 14-18th. First time there and really looking forward to it after reading the comments here. What are the pins you refer to? I just found this site in May so I'm still learning what some of the abbreviations and terms mean.

PINS are discount codes that are seemingly sent at random to individuals via email or snail mail. No one has cracked the code yet as to who gets these PINS and who does not. These PIN codes are not transferable.

This thread is for anyone staying or soon to be staying at Beach or Yacht Club. Feel free to join in the discussion or ask any questions you may have about the resort.

Did I read that correctly?
The CL Lounge is open 24 hrs??

Also are there any king beds available in the CL standard view category?

Yes, currently the CL lounge is open 24 hours but only as a trial. It might continue forever (if they get enough positive feedback) or it could end tomorrow.

As of right now, there are a few CL standard view king beds ... very few. However, starting 1/1/11, all the CL rooms will either be CL standard view, CL garden/courtyard view or CL waterview room. Right now there are only two categories for CL rooms: standard and water. I believe there will be one CL king standard view but until I actually see the actual new category for each room, I cannot tell you that yes there is a king standard view CL room for sure.

It was so cold here last night. I can't wait to check in to the Beach Club on November 7 and go for a dip in SAB. Warm Florida sunshine, here we come!

The current list of October trips! I know I missed a couple so if you want to be added let me know! Our first DISers there are returning today. Can't wait for trip reports to help the rest of us get more excited about our own trips (if that is even possible).

I'm constantly tweeking my ADRs and just need to stop!! At least the online system will be down 12-14 so I can't do any (easily) those days. :rotfl2:

Safe travels to everyone returning to WDW or home!

PNO4TE BC 10/1-10/10
ShelleyLynn BCV 10/1-10/10
I Believe BC CL 10/2-10/9
Nannette YC 10/7-10/11
MickManiac 10/10-10/15
Wenny 10/10-10/15
Misled BC 10/11-10/17
Turtle31 10/11-10/23
TyRy BC 10/14-10/17
Aurora Belle 10/14-10/19
Lucyem BC CL 10/16-10/21
U2 Rocks BC 10/16-10/23
Eeyore70 10/17-10/23
Mnfamilycruiser BC 10/22-10/30
PaDisneyCouple BC 10/23-10/30
Sunnygal041 10/24-10/25
Jlhay BC 10/27-11/2

I have been informed that free wifi is no longer available in BC lobby, can anyone confirm this? Is there paid wifi in the rooms and at what charge please.

Travelling from UK for 14 nights commencing 3rd November

I have been informed that free wifi is no longer available in BC lobby, can anyone confirm this? Is there paid wifi in the rooms and at what charge please.

Travelling from UK for 14 nights commencing 3rd November

There is definitely paid wifi in the rooms. I *think* I paid about $10 per 24 hours for wifi but I'm sure someone else can confirm.

Amanda

PINS are discount codes that are seemingly sent at random to individuals via email or snail mail. No one has cracked the code yet as to who gets these PINS and who does not. These PIN codes are not transferable.

This thread is for anyone staying or soon to be staying at Beach or Yacht Club. Feel free to join in the discussion or ask any questions you may have about the resort.

Thanks for the quick response. I was wondering about the "pins" mentioned in the following post -
"Remember, if you want a pin you need to PM Teena in early November given her upcoming cruises (yes, that is as in more than one!!!)."

Just wanted to join in and say hi to everyone.

We are staying at the YC 11/28 - 12/5. This will be our third time staying here!:woohoo: We love it! My DH won't even consider a trip to WDW unless we can book the YC!

The only other resort we have ever stayed in was Dixie Landings when our girls were little.

Thanks for the quick response. I was wondering about the "pins" mentioned in the following post -
"Remember, if you want a pin you need to PM Teena in early November given her upcoming cruises (yes, that is as in more than one!!!)."
Look at the very first post on this thread. The pins are shown. Someone on this thread had them made up, and you can request one from Teena. She will leave them at the check-in desk for you. They are so you can identify anyone else from this thread who is staying there at the same time as you.

You know - I started thinking about the pins running out, and wondered if it was possible when we left to leave the pins for Teena? That way they could be reused for others.

Teena - welcome back and glad you are feeling better. Sorry Bob has something now...my DH and I are going through the same thing. I really don't want to be sick at WDW for a third year in a row! :mad:

Only a few more days and we'll finally be at BC!! :woohoo: Thanks to everyone who answered all my questions on this thread. :flower3:

I unfortunately snore and my friend tends to be a light sleeper. Any suggestions of what I could do so we both get a good nights sleep?? Anyone use those strips or no snore sprays? Thanks for any help.

The strips can work if you are not a totally crazy snorer. BUT - you have to make sure you put them on correctly. If they are in the wrong spot on your nose they won't do any good. The strips used to work for DH, but years later he's gotten worse and they no longer work. But I would definitely try them.

I'm not sure if this list is a specific group or anyone who is a member on this discussion board going to WDW in December.

The "list" is for anyone who wants to be listed as being at the YC/BC in December. I'll get you on there for the next publishing. You've already heard about our special pins that are left by our special friend. Those will help identify you as a DISer and a member of this great group of people going to the YC/BC. Happy planning

The current list of October trips! I know I missed a couple so if you want to be added let me know! Our first DISers there are returning today. Can't wait for trip reports to help the rest of us get more excited about our own trips (if that is even possible).

I'm constantly tweeking my ADRs and just need to stop!! At least the online system will be down 12-14 so I can't do any (easily) those days. :rotfl2:

PNO4TE BC 10/1-10/10
Nannette YC 10/7-10/11
MickManiac 10/10-10/15
Wenny 10/10-10/15
Misled BC 10/11-10/17
Turtle31 10/11-10/23
TyRy BC 10/14-10/17
Aurora Belle 10/14-10/19
Lucyem BC CL 10/16-10/21
U2 Rocks BC 10/16-10/23
Eeyore70 10/17-10/23
Sunnygal041 10/24-10/25
Jlhay BC 10/27-11/2

You can add me if you like! - Disney Oct 20 - 24...YC Oct 22, 23

The only other resort we have ever stayed in was Dixie Landings when our girls were little.

I'll get you on that "list" too ThreeKMom. By the way, I had to smile when you said "Dixie Landings". POR remains one of my favorite moderate resorts and the Dixie Landings merchandise I have (pins and shot glasses) are keepers for sure!

just wondering if taking the monorail from mk to epcot and walking back to beach club is too long in the afternoon. We have park hoppers, so that isn't a problem. I'm thinking it would be a relaxing way for my girls to ride back, especially with my two year old in the stroller. Thoughts? :confused3

We usually walk through epcot as long as it is not too hot, I t really depends how tired you are:)

PNO4TE BC 10/1-10/10
Nannette YC 10/7-10/11
MickManiac 10/10-10/15
Wenny 10/10-10/15
Misled BC 10/11-10/17
Turtle31 10/11-10/23
TyRy BC 10/14-10/17
Aurora Belle 10/14-10/19
Lucyem BC CL 10/16-10/21
U2 Rocks BC 10/16-10/23
Eeyore70 10/17-10/23
Sunnygal041 10/24-10/25
Jlhay BC 10/27-11/2

Sorry, forgot to list BC for me from 10/24-10/25.

just wondering if taking the monorail from mk to epcot and walking back to beach club is too long in the afternoon. We have park hoppers, so that isn't a problem. I'm thinking it would be a relaxing way for my girls to ride back, especially with my two year old in the stroller. Thoughts? :confused3

We did this on our trip 2 weeks ago, it was great! It actually was relaxing and was much nicer than taking the bus. It was our first monorail ride of the trip! Enjoy the Beach Club, it is now our favorite resort!

:welcome:

Welcome Chris.....You will not find a better place to learn and ask questions on DIS. We are family and love answering any YC/BC questions.

And here is a link with the list of abbreviations:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1660743

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter