20 Years of Dreams Event - Official Thread

Discussion in 'The DIS Unplugged Podcast' started by WebmasterJohn, Oct 17, 2018.

1. disneyholic family

disneyholic family disney on my mind....

Since we come from overseas, i've booked us in for a few more days, though i haven't yet bought our plane tickets, so we're not yet locked into any dates.
    I've reserved Sunday August 4th to Tuesday August 13th.
    It's just my daughter and me. If we were 'allowing' our husbands to come along, i would have booked us longer, but given that we're leaving the poor boys home, i felt i couldn't push it any longer than the 9 nights. Although, as i said, i haven't booked the flights yet, so you never know. :)

wiihoo888, Capwkidd, Aerin75 and 2 others like this.
  2. Mickeymouseisking

Mickeymouseisking Some imagination, huh?

AKL is amazing! I’d be excited about staying there too :-)

disneyholic family likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. k8Davies

k8Davies K8Davies

Can’t (well can really, as it sound so much fun) believe that the party is over 80% sold (info from the Tuesday show).

So excited :crazy: looks like that week I’ll definitely won’t have a lonely solo trip as probably everywhere I go, on property, I’ll bump into a fellow disser

5. ZAKI

ZAKI Earning My Ears

GREAT

6. TheMaxRebo

TheMaxRebo DIS Veteran

I went solo to the last trip and did make a few plans to meet up with people for events (mostly *Un*Official ones) and it worked out well as by the time the party started I knew a bunch of faces at least and had a small group of people (mostly other solo travelers) to hang out with

Definitely don't think you will be lonely!

7. Capwkidd

Capwkidd Mouseketeer

I’ll be (Hans?) Solo as well...

Who is going that went on the Italy trip?

8. PrncessA

PrncessA Dis_Mom_

I agree with @TheMaxRebo, I went solo to the last event and I never really felt alone. I had so much fun meeting new people and Diser's in real life!

9. Tonyz

Tonyz How do ya do? Pretty good, sure as you're born!

Sorry if this has been asked... but will Satuli Canteen be opened during the party?

10. Mickeymouseisking

Mickeymouseisking Some imagination, huh?

I haven’t seen it mentioned, but it seems to me like it won’t be as they have posted a list of the snacks that will be on offer plus a drink bar for pay.

Tonyz and disneyholic family like this.
  11. TheMaxRebo

TheMaxRebo DIS Veteran

For the EPCOT event last time they had the food stations and cash bar set up inside the Land pavilion, and no other food locations were open - so i suggest this will be the same (though perhaps Saut'li is the location used for this since only really inside spot - unless they set up outside if weather is good)

12. wiihoo888

wiihoo888 Earning My Ears

Just extended my stay (Yay!), and got another e-mail asking me to register for Pandora again. Just wanted to be sure that my initial request is still okey fine and I don’t have to register again. Thanks and sorry if this has been asked before.

disneyholic family likes this.
  13. FLkid

FLkid Mouseketeer

Just did my initial registration this afternoon because I had to save some $$. Hoping there’s still some spots open for the party

14. disneysteve

disneysteve DIS meet junkie

I hadn't thought about it but you're right. That's the only indoor space unless they do something backstage or use Tiffins.

The Epcot party was supposed to be outside but got moved inside due to the weather (which turned out to be fine). Personally, I liked it much better indoors where there was lighting and air conditioning. I don't think it would have been nearly as nice had it been held outside.

15. FLkid

FLkid Mouseketeer

Just got the party booked! We loved the Epcot event and can’t wait to attend another one

16. LisaLynn00

LisaLynn00 Earning My Ears

Just registered for the event - no party link email yet though... I hope there is still space?

17. disneysteve

John and Kevin are on a Danube ABD cruise so it will probably take a while to hear back from John.

18. LisaLynn00

LisaLynn00 Earning My Ears

Thanks! I wasn’t sure if it was an automatic thing - don’t want to miss it :)

19. OKW Lover

OKW Lover Retired and living 2 miles from The Castle. DIS Lifetime Sponsor

Its not an automatic thing. John is the one that processes each request. Dreams Unlimited Travel and the DIS are a much smaller operation than a lot of people think they are. I know that right now they are in-transit to their cruise so I wouldn't expect to hear anything soon.

20. Capwkidd

Capwkidd Mouseketeer

You don’t have to book rooms to get the party tickets...

21. disneysteve

I just want to clarify this as it's coming across a little confusing.

Tickets to the Pandora party are $95/person. Anybody registered for the overall event is eligible to buy a Pandora party ticket. It doesn't matter where you are staying or how you booked your accommodations.

If you book a Disney hotel room using the special group rates available for this event (see info on the first post), you are then eligible to buy discounted park tickets. Those park tickets (which have nothing to do with the Pandora party or the DIS event) can only be purchased by people who make their hotel reservations through the group deal. If you book on your own or stay offsite, you can't buy those special park tickets.