2009 DDP, DxDP and QS plans - Everything you always wanted to know

So this works? What about making the ADR's. Because I have 2 different reservation numbers do I have to wait to make the entire weeks ADR's?

No, make all ADR's at your 90 day mark. We can only handle about 2/3 days of DxDDP. It is alot of food especially if using all TS & signature dining. I do so love it for Narcooses & Calli Grill, what a deal! Have fun!:thumbsup2

The credits are all put on everyone's KTTW card, aren't they? So if we're not eating in the same place, each of us can use our own card to access whatever we need for our own food in different locations?

And, if we're all eating together, we only have to use one KTTW card for the whole meal for all of us?

Can we get access to the DDP on check-in day while waiting for a room assignment -- in order to have lunch at the resort while waiting for access to our room? (Altho I guess it's sort of set up to allow for dinner the first night and bkfst or lunch on check-out day). I keep reading about people who have leftover credits.

The credits are all put on everyone's KTTW card, aren't they? So if we're not eating in the same place, each of us can use our own card to access whatever we need for our own food in different locations?
YES
And, if we're all eating together, we only have to use one KTTW card for the whole meal for all of us?
YES
Can we get access to the DDP on check-in day while waiting for a room assignment -- in order to have lunch at the resort while waiting for access to our room? (Altho I guess it's sort of set up to allow for dinner the first night and bkfst or lunch on check-out day). I keep reading about people who have leftover credits.
Yes! You will get your credits at check-in to use at your discretion. We always have to scramble to use last day credits. We've left up to 8 TS/12 CS, of course this was during free dining periods. If I had to pay for them I might have made a better attempt to use them. We are "fooded out" after about 6-7 days, even my DH who we lovingly call "Jethro"!

Looking for advice please. Dh, myself, and our 3 non-children, lol, ages 19, 16, and 13 are traveling in June staying at Pop in 2 rooms. We were very fortunate to receive a code for free dining. My dh has made numerous comments about not having breakfast or any appetizers and now I'm wondering if it would be possible to upgrade our free dining to deluxe for the two of us in our room, yet maintain the "kids" on the regular DDP in their room. So, a: can this be done? and b: would this be a nightmare to try to keep track of? The cost difference as I understand it is $32 pp so for 10 nights it would cost an additional $640. So if possible, is deluxe worth it?

Looking for advice please. Dh, myself, and our 3 non-children, lol, ages 19, 16, and 13 are traveling in June staying at Pop in 2 rooms. We were very fortunate to receive a code for free dining. My dh has made numerous comments about not having breakfast or any appetizers and now I'm wondering if it would be possible to upgrade our free dining to deluxe for the two of us in our room, yet maintain the "kids" on the regular DDP in their room. So, a: can this be done? and b: would this be a nightmare to try to keep track of? The cost difference as I understand it is $32 pp so for 10 nights it would cost an additional $640. So if possible, is deluxe worth it?

If there are two different reservation #'s then, yes you can upgrade your DH & self. If you are not planning on signature TS, I think you'd be better off going OOP. Most meals are shareable (is that a word?) & you can supplement with your SC. I'd do same as you, as long as I didn't have to put it out for all the kids. Makes the value seem not so great:confused3
BTW-congrats on the June code. We were fortunate enough to get the same one & will be at AS Movies this time. It will be odd not staying at Pop, but going to mix things up a bit. We get to make our ADR's next month:cheer2:

Clara, I forgot:sad2: I just wanted to say congrats on that tickers! It is so hard & you should be very proud! Keep it up:thumbsup2

I noticed that on the menus there are prices listed for all of the meals. I'm wondering if my DS wanted to eat for example a rack of bbq ribs (he's done it before) that are listed for about $22, and I want to eat something like a hamburger? It's only ONE TS credit each??? No matter how much the entree is? or is it a percentage off the cost of the meal? Totally confused here...:crazy2:

I noticed that on the menus there are prices listed for all of the meals. I'm wondering if my DS wanted to eat for example a rack of bbq ribs (he's done it before) that are listed for about $22, and I want to eat something like a hamburger? It's only ONE TS credit each??? No matter how much the entree is? or is it a percentage off the cost of the meal? Totally confused here...:crazy2:

If you are at a 1TS credit restaurant, you can order any entree on the menu regardless of price. If your DS wants those ribs, he shall have those ribs!!:thumbsup2

Is the Fantasmic Dining Experience included in the Dining plan? Also-we are a party of 6-will gratuity automatically be added to our table service meals?

THANKS!

Is the Fantasmic Dining Experience included in the Dining plan? Also-we are a party of 6-will gratuity automatically be added to our table service meals?

THANKS!

Yes and Yes :)

The Fantasmic Dining Package is included in the dining plan (and still includes an appetizer).

Yes, because you are a party of 6, an auto gratuity of 18% will be added to your bill.

Is it any restaurant that is table service in MGM that participates??

THANKS!!!!!!!:thumbsup2

Is it any restaurant that is table service in MGM that participates??

THANKS!!!!!!!:thumbsup2

Brown Derby participates, but is 2TS credits, but includes the appetizer as well

Hollywood and Vine participates, is just 1TS credit, but is a buffet

Mama Melrose participates, is 1TS credit, and includes the appetizer

No other DHS restaurant has the Fantasmic Dining Package at this time.

Last time when we went, our CS receipts didn't differentiate between adult CS credits and child CS credits, so it was a little confusing to figure out how many of each we had left... TS receipts were specific about kids and adults... I was wondering if they've changed the CS receipts to be specific, yet?

I don't know if this has been answered, yet, so I'll answer my own question... we just returned from a week in the world on the regular DDP... our CS receipts did NOT separate credits. Nor were they separated when I asked for a print-out from the lobby concierge.

we are doing a Grand Gatherings breakfast.
there will be 12 of us, 3 separate families.
Each family is on their own dining plan.
I understand that we could get separate checks to use our DDP credits...
but how is the tip covered?
would each family being paying a tip?
which (feeling generous) could be 20% of the bill?
so essentially, our waiter/waitress could be recieving a tip of $60?
i base this on our last vacation where each meal's tip was around $17- $18.
and that was just our family.
does $60 seem like a lot?

This was in another post:
One tip for extra value - if you have kids(3-9), the plan does not distinguish between adult and child counter service meals. For example, we had 2 adults and 1 child. We could get an adult breakfast CS meal and two adult CS lunch meals every day. This helped spread out the food some, and gave us a good meal for breakfast. The only restriction on CS is that you can't order more adult meals than adults in your group, i.e. we couldn't order 3 Adult CS meals at one time.

Is this true??

2 quick questions, is there a minimum number of days or can you purchase a plan for a 1 night stay (we are AP holders)

How do you get the resort mugs? (CS plan) Do you have to wait for your first CS meal or can you just go to a CS restaurant and get them at any time.

bookwormde

I may be wrong, but I think they are seperated now. They were'nt last year, but I thought that I read somewhere that they had been seperated.

I was trying to figure out where the heck my post moved to. LOL! I found it suprising that they wouldn't distinguish b/t the two which prompted my post. I guess I should have peeked in here first. Sorry about that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter