2010 Yacht and Beach Club FAQ, Part II---Inactive Thread--- Please do not post here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
:tiptoe: Infiltrator alert! Wooop wooooooop! ;)

Just reading through this thread. And wanted to say hello and ask a couple-few questions of you Beach Club experts...

We stayed at the Poly back in September -- and had a wonderful time. Though my newly-somewhat-converted husband (converted to appreciating Disney, that is) and I keep mentioning how nice the Beach Club was when we stopped over for breakfast at Cape May for the kiddo. Unfortunately, we didn't have time to walk around the grounds but we enjoyed what little bit we saw. Everyone there was fabulously nice -- especially the CM standing in the lobby helping folks out with questions, can't recall her name but she was great.

Anyway, I just discovered that you can walk to Epcot from the BC. Like, whoa. That's a huuuuuuuuuge bonus, eh? Our kiddo is still young (3) but we really enjoyed our two days at Epcot, probably much more so than going to the MK. Although we couldn't get out of going to MK (drat!) and really loved the convenience of the Poly, we were actually entertaining the idea of checking out BC next time we head to Disney.

Which was a very long way to get to this question:
Any of you that have stayed at both the Poly and the BC, can you tell me the reasons why you prefer staying at the BC? I don't need to be "sold" on it, just would love to hear why people prefer staying there... if that makes sense. :goodvibes Thanks in advance.

Missoutandabout - We've stayed at both the Polynesian and the BC. We prefer the BC. Although the Poly is great too we just LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Beach Club.

You can walk or take the water taxi over to both EPCOT and DHS. The pool at SAB is great - and there is a wonderful area for the little ones. CMs are fabulous (I believe the greeter in the BC lobby you are talking about is our very own Teena!). There is just something about the atmosphere at BC that makes us keep coming back. We even spend a few days just at the resort, not doing the parks. Movies on the beach - walking over to EPCOT - Beaches and Cream, Cape May Buffet - just a few of our favorite things about BC.

Teena - Welcome back! Sorry that Bob's no feeling well. I'm still coughing and a little run down. This strain of bronchitis really knocked me for a loop too. Hope you had a wonderful visit with Jeanne!

I'm still coughing a bit but feel pretty good. I'm looking forward to getting into the BC on Sunday!

That's good...because the Tastykakes are in the car and driving towards you right now! Glad that you are feeling better but sorry that Bob is now under the weather :(

I'd write to Guest Communications and send a "cc" to the General Manager of the Y&B Club (Mim Flynn).

I also know one way to be "heard" is to do the exit survey (7 AM in the lobby of the resort on the day you are checking out) and also mention it in the survey that is sent out via email or regular mail to about 40% of the guests after they get home. It's random as to who gets those surveys but if you get one, for sure answer it. Those two surveys are very very very important and they are really looked at by all divisions. Everybody can do the exit survey. Just be down in the lobby around 7 AM on the day you check out and look for some CMs walking around with lap top computers.

We were selected to do both surveys and mentioned the lack of resort specific items, changes to campfire smores and how we loved that the CL lounge was opened 24 hours. Plus how wonderful all the CMs were at BC, especially a certain greeter. ;)

We were selected to do both surveys and mentioned the lack of resort specific items, changes to campfire smores and how we loved that the CL lounge was opened 24 hours. Plus how wonderful all the CMs were at BC, especially a certain greeter. ;)

Thank you ... that means a bunch to me!

Sunday. The Haunted Mansion

Monday. Monsters Inc.

Tuesday. Alice in Wonderland (2010)

Wednesday. Mystery Movie Night

Thursday. Tinker Bell and the Lost Tresure

Friday. Up

Saturday. Beauty and the Beast

Let me know if there is anything else I can find out for anyone.

-Nannette

Thanks s bunch!!!!

Missoutandabout - We've stayed at both the Polynesian and the BC. We prefer the BC. Although the Poly is great too we just LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Beach Club.

You can walk or take the water taxi over to both EPCOT and DHS. The pool at SAB is great - and there is a wonderful area for the little ones. CMs are fabulous (I believe the greeter in the BC lobby you are talking about is our very own Teena!). There is just something about the atmosphere at BC that makes us keep coming back. We even spend a few days just at the resort, not doing the parks. Movies on the beach - walking over to EPCOT - Beaches and Cream, Cape May Buffet - just a few of our favorite things about BC.

First, welcome home Teena! Just today, we decided we might try the Disney Dream for a 3-night cruise in August. I know the 3-night is really short for experienced cruisers, but we're new at this so we thought we would try a short one first. We want to combine it with a Kennedy Space Center visit, and the end of August is best for the boys' school schedules. We know we can handle the Florida heat at WDW in the summer (and had a great time!) but is an August cruise crazy?

And I'll second everything that Disneymomx7 / Robyn said about Poly and BC. I am very sentimental about Poly - stayed there several times as a child when the "Polynesian Village" and CR were the only choices. My dad is a huge Poly fan, but in the early 90's, we broke out and tried BC - and we loved it!

Now, BC is my own family's favorite for the reasons Robyn mentioned. (My dad, on the other hand, still says it's a tie between BC and Poly.) I love the new room decor at BC - it's so bright, clean and sunny. (But the photos on the Disney website are outdated - see allears.net for the current photos.) We love walking, and so we walk to both EPCOT and DHS (we occasionally take the boat.) And we take full advantage of all the EPCOT dining options, since World Showcase is just steps away. If you have park hoppers, you can spend the day in one park and then end the day with dinner at EPCOT. We also stop by or go through EPCOT to do quick Kim Possible missions on our way somewhere else. Stormalong Bay is an amazing pool with something for everyone. And the whole EPCOT resort area has great energy. We have the whole Crescent Lake area for walking, dining, shopping, etc. - Boardwalk and Swan/Dolphin are right next door!

We do still use the monorail occasionally for fun! We always have either APs or park hoppers, so we like to take the monorail back to EPCOT at the end of an MK day (assuming EPCOT is open late enough) and then walk through World Showcase on our way back to the resort. We also use the monorail to get from MK to the MK resorts for meals. But since walking is our favorite mode of transportation (no waiting for monorail, boat or bus - just go!) BC is a great choice for us.

Happy planning!

First, welcome home Teena! Just today, we decided we might try the Disney Dream for a 3-night cruise in August. I know the 3-night is really short for experienced cruisers, but we're new at this so we thought we would try a short one first. We want to combine it with a Kennedy Space Center visit, and the end of August is best for the boys' school schedules. We know we can handle the Florida heat at WDW in the summer (and had a great time!) but is an August cruise crazy?

We have always been afraid of summer cruises because we figured it would be even worse than WDW in the summer (heat). However, we did a 5 night Disney cruise in late July this year because I just couldn't wait for the Fall. Weather wise it was fantastic. I even spent an afternoon on the deck (Deck 4 where you are not in the sun) reading and napping which I didn't anticipate doing because I figured it would be too hot. There was a nice breeze off the ocean and it was beautiful!

I'm not a fan of the 3 night cruise at all. By the time you get unpacked, you pack up again. I think you'd be much better off starting with the 4 night. You'd get a better cruise experience and get to enjoy the ship and entertainment more. On a 3 nighter, you really can't get the true experience. Just my opinion of course.

Which was a very long way to get to this question:
Any of you that have stayed at both the Poly and the BC, can you tell me the reasons why you prefer staying at the BC? I don't need to be "sold" on it, just would love to hear why people prefer staying there... if that makes sense. :goodvibes Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

I've stayed at the YC and will be staying at the BC in Dec. I have stayed at the Poly twice I was even married out at sunset pointe,I also have a dog named Kona Cafe so I do have a love of the Poly. BUT...after my trip to the YC I am sold on these two resorts and this is why. The poly even though it's suppose to have a tropical feel is very dark,even the recent room updates and I still think it's dark. Plus, the way the rooms are all spread out we contantly got lost trying to find members of our wedding party! I did love the boat back and forth to the MK though. At the YC/BC I felt at home we became friendly with the greeters all the CM were so kind. It was bright and lively with just the right mix of people. The sand bottom pool well it's. sand bottom pool:cool2: you can walk to epoct, and the BW plus take a boat to HS how great is :woohoo:that one draw back is the small market place but that would be it. This time we are staying CL :cloud9:so we won't need the market place. Well I hope that help:)

My the thread has been very busy today!
I have exciting news. I booked Disney Magic for August 2011 for a Mediterranean Cruise!!!! We are cruising with another family. Now I truly will be glued to the DIS between our BC trip this December and the Magic next summer.

Teena- will love to hear anything and everything about the Magic. I've cruised a bunch before but never on DCL. I think my children (who will be 8 and 12 next summer) will be over the moon. We booked adjoining verandah cabins with our friends.

I was very impressed so far with the travel agent we used for the cruise. I have always booked my Disney World vacations myself through the website, but I wonder if I should offer my TA to take over my ressie for December. Is there any benefit? I doubt the price will come down and we are staying CL so don't know that I need much assistance. Any thoughts?

We have always been afraid of summer cruises because we figured it would be even worse than WDW in the summer (heat). However, we did a 5 night Disney cruise in late July this year because I just couldn't wait for the Fall. Weather wise it was fantastic. I even spent an afternoon on the deck (Deck 4 where you are not in the sun) reading and napping which I didn't anticipate doing because I figured it would be too hot. There was a nice breeze off the ocean and it was beautiful!

I'm not a fan of the 3 night cruise at all. By the time you get unpacked, you pack up again. I think you'd be much better off starting with the 4 night. You'd get a better cruise experience and get to enjoy the ship and entertainment more. On a 3 nighter, you really can't get the true experience. Just my opinion of course.

Of course - you've just been on a summer cruise! When we talked with you as we were leaving the BC in July, you were just getting ready to leave for your cruise and you were telling us about how much you love Disney cruises, and that we should check them out. That's how our boys got excited about the cruise in the first place! Anyway, good to hear more about your experience in the summer. I'll check out the 4-night dates - our middle son is lobbying for that one!

I'd write to Guest Communications and send a "cc" to the General Manager of the Y&B Club (Mim Flynn).

I also know one way to be "heard" is to do the exit survey (7 AM in the lobby of the resort on the day you are checking out) and also mention it in the survey that is sent out via email or regular mail to about 40% of the guests after they get home. It's random as to who gets those surveys but if you get one, for sure answer it. Those two surveys are very very very important and they are really looked at by all divisions. Everybody can do the exit survey. Just be down in the lobby around 7 AM on the day you check out and look for some CMs walking around with lap top computers.

P.S. The e-mail for guest communications is somewhere on this thread. In July, we used it to commend Teena and a CM named Sara (who recovered and mailed a lost Sorcerer's Hat to us!) We received a really nice response that did not appear too canned, so I felt like that was an effective way to be heard. And we participated in the exit survey last March - we didn't mention any improvements at the time because we were just excited when we were there - but I'll remember to mention the BC merchandise issue next time!

My the thread has been very busy today!
I have exciting news. I booked Disney Magic for August 2011 for a Mediterranean Cruise!!!! We are cruising with another family. Now I truly will be glued to the DIS between our BC trip this December and the Magic next summer.

Teena- will love to hear anything and everything about the Magic. I've cruised a bunch before but never on DCL. I think my children (who will be 8 and 12 next summer) will be over the moon. We booked adjoining verandah cabins with our friends.

I was very impressed so far with the travel agent we used for the cruise. I have always booked my Disney World vacations myself through the website, but I wonder if I should offer my TA to take over my ressie for December. Is there any benefit? I doubt the price will come down and we are staying CL so don't know that I need much assistance. Any thoughts?

We've cruised Holland America, Royal Caribbean, Celebrity, Norwegian and Silver Seas and we much prefer DCL. We never have kids with us but it looks like the kids' clubs are wonderful. As far as for us, we prefer the food, service, entertainment and cabins over any of the other cruise lines. And Castaway Cay makes the other private islands look like trash!

In my personal opinion, as long as you know the ins and outs of WDW, I would NOT use a travel agent. If you are a disboarder, chances are you will know about the price changes/discounts/specials even before your travel agent. And if you use a travel agent, all the information about pool closings, your Magical Express and luggage tags, etc. go to the travel agent. I prefer things to come to me directly. Just my opinion!

We've cruised Holland America, Royal Caribbean, Celebrity, Norwegian and Silver Seas and we much prefer DCL. We never have kids with us but it looks like the kids' clubs are wonderful. As far as for us, we prefer the food, service, entertainment and cabins over any of the other cruise lines. And Castaway Cay makes the other private islands look like trash!

In my personal opinion, as long as you know the ins and outs of WDW, I would NOT use a travel agent. If you are a disboarder, chances are you will know about the price changes/discounts/specials even before your travel agent. And if you use a travel agent, all the information about pool closings, your Magical Express and luggage tags, etc. go to the travel agent. I prefer things to come to me directly. Just my opinion!

Good point about the TA. I couldn't see any particular benefit for the WDW booking. $300 OBC made it worthwhile for DCL! I now have two trips to look forward to, but I sure would love to do a Disney Cruise that stops at Castaway Cay in the next six months or so. After our December trip, it is going to be along time til August. I might just need to book something for April!

Can't wait - in 6 days I'll be resting by the BC pool :) At least until Sunday, when my conference starts...

Good point about the TA. I couldn't see any particular benefit for the WDW booking. $300 OBC made it worthwhile for DCL! I now have two trips to look forward to, but I sure would love to do a Disney Cruise that stops at Castaway Cay in the next six months or so. After our December trip, it is going to be along time til August. I might just need to book something for April!

This year, now that my res is complete and done, I will pass it over to my AAA TA so we can get some of the AAA perks.

Just wanted to do a happy dance. We're going to WDW for 18 nights in May and had booked for 9 nights villa and 9 nights POR. Well, my best friend and I have always wanted to stay at BC but we've never been able to afford it (expensive flights rule us out) but as a surprise I've just managed to rent points off a diser so our last three nights (all I could afford) are at BC Villas!! I'm soooooo excited and can't wait to tell my two friends. :cool1::cool1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter