2010 Yacht and Beach Club FAQ, Part II---Inactive Thread--- Please do not post here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just subscribing onto part two of the thread.

the disunplugged podcast reviewed the beach club hotel and cape may cafe this week on the show.

I don't think anyone answered my question earlier! LOL!

Has anyone stayed at the YC CL? If so how did you like it!?

thanks so much for any comments.

brunette:cloud9:

We stayed for 9 nights at YC Club level in July. It was fantastic. The food offerings were great and the CMs were terrific. Would highly recommend the CL (at BC, too - stayed there in July 09).

You can't go wrong.

Jennifer

So when putting in a room request you shouldn't give specific numbers, how about if I said a view facing the woods/Epcot with a full balcony? I've never requested a room at the Beach Club so I'm not sure if this is going to narrow down the possibilities too much.

So when putting in a room request you shouldn't give specific numbers, how about if I said a view facing the woods/Epcot with a full balcony? I've never requested a room at the Beach Club so I'm not sure if this is going to narrow down the possibilities too much.

Yes, that should work. A request like that will tell the room assignors what is most important to you.

Princess Jo - I would think that IPO would be able to handle your requests very well. :goodvibes

Hello! :wave2:

I will be at the BC in November and would like to send someone traveling with us a special treat from private dining (champagne/strawberries...etc.). Does anyone know who I would contact to arrange this? We are staying Club Level so is this something IPO could help with?

Thanks!

Yes, the IPO can help arrange this. I've used the BC/YC IPO our last two trips to have choc. covered strawberries in the room. The first trip they were in the room upon arrival, the second time (May 2010) we got there earlier and our room was just getting ready for us. I just reminded the CM who showed us to our room about the order and about 5 min. later private dining was there with a tray of choc. covered strawberries! Our kids think that the BC does it for all their guests! :goodvibes They still talk about it--"I wonder if they'll be more choc. covered strawberries when we go there next time," etc. It is fun to do something special!

Have a great trip!

Hi everyone! I've been reading posts and researching everything on DIS and a few other sites and I finally booked today! We will be staying at the BC for 9 days in Sept of 2011. It will be me, my hubby, DD1 will be 4 and DD2 will be almost 2! We are sooooo excited and now I have a year to figure out where I want to eat and how to figure out all of the park stuff.

Anyway....my first question....I notice people talking about room requests...where do you do this? When I booked I didn't see any place where you could request this? Thanks so much and I look forward to stalking the BC threads for the next year!

We are staying at BC in August (first time there). We booked online. We decided to upgrade our fd plan and so when I called I made my room request by phone.:goodvibes

Anyway....my first question....I notice people talking about room requests...where do you do this? When I booked I didn't see any place where you could request this? Thanks so much and I look forward to stalking the BC threads for the next year!

Welocme to the thread. For your room request, just call WDW Reservations and have it added. Never too early to do this but you have a while to figure out exactly what it is you want to request. There are plenty of DISers here to help you with ideas on exactly what it is you might want to ask for. Happy planning.

There is a new BC video on You Tube from DIS. :thumbsup2Wonderful!:thumbsup2. May be front page material there Dee.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sa-069xRMRs&feature=youtu.be

Take me home will ya:sail:

Hey Mike- thanks for the heads up on the video. Great find! I did put it up in the FAQ section.

Anyone else who has other ideas of thing that should go there- fire away!

I have considered putting up a comparision of the BC/YC since that is something posters frequently ask, but I am concerned that some of the differences might be subjective. Here's what I have so far. Comments welcomed!

The Beach Club and Yacht Club are similar resorts in terms of service and amenities, and have equal access to the shared pool complex, health club and video arcade. Both resorts have the same management team in place.

Some minor differences have been noted by guests:

Beach Club
Lighter, beachy decor in lobby and rooms
Lobby can be active and lively with families waiting for meals at Cape May
Closer to EPCOT and Marketplace Gift Shop
Approximately 50% of rooms in all room categories have full balconies. The remaining are standing balconies.

Yacht Club
Darker woods and nautical decor in lobby and rooms
Lobby is more serene
Convention attendees are more likely to be booked at YC
Closer to Hollywood Studios and Friendship Boats
Most rooms have a full balcony

Thanks for the video, Mike. Most excellent. I love all the exterior shots of BCV....I miss it. Going back next month!!! :cool1:

Dee, I think you've summarized the differences very well. :thumbsup2

According to Build a Better Mouse Trip, these are the September movies being shown at the Beach Club after the campfire. I have put this info in the FAQ section at the front of the thread.

If anyone can confirm that these are the movies being shown, or let me know if the sign at the BC lists anything different, I would appreciate it!

Sunday College Road Trip
Monday James and the Giant Peach (PG)
Tuesday Lizzie McGuire Star Struck
Wednesday Lilo & Stitch (PG)
Thursday Lilo & Stitch 2 (PG)
Friday Mystery Movie Night
Saturday G-Force (PG)

I know I have seen something on this but I can not find it. We will be staying BC/CL in October. I know that there are laundry facilities at the quiet pool but my question is, are the washers He machines. I need to know what kind of detergent to pack.

Thanks,
Erin

Hey Mike- thanks for the heads up on the video. Great find! I did put it up in the FAQ section.

Yacht Club
Darker woods and nautical decor in lobby and rooms
Lobby is more serene
Convention attendees are more likely to be booked at YC
Closer to Hollywood Studios and Friendship Boats
Most rooms have a full balcony

I am pretty sure that all the rooms have a full balcony. I believe that Teena can confirm this.

I am pretty sure that all the rooms have a full balcony. I believe that Teena can confirm this.

I remember someone posting that there are a very few rooms without a balcony. I believe the poster had stayed in one. This was years ago though so my memory may be failing me. :rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter