2009 DDP, DxDP and QS plans - Everything you always wanted to know

2 quick questions, is there a minimum number of days or can you purchase a plan for a 1 night stay (we are AP holders)

How do you get the resort mugs? (CS plan) Do you have to wait for your first CS meal or can you just go to a CS restaurant and get them at any time.

bookwormde

The dining plan is for the number of nights of your res with a minimum of 1 (I guess if it was less then one you wouldnt be at disneyworld)

You get them at the resort when you check in I believe since its a resort specific mug

Has the time changed for how many days inadvance you can make dining reservations? Is it 180 days or 90 days?

Anyone know if there are ANY CS restaurants that don't have a childrens' menu to use the child credit at.

Does that make sense?

For example, last year we ate at Pizza Planet at DHS and there wasn't a children's menu so we used our daughter's credit to purchase a regular meal. I know that this is no longer the case and they have added a children's menu at this restaurant.

Just wondering if there were any places left that still didn't have a Children's Menu.

Thanks!

Anyone know if there are ANY CS restaurants that don't have a childrens' menu to use the child credit at.

Does that make sense?

For example, last year we ate at Pizza Planet at DHS and there wasn't a children's menu so we used our daughter's credit to purchase a regular meal. I know that this is no longer the case and they have added a children's menu at this restaurant.

Just wondering if there were any places left that still didn't have a Children's Menu.

Thanks!

I moved this up to the DDP FAQ thread. Post 5 http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=29587839&postcount=5 is a FAQ and has a section all about children on the dining plan, including the restaurants that don't have a child's menu.

Hope this helps! :goodvibes

THANKS!! I am always afraid that I am asking things in the worng place! :rolleyes:

LOL - I can't even keep all of the threads straight.

There is a LOT of information in the FAQ threads. We tried breaking it out into smaller bits this year, so it'd be easier to read/research, but it's still a daunting task to read it all.

I am so glad that this helped you!! :goodvibes

What can I do if there is no kids meal at a counter service restaurant on the DDP? Are they allowed to order off the adult regular menu? Will I be charged an adult CS or a kid CS? I am thinking my older children may get tired of eating the same kids meals.
Thanks
ME:tinker:
DH:donald:
DSpluto:
DS:sulley:
DD:butterfly
DDprincess:

What can I do if there is no kids meal at a counter service restaurant on the DDP? Are they allowed to order off the adult regular menu? Will I be charged an adult CS or a kid CS? I am thinking my older children may get tired of eating the same kids meals.
Thanks

The kids menus are actually surprisingly varied. There are some kids normal choices and some healthier options virtually everywhere.

That being said, if there is no kids menu - you may order for them off of the adult menu. There aren't many locations left, but to quote from post 5 of this thread (Pumbaa's FAQ post)

Which CS locations do not have a separate children’s menu?
I understand that where there is no children’s menu, children can order off the regular menu.
• Toluca Turkey Legs
• Casey's
• Pete's Doggone Good Dogs
• Sommerfest
• Yorkshire County Fish Shop
• Main Street Bakery

The first 5 posts do a great job explaining the different plans and how things work on the DDP.

Hope this helps! :goodvibes

4 of us are going to disney and sharing a room and I have a Pin for the free dining. My question is this, if we book a package for 4 adults, but we arrive on different days (1 day apart), how does the process of credits work?

Will they put all the dining credits on the KTTW when we check in? Or will they need to wait for all the people on the reservation to arrive? I ask as I would need to plan the first night differently depending on the situation.

Hi, I have already made a reservation saying that we will do the dinning plan and i was wondering if we changed it to the quick service will be charged for changing it. I have only put the deposit down and payment isn't due until next month. :confused3

I know the TS credits were separated when I went last time . Just wondering if the CS credits were separated now?

4 of us are going to disney and sharing a room and I have a Pin for the free dining. My question is this, if we book a package for 4 adults, but we arrive on different days (1 day apart), how does the process of credits work?

Will they put all the dining credits on the KTTW when we check in? Or will they need to wait for all the people on the reservation to arrive? I ask as I would need to plan the first night differently depending on the situation.

They will put all the credits on the keys when you check in.

Not only that, but everyone on the reservation will have credits for all the nights, even the folks who don't arrive until the second day of the reservation.

Hi, I have already made a reservation saying that we will do the dinning plan and i was wondering if we changed it to the quick service will be charged for changing it. I have only put the deposit down and payment isn't due until next month. :confused3

ON a package reservation, if you downgrade the reservation (which you are doing by moving from regular plan to quick service) you should be charged a fee if you change it within 45 days of arrival.

They will put all the credits on the keys when you check in.

Not only that, but everyone on the reservation will have credits for all the nights, even the folks who don't arrive until the second day of the reservation.

Well thats good news for us then......though we may have a few extra credits to spend, but thats not bad.

This led me to think of something though......with the free dining, how does that stop someone from adding 2 "adult" kids (like 12 and 15yo) to their reservation and getting dining credits for them and spending them on themselves, without actually having kids? Seems like the free dining program would leave Disney wide open for fraud like that....IMO......

ok probably going to ask a stupid question my DH and I are heading down to Dis in Oct to stay at SSR, we are thinking about purchasing the Deluxe Dining Plan, now out grand daughter has said she can pay for her ticket and come visit us since we would have 3 meals a day each can we take her to meals with us and 1 of us use our three meals a day that way? chances are DH or myself wouldn't eat three meals every day anyway.

I have a few questions we have been to Disney a few times but this will be our first time using the Disney Dining Plan.We will arrive Sunday May 10 and check out Saturday May 17.There is 6 of us in all 2 adults 4 children Childrens ages are 11,9,7,and 4.It is really confusing.I am guessing I will have 7 credits for Table 7 for Counter and 7 snack per person per day right??? I have until midnight of the 17th to use them all right??? We never get park tickets the last day because it just so busy checking out and all.So I am going to use 1 ts,1cs,1snack per person per day so we wont have any left...Here is what we have so far..

May 10-arrive day Hollywood Studios
CS either All Star Music foodcourt or somewhere in HS
Snack-wherever
TS-Sci Fi Dine In dinner

May 11-Animal Kingdom
CS-not sure
snack-wherever
TS-breakfast at Donalds Tusker House

May-12 Blizzard Beach during the day
come back and go to Downtown Disney
Lunch-CS Earl of Sandwich
Dinner-TS Planet Hollywood

May 13-Epcot
TS ESPN Club
CS not sure yet
snack wherever

May 14-Magic Kingdom
CS-Caseys Hotdog dinner
snack wherever
TS-breakfast at Crystal Palace

May-15 Typhoon Lagoon during the day
Disneyquest at night
TS-Whispering Canyon Cafe Dinner
CS-not sure yet
snack wherever

May 16 Animal Kingdom/Epcot
TS Dinner at Le Cellier
CS not sure yet
snack wherever

May 17 check out and leave

How does this sound???? We are so excited wasnt sure if we would be able to go at all this year....

Ksmommy -- for your MK day, you can get a lot more food (and probably more comfortable seating) for CS for dinner at Cosmic Rays in Tomorrowland (ribs and chicken), than you'll get at Casey's, which might be something to consider since you're using TS for breakfast. And if it's an evening EMH day (which we don't know yet), you might need more fuel to last on into the night. (You might want to know about EMH before you make your ADR's, to have things coordinated).

Our June trip is going to be first for DDP -- but I think you can use more than one of a type of credit on the same day (like you could use two TS on one day, and two (or three -- not that you'd want to do that) CS on another, or use up any leftover credit toward the end of your trip, or for snacks for your check-out day). We're just going to do the QS DDP; I don't want to be tied down to ADR's or spend the time it takes to do sit-down restaurants.

I have a son who will age up from 9 to 10 on our trip (2nd day) :bday:

We have already signed up for the Quick Service Plan, and from past experience he gets tired of the children offerings. I know they age up any unused tickets will they do the same for the unused dining credits?

Who do I ask? :confused3

Thanks in advance:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter