2006 DVC Member Cruise - SSMC06 - October 22, 2006 Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
MaryJ said:
Good Morning All!

I also learned that WW is coming back to my small town, and will be meeting at a church that's an easy walk from my house! First class is the day after Labor Day! :banana:

In my area WW is starting a new kind of promo. I will pay $39.95 per month and will attend meetings and have access to WW online. I currently pay for the meetings AND pay $12.95 per month for online access. Yeah for saving money - more money to buy my tickets with! :cheer2:

Has anyone used magical express? I was thinking of using this instead of renting a car. Can you use it if you are changing resorts midway(okw pre cruise, ssr after). Does anyone know of a transportation co that will take you to vero beach from wdw and back to wdw.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Good luck with the weight loss, it is a constant battle.

Also can you tell me how to change my signature information. I would like to put the 2005 and 2006 logos and vacation count down and prior vacations

Stitch#1 said:
Julie - No kleenex?! How do you blow your nose? :confused3

Shirt sleeve??? :rotfl2:

no really, Puffs - it's the only brand for me. I bring my own on all trips :)

acourtwdw said:
Has anyone used magical express? I was thinking of using this instead of renting a car. Can you use it if you are changing resorts midway(okw pre cruise, ssr after). Does anyone know of a transportation co that will take you to vero beach from wdw and back to wdw.

Also can you tell me how to change my signature information. I would like to put the 2005 and 2006 logos and vacation count down and prior vacations

I've used Magical Express and had two different experiences so I guess it depends when in the year your using it. One was fairly long wait to check in at airport but quick arrival of luggage at hotel room. The other was a short wait at airport but LOOOOONG wait for luggage to arrive. Either way it saves us $80 plus tip so it's good for me.

acourtwdw said:

I have only used it once that was for my trip last March. I loved it - very convienient.

Yes you can use it even if you change resorts. I stayed at AKL the begining of my trip and moved to SSR. When you book ME they will send you luggage tags for the resort you are going to. Put those tags on your luggage before checking your luggage at your home airport. Somehow your luggage will magically appear in your room. When leaving I was staying at SSR, I took my luggage to the baggage check area and they held it for me, I had a late flight out. I was flying Spirit and they don't participate in ME so when the bus showed up at SSR I had to pick up my luggage and take it to the bus and then take it from the bus to the airport check in. If the airline you are flying is a participating airline you check your luggage in and don't worry about it until you are back at your home airport.

Magical Express is the Airport to wdw service.

The resort to DCL service is transfers via Mears.
( I think its $75 round trip but not sure)
If you've been following the "party bus" it seems that Mears is picking up from the resorts late.

If you don't want to rent a car, you could use a towncar company such as happy limo or florida tours.

-Cheryl

acourtwdw said:

ok catching up: Julie I hope your bite is ok. My dog loves to chase things, I always pull him back.

Party bus: sounds like fun but Alas we are staying at home because Todd wants to spend time/visit the cats. So I am part of the car caravan (except that I live closer to the port)

rsschneck said:
You have a cruise after our cruise? Lucky Ducks!
OH MY! I WISH WE DID! I MEANT TO SAY WE HAVE TO GET RIGHT BACK TO THE AIRPORT AFTER THE CRUISE!!!

WDWLVR said:
We passed a milestone!

Congrats to Stacy on post and reply #13,000!

Wow I didn't even notice that when I posted!
:hyper2: :hyper2: :hyper2:

iluvdisney said:
Hey Steve (fireplug) - I was checking out the Collector forum and here's a link you have to check out - it's got some sweet train cars on it -

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1192339

Thank you very much Mary! That is a cool collection. I am looking forward to seeing the trains at WDW in Oct. May even have a small train budget to buy something new! Glad to see you made it home to Mich.

SQuid

First of all, Julie, OMG!!!!! We had a person in our office bit by one and she almost died!!! NASTY BUGS. She was out of work for 2 months.

acourtwdw said:

Magical express is a no-brainer if you aren't going to need a car...
As far as changeing your signature, look on the top of this page. There is a link to USER CP.
From there on the top left is line that says edit signature.....

:figment:

chipscinderelly said:
Shirt sleeve??? :rotfl2:

no really, Puffs - it's the only brand for me. I bring my own on all trips :)

I wasn't sure if you were saying Kleenex as the brand or just as a general term.
A co-worker had similar issues where she couldn't use an that had additional stuff added like the aloe ones.

Stitch#1 said:
I wasn't sure if you were saying Kleenex as the brand or just as a general term.
A co-worker had similar issues where she couldn't use an that had additional stuff added like the aloe ones.

So does that mean I cannot use your sleeve??? :rotfl: jk!

David - WOAH that is not good! I'm glad that my bite is much less severe (honestly it's the same reaction I have to fire ants except the swelling didn't go down on this one and I didn't see or feel the ant bite).

Thanks everyone for the well wishes - I'm still upright, so that's good!

Matt and I are off to the city council meeting (oh joy) as we've been notified a gas station/convenience store wants to build a 24 hour location right at the entrance of our subdivision (no thank you!) and we already have 2 gas stations within a mile.

chipscinderelly said:
So does that mean I cannot use your sleeve??? :rotfl: jk!

Matt and I are off to the city council meeting (oh joy) as we've been notified a gas station/convenience store wants to build a 24 hour location right at the entrance of our subdivision (no thank you!) and we already have 2 gas stations within a mile.

I'm not sure if any of the shirts I will be wearing on the cruise will even have sleeves!

I don't blame you for not wanting another gas station. Two within a mile seems to be plenty.

Ilene - I haven't signed up again yet. I'm going to do so on Saturday. I go to the one at the Hanover Mall because they offer so many different days and times.

ConleyFam said:
In my area WW is starting a new kind of promo. I will pay $39.95 per month and will attend meetings and have access to WW online. I currently pay for the meetings AND pay $12.95 per month for online access. Yeah for saving money - more money to buy my tickets with! :cheer2:

Someone I work with just mentioned this to me. I think I'm going to sign u for it. I'd like to see how the online works.

I haven't make our reservations yet for Magical Express. We've used it twice - last year for SSMC05 and this past May. September went off without a hitch but May was a bit of a wait due to the crowds. To me, it makes sense to use ME when it's only Tom and I. This way we save the money we used to spend on a limo.

Julie - glad to hear you are better from the bite. Good luck with your city council meeting.

Mary - are you going to take the party bus with us? That should be a lot of fun!

Hi everyone!! It's been a busy day around here today!!! We had our pest control done today, and I had planned a day of errands, but Chris ended up having to go to the doctor for some minor complications with his back surgery that are getting annoying to him. No big deal, but he just wanted to make sure that it was ok, and it's normal.

For some good news today, we got a phone call from Emily's music teacher at school. She is inviting Emily to sing in the children's choir that practices on Wednesday nights. Normally, it is only for Kindergarten through 2nd grade, but she evaluates Emily's class every year (she's in what they call a 4/5 transitional class for the 5yr olds that weren't ready for Kindergarten and the 4yr olds that are a little more advanced). Anyway, Emily and 2 of her classmates were invited to participate in the children's choir. They call it KLW (Kids Leading Worship) and all the kids in the church run all the services on the 4th Sunday of the month, so she'll sing every month.

They have a whole program on Wed nights starting with a small bible study, then dinner, then singing and finally chimes. I really think that she's going to like it, since she loves music.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter