2004 HGTV Dream House

Sure, get more people involved so I have less of a chance to win that beautiful house. :rolleyes:

Don't bother even entering ~ I'm going to win it.;)

I was positive that last year's house was mine!! I can get over my disappointment by winning this one. It's really beautiful.....and not far from Florida either. :)

I enter everyday and email my sister to remind her! It's in Georgia so we don't have to move too far! :wave2:

The Dream House has a message board just as passionate as this one. The members even made last years winners a quilt! I recently jumped in but have not been keeping up with it as I spend a lot of time here :)

I just want to win the dog house, it would make a great play house for my 5 year old dd LOL!

yep, I'm registered! It's only about an hour from here, so not too long of a move, lol! Also, J. Lo and Ben have a house down there too! Not too sure if I would keep it if I won though...I was reading about past winners on their site, and most of them sold! The site said one lady "sold promptly after being presented with a $250,000 tax bill"....even if I sold my house, I couldn't cover that!

I would sell immediately also. You figure the upfront taxes are bad enough but I am sure the property taxes on it are pretty hefty as well. Past winners have said that HGTV treats you like royalty and fly you to see the house. I would go see it, take a few souveneirs (sp?) and then sell it. I think anyone who is going to pay top dollar is going to want it intact the way it was on tv. Some of the other winners said they end up with between $400k-$600k after taxes. HGTV also helps out with figuring all that stuff out.

I love love love the hidden media room-that is so cool! That is where I would hide out for sure. There and the tower :)

According to the HGTV site, no original winner has ever lived in the house they've won. They've all had to sell them upfront to cover the taxes. I wouldn't mind. It would still yield a nice chunk of money that I could put on the dream home I'm designing!

A radio station here in town gives away a house a year also. The tax bill is usually about $25,000 and is easily financed. Still that's cheaper than the tax bill on the six or seven figure home like this one!

I will have my real estate license by the time I WIN MY HOME so I'll sell it and get the commission. Hello!!

I registered also. Would love to live there, but I would probably end up selling MY new house. :p :teeth:

Just one note about the Dream House message board, it does not seem to be moderated like this one is. They just had some nastiness with a poster who was just trying to rile things up. I know I have not posted a whole lot in the past but I still feel much more at home here. They do seem to be a tight knit group though.

MY BD is on the 18th of Feb. so this is going to be a early BD gift to myself.

I entered to win. I wanted the one in Mexico Beach, FL!

The winners of that one stayed at a place called the Watercolor Inn. I looked up their website. WOW!! I am going to make reservations for later this year.

Good luck to everyone who enters.:D

Originally posted by KIRSTIN'S MOMMY
yep, I'm registered! It's only about an hour from here, so not too long of a move, lol! Also, J. Lo and Ben have a house down there too! Not too sure if I would keep it if I won though...I was reading about past winners on their site, and most of them sold! The site said one lady "sold promptly after being presented with a $250,000 tax bill"....even if I sold my house, I couldn't cover that!

It's the same for me, we live about an hour south of the house. I love St. Marys, hubby said he could most likely still work at his job, which we would need to pay the taxes. Our house here in Jax has gone up a lot so if we sold it we could most likely pay the taxes, but what are the yearly taxes like in GA?

Originally posted by tailfethrs
Our house here in Jax has gone up a lot so if we sold it we could most likely pay the taxes, but what are the yearly taxes like in GA?

Depends on the location, Atlanta proper's taxes are WAY higher than the outskirts, I have no idea about town this house is in.

Originally posted by Robinrs
Depends on the location, Atlanta proper's taxes are WAY higher than the outskirts, I have no idea about town this house is in. [/B]

Thanks for the reply. St. Marys is just north and of the FL broader going up 95. The house is on the water also so I'm assuming the insurance will be very high because of flooding. Nice house though, would need to change some things to make is liveable for my family. The second bedroom was made for a little girl, I have a 12 year old son.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!