2010 Yacht and Beach Club FAQ, Part II---Inactive Thread--- Please do not post here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This will be our first trip to the BC, after staying the past couple trips at WL (we wanted to change it up for this trip). The AP rate was a little high for the BC, but still manageable, so we decided to try it.

We had to book at water view room, but I haven't seen a map of rooms like on the WL thread? Is there a good room in terms of location to the pool? Is the food court at least comporable to Roaring Forks (which is not that big)?

I guess we won't have to pool-hop since we're staying at 'the' Disney pool!!! J/K. Our stay is 11/3 to 11/12, so I'm hoping for great weather so we can use that pool!!!!

While not that familiar with WL, I'd say that the food area is a part of the BC Marketplace, 30-40% perhaps. I think there might be enough seating for 12 there (total). We usually just get our stuff, and head back to the room. I think there are places around, but outside of the Marketplace, to sit and eat.

Is there a good room in terms of location to the pool?

Not sure if this is what you are looking for. If you want an idea of the YC/BC resort layout you can get that on Disney's web site. If you want an idea of rooms, here is one for BC but WARNING, it is old and the catagories are outdated.

http://www.disneyzone.net/bcresort.htm

As a side note, it has been advised repeatedly that you should not request a room by number but only by location. This is due to the chance that a specific room may not be available but a room location may be when you are checking in. But I'm sure you already knew that.

This will be our first trip to the BC, after staying the past couple trips at WL (we wanted to change it up for this trip). The AP rate was a little high for the BC, but still manageable, so we decided to try it.

We had to book at water view room, but I haven't seen a map of rooms like on the WL thread? Is there a good room in terms of location to the pool? Is the food court at least comporable to Roaring Forks (which is not that big)?

I guess we won't have to pool-hop since we're staying at 'the' Disney pool!!! J/K. Our stay is 11/3 to 11/12, so I'm hoping for great weather so we can use that pool!!!!

Our family of 5 outgrew WL after our 2009 trip - we returned to BC and were very happy! It's now our favorite resort, and the only thing we miss about WL is the lobby (which is just beautiful) but 1) we don't spend much time in the lobby anyway, and 2) the BC lobby was just spruced up after our trip in July, so I'm excited to see it!

The BC Marketplace isn't really comparable to Roaring Forks - as PaDisneyCouple mentioned, it's only a small part of the gift shop and in the corner. But for our family, BC Marketplace has everything we need - we don't eat big breakfasts and just grab some things to eat in the room. The refill mug station is there, along with boxed donuts, cereals, etc. and a counter with sandwiches, a few warm breakfast items, etc. So the switch from Roaring Forks to BC Marketplace was just fine for us.

Welcome to the BC thread and BC!!!

Thanks for the info about the character breakfast everyone.. going to do it the second day instead of arrival day.

Another question.. is general consensus that the No Way Jose the best sundae at B & C?

Thanks for the info about the character breakfast everyone.. going to do it the second day instead of arrival day.

Another question.. is general consensus that the No Way Jose the best sundae at B & C?

That's what I heard...but my family ended up getting The Kitchen Sink (at Teena's urging!!). It was so much fun!!

CopyofP1010401.jpg

I am happy to post that I will be leaving on Sept 24th for the Yacht Club. will be staying through Oct 3rd. Does anybody have any idea how crowded the pool area might be at this time? The FWF does not start until the Friday before we are leaving so I was hoping it would be a slow time to go.

lilmomma00,

We leave on Saturday and I'm right there with you :banana: but only 4 this trip. 17 people? Who are you bringing?

Just got home an hour ago from our Mother/Daughter BC trip! YES-the No Way Jose is the best ice cream creation! :rotfl: We order one every trip... TWO this trip to share! :banana:

Had a fabulous time!!! The weather was phenomenal except for some showers in the evening of our arrival day.... no other rain for the other 3.5 days out of our 4 day trip! Crowds were LOW! Sooooo much lower than our mid-July trip! :banana: It was so unusual for us to be able to WALK ON Expedition Everest, Rock-n-Roller Coaster, ToT, Thunder Mtn, and Space Mtn for most of the morning and even still have only a 20 min. wait TOPS in the afternoon/evening for most of them (other than Soarin and Test Track which the longest wait we saw was 45 min.)

Now we're back and hunkering down waiting for Earl and hoping he heads out to the west a bit more!!!!

Dee-did you still need the locker pic outside of DHS? I did take one just in case.... :)

We were so sorry we missed Teena :( :( :( My girls said it's just not the same without Teena greeting us (I agree!!!!) though Richard seems very nice!!!

I don't think anyone answered my question earlier! LOL!

Has anyone stayed at the YC CL? If so how did you like it!?

thanks so much for any comments.

brunette:cloud9:

I don't think anyone answered my question earlier! LOL!

Has anyone stayed at the YC CL? If so how did you like it!?

thanks so much for any comments.

brunette:cloud9:

My DH and I stayed at YC in April (without kids) and LOVED it! We had a lovely room and loved the location. It felt a little more "grown up" to me which was perfect for us.

Amanda

Whew!! Finally read thru all the posts!! :thumbsup2
First let me say what a wonderful thread this is! Everyone here is so friendly and helpful!! I'm looking forward to planning my upcoming trip with you all! We are going January 28,2011- February 5th. It was a toss up between a monorail resort or BWI or BC. My dd10 has CP and is in a wheelchair so we plan on 'enjoying' the resort and not going comando in the parks all week. I am happy to say that I am super psyched about booking the BC!!!:yay: As usual, I second guessed myself soon after I booked, but having read thru this thread, no doubts AT ALL!! I have a few ?'s but will post those later, just wanted to join in and say hi :)

Dee-did you still need the locker pic outside of DHS? I did take one just in case.... :)

Welcome back!!! Thought of you and the girls a few times the past couple of days. Sounds like a great trip! Have filed away your helpful info about low crowds this time of year. Florida schools are all back in session and a lot of other schools around the country have started too, but our district starts back after Labor Day. Hmmmm.:idea:

Yes, I still need the locker photo! When you get your pics uploaded, could you e-mail it to me? Thanks so much!!!

First let me say what a wonderful thread this is! Everyone here is so friendly and helpful!!

Hi Karalynn- glad you have enjoyed this thread. Lots of BC vets here who share their knowledge. Our tagline really should be "the friendliest thread on the DIS"

Has anyone stayed at the YC CL? If so how did you like it!? thanks so much for any comments. brunette:cloud9:

There have been several posts on this thread from DISers that have stayed YC CL this year, as recently as last month. Take a look at posts 212 and 268 for a sample. I think if you flip through the pages you'll see some great reviews. Also there was a review on another separate thread of someone who didn't have such a wonderful experience at the YC. I'm not sure how many pages you'll have to go back to find his review off the main resorts page but it is interesting reading as well. Hope you have a great time at the YC.

Welcome back!!! Thought of you and the girls a few times the past couple of days. Sounds like a great trip! Have filed away your helpful info about low crowds this time of year. Florida schools are all back in session and a lot of other schools around the country have started too, but our district starts back after Labor Day. Hmmmm.:idea:

Yes-we start back the day after Labor Day as well even though all the surrounding districts started this week.....

I honestly was amazed by the crowds!!! We rode SOOO many attractions and some FP attractions weren't even offering FP's because they weren't necessary (ie. Kali River Rapids). One night Soarin' still had FP's available at 7pm with a return time of 8:05pm!!! :yay: I was talking to another family on a bus one morning and they were telling me how they usually come in November/January and they weren't used to these larger crowds..... I told them that compared to July, this was empty! :rotfl:

SAB was still packed Saturday and Sunday but noticeably less crowded on Monday and Tuesday :thumbsup2 There was no wait at all Tuesday for the waterslide :banana: We easily got a table on arrival day @ Beaches and Cream at noon-no wait at all!!! Then on Tuesday around 3pm, it was virtually empty when we stopped in to order a No Way Jose to share :goodvibes

Hello! :wave2:

I will be at the BC in November and would like to send someone traveling with us a special treat from private dining (champagne/strawberries...etc.). Does anyone know who I would contact to arrange this? We are staying Club Level so is this something IPO could help with?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter