20 Years of Dreams Event - Official Thread

i don't know if this has been mentioned, but i'd really love to finally go through the actual FOP line...
i've only ever gone through the FP line, so have never see the avatar in the regular line..
any chance we'll be able to go through the regular line during the party?

This is your moment. We waited about 2 hours way back when to walk thru the stand-by line (will never wait that long again). It is absolutely something you should do at least one time. On August 10th......we may be able to do it 3 or 4 times :D

Doug :goofy:

i don't know if this has been mentioned, but i'd really love to finally go through the actual FOP line...
i've only ever gone through the FP line, so have never see the avatar in the regular line..

I thought the same thing. We only did the FP line the one time we were able to do it (the week it opened). Haven’t been able to get an FP since and no way we’re waiting in line.

This is your moment. We waited about 2 hours way back when to walk thru the stand-by line (will never wait that long again). It is absolutely something you should do at least one time. On August 10th......we may be able to do it 3 or 4 times :D

Doug :goofy:

I thought the same thing. We only did the FP line the one time we were able to do it (the week it opened). Haven’t been able to get an FP since and no way we’re waiting in line.

we were at WDW for 24 days in august 2017 (i know, sounds like a long time, but since we come from so far away, we only get to come once in about 6 years....so that's the equivalent of visiting every year for 4 days....not that much right?)

anyway, since we were there for so long, i was able to snag several FPs for FOP...
i think we rode it 3 or 4 times....(me with my eyes closed most of the time due to motion sickness LOL)

i hope we get to go through the regular line during the party.....i'm so curious to see it...

Hi DIS team,
First, thank you very much for your work, time and effort to throw this weekend party/meet. Having done a few conventions, I know there is a metric ton of work behind the scenes that folks never see. Thank You!

I wanted to ask two questions to help me plan, and stay in alignment with your preferences and any guidance you may have been given from The Mouse.

1) Since the Pandora Party is a private booking, are we allowed to costume or cosplay in accordance with the usual rules at a Not-So-Scary Halloween Party? (No masks, no long dresses/trains, etc) I'm excited to dress in theme for Pandora, and I want to make sure I understand the guidance before I start playing with creative ideas.

2) Some of us are working on un-official meet-ups, one of which is a Pre-Pandora-meet-up at AKV Victoria Falls. Since we don't know what the turn out will be, would you like for us to coordinate with you on any event held on Disney property that may have a large turn out? I wouldn't want to cause any issue by having a large group with credentials identifying us as DISers turn up "unexpectedly," when it might have been best to pre-coordinate or give a "heads-up." There may also be some specific guidance that you might like for us to pass along when planning. I thought it best to check in advance, rather than assume.

Thank You again. I'm looking forward to a great time! :cutie:

Just bumping these questions. If there was a response, I apologize for missing it.

We are hoping so as well.
We have rode the ride each time through the FP line & was disappointed it by-passed the Avatar in the tank.

As we bypassed the regular line last week I had the same thought! I hope we get to see it in August!

so here's a thought....

with galaxy's edge opening scheduled for august 29th, might there be a soft opening earlier in august?

perhaps Pete and John might possibly maybe get us into a soft opening if there is one? just a thought....(or a hope...dream....)

Hi DIS team,
First, thank you very much for your work, time and effort to throw this weekend party/meet. Having done a few conventions, I know there is a metric ton of work behind the scenes that folks never see. Thank You!

I wanted to ask two questions to help me plan, and stay in alignment with your preferences and any guidance you may have been given from The Mouse.

1) Since the Pandora Party is a private booking, are we allowed to costume or cosplay in accordance with the usual rules at a Not-So-Scary Halloween Party? (No masks, no long dresses/trains, etc) I'm excited to dress in theme for Pandora, and I want to make sure I understand the guidance before I start playing with creative ideas.

2) Some of us are working on un-official meet-ups, one of which is a Pre-Pandora-meet-up at AKV Victoria Falls. Since we don't know what the turn out will be, would you like for us to coordinate with you on any event held on Disney property that may have a large turn out? I wouldn't want to cause any issue by having a large group with credentials identifying us as DISers turn up "unexpectedly," when it might have been best to pre-coordinate or give a "heads-up." There may also be some specific guidance that you might like for us to pass along when planning. I thought it best to check in advance, rather than assume.

Hi DIS planning team. During the live podcast last week, Ryno mentioned I should bump this up again. I really don't mean to be a pest, but some of us were asking about question #1 specifically so we could start designing our outfits. I suppose Question #2 is only important if you are concerned about large gatherings of DIS credentialed persons. Thank you for your time in planning a great event, and for your forbearance with the bumped questions.

Hi DIS team,

Answers;

1. I don't know yet
2. I don't know yet

Update 3/22/2019 - auction item donation form link added to original post.

Item Donation: Donation Form Link. Anyone can donate items for the auction whether or not you are attending the event. Items can be mailed to us (address provided in item submission form) and but must be received by 06/30/2019 so that we have time to receive and process the item. Those attending may bring your items but we can only accept items on 08/07/2019.

IMPORTANT: Only items submitted through the above linked form will be entered into the auction. Please do not send items without first filling out and submitting this form as we will NOT be able to add those items to the auction.

in the podcast John mentioned transportation after the party, which got me wondering about driving..
since the party is after park closing, how does it work if we drive to the park for the party?
will there be a problem getting our car out?
getting to our car?
although i suppose walking at night in a big empty lot is kind of creepy.
Though i might possibly be parking in the handicapped area.

any thoughts, advice?

in the podcast John mentioned transportation after the party, which got me wondering about driving..
since the party is after park closing, how does it work if we drive to the park for the party?
will there be a problem getting our car out?
getting to our car?
although i suppose walking at night in a big empty lot is kind of creepy.
Though i might possibly be parking in the handicapped area.

any thoughts, advice?

The parking lots don’t close, there just won’t be trams running so you have to walk. I did that after the Epcot party and it was fine and I’ll have a rental car again in August and plan to drive to and from the party.

We are going to the Pandora Party but we are on the Fantasy from the 7th to the 10th.

Question I have is can I pick up my credentials etc for the Party from the Contemporary the morning of the 7th before I go on the Cruise?

I assume the daily information which has credential distrubution is for the all events not just that day?
Otherwise my concern is we get off the ship and will have a mad rush to get back to collect credentials before noon on the 10th

We are going to the Pandora Party but we are on the Fantasy from the 7th to the 10th.

Question I have is can I pick up my credentials etc for the Party from the Contemporary the morning of the 7th before I go on the Cruise?

I assume the daily information which has credential distrubution is for the all events not just that day?
Otherwise my concern is we get off the ship and will have a mad rush to get back to collect credentials before noon on the 10th

Wednesday - 08/07/019

10AM - 5PM Event Registration and Credential Distribution
10AM - 5PM Silent Auction* Items Display and Bidding
Other events hosted by the Podcast Team Members TBA

Thursday - 08/08/019

Friday - 08/09/019

Saturday - 08/10/019
10AM - Noon Event Registration and Credential Distribution (All credentials must be picked up by noon eastern time this day. There WILL NOT be credential distribution at the park prior to the party. We apologize that we cannot make any exceptions).

Not sure if you will have your own car or not.

If not, I might consider renting a car from the Disney Car Care Center instead of using the DCL Transportation. At least for before the cruise. You can pick up from the Disney Car Care Center and drop it off close to the Cruise Ship terminal. That way you can pick up your credentials then head to the port. One thing to consider will be tolls as well with the rental car.

This is just an idea for you to consider just in case you think you won't have time to make your DCL Transportation from your resort (if you are staying at a Disney Resort beforehand) to the ship and if you think you won't make it to the Contemporary before noon on the 10th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!